Start by marking “Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend

Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend

Hi, Im Jordyn. I flew from New York to Culver City, CA to interview for the job of a lifetime.

When I walked into The Bookstore, I only wanted a steamy romance or two to help pass the time before my big meeting.

I walked out with a gorgeous and sweet, cinnamon roll who was more funny and charming than all of my favorite book boyfriends combined, which definitely wasnt the
Published February 23rd 2020 by Lucy Eden

To ask other readers questions about Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend

Start your review of Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 13: Mar 22 28 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Bree Hill
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, quick novella that feels like an ode to romance novels and the romance loving culture. Two people find each other in a romance bookstore, spend the day together and find themselves unable to imagine life without each other. So good!
Veronika
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Začalo to tak sľubne. Ale asi až pridobre, lebo nájsť chlapa v kníhkupectve, ktoré predáva výhradne romance. Aj on číta romance. Kde takého nájdem? Kde? Prežijú krásny deň, a potom buch! To čo bolo? Prečo? Čo za alfa samca sa z neho vykľulo? A epilóg bol dlhý asi ako tretina knihy. Nie, nie, nie. Škoda, a pritom to začalo tak dobre. Možno až pridobre 🤷
Sharonda Isadora
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jordyn and Mike (Micah) meet at a romance bookstore while she's in CA for a job interview. They instantly click and decide to spend the day together with Mike showing Jordyn around Culver City, CA.

The more time they spend with each other, both Jordyn and Mike start to realize that those little nudging feelings of "oh, I like this person" becomes something more. Oh, but Ms. Eden throws a bit of a twist into this tale of a blind date and a book boyfriend. What will they do?

Okay, this was a
Victoria Weston
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a quick romantic read and I really enjoyed reading it. I do love reading these short romance books.

I loved the characters and I thought they were adorable.

Jordyn went to have a job interview in New York city. She wanted to try and break away from her very over protective parents. She had an interview set up for her dream job, that was until fate stepped in and changed her life.

Mike is a lovely, hot and sexy guy and is very charming with his words, he's also the CEO of the company,
Monique
This started off great and was a really fun read until about 75% of the story...then it just rushed to yet another predictable ending. (view spoiler) Sigh.
Note that on a Kindle, 'Blind Date' ends at @ 71%, followed by the first chapters of three other books: 'Everything's Better With Lisa', 'Everything's Better With Kimberly', and 'Cherishing the Goddess', PLUS, synopses for three other books. REALLY???
kittykat
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

A cute and fluffy love letter to romance books and their authors, with a number of them lovingly mentioned/discussed. It would have been a 4 star but for the definite insta-love side of things, which as it was so cute I'll forgive it on this occasion, but also yet another (1%er) potential boss/employee situation which I have to 🙄 and not forgive.

A few general thoughts on the romance genre:

It seems there's a growing trend in having MMCS in romance undergoing more 'feminine' pursuits
Jodie Slaughter
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There were things about this book that drew me in right away. The title, the premise, the awesome cover. But all of those things were nothing compared to the way Lucy Eden snatched up my attention with the first page.

Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend follows Jordyn and Mike who have an instantaneous spark after meeting in a romance book store. Jordyn is in LA for an important job interview and Mike is oh-so-charming as he shows her around the neighborhood theyre in. This is definitely a quit
Aitza
This ARC was given to me by the author for an honest and fair review. All opinions are my own

𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚: 4/5 STARS

𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦: Mike

𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗦: N/A

𝗙𝗔𝗩𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗔𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗦: Im on a women in tech kick and this falls right into that category . Jordyn, our heroine, has killer coding skills in Python and Ruby. She flies to California for a final round job interview and decides to pop into a romance book store. Of course while shes there the meets the most gorgeous man, Mike,
Cat C
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked from the first page

The perfect novella for romance lovers. If you read the first two sentences and you knew exactly what book is being referenced, you will adore this book. If you don't recognize it, don't worry, the answer comes soon enough and the author put a link in the appendix. Plus you will still love this book because it's got a hot romance novel reading hero and snappy dialogue and a whirlwind meet cute first date instant connection and a big gooey HEA. I don't just highly
Kim | readmorethings
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
So sweet. Like brain freeze sweet, but in a good way. If you need a little shot of easy, breezy happiness, pick up this novella. Jordyn and Mike have sweet chemistry and great banter. If you are a LA native, youll extra enjoy the tour through Culver City. ...more
Carolina
Shelves: 4-star-books, owned
Linda Watson
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aoc, contemporary, novella
A fun novella that brings together two people in the backdrop of Culver City and includes The Ripped Bodice and mentions several of my favorite romance novels.

Jordyn and Mike were a great couple!
Leigh Kramer
This cute novella had me smiling from the first paragraph! Its basically an ode to The Ripped Bodice and Culver City, which made me want to visit even more than I already did.

The premise is basically one of my lifes dreams: meeting and then falling for a cute single guy at a bookstore. In this case, Mike is a man who reads romance and he really knows his stuff. Jordyns in town for a job interview and so she has no real reason to say no to the invitation to lunch which is followed by another
Kate (kate_reads_)
Lucy Eden is officially my go to author when Im in a reading slump. After picking up and putting down many books because they werent working - I decided to try this newest novella from a fave. And from the very first sentences referencing another one of my favorite romance novels, I was all in.

This story was so good. I am 100% in for all the cinnamon roll heroes who read romance novels. My only wish is that this book was a couple hundred pages longer. Im not ready to be finished yet. Guess Ill
Precious Estêvão
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So sweet, no alpha nonsense in site just honest to goodness cinnamon role action. Wholesome romance page turner . Mike and Jordan are the perfect modern couple who dealt with real world issues, with a little help from our romance favorite romance novels. Just delicious ;-) more smut would not hurt however I love that Mike took consent seriously which made Jordan and I want him even more. I girl loves good manners.
Toni
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Those lucky enough to attend Lucy Edens signing at the Ripped Bodice come away with an extra goodie in the form of Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend. A perfect escape that will keep you turning pages. Bonus: Eden includes a complete booklist at the end, just in case you find yourself in need of inspiration. ...more
Izzy
This is a great novella. It's a quick ready with enough tongue in cheek references to a TON of great romance books. Great characters and really masters the beats of a novella. If you are at all interested check it out!
Lattes_n_literature
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A book boyfriend? Yes please!

Omg.. I loved it. If youre looking for a quick fun read, then read this. Lucy never disappoints. It was funny, super sweet, and deliciously sexy. This was everything I love and come to expect in a Lucy Eden book
Kay Blake
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from Lucy Eden and I enjoyed it. Super fun, great banter and I loved the dynamic between Jordyn and Micah. Also bonus points for mentioning a few of my fave romance novels. I received this book and volunteered to leave a review.
Ali Dunn
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was super short & super adorable. I loved these two characters & their quick but sweet romance story. The way they meet and how they fall for each other made my heart so happy. This is definetely worth the read if youre in the mood for a quick and fun romance read. ...more
Tony
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-list
Such an adorably cute romance!
LeNita V.
I'm usually not a huge fan of novellas but this was really cute and we'll written. 4.5
Kristen
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nah.... not for me. Too short, not bookish enough and call me old but I think Im done with sex scenes. At least right now ...more
Sarah W.
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute and lots of inside jokes for romance readers.
Michelle
Mar 15, 2020
Kristin
Feb 25, 2020

• Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Kissing Kendall (Gone Wild #1)
  • Layover
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • The Write Escape
  • Sweet Perfection: A Miller Sisters Novelette
  • Love Effects (The Miller Sisters #1)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Stealing Her
  • Long Road Home
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol #1)
  • Falling Again
  • If We Were Young
  • Prince Pucking Charming
  • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
Lucy Eden is the nom de plume of an romance obsessed author who writes the kind of romance she loves to read. Shes a sucker for alphas with a soft gooey center, over the top romantic gestures, strong & smart MCs, humor, love at first sight (or pretty damn close), happily ever afters & of course, steamy love scenes.

When Lucy isnt writing, shes busy readingor listening toevery book she can