Start by marking “The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe: Quick Reads 2020” as Want to Read:
The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe: Quick Reads 2020

The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe: Quick Reads 2020

*** From the  bestselling author of  The Magnificent Mrs Mayhew ***

It only takes one small step to change your life!

Lara Cliffe and her three friends are off on a mini break for her hen party.  Its three weeks before her wedding to Steady Freddie, one of the kindest men on the planet.  But something is worrying Lara. Her friends say its wedding jitters, but she isnt
Published February 20th 2020 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe

Start your review of The Little Dreams of Lara Cliffe: Quick Reads 2020
Judith Graham
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First Milly Johnson book Ive read and I really enjoyed it.
Liked the characters of the 4 girls as they went, by sea, to Amsterdam for a hen weekend prior to Lara getting married. Lara, nursing a broken heart and her 3 old school friends have a really enjoyable weekend where Lara make a big decision.
A very easy read read but I got into it quickly and loved it.
Nessa
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was after a short story and knowing that I've enkoyed Milly books in the past, I figured this woukd fit the bill perfectly. I was right, as this was an absolutely delightful read.

I really enjoyed this story from start to finish, lovely characters and I was truly envious of the friendship that the four friends had. To have a close knit friendship from school to adult life, how many of us can say they have not!

Anyway, brilliant storytelling as always from Milly.
Lyndsay
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this quick read book
Kirstie Cooper
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick easy read that kept my attention throughout. Looking forward to reading some of her other books.
Trish Hills
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweetest little story from Milly Johnson!

There's a whole lot of love, friendship, fun and humour wrapped up in the 100 or so pages.
Joanne
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Small Dreams of Lara Cliffe is about Lara and her three friends who are on a mini-break to Amsterdam for her hen-do. Lara has had her share of disappointing relationships but is about to settle down and marry 'Steady Freddie'. However, on the boat to Rotterdam, she discovers that the guitarist in the on-board band is none other than her first love Danny, the man who jilted her and broke her heart. They used to sing in a band together and Danny had high hopes of stardom. Understandably, this ...more
Louise Douglas
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
Lara Cliffe has had a rocky road to get to this week her hen do on a cruise to amsterdam and back. Her love life has not been plain sailing (no pun intended), but shes finally happy and more than ready to settle down.

But when, on the first night of the cruise, she comes face to face with the guy who broke her heart into pieces, and it seems like he might be truly sorry, what will Lara do? Was it fate that brought them back together?

I have to say, even though this was a short story (published as
Fabulous Book Fiend
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved travelling to Amsterdam with Lara and her friends. I have done that ferry crossing and so I could easily picture the things they were doing but even if you haven't travelled in the same footsteps as this group of friends, you will be rewarded with the fun of the ship as well as a virtual tour of Amsterdam, so much fun!

I really loved the characters we get to meet in this book, you can imagine their friendships and how they have changed over the years as they have grown up, got married
Lynsey
Feb 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
EDIT: I've just seen an ad on social media, and this series is designed to help solve the adult literacy crisis. 😬😆🙃
Still, that doesn't mean the storyline needs to be so overly simplistic, does it?

What an unsophisticated read. It read like something written for GCSE coursework, or an episode of EastEnders. And that was my punishment for choosing a book from the library to boost my reading challenge numbers, rather than for its plot!
I imagine the Quick Reads series is aimed at someone who
Laura Wooding

I got this from the library because I needed a little light relief after reading The Places Ive Cried In Public and thats exactly what it was. Cute, kitschy, light relief.

Its a sweet little book, but I dont think its on par with other Milly Johnson short stories.

I liked Lara, we obviously dont get to know her all that well, and her friends were lovely. I feel like this book relied a lot more on the setting than the story. I feel like I was in Amsterdam myself it was so descriptive.

I
Nicola Clough
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant short story and has you hooked and makes you think about your past as well. Full of friendship and holidays and learning to move forward.
Lara is going away on her hen do for a weekend on a boat and she is going with her friends who are all so grateful she has finically found the right love of her live after a number of wrong ones. They go on the boat and while shes wondering if she is marrying the right person and when she sees her first love Danny singing on the boat can
Eve beinguniquebooks
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lara is setting off on a cruise with her best friends and hen party planners, Vicky Jo and Pip.

As Lara prepares to marry steady Freddie a guy who dotes on her we see how she reacts when her ex shockingly is also on the cruise and he broke her heart terribly, Danny the dreamer who wanted to be a rock star.

But will Lara go back instead of onwards into her new planned happy life and marriage?

I loved this little book such a fun hopeful short story about looking ahead to the future and appreciating
Lynn Brown
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are struggling to read at the moment then this book from Milly is an ideal light read. It's from the Quick Reads series of books which come from a range of authors. Only 99 pages and a £1.

The story centres around Lara who is on her hen party in Amsterdam. On the way there she sees the man who jilted her before her wedding to him several years ago. Will she decide she wants to give him a second change and in turn jilt her intended?
Sandra Maguire
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable short story

I really enjoyed this story. Did fate intervene for Lara? I love the bond the 4 friends had since school and how they have looked out for Lara and have always been honest with her
Catherine rushforth
Wonderful

Another wonderful and lovely little story from Milly. I very much enjoyed reading about Lara and her friends in Amsterdam.
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely, low angst story that was just what I needed to get me back on track.
Nicola (Not Just Books) Barker
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lovely little read about friendship, love and following your dreams xx
Catherine Raitt
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love Milly Johnson and this story was a sweet one. Not as interesting as her usual ones, but I enjoyed. Only 4 stars because it was just too short for me.
MRS CHRISTINE  SITTON
Will she won't she?

A different type of story about first lost love. Makes you think about a first love when you look back through rose coloured glasses.
Mel Garraghan-Moore
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great little quick read. The bittersweet realisation that the one that got away is the one you should have pushed away. No regrets.
Angela Free
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just what I wanted for a Saturday afternoon when I had a bit of time to myself.
Marie Heathcote
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovely feel good book
Alana Worthington
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it cute read think I need to check out more of her work 😊📚
Jo
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the new Quick Reads for 2020. Lovely entertaining story with a great cast of characters. Really enjoyed it.
Bookworman
A sweet short story from one of my favorite authors.
Samantha Luke
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice easy going quick read
Louise
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, easy fun read. Its only a snapshot of Milly's wonderful writing but it's worth it, you won't be disappointed!
Ruth Ellis
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story I could of read more or reminded me of that crossing in 1973 when it was rough yes and I was seasick too lol
Stefennie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice quick read
Miss GM Jones
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great short story, just like all of Millys books

• A Fresh Start (Quick Reads) (Quick Reads 2020)
  • The Donor
  • Notting Hill Carnival (Quick Reads): A West Side Story (Quick Reads 2020)
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • An Almost Perfect Holiday
  • Broken Hearts at Brightwater Bay
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • It Started with a Secret
  • When Life Gives You Lemons
  • A Springtime Affair
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 9)
  • Darkness Rising
  • Quick Reads This Is Going To Hurt: An easy to read version of the bestselling book
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
  • Those People
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Summer: Part One – All You Knead is Love
  • The Confession
  • The Christmas Invitation
Milly Johnson was born in Barnsley, raised in Barnsley and still lives in Barnsley - although she did study in Exeter for four years and emigrate to Haworth in West Yorkshire in the 1980s.

She trained as an actress, teacher, an accountant, a Customer Services and Suggestion Scheme Manager as well as working in a variety of administrative posts for companies dealing with anything from antique

News & Interviews