Start by marking “The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat (Lost Southern Magic #2)” as Want to Read:
The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat (Lost Southern Magic #2)

The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat

(Lost Southern Magic #2)

The town of Magnolia Cove has lost its magic. It's up to Pepper Reign to reclaim it.

When Blake Calhoun sets out to steal the heart fire, the object that makes the town of Magnolia Cove, Alabama, magical, his plan backfires. The heart isn't stolen, instead it breaks into four pieces and scatters across the state. Now, newly married Pepper and Axel Reign must work to track d
Published March 22nd 2020 by LADYBUGBOOKS LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat

Start your review of The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat (Lost Southern Magic #2)
Mike Lewis
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
entertaining paranormal cozy mystery series

This is an entertaining paranormal cozy mystery series spinoff side series. iPhone cast of characters in an entertaining storyline. Pepper rain and her husband axle and your grandmother Betty Creppel are all off to find pieces of the heart fire. Which was shattered into four pieces when an evil vampire tried to steal the heart fire from their magical town. They must recover the four pieces of the heart fire before the vampire does enter town disappears.
Lisa
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun tie together between series. The perspective changes can be a little jarring but ultimately are well handled by the beginning of each chapter clearly stating the character it is from. One of my preferred authors for light, fun cozy paranormal mysteries. Even somewhat dark subject matter is handled in a way that you don't feel overwhelmed by negativity. I laugh and smile frequently through all of these but the action is still enough to keep me interested in reading straight through. An auth ...more
Angela Griffin
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even more intensity!

Pepper, Axel, and Grandma Betty are now chasing the heart fire to Witch's Forge in book two of Lost Southern Magic. After a rocky start they team up with Charming (and she is!), Thorne, and her family to solve a local mystery and foil arch-villain Blake Calhoun. I love these families- it figures that Betty would be friends with Aunt Rose- and the new addition to Magnolia Cove is welcome! The mystery isn't that consuming; however, the intrigue Betty's got going on, combined wi
Jana Gundy
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

It’s a great idea that the author had to combine all of her series into one for a magical time! Pepper and Axel meet Charming and Thorne and lets just say that it doesn’t go so well. Everyone finally settles their grudges and get down to finding another piece of the stone. The carnival is in town and a sinister ring master is the one who must be defeated this time.
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent second in the series!

Oh my wow! I wasn’t sure if the second book would be on par with the others. I honestly was afraid it would be a repeat of the first just different characters- but - no! I should never had doubted Amy Boyle’s talent and creativity! This book will hold answers to many questions and a definite surprise or two!
Kimberly Davis
Feb 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The witch and the vampire

This book by Amy Boyles was Amazing. I couldn't put it down. Pepper and Axel have found another piece of the heart. Can they teamed with Charming and her family be able to secure it before Blake gets it? We learn more about Betty's past that includes Blake. I loved reading this.
Heather Durham
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Vampires,Witches and Werewolves oh my!

Amy Boyles had done it again. I love the Lost Southern Magic Series. This series gets better with each book. I love that the characters from other series are coming together in this series. I can’t wait till book three comes out.
Cheryl
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the cross-over books!

I am definitely enjoying these cross-over books! Seeing how different characters interact with one another is really fantastic! I especially enjoyed this one with Axel meeting Thorne.
Shelly Roberts
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another piece of heart captured

As they search for the missing heart part I was pulled farther into wanting to interact and know the characters better. So glad this isn't the end of the story.
Katie Murphy
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Book 2

One thing I really love about the author Amy Boyles is how describes smells. Scent memory imprint farther into the heart than any other.
I enjoy her characters and the relationships between them.
Ann Marie Augustino
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Blake is going down

Sadness and loneliness can make people do strange things, vampires and werewolves together is testosterone over.laid. Also Blake has messed with the wrong skirt, I do not need to be a fortunate more to Dee his outcome
Margaret SimpSon
Pepper, Axel, Charming, and Thorne Meet

I loved this book. I was really glad that the 4 of them met and eventually got along. I was surprised to see that Betty knew Blake Calhoun and they were more than friends and Blake hurt Betty.
I recommend this book highly.
Connie Stewart
Sep 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Another great read.

I couldn't put it down. I hope there will be more books with this crossover. I loved the fun friendship between Betty and Rose. Also liked that we got to see a different side of Betty in this book and a glimpse of Betty's past.
Fran Calhoun
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's fun when my favorite characters cross paths

This was a great combo of characters. They worked well together and complemented each other. I'm looking forward to the next one.
JANE VAN HORN
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boyles-amy
Excellent

This is the 2nd book in a 4 book series by Amy Boyles. Each book had a lot of action and interactions with people from other series. Can't wait for the next one
kathy may
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

A nice sequel. The series is fun. The author is a good story weaver . I am looking forward to the next.
Janet Epperson
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another adventure for Pepper & Axel as they go in search of the heart. Making new friends who I am sure will all help out in a final battle with Blake Calhoun.
Lisa Kimbrell
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m soooooo in love with this series!!! I love getting to mash up all the different characters from all the series that I adore!!! I need more!!!
Krista Walsh
Great crossover!
Virginia Ursenbach
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I enjoyed this book. It is paranormal, but not so much as to be weird. I think anyone reading it will enjoy it.
Lauren
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun book!

Enjoyed it! Lots of things are going on with the carnival in town! Find out if another piece of the heart is found!
Amy
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tangled up!

I am loving these tangled up stories!
Everyone visiting with everyone is a breath of fresh air.
If you can't do it in real life, then at least you can read about it!
Brenda Ellis
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The carnival came to town.

These just keep getting better and better. Vampires, werewolf, witches, and wizards all fighting for the power that fuels Magnolia Cove.
Kath
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun easy read with likable characters and a strong plot.
chreamine henry
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I give it 5 stars.a nice cozy read. The characters are just like old friends.
can't wait to read the next installment.

Bethany
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ok, names aside, I loved this story. Charming is actually, quite Charming. I'll have to look into some more stories.

Betty Crapple has a past. And Blake Calhoun can go roast in a pit.
Stephanie
Jul 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

In this story you meet more characters that I think are also going to play a role in the big final battle
Sheri Jesse
Jun 27, 2022 rated it really liked it
Great to see Pepper, Axel, and Betty join Thorne and Charming to look for the heart.
Eileen Gernet
Jul 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

This series is all about the characters. You meet the most interesting characters in each and every book in this series.

• Freaky Seas (Mystic Caravan, #10)
  • Magic & Misdeeds (Starry Hollow Witches #11)
  • Seven Year Witch (Western Woods Mystery #7)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • The Killer Clown Calamity (Charlie Rhodes #7)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches, #5)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry #7)
  • Ice Cream Floater (An Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 2)
  • Six Ways to Spellday (Western Woods #6)
  • Sassy Witch (Beechwood Harbor Magic Mystery #9)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)
  • A Cold Case In Spell (Ice Witch Mysteries #1)
  • Over the Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #9)
  • Home Familiar Home (Accidental Familiar, #4)
  • A Clean Sweep (Wicked Witches of Coventry #4)
  • Boot Scootin' Boogeyman (Hannah Hickok #3)
  • Bonbons and Broomsticks (Pacific Cove Mystery #4)
  • Monsters Under The Magnolia (Witch Hazel Lane Mysteries Book 3)
Hey, I’m Amy,
I write books for folks who crave laugh-out-loud paranormal mysteries. I help bring humor into readers’ lives. I’ve got a Pharm D in pharmacy, a BA in Creative Writing and a Masters in Life.
And when I’m not writing or chasing around two small children (one of which is four going on thirteen), I can be found antique shopping for a great deal, getting my roots touched up (because that’s

Lost Southern Magic (4 books)
  • The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus (Lost Southern Magic #1)
  • A Mess of Sirens (Lost Southern Magic # 3)
  • Knee-High to a Thief (Lost Southern Magic #4)

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...