Start by marking “Happily Letter After” as Want to Read:
Happily Letter After

Happily Letter After

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  24,108 ratings  ·  2,776 reviews
From New York Times bestselling authors Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward comes a love story about taking chances, and the surprises that come with them.

My love story all started with a letter.

Only it wasn’t from the man I’d eventually fall in love with. It was from his daughter.  A sweet little girl named Birdie Maxwell who’d written to the magazine that I worked for.

You see,
Published October 20th 2020 by Montlake

To ask other readers questions about Happily Letter After, please sign up.
Penelope Ward Thank you so much! I am excited that you're excited! <3 …moreThank you so much! I am excited that you're excited! <3 (less)
Fran Costa No, it is not. This book is a single alone story about love.

·  24,108 ratings  ·  2,776 reviews

Start your review of Happily Letter After
jessica
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my girls vi and penelope are back at it again with another sweet, adorable story.

i really enjoyed this. im generally not into the single dad trope, but theres just something about birdie and sebastians relationship that makes it impossible for me to not love this story. i understand exactly what sadie sees in them and i would also try to sneak my way into their life asap, so i get it.

although there is one tiny little side plot that pops up towards the end that feels a little too convenient/unr
Madita
Aug 26, 2022 rated it did not like it
I am disappointed.
This book was pretty good and then boom: racism and stereotype of chinese people.
Here is the quote that I do not even know why it exists.
(Little backstory so you all can get the scene)

So Sadie and Seb are sitting in bed and eating chinese Take out. Sadie told Seb that she is adopted and took one of those "23and me DNA tests" she then proceeds to tell Seb that she is 4% chinese, But then she says this:
"Ever since I found that out, I feel like I got better at chopsticks."
ehh
FictionalDen
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-star
2.5 Stars

Honestly it was a pretty average book.
It didn’t really pull much of any of my feelings.

Plot
Sadie gets a letter from a little girl named Birdie, whose mother passed away from cancer a few years back. Those letters consisted of asking Santa how her mother was doing and about some things she wanted. Sadie then went out of her way to help the little girl by secretly bringing her the things she requested as gifts. Which later led into Birdie and Sadie having a more personal relationship thro
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
05-11-2020-12-41-33-7790000-1

3.5 STARS

It all start with a letter from a sweet 10-year-old girl to Santa Claus - in which she asks for socks without holes for her father, black olives, and... "a special friend" for her and her dad. 🎅💙✉
Sadie, who works for the magazine and in charge of Santa's column, receives the letter and falls in love with Birdie. She feels a special connection to her - because they share a lot in common - and so, she sends her small gestures to make her happy. But then, curiosity (and a butterfly) le
Penelope Ward
Oct 20, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
★ ★IT'S LIVE!!★ ★
Happily Letter After is LIVE and FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
We are super excited for you to experience the magic of this story!
PURCHASE LINKS
US: https://amzn.to/329nh8V
UK: https://amzn.to/3aIeEG6
CA: https://amzn.to/32glMWi
AU: https://amzn.to/2YnJE9k
ALSO AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK & AUDIO
Paperback: https://amzn.to/31ekjAw
Audiobook: https://amzn.to/34k1v52
***Unlike our solo books, this book (traditionally published through Montlake Romance) is available on Amazon exclusively and availab
Christy
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-audio
4 stars
Our hearts are made up of all different broken pieces that belong to others, and when we find the right one, they show us how they can all fit together again.

This is my favorite Vi Keeland/Penelope Ward cover, so I was excited to get to the book. I love single parent romances and I was intrigued by the blurb. I enjoyed this one so much. I especially loved all the interactions with Sebastian's daughter Birdie, and our heroine Sadie. I also really loved the twists and turns throughout this
Dilek VT
Nope, sorry. This was no good. It felt like something between 1 and 2 stars...

To be frank, I was not going to read this book at all because the blurb didn’t appeal to me and I don't like single-parent books but then I read some good reviews about it and changed my opinion.

Sadly, I was right about my instincts. This book has so many things I dislike in a romance book and then some. It is not my type of book and in my opinion, it is one of those books this duo failed in. Again. I have read some r
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

Omg I can't even tell you how much I loved it, I devour it!I start it and couldn't put it down!Happily Letter After was emotional,heartwarming and so sweet!I loved the romance so much and the characters were fantastic!I felt like I was a part of the story!

For me this book it was a little bit more heavier than their other books!There were moments Iwas emotional!The romance was so good, it has slow burn and it was sexy at some points and we have a single dad!Do I need to say more??

Th
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

9BCFB594_453D_45FC_A4F7_8B5F935E24BC

Sadie Bisset is a beautiful, single 29 yr. old woman living in New York. She works as a writer at a magazine often doing research for her articles where she provides dating advice. Her magazine also answers a column once a year where they grant wishes around the holidays. When a precious little girl writes in ahead of their usual schedule Sadie decides to grant some of her wishes herself. She figures she's anonymous, so what harm could it possibly do. It was j
Diana
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

I usually enjoy reading this writing duo when I need something fun and sweet yet also has a twist and turn in the story. Happily Ever After did not disappoint.

I liked both the Sadie and Sebastian BUT there was one eye rolling moment with Sadie that I seriously had to walk away because it was just so ridiculous. To me, the star of the story was Birdie, Sebastian’s daughter. She was just adorable with such a big heart and the reason Sadie and Sebastian come together.

This was a great fas
Christine B
Sadie was a columnist when she received a dear Santa letter from a little girl name Birdie Maxwell, bound by the comments of her dear Santa letter Sadie felt compelled to fill her request although it was early summer and no where near Christmas. All Birdie wanted was some socks for her dad, olives a Great Dane named Maraduke and a special friend. Sadie fulfilled most of the request because her and Birdie had a kinship their mother had both die of cancer. Sadie started to get excited as weeks wou ...more
Andrea Fleury
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Exciting until the very end. It was so sad and so exciting. I was happy with the ending. I felt it would end that way. The connection between these two authors is amazing. This story will leave you thinking about for a very long time.
The Avid Reader
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

This book certainly did a number on my emotions. Let me just sum up everything I felt while reading this book.

At the beginning of the book (when Birdie writes her first letter to Santa), I was like awwww!!! That was so freaking cute; it melted my heart and tugged on my heartstrings. So we were off to a great start.

As the story progressed, I got a bit uncomfortable with the way the heroine, Sadie, ends up meeting Birdie.(view spoiler)
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Getting letters for Santa was not something unusual for Sadie Bisset. As a writer at Modern Miss, she handled a special yearly Holiday wishes section. But when an unexpected off-season letter landed on her desk from a girl with wishes for her father, Sadie took matters into her own hands without realizing where it would lead her.

This book was not at all what I initially expected, but I’m not complaining. I enjoyed thi
swedishruler B
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
It wasn’t bad. Just kinda boring. Should be mentioned that this includes

Death by Cancer
IVF
Cheating
Dali
I was inescapably drawn under this book’s spell.

World building: 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤
Plot: 📚📚📚📚📚
Romance: 💕💕💕💕💕
Sexiness: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Once a year, lifestyle and dating columnist Sadie Bisset also handles the wishes to Santa section. She never expected to get a letter in the middle of summer, much less feel such a strong connection with the little girl who wrote it. But fulfilling a couple of harmless wishes snowballs into a few lies and meeting the girl’s gorgeous yet closed off single fa
Auntee
Really sweet story about a widowed 36 year old restaurateur (Sebastian), his 10 year old daughter (Birdie), their Great Dane Marmaduke, and the 29 year old magazine writer (Sadie) who comes into their life.

Oh my, I really don't know where to begin to describe this story. There's a lot of zaniness and hilarity at first ( I was cracking up a time or two over Sadie) just in the way that Sadie comes into their lives and the little lies she tells to keep things going. But you root for her because she
MarvelUsReads
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
(4.3 Stars)

Happily Letter After is a stunning tale that reawakens the power of belief. Bound by a connection through common tragedy, good intentions leads Sadie down a spiralling web, of unintentional lies. However, when the truth comes to light, and her true intentions revealed, not only does she find love with a spectacular man, but she forges an unbreakable bond with his daughter as well. For full review: www.marvelusreads.com.
Melanie (mells_view)
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute, but sorta creepy?

Happily Letter After was super duper cute, but also a bit weird considering the heroine is essentially a stalker who oversteps boundaries and constantly lies for a hot minute. Then towards the end the hero gets a little creepy and kicks dirt on boundaries. I realize this is a romcom, but some of the decisions they made were cringe. THAT being said, the sweet and cute moments outweighed the bad stuff for me. I loved Sadie, Seb, Birdie, The Duke, and all the rest of the char
Keri Loves Books
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When fate takes hold...

A sweet, yet emotional romance about love after loss and a second chance at a Happily Ever After. I shed a few tears, but was left with a really big smile after this poignant romance. This author duo never fails to deliver a touching story with just the right amount of sexy. This single dad romance will make you believe in the power of fate.

Sadie works at a newspaper and during the Christmas holiday she has a feature dedicated to Christmas Wishes. She never expected a lett
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
001_FullSizeRender

A 2020 favorite!

I think this is my favorite Penelope Ward/Vi Keeland co-write to-date! So much fun with a good dose of emotions. All the stars!

Penelope and Vi weaved Sadie and Sebastian's story so well that I found myself guessing, laughing, gasping, and swooning with almost every page. This was a fantastic slow-burn and I enjoyed every page!
Shan ~A~
I love Birdie Maxwell. Did I love Sadie and Sebastian? Yes, but Birdie stole the show.

This book had all the feels. I laughed and even cried a bit throughout. It was so heartwarming and pulled at my emotions like crazy.

I had barely started the book and knew I was in love from Birdie's first letter.

There were a lot of parallels between Sadie's life growing up and Sebastian and Birdie's lives now. That is most likely why this touched my heart so much. They had all been through a lot before findi
M
Mar 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I listened to this on audio and enjoyed it so much. Birdie was brought to life and was so whimsical. I don't think I would have gotten the full feel of her true childlike wonder had I only read words on a page. She brought this story to life. Gosh, I loved her. She was truly adorable. She stole the show or book rather.

This story was original in my opinion. I can't recall reading a story where a child befriends her very own Santa. Then that Santa is actually a woman with such a sweet spirt and fe
Samantha Young
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward book so far and in my top reads for 2020!

This is a perfect romance.
Sadie and Sebastian (and Birdie's) story has it all— the right balance between emotional, humorous and steamy. I teared up at certain moments but I also laughed out loud a lot! Birdie is one of the most authentic, well-drawn, adorable and funny kids I've read in ages. Sadie is a relatable, hilarious and incredibly likeable heroine. Sebastian is a charismatic, endearing and sexy af hero.
Yodamom
Nov 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Death, cancer, young children, it just wasn't as light and airy as I'm used to from this pair. I was looking for light airy fun with a side of romance. This had the romance, a cute dog, some funny bits but the shroud of death was brought up so often it just doused the fire. ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

It all starts with a letter to Santa...or does it?

Sadie works for a magazine where she mainly writes dating articles, that is, until around Christmas time where she answers letters for Santa.

She gets a particular letter early and it's so cute and sweet that she can hardly not fulfill it even if it's not something she usually does. This starts an almost obsessed journey leading up to her meeting Sebastian. (It gave me a bit of a Sleepless in Seattle vibe.)

Sebastian is a widowed restaurant
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
The thing with telling lies is that once you tell one, the rest that follow seem to just roll off the tongue much easier. That’s how Sadie Bisset went from being a column journalist to being a german dog trainer called Gretchen Schmidt in just one afternoon. Let me explain how this all came about…

Sadie is indeed a columnist who writes stories about dating. She does a lot of research by going on dates and then writing about them. As you can imagine she has a lot of hilarious and interesting exper
NAT.orious reads ☾
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: standalones
★★✬✩✩ STARS
This book is for you if… you simpley need to read yet another romance.

Overall.
I do not remember most of the plot of Happily Letter After two months after finishing it, only that somebody dies from some sort of terminal illness and that I really did not enjoy most of the book. In fact, a whole lot of eye-rolling was involved. The romance was flat but also stereotypical. I recall I kept thinking to myself 'Is romance yet another genre I ruined by over-consuming?'

And honestly
Mindy Lou's Book Review
3.5 Stars

This one is hard to review. I liked it as well as the little twist at the end, but in some ways the book was average for me. I think it's more of a me thing than the anything else. The writing is very good. I just felt it lacked more of a spark between the main characters. It was like watching a good Hallmark show. I did listen to the audiobook and loved the narrators. I think they did a fantastic job.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description
A strange thing happened to me while I was reading Happily Letter After, by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. I almost exclusively read on my Kindle, but today was the first time in a long time, that was I thankful to be holding a physical copy of the book. Happily Letter After felt so special that I had the overwhelming need to hug the book. Is that weird that I needed to hold a paperback physically? Maybe, but this story felt like it hugged my soul.

I hit the last page, and I planed to contact Vi

• Stories of September
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Fearless (The Salvation Society)
  • Uncommon Vows
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Reckless Kiss
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Friend Zone (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar (The Guys Who Got Away)
  • Reformation (The Salvation Society)
  • Becoming a Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Tagged & Ashed (Sterling Shore, #2)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Cinderella
  • That Guy
See top shelves…
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by an