Start by marking “Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)” as Want to Read:
Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4)

Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid #4)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  23,253 Ratings  ·  878 Reviews
Georgina Kincaid has been a bad, bad succubus. . .

. . .which should be a good thing. But lately, thanks to her foul mood over breaking up with bestselling writer Seth Mortensen, she's been so wicked that Seattle's über-demon Jerome, decides to "outsource " Georgina to a rival—and have her spy for him in the process.

Being exiled to the frozen north—okay, Vancouver—and leavi
Published June 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Succubus Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Succubus Heat

~Poppy~
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey Rey
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
There was a lot of screaming at Georgina through the audiobook at the end of this for me. I NEED THE NEXT ONE NOW
Wendy Darling
I think I've finally figured out why I'm not that into this series. I'm a fan of both Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy and Dark Swan series, but for some reason I've had a hard time connecting with this one, and it wasn't until Book 4 that I realized what was bothering me. (Yeah, I'm a little slow on the uptake.) It's simply this: I believe in fidelity. Both emotionally and sexually.

The thing is, I'm pretty live and let live, so it doesn't really faze me if people want to live their lives in open
Ash Wednesday
02.03.14 BUDDY READ WITH TANDIE, BAILEY AND ROBIN

Have to admit, this was the book I was looking forward to the most in this re-read. And I know I could just easily go back to that scene anytime but that would mean missing out on Carter and Kayla and cheesecakes and that tortie. Oh and Hugh. I always seem to neglect to give Hugh some lovin'. I like that I got to experience this book again without the need to know what happens to Seth and Georgie IMMEDIATELY, though I have to admit the lead up to
Deborah Obida
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, romance, paranormal
“Are you crying, succubus?”
“It’s this book,” I said.

That is my favourite quote in this book,its so damn relatable cause I get so emotional and start crying when reading.I love everything about this book, I think this is my favourite in the series so far, everything was fast paced but not rushed and all my predictions about it were wrong which is a major good thing.

The writing is amazing as always, simple and easy words, no unnecessary figures of speech.
Character development is okay, I rea
Stacia (the 2010 club)
*Revision August 2012*

I'm awarding an extra half star to this book because dammit, I'm still talking about that office scene! I've read content from the mild to the taboo extreme in terms of steam level and this scene still remains one of my all time favorites of any book, any series. Why? Because it was unexpected from a character who I thought I had figured out. Man, I really loved the office scene.

Never mind that it's a Mead series, so of course I'm going to love the characters and plot. In t
Tatiana
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who easily forgive liars and cheaters
Well, it's been much less agonizing to re-read this installment than the one before. Why? Because why worry about rotten people and their love troubles? It is a bold move on the author's part to create a couple as flawed as Georgina and Seth and expect readers to continue rooting for them. Now I only enjoy this rompy series for its cast of characters, killer dialog and smut. And when I hear Seth and Georgina praising each other's virtues or proclaiming their super-special soul mate love while (v ...more
AH
If you are Canadian, you will most likely enjoy some of the cultural references in this book. We Canadians are very proud of some of our institutions: Hockey Night in Canada, our politeness, and Tim Horton’s. What is Tim Horton’s? It’s a place to go and get your double double early in the morning on the way to take your kids to hockey practice. What’s a double double? A coffee with 2 creams and 2 sugars. No venti lattes there. And they do make yummy Timbits. That’s donut holes to the rest of the ...more
Kat Kennedy
Apr 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is well written and heart breakingly sad. I don't like Georgina Kincaid's choices and decisions in a lot of instances. She clearly lacks some serious impulse control.

On the otherhand, after reading seventeen books of Anita Blake being "forced" to be a whore by magic and other such things, and after all the other fiction I've read where women are "forced" to do the exact same things that Georgina does, I kind of really respect Richelle Mead. She doesn't take the easy way out.

If she wa
Leah
Christy LoveOfBooks

Ugh. Yup, Richelle Mead is trying to kill me with what she puts Georgina through. Even though my logical self says to calm the hell down, that Georgina will get her HEA, my freaked out emotional self wants to burn shit down. But I swear, I’m loving every minute of it!

I adore Georgina so much. She not only continues to be a great heroine, she keeps getting better and better. Even when she gets in her bitchy funks, she stays true with the wit and sarcasm she does so well.

The mystery is fantastic.
Kim
These books only get better, how is this even possible? I want to give it 6 stars.

You wouldn't believe how many somersaults and plunges my stomach made while I was reading this, so many highs and lows, I can only compare it to a roller coaster. Please give me more Richelle.

I'm too caught up in my thoughts because of what happened to come up with a decent review, I have a lot on my mind right now.

I think I'll leave you with two things:

If you haven't heard the cover Placebo made of Running Up That
Anna
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic, folklore
Don't read this book if you are in a bad mood... Richelle Mead's so live description, will make you cry for Georgina, her wishes, her dreams, her life, all vanished, like a feather in the wind (is that expression valid in english? - Never mind... a book that will bring you tears......
Jane
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Oh shut up about seth already. Would have been a good book, except for the pages and pages of "woe is me".
☕ Kimberly
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The feels I got while listening to Succubus Heat

Hopeless:  Georgina is angry, filled with self-loathing and trying to lose herself and escape the pain. In fact, she has pissed off Jerome (her Demon ruler) with all her antics. I feel for her and its breaking my heart. She is heartbroken and lashing out with a “never care” attitude. I know Seth loves her, but I am so angry. Seeing Seth and working at the bookstore with his super nice, chipper girlfriend Maddie would suck the life out of anyone.
Marga
*unavoidable spoilers from previous books and a lot of random thoughts*

"The unfortunate part about being a good liar, however, was that while I could get other people to believe my words, I didn’t believe them myself."

The third book in this series broke my heart. I think Seth's purpose was to really saved Georgina that time though it wasn't really good for the feelings of the readers.

Well, the fourth book was another thing. It was heartbreakingly sad and thoroughly disappointing.

I totally be
Gisela
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 emotional fangirl stars!

Once again I found myself completely wrapped up in Georgina's life. The book was thoroughly entertaining and despite it involving the supernatural, much of what happens in her life is pretty mundane. But I love her dearly. I think the narrator is amazing too. She just IS Georgina to me. I have a feeling the books are building up to something big. That ending had me my heart breaking so much so that I need to start the next book now.

As much as I love a certain love i
Regina
What is it about the way Richelle Mead writes, that she is able to perfectly capture the pain of a romantic break-up? She somehow is able to make me relive the pain of feeling cut-off from a loved one, abandoned and dejected – it ain’t good! Thank goodness there is an interesting story woven in through this pain. Fans of Mead and Georgina, if you have stuck through this series for the first three books, you will want to read Succubus Heat. There is a payoff to the series and it is done quite wel ...more
Lina
I don't care about this relationship.

I enjoy Georgina as a character overall and the secondary characters are highly entertaining. The story is engrossing, even when you're rolling your eyes and sighing at the fact that Georgina doesn't seem to understand things the way she should.

But for the love of Hera I don't care about Seth, Seth and Maddie or Seth and Georgina.

Not to mention I can't feel any sympathy for anyone. Seth and Georgina broke up for bullshit, they didn't get together because of
~Tina~
As much as I adore these characters, there not ones that I can say I'm very proud of. They lie, they cheat and nine out of ten they are selfish and are out for there own gain. And yet, I wouldn't have any of them any other way.
That, is really saying something.

In short, I loved this book, and I was so happy to see Roman again and so happy things worked out.
But on to the main focus of this book. Seth. Georgina. Hell Yeah!!
I loved every single moment there were together. I want so much for these t
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of adult urban-fantasy
Succubus Heat was hot! This one is by far the best book in the whole series.

This is how I imagine Seth and Georgina. I know they should be older but I don't care.

[image error]
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I started this one right after Succubus Dreams because I just had to know how things were going to turn out with Georgina and Seth. Some time has passed and Seth is still with Maddie and it hurts my heart every time I see them together. You can tell the Georgina is in just the state of depression and anger and she's really started to make Jerome pretty mad. She is sent to Canada to look into this group and also to spy on another demon for Jerome because he wants her out of his hair because he e ...more
Jess
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express my love for Richelle Mead. What an amazing author. I have read all of her books but 1, and love every single one of them. She is without a doubt my favourite author.

*****************SPOILERS**********************
Book 4 in the series continues to follow the story of Georgina Kincaid, resident succubus of Seattle. Weird things start happening in Canada, beginning with the misbehavings of a satanic cult. A demonic turf war ensures and the archdemon of Seattle, Jerome, then sudd
Tessy Nightblood Ijachi
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Despite how much I like this book, am going to admit that Georgina really annoyed me very very much, I felt like punching her almost throughout the book cause of the poor decisions she made I mean for someone who has lived for like a millennia I was expecting her to be wiser

I don't even know who annoyed me more Seth or Georgina I think both of them acted pretty immature (view spoiler)

Now that I've gotten that out of the
Lisa
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
YAY - Seth finally channeled his inner O'Neill, at last! But at what cost? Oh man...

Succubus Heat is another fast page turner with a big dose of immortal intrigue, and best of all...lots of heat! Mead is so good at showing all the shades of gray, muddying up morals, ethics - there's no clear-cut right and wrong, good and bad. Her evil characters have touches of good in them, some more than others while the good characters (angels and humans with glowing souls) have flaws, some fall from grace -
Pamela
May 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Ah, more delicious Richelle Mead writing. I freaking love this series. We pick up a few months after the end of Succubus Dreams, with Georgina still pretty damn pissed off and depressed about Seth’s asshole behavior. But luckily (or unluckily), she gets embroiled in a hellish political showdown between her boss, Jerome (or He-Who-Looks-Strangely-Like-John-Cusack), and the archdemon of Vancouver. When Jerome goes missing–and when Georgina and her fellow Seattlite supernatural beings find themselv ...more
Sara Williams
SOOOO MUCH SEXUAL ANGST.
There's definitely a lot of personal development coming from our characters - I personally love how Georgina has grown, and how she makes bad decisions, again and again, and you shouldn't judge her for it. She is her own being and a flawed character. Not many can write that way.
This wasn't a 5 star review as usual for Mead's books, for the sole reason that the fantasy elements are turning out to be awfully confusing. I am in love with this series for the characters themse
 ~V~
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this one!!..Definitely my favorite so far!!..I would say to anyone who jumped off of this bandwagon earlier on in the series to JUMP BACK ON!!..i don't want to give anything away because so much stuff happens in this book..but i will say that had my friends NOT pushed me to "keep reading!!" i might have given up earlier!! So to all those GRs friends of mine...you all know who you are!! ;)...THANK YOU!! These have been so much fun to read!! :)
SummerReader
May 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Robyn
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
This one had an intriguing plot but a couple of elements bothered me - but still, I can tell we're building up to something very interesting.
Book series 1 7 Aug 09, 2015 01:16AM
pages? 3 44 Apr 20, 2012 11:23PM
Georgina Kincaid ...: the 4th book 1 15 Dec 03, 2011 07:49AM
issue date 1 20 May 28, 2009 05:15AM
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • My Fair Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #3)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead

Georgina Kincaid (6 books)
  • Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1)
  • Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2)
  • Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3)
  • Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5)
  • Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • Circe
    $13.99 $4.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“I don't care," said Seth. "I would have done it. I would have sold my soul for you. You and me...I told you. Something's always going to keep us near each other...even if we aren't together.” 174 likes
“How come when mortals want things, their only option is to make a deal with Hell and sell their soul? Why can’t they make deals with God in exchange for good behavior?"

It was another of those rare moments when I’d surprised Carter. I waited for the glib answer I’d mentioned to Seth, something along the lines of goodness being its own reward. The angel considered for several seconds. "Humans make those deals all the time," he said finally. "They just don’t make them with God."

"Then who are they making them with?" I exclaimed.

"Themselves.”