Start by marking “Gleeman's Tales (The Gleeman's Tales Duology #1)” as Want to Read:
Gleeman's Tales (The Gleeman's Tales Duology #1)

Gleeman's Tales

(The Gleeman's Tales Duology #1)

Gnochi Gleeman is not like other entertainers. Because of his expansive knowledge of pre-apocalyptic Earth, the stories he tells are valued well beyond the flashes of an illuminator, or the spheres of a juggler. Gnochi spent the first decade of his career telling stories while traveling between taverns, inns, and any hole-in-the-wall which would feed him.

Cleo, a young teen
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 411 pages
Published June 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Gleeman's Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gleeman's Tales

Start your review of Gleeman's Tales (The Gleeman's Tales Duology #1)
AnnaScott
This was a fascinating book. I almost didn't accept the review request based on the quantity of books already on my to-read list, but the author wrote me such a nice message I had to accept it. And I wasn't disappointed.

Let's start with the genre. It's listed as urban fantasy and post-apocalyptic, and I wasn't sure what to expect. So imagine a world where our world is so old that and all of the history and cultural phenomena that we take for granted is forgotten except by a select few. Now take
Courtney Lake
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

This is such a fun book! This is a unique amalgamation of fantasy/alternate history/post apocalyptical/intrigue/adventure that never stops.

There's a hint to mutations all throughout the first part of the book, references to "Echoers" but you don't really see much of it until the second half. But then it is revealed that the part of the world the story is set in has spent a lot of effort murdering all of them they can find.

Fans of The Witch
Gina R Mitchell
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gleeman’s Tales by Matthew Travagline is book one of the Gleeman’s Duology. Remember this vital fact.

Mr. Travagline displays his superior skills in penning this story. He builds a post-apocalyptic world with intricate detail. Gnocchi Gleeman tells the story of how this world came to be through his many bard’s tales. You would expect to be confused by stories within stories, but it all makes exquisite sense.

Cleo endears herself to the reader by showing glimpses of the young girl while pretending
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
The Gleeman weaves a captivating tale. Gnochi isn't your typical gleeman, and this story isn't your typical post-apocalyptic tale. The world unfolded slowly but at the perfect pace for the reader to absorb each new detail and character as they arrived. I loved the "mini stories" that Gnochi tells of the previous world (one similar to our own). Full of adventure and characters that you'll love or love to hate, this book is a must-read for anyone craving a different kind of post-apocalyptic story. ...more
Honestly  Austen
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
We find ourselves in a world vastly different than the one we currently inhabit whose lost age is a slightly altered version of our current world. Through the eyes of a multitude of characters but especially through the stories of Gnochi Gleeman, and Travagline's amazing stories within a story writing, the characters and we the reader are provided with insights that have an important bearing on their present and future.

I was completely drawn into Travagline's ability to weave fact and fiction wi
Nicholas Adams
Nov 19, 2020 rated it liked it
When everything's been forgotten, those who remember are vital.

What I liked:
The world-building is fantastic.

What I didn't like:
The first time Gnochi "told a story" I was pulled out of the book. I expected to hear the Gleeman's tales from the POV of the audience, but it was like someone literally inserted a chapter from another book which (at the time) seemed unrelated to the post-apocalyptic storyteller's world.

Overall:
I gave Gleeman's Tales by Matthew Travagline for world-building and imagi
Matthew
Feb 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
If you have any questions, feel free to use the Goodreads 'ask a question' feature, and I will respond to the best of my ability. Don't worry, I won't give anything away if it would spoil the duology's end.

You can also find me across other social platforms, including my website.

Thank you for your time, and happy reading!

Matt

Cynthia Fry
Deborah Hughes
Amy
Oct 15, 2020

• Preternatural (Preternatural Trilogy #1)
  • Fated Kiss (Cat's Paw Cove #11)
  • A Little Bit Wicked (The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside, #1)
  • The Faerie Princess
  • Miss Nude Canada's Shoes (And Other Fiascos) - A Memoir (Act I * Greenhorn)
  • The Traitor's Jewel (Love and War Book 1)
  • In a Pickle
  • Your Hospitality Personality: How to Confidently Create Connection and Community
  • Embracing the Outcast (Crowns Legacy #2)
  • Adventure by Chicken Bus
  • Midnight's Reckoning: A Vampire Werewolf Paranormal Romance (The Cynn Cruors Bloodline Book 10)
  • And Cannot Come Again: Tales of Childhood, Regret, and Innocence Lost
  • The Cousins
  • Ivan the Giant
  • SYN Consulting (Dragon War Chronicles #1)
  • The Affliction of Praha
  • Naptown Blues: Book One of the Gad Rambler Trilogy
  • Awakened by Him

The Gleeman's Tales Duology (2 books)
  • The Harbinger of Change (The Gleeman's Tales Duology #2)

News & Interviews