Start by marking “Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven” as Want to Read:
Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven

Isaiah Decoded: Ascending the Ladder to Heaven

For the first time, a Bible scholar fully integrates the Old and New Testaments. Dr. Avraham Gileadi reveals the Book of Isaiah as the key to these two seemingly incompatible books of scripture, taking both to an unprecedented level of understanding. Hitherto unseen literary features change the rules for interpreting the prophecy of Isaiah, showing it to be an allegory of ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Hebraeus Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Isaiah Decoded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isaiah Decoded

Audrey L
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It is incredibly helpful in understanding Isaiah. The author was trained in Jerusalem in Hebrew schools before he became LDS. He has a very unique perspective because of his education. His book shows how the structure of Isaiah is like a ladder that shows you how to ascend toward God or descend toward Satan.

There are a few times in the Book of Mormon where we are told to study Isaiah. Nephi was trying to tell us about what would happen before Christ came in the last
Karen
Sep 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this book. I just picked it up to read for the second time. I am again awestruck by how illuminating this book is about the Book of Isaiah. I find the book very motivating.

As described on widipedia -- Avraham Gileadi is a Latter-day Saint Old Testament scholar specializing in the Book of Isaiah. He was born in Holland, went to Rabbinical school in Israel, then moved to the United States and converted to Mormonism. He received his doctorate in Ancient Studies and taught for so
Tammy
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Got this for Christmas from Pete. I'd looked over Gileadi's writings before but this was a perfect match for my current comprehension. I've long and consistently tried to study Isaiah because of the recommendation and quotations from almost every prophet since, including Christ himself, but found it difficult. Gileadi opens the whole book up in simple and comprehendable language. The path way to God as presented by Isaiah became clear and simple and matched with my personal journey in life. Love ...more
Kathleen
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was not written as I had anticipated. Rather than following Isaiah from chapter to chapter, it talked about the symbolism used to convey an overarching theme. I didn't feel it was very revealing or exciting but by the time I reached the end of the book, I was very clear on the message of the book. Now as I read Isaiah on my own, I can see some of the message. Interesting!!!
Deila
May 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a book to be read more than once. Each time I read it, I see new things, new light and understanding. It's a great book to understand the lows in your life. And how those humiliating difficult times can lead to a higher level. Those descents in life are tough to bear.
Brent McGregor
Jun 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very interesting insight. The four dimensional approach to understanding Isaiah and other biblical writings has helped greatly.
Carol
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. I found it fascinating and a new overlook of Isaiah and his teachings about covenants, God's purposes, and our path back to God.
Chris Condie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Way too repetitive. There were some interesting insights but not enough - nor was it written in an analytical style - that would cause me to want to read any of his other books.
Macay
Nov 10, 2010 is currently reading it
I'm only a couple of chapters in, but it is already increasing my understanding of this wonderful prophet. More later...
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why didn't I think of this before?
Keegan Bench