Start by marking “Not That Kind of Guy” as Want to Read:

Not That Kind of Guy

An office attraction becomes something more when they're off the clock in this delightful romantic comedy by the USA Today bestselling author of Not the Girl You Marry.

State attorney Bridget Nolan is successful in all aspects of her lifeexcept romance. After breaking up with her longtime boyfriend, she's been slow to reenter the dating scene. To be honest, she has more
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Berkley

Availability: 50 copies available, 3081 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 14 - Apr 13, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Not That Kind of Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not That Kind of Guy

Start your review of Not That Kind of Guy
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I have complex feelings about this book. I loved it but some unnecessary dramatic parts really made me irritated!!!

The facts:

BETTER BOOK: This is definitely so so so much better than Not the girl you marry even though Im a big fan of How to lose a guy in 10 days and curly hair of Matthew McConaughey but retelling didnt work with me. We needed Kate and Matthew on the board!

BETTER CHARACTERS: I loved Bridget, tough, prideful, hard-worker, confidant, successful lawyer, but when it comes to deal
    Kelly (and the Book Boar)
    Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I wanted to get my hands on Not That Kind of Guy the second I heard about it after my experience with Not the Girl You Marry. To say my expectations were high is a huge understatement . . . .

I didnt bother reading the entire synopsis. I thought this was going to be a fake date trope since I was aware the jumping off point of the story was Bridget being an attorney and Matt being a summer clerk who somehow ended up as her date for
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    Jim and Pam basically set my expectations for office romances

Jessica *The Lovely Books*
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Someone pinch me! This was sooo good and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it ended. Bridget is my spirit animal even though we have nothing in common. She's the type of woman I wished I could be but always came up short. If we're being honest, I still come up short, but whatever! She's an amazing badass.

"Bridget Nolan had lush auburn hair, piercing gray-blue eyes, cut-glass cheekbones, and a voice that was better than a hand job."

Matt Kido. So, where could I find one like him? He's
    Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
    Yayy I'm happy that I got an arc but I'm also happy that it's going to be released on my birthday <3 so hope it's good <3

description

Crystal
    Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Matt Kido is going to be topping lists of best book boyfriends of 2020, because he is the ultimate best! Bridget is just what we need in a romance heroine-tough, but vulnerable, and able to hold her own in any situation (even if shes's freaking out inside). No one does movie gender flips in books like Andie, and I cannot wait to see what comes next from her awesome mind!
    Cathi - LovesBooksMore

Bridget Nolan is one badass attorney. Shes tough as nails - especially with men.

In walks wealthy, hunky Matt Kido. He is also the son of the powerhouse woman heading up the perfect fellowship Bridget is applying for. Matt is Bridgets new law intern for the summer. Can Bridget keep the relationship professional and gain the fellowship all in one swoop?

With her brothers wedding right around the corner- Bridget needs a date and fast. When the internship ends and emotions get out of control- no
    Dany
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: romance, 3-stars
    Follows Bridget Nolan , Jack's sister from "Not the girl you marry"

🌟The Proposal with a twist
    🌟Lawyer - Intern
    🌟Banter + Romance

I loved Bridget from the first book and I cannot express how much I loved the fact "Not that kind of Guy" follows Bridget!!!

But this book had the same issues I had with "Not the girl you marry". There was too many telling of emotions while it was obvious. I had to skip pages to get through the book.

Full review will be posted closer to the publishing date.

*I received the
    Samantha (WLABB)
    Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Matt was looking for some space from his problems, when he requested an internship this internship. What he found was the woman of his dreams, or at least a woman he knew he wanted to get to know better. What he didn't expect was a quickie Vegas wedding to said woman, but he began to hope that their fake marriage could turn into something real.

Let's start with a quick list of things I enjoyed:
    Fierce and fabulous heroine
    Sweet and swoony hero
    Fantastic family times
    Lots of rom-com moments
    A
    Donna Hines
    Have you ever had a situation in which you've been unlucky in love -always the bridesmaid never the bride- type of situation?
    This is sort of like that dilemma but with a twist-she's an attorney in need of a date for her brother's wedding-he's a legal intern and she's his boss.
    Oops!!
    Well, it can still work if the star's align? Right?!
    No fret- we got this!!
    Enter hot guy Matt who takes the world by storm along with Bridget's heart.
    So we are off to fun in the sun -beautiful Nevada- and what happens
    Maddie butler
    Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    So if you want to know what the book is really about take the movie What Happens In Vegas ( Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher) throw the mother from Crazy Rich Asians (mans mother) and add a dash of lawyers to the mix and you have the book Not That Kind Of Guy.

I really applaud Andie J. Christopher for her main character Bridget Nolan being older then her Love Interest Matt Kido. I havent read a lot of romance novels where the woman is just a few years older then the man. Which makes it unique in
    Amy Lea
    Ill be honest, I wasnt a huge fan of Not That Kind of a Girl, simply because i felt it was too similar to How To Lose a guy in 10 days, in that I knew exactly what was going to happen. I wanted to read this one though because I liked the premise.

This one was modelled after the proposal, following Bridget, Jakes sister. Bridget is an attorney who doesnt have time for relationships. However, this stance is tested when she gets a new intern, Matt. The two find it hard to ignore their chemistry,
    Cat C
    Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: giveaways
    Thanks to Berkley and Goodreads for a chance to read an advance copy and provide an honest review.

Just FYI for expectation-setting, since I *did* see a lot of HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS in NOT THE GIRL YOU MARRY: I keep hearing that this is modeled off THE PROPOSAL, but I just don't see it. THE PROPOSAL is a forced fake relationship (which sounds bad but I love this movie shhh), but here the main conceit is an office attraction that they hold off on until their professional relationship is
    Jennifer Holik
    Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: giveaways, arc
    I received this ARC in a Goodreads giveaway and want to start by thanking Berkley for my copy.

With that out of the way, I will note that once again I find myself torn by a book. I really loved the characters and the story. I came pretty close to giving this 5 stars. I'm not a huge reader of contemporary romance, but I have been dabbling in them a lot more lately. I haven't encountered a story quite like this one before and I found it refreshing. For example, the main characters mostly
    Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
    Mar 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
    Shelves: march-2020
    I received an Egalley from Berkley Romance in exchange for a honest review.

I'm going to be honest and let everyone know that I didn't have high hopes for this book after reading Andie's first novel, Not the Girl You Marry. I listened to the audiobook of that one and enjoyed it fairly enough despite the poor reviews on the writing and the characters. Maybe it was because I had someone reading enthusiastically to me instead of me reading it in the same monotone inner voice I have?

This one was a
    Caiti (The Romance Mom)
    Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I... honestly don't know what to say about this book. It's smart and it tackles VERY important issues. It's sexy. But...did I like it? I don't know. I think so?

Are you confused? Yes? Me too. I think...this may have been a character thing for me?

I know this makes me a hypocrite because I don't have this issue with spoiled 19th century British lord heroes... but I just REALLY struggled with a 2020 'Trust Fund Kid' hero. I can't help it. It is what it is.

The particular "class" and money
    Ashelee Gerald
    I liked that this explored a relationship between one person whose older and the other younger (there wasn't a big age difference).But overall I didn't like how the characters were written and there were a lot of parts I could've done without, or they were just too long.
    Heather Hatfield
    Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I loved this book! It was a fun read. I loved the characters, the build up romance, the humor. Thank you Goodreads Giveaways for this book!
    Tamara
    Review to come.

Quick thoughts:

Cute and fun book.

Loved the humor!
    Emily
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    This book was a really cut rom-com. After a bad break up, Matt interns with Bridget for the summer. Matt is instantly attracted to Bridget and Bridget develops a crush on Matt even though shes sworn off relationships. After Matts internship ends, he joins Bridget for her brother and future sister-in-laws bachelor/bachelorette party in Vegas. Of course Matt and Bridget end up getting married while they are drunk.

I really enjoyed this book and I didnt want to put it down after I started reading
    natalie
    Cw: for mention of abortion. Heroine's ex throws this back in her face in front her family.

I don't know if it was my mood or what but this one didnt catch me like Hannah's book. I just felt like it was okay and I don't know why. all the tropey goodness was there! oops we got married in Vegas and now we gotta keep pretending we are actually married. BUT I just ofund myself skimming scenes to see how it all would end.

This is an interracial romance which i feel like i haven't really seen
    Janye
    Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: romance, arcs
    While I was reading this I kept thinking about the movie The Proposal. Intern and boss get married and then fall in love. It wasnt until I saw a few reviews for this authors other works that I realized that is what she does. She takes rom coms and gives a little twist.

With that said, I liked this book, for the most part. The characters were wonderfully crafted. I like how Andie created the back story for each of the main characters.

I didnt prefer how the chapters change perspectives without
    Kristen
    Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
    arc received in exchange for honest review
    Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Not That Kind of Guy is the sort of book that makes you smile as you read it and despondent when its complete. Bridget is strong, yet relatable and Matt is perfect, yet flawed in all the right ways. The romance flows beautifully between the two main characters and the secondary characters add a nice touch of comedy to the plot. Highly recommend and looking forward to read other works from this author! ...more
    Teresa
    Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Bridget Nolan and Matt Kido are as different as apples and oranges but isn't the saying opposites attract?! When Matt is assigned to be Bridget's summer intern at the state attorney office he falls in lust (possibly love) at first sight and he will do anything to impress her, anything. Bridget isn't blind, she notices that Matt is attractive but she doesn't want to date anyone...even the hot, smart intern that she can't stop thinking about. When Matt agrees to be Bridget's date for weekend in ...more
    Csimplot Simplot
    Excellent book!!!
    Ash McClintic
    S
    Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: romance, diverse-book
    ***Content Warning*** Off-page Abortion

After being disappointed by Not the Girl You Marry (I'm not a fan of How to Lose a Guy in 10 days), I was not looking forward to reading Not That Kind of Guy by the same author (Andie J Christopher). However, my stack of non-YA novels, was incredibly thin. So why not, especially since it is the drunk marriage in Vegas trope. This book was much more to my liking.

Do you remember Jack from Not the Girl You Marry? The heroine in this novel is his sister,
    Sarah Shellabarger
    3.5 stars | Workplace romances are my JAM so I was super excited to read Not That Kind of Guy and experience a different take on the trope. And while this definitely wasn't my all-time favorite, it was still a charming, easy, and enjoyable read! I wasn't aware of this going in, especially since I had never read from this author before, but apparently Christopher draws inspiration for her novels from popular rom-com movies. Looking back, this book definitely gave off slight The Proposal, What ...more
    Paige Moreland
    Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    « previous 1 3 next »

• Beach Read
    • The Honey-Don't List
    • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
    • You Deserve Each Other
    • The Worst Best Man
    • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
    • The Happy Ever After Playlist
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • The Marriage Game