Start by marking “Roman (Demon Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
Roman (Demon Rising, #1)

Roman

(Demon Rising #1)

I belong to a Demon Lord. His name is Roman. Hes tall, strong, has long dark hair, a deep sexy voice and, let me tell you, absolutely f-ing gorgeous. Yep. I even wear his ring. Third finger, left hand.

Except itss not a wedding band. Far from it, actually. It simply means Im his submissive.

Well it doesnt really mean that either, although I wish it did.

No. The rings
Published February 19th 2020 by Painted Hearts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Roman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roman

Start your review of Roman (Demon Rising, #1)
Joyfully Jay
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

2 stars

Roman basically felt like a train wreck. The book had an interesting enough premise, but the execution was poor and, honestly, it took far more effort than it was worth to finish it. I can normally read a book in a matter of hours, but Roman took weeks. It was slow, inelegantly written, and excessively confusing, and I was struggling from the very start.

Micah should be a sympathetic character, given that hes dragged into a demonic pissing contest against his will.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
3/3.5 stars for me.

I really enjoyed the overall concept. I loved the twists and turns the story took. It was a bit hard to read at times and the characters were a little off for me with there reactions and such. In the beginning it was hard to get into with so much dumped at you and the jumping back and forth in time but overall it was good.
Cheryl
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: acr
Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review.  Black sands was favorable spot for ghost stories, Micah just loved the quite that the place provide. NO worries of others venturing to close when all he craved was solitude, that was until an old man past on a gift that wasn't very nifty. Meeting the crazied woman Cathy that claims demons was running lose in the world giving him a ring to go with his new found gift, yeah not fun. Roman was going  to be his new demon Lord ...more
Qin
Feb 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNFd at 25% in gross outrage at the execution of what could perhaps have been a decent plot line in the hands of a competent writer. For this is the kind of book penned by an author who could not even be bothered to spellcheck the name of the leads ('Roman' thus becomes a few times 'Rogan'!) and who routinely butchers syntax, punctuation and style in their nursery-type narrative and dialogue (here is the incipit: ""it wasnt the biggest or best park in the city, but it was close, and it had the ...more
C Kind
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Not quite there

The concept is definitely interesting and explores some creative ideas around demons and hell - I don't think I've read anything quite like it. However, I found the actual writing and story development to be a tad clumsy. Descriptions and dialog often felt stilted and overly expository.
The insta-love was also irritating to me. It took all of 4 days of acquaintance for the L-word to pop up. I know some readers don't mind, but to me it makes the romance extremely flat.
I also found
Tina Sharp
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this

I really liked this book. Loved Micah and how he got mixed up with the demons. Curious as to why they become so attracted to him and wonder if there is something special about him that will be explained in another book. Loved Roman, Cathy was a bitch I enjoyed hating in the end. There was action and suspence, a twist that I was not expecting, and a HEA ending. Curious to were this series is going next and eagerly await the next book.
nowyat
rated it did not like it
Jordan
Traci Fisher
Mar 09, 2020
Alanna Rehnblom
Mar 10, 2020

• How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Rogue (Bay Harbor Wolves #1)
  • Their Blood (Blood #2)
  • Shadow Walker (Bay City Coven #1)
  • Love at First Bite (Omega Destiny, International #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • More Than Life
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Big Bad (Big Bad Wolves #2)
  • Witchblood (Kitsune Chronicles, #1)
  • Prodigal (Lost and Found #1)
  • Runaway Omega (The Wolves of Rocky Ridge #1)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Saving Choice (Choose Your Fate #2)
  • Diagnosis: Death (Paul Monroe Mystery, #2)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
Hi, my name is Hurri Cosmo and I am a happy ending junkie. I always have been. You can be pretty rest assured everything I write will have one. I am not big on angst. I believe we get enough of that in real life so when I go to read something, to make the real world go away for awhile, I will most likely not chose something that will make me cry. So I write for those people who, at least ...more

News & Interviews