Start by marking “Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees” as Want to Read:

Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees

If you’re thinking this is just another book about a young man who falls in love with his best friend: look closer. Niko Savic’s gripping personal story is told through his own voice—a rare mix of honesty, crudeness and intelligence that opens a compelling window into late adolescence. Caught in the final weeks of senior year in a modest, sweltering northwestern city, he’s ...more
Published September 12th 2019 by Boise Urban Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees

Start your review of Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees
A.M. Leibowitz
**I was provided a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.**

I already knew from prior experience that I like the author’s writing style. If I could sum it up in a word, that might be introspective. He writes what comes across to me as a lot on the theme of “I’m not sure of what I’m feeling, but I want to ponder it and explore it from every angle.” It’s heavily character-driven rather than plot-driven.

When I started this book, I wasn’t sure what to expect. The characters are just
Laks
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A coming of age romance

This author has a different style of writing which is quite refreshing when going through the usual m/m romances. This is the story of a summer in the lives of two boys, who are best friends ,and are coming to terms with the fact that they are gay and are in love with each other.

Niko and Thomas have been best friends forever and are graduating that year. They have plans of going to college, playing football and to somehow get out of their small town. Even though
Ulysses Dietz
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By Kid Boise
Boise Urban Publishing, 2019
Five stars

Ah, I read “Mickey and the Chickadee” in 2016, and sort of loved it (four stars) but had a few moments of confusion about the young author’s verbiage. I wanted him to keep writing. So glad he took my advice (hahahaha). This book I really loved, almost without reservation.*

The thing about Niko Savic, the central figure of this ensemble-cast romantic drama/comedy, is that he’s sort of a 21st-century Holden
Ela The Queer Bookish
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: do-read
Read the full review on The Queer Bookish

Kid Boise paints a wonderful journey through teenage emotions, feelings, fears. He doesn’t shy away from truly awkward situations – I swear that car scene made me cringe so much with embarrassment – and he reflects what lies behind the actions whereas a lot of other authors would have stopped at “she was a shit mother”. I still don’t like Niko’s mother but for personal reasons I get the approach of the whole situation and the thoughts behind it.
Kid Boise
Sep 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Just wanted those following my reviews to be aware that it's out there, available on Amazon and a few other places. This is my second published book. It's a pseudo-romance between two young men who grew up as best friends. While leaning heavily on the romantic plot and building tension between the two MCs, the book also tackles broader social issues including racism and domestic abuse.

I'm really proud of this work and would love your feedback, good or bad!

-KB
Dean Calnan
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heart-warming novel with two well developed main characters. It encapsulates growing up queer really well and the confusion it causes.
Michael Jenkins
Alessandra Ale Amoretti
Feb 19, 2020
Micielle
Sep 23, 2019
The Backlot Gay B...: Thomas and Niko in the City of Trees, by Kid Boise 1 4 Feb 19, 2020 10:09AM

• The Regiment of Majestic Gays
  • Blue Jay
  • Offstage
  • The Moth and Moon
  • The Secrets We Keep
  • Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)
  • The Deadwood Murders (Kendall Parker Mystery #2)
  • Dans les bois éternels (Commissaire Adamsberg, #7)
  • Carved in Bone (Henry Rios Novels #2)
  • Wash This Blood Clean from My Hand (Commissaire Adamsberg, #6)
  • Life Will Be the Death of Me: . . . and You Too!
  • The Butcher of Oxford (White Oak Mysteries, #2)
  • The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek
  • Heart and Brain: Body Language: An Awkward Yeti Collection
  • Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base
  • Beware Mohawks Bearing Gifts
  • Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, 1986 (A Nick & Carter Holiday Book 2)
  • Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win World War II
Kid Boise was born and raised in Boise, Idaho and now lives with his partner in Vancouver, British Columbia. He earned a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Idaho in 2012.

Don't be shy about friending me! oh also on instagram: http://instagram.com/kid8oise