Start by marking “Happily Letter After” as Want to Read:
Happily Letter After

Happily Letter After

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  9,384 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews
From New York Times bestselling authors Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward comes a love story about taking chances, and the surprises that come with them.

My love story all started with a letter.

Only it wasn’t from the man I’d eventually fall in love with. It was from his daughter.  A sweet little girl named Birdie Maxwell who’d written to the magazine that I worked for.

You see,
Published October 20th 2020 by Montlake

To ask other readers questions about Happily Letter After, please sign up.
Jasmine Yesss Don’t question it just read it you won’t regret it ;)

·  9,384 ratings  ·  1,270 reviews

Start your review of Happily Letter After
jessica
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my girls vi and penelope are back at it again with another sweet, adorable story.

i really enjoyed this. im generally not into the single dad trope, but theres just something about birdie and sebastians relationship that makes it impossible for me to not love this story. i understand exactly what sadie sees in them and i would also try to sneak my way into their life asap, so i get it.

although there is one tiny little side plot that pops up towards the end that feels a little too convenient/unr
Penelope Ward
Oct 20, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
★ ★IT'S LIVE!!★ ★
Happily Letter After is LIVE and FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
We are super excited for you to experience the magic of this story!
PURCHASE LINKS
US: https://amzn.to/329nh8V
UK: https://amzn.to/3aIeEG6
CA: https://amzn.to/32glMWi
AU: https://amzn.to/2YnJE9k
ALSO AVAILABLE IN PAPERBACK & AUDIO
Paperback: https://amzn.to/31ekjAw
Audiobook: https://amzn.to/34k1v52
***Unlike our solo books, this book (traditionally published through Montlake Romance) is available on Amazon exclusively and availab
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
05-11-2020-12-41-33-7790000-1

3.5 STARS

It all start with a letter from a sweet 10-year-old girl to Santa Claus - in which she asks for socks without holes for her father, black olives, and... "a special friend" for her and her dad. 🎅💙✉
Sadie, who works for the magazine and in charge of Santa's column, receives the letter and falls in love with Birdie. She feels a special connection to her - because they share a lot in common - and so, she sends her small gestures to make her happy. But then, curiosity (and a butterfly) le
Mickeysreads
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-star
2.5 Stars

Honestly it was a pretty average book.
It didn’t really pull much of any of my feelings.

Plot
Sadie gets a letter from a little girl named Birdie, whose mother passed away from cancer a few years back. Those letters consisted of asking Santa how her mother was doing and about some things she wanted. Sadie then went out of her way to help the little girl by secretly bringing her the things she requested as gifts. Which later led into Birdie and Sadie having a more personal relationship thro
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

Omg I can't even tell you how much I loved it, I devour it!I start it and couldn't put it down!Happily Letter After was emotional,heartwarming and so sweet!I loved the romance so much and the characters were fantastic!I felt like I was a part of the story!

For me this book it was a little bit more heavier than their other books!There were moments Iwas emotional!The romance was so good, it has slow burn and it was sexy at some points and we have a single dad!Do I need to say more??

Th
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

9BCFB594_453D_45FC_A4F7_8B5F935E24BC

Sadie Bisset is a beautiful, single 29 yr. old woman living in New York. She works as a writer at a magazine often doing research for her articles where she provides dating advice. Her magazine also answers a column once a year where they grant wishes around the holidays. When a precious little girl writes in ahead of their usual schedule Sadie decides to grant some of her wishes herself. She figures she's anonymous, so what harm could it possibly do. It was j
Diana
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

I usually enjoy reading this writing duo when I need something fun and sweet yet also has a twist and turn in the story. Happily Ever After did not disappoint.

I liked both the Sadie and Sebastian BUT there was one eye rolling moment with Sadie that I seriously had to walk away because it was just so ridiculous. To me, the star of the story was Birdie, Sebastian’s daughter. She was just adorable with such a big heart and the reason Sadie and Sebastian come together.

This was a great fas
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Getting letters for Santa was not something unusual for Sadie Bisset. As a writer at Modern Miss, she handled a special yearly Holiday wishes section. But when an unexpected off-season letter landed on her desk from a girl with wishes for her father, Sadie took matters into her own hands without realizing where it would lead her.

This book was not at all what I initially expected, but I’m not complaining. I enjoyed thi
Zain: The Avid Reader
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it

This book certainly did a number on my emotions. Let me just sum up everything I felt while reading this book.

At the beginning of the book (when Birdie writes her first letter to Santa), I was like awwww!!! That was so freaking cute; it melted my heart and tugged on my heartstrings. So we were off to a great start.

As the story progressed, I got a bit uncomfortable with the way the heroine, Sadie, ends up meeting Birdie.(view spoiler)
Christine B
Sadie was a columnist when she received a dear Santa letter from a little girl name Birdie Maxwell, bound by the comments of her dear Santa letter Sadie felt compelled to fill her request although it was early summer and no where near Christmas. All Birdie wanted was some socks for her dad, olives a Great Dane named Maraduke and a special friend. Sadie fulfilled most of the request because her and Birdie had a kinship their mother had both die of cancer. Sadie started to get excited as weeks wou ...more
Nova B
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
It wasn’t bad. Just kinda boring. Should be mentioned that this includes

Death by Cancer
IVF
Cheating
MarvelUsReads
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
(4.3 Stars)

Happily Letter After is a stunning tale that reawakens the power of belief. Bound by a connection through common tragedy, good intentions leads Sadie down a spiralling web, of unintentional lies. However, when the truth comes to light, and her true intentions revealed, not only does she find love with a spectacular man, but she forges an unbreakable bond with his daughter as well. For full review: www.marvelusreads.com.
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-review
001_FullSizeRender

A 2020 favorite!

I think this is my favorite Penelope Ward/Vi Keeland co-write to-date! So much fun with a good dose of emotions. All the stars!

Penelope and Vi weaved Sadie and Sebastian's story so well that I found myself guessing, laughing, gasping, and swooning with almost every page. This was a fantastic slow-burn and I enjoyed every page!
Keri Loves Books
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When fate takes hold...

A sweet, yet emotional romance about love after loss and a second chance at a Happily Ever After. I shed a few tears, but was left with a really big smile after this poignant romance. This author duo never fails to deliver a touching story with just the right amount of sexy. This single dad romance will make you believe in the power of fate.

Sadie works at a newspaper and during the Christmas holiday she has a feature dedicated to Christmas Wishes. She never expected a lett
Melanie (mells_view)
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute, but sorta creepy?

Happily Letter After was super duper cute, but also a bit weird considering the heroine is essentially a stalker who oversteps boundaries and constantly lies for a hot minute. Then towards the end the hero gets a little creepy and kicks dirt on boundaries. I realize this is a romcom, but some of the decisions they made were cringe. THAT being said, the sweet and cute moments outweighed the bad stuff for me. I loved Sadie, Seb, Birdie, The Duke, and all the rest of the char
Dali
I was inescapably drawn under this book’s spell.

World building: 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤
Plot: 📚📚📚📚📚
Romance: 💕💕💕💕💕
Sexiness: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Once a year, lifestyle and dating columnist Sadie Bisset also handles the wishes to Santa section. She never expected to get a letter in the middle of summer, much less feel such a strong connection with the little girl who wrote it. But fulfilling a couple of harmless wishes snowballs into a few lies and meeting the girl’s gorgeous yet closed off single fa
readingsfeelings
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm a sucker for single-dad romance. So saying that I was excited for this new standalone by this author duo would be an understatement. Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me.

From the start, I was a bit wary of the heroine's actions and borderline stalkish behaviour. She kept overstepping her boundaries before even officially meeting Sebastian and his daughter Birdie. I tried to overlook it and continue reading but alas it just got boring for me. I couldn't feel anything between Sebastian a
Auntee
Really sweet story about a widowed 36 year old restaurateur (Sebastian), his 10 year old daughter (Birdie), their Great Dane Marmaduke, and the 29 year old magazine writer (Sadie) who comes into their life.

Oh my, I really don't know where to begin to describe this story. There's a lot of zaniness and hilarity at first ( I was cracking up a time or two over Sadie) just in the way that Sadie comes into their lives and the little lies she tells to keep things going. But you root for her because she
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
The thing with telling lies is that once you tell one, the rest that follow seem to just roll off the tongue much easier. That’s how Sadie Bisset went from being a column journalist to being a german dog trainer called Gretchen Schmidt in just one afternoon. Let me explain how this all came about…

Sadie is indeed a columnist who writes stories about dating. She does a lot of research by going on dates and then writing about them. As you can imagine she has a lot of hilarious and interesting exper
Shan ~A~
I love Birdie Maxwell. Did I love Sadie and Sebastian? Yes, but Birdie stole the show.

This book had all the feels. I laughed and even cried a bit throughout. It was so heartwarming and pulled at my emotions like crazy.

I had barely started the book and knew I was in love from Birdie's first letter.

There were a lot of parallels between Sadie's life growing up and Sebastian and Birdie's lives now. That is most likely why this touched my heart so much. They had all been through a lot before findi
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description
A strange thing happened to me while I was reading Happily Letter After, by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. I almost exclusively read on my Kindle, but today was the first time in a long time, that was I thankful to be holding a physical copy of the book. Happily Letter After felt so special that I had the overwhelming need to hug the book. Is that weird that I needed to hold a paperback physically? Maybe, but this story felt like it hugged my soul.

I hit the last page, and I planed to contact Vi
Lauren
Oct 29, 2020 rated it liked it
The way I keep reading these authors books thinking eh it's something to do.

I don't think I've ever loved one of their books, I've moderately enjoyed most and hated one.

Anyhow this is on the moderately enjoyed side.

The concept of it was pretty weird, particularly the plot twist. I get that it is a fiction book and doesn't have to be realistic but still it was so out there it sort of dispelled the belief of the book at times.

Anyhow I enjoyed the single dad aspect of it and Birdie was
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

It all starts with a letter to Santa...or does it?

Sadie works for a magazine where she mainly writes dating articles, that is, until around Christmas time where she answers letters for Santa.

She gets a particular letter early and it's so cute and sweet that she can hardly not fulfill it even if it's not something she usually does. This starts an almost obsessed journey leading up to her meeting Sebastian. (It gave me a bit of a Sleepless in Seattle vibe.)

Sebastian is a widowed restaurant
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

✨ NOW AVAILABLE! ✨
Pics-Art-10-21-11-20-15

Happily Letter After filled me over the brim with so much emotion!! Once again, Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland, one of my favorite writing duos captivated me from page one, leaving me completely enamored!!

Sadie is a writer for a magazine. Her next piece will chronicle the many disastrous dates she's been on. But one day she receives a letter through the column's Holiday Grant Wishes correspondence that changes the course of her life! Sadie feels an instant connectio
maggieandteddy
I listened to the audio. I loved it. Andi Arndt and Sebastian York did a great job. Most of the chapters are narrated by Andi- Sadie's POV. She does the first 10 chapters. I loved that Sebastian played Sebastian.
At first, I thought Sadie was a little too naive and impulsive. She is actually very sweet and kind and impulsive. Sadie seemed to be pursuing Sebastian. I usually don't like it when the heroine chases the hero. This wasn't what happened, so don't worry if you have that concern as well.
Mahima
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-2k20
*****5 Fateful stars****"
WOWOWWOWO!!!
I don't know why I was having a 'Sleepless in Seattle' moment from the beginning till almost the middle. But I just love the tingles it gave me❤️❤️

I could really envision Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks as Sadie and Sebastian.
The beginning of the book was so innocent and pure. It proved to be a complete page turner!!

All the quotes mentioned here brought tears in my eyes. Such an emotional read.
⚫ I really really really LOVED the characters. All the characters are amaz
☘ Lily ☘
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly, missy
Y'all this book just snuck up on me and completely stole my heart!

It started a little slowly for me. There were some moments where I feared I wasn't going to connect with it. It's sweet, but a little slow and some of the things that happen were decidedly...zany. So if you, like me, go into this feeling a little bit skeptical? Hang in there.

Because that slow, slightly campy build-up led to something incredibly emotional, romantic, heartfelt, and oh-so-satisfying.

There was so much to love about t
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW***

4 MARMADUKE CROWNS

This was a very cute, sweet story with an interesting meet cute. I loved the overall pacing and progression of the romance as well as the heroine’s relationship with Birdie, the hero’s daughter.

While the the meet cute was unique, there is an aspect of that not only requires willing suspension of belief from the reader but also to overlook some unethical practices. Does the heroine ever truly cross the line, no, but as a parent, I would be very uncomfortable w

• Stories of September
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Fearless (The Salvation Society)
  • Uncommon Vows
  • Gold Mine (Diamond, #2)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Reckless Kiss
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Dear Enemy
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Earl Takes a Fancy (Sins for All Seasons, #5)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Reformation (The Salvation Society)
  • Becoming A Vincent (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Tagged & Ashed (Sterling Shore, #2)
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by an