Start by marking “Highball and Chain: A Mafia Romantic Comedy (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Highball and Chain: A Mafia Romantic Comedy

(Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club #2)

Kindle Edition
Published March 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Highball and Chain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highball and Chain

Start your review of Highball and Chain: A Mafia Romantic Comedy (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club Book 2)
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=====================
Enzo asked me to dinner, but he’d canceled and ghosted me like a bad Tinder hook-up. A few days later, I’d caught him with an Italian super-model type.

“Like I told Dahlia. I’m a grown woman. I can sleep beside you without accidentally rolling over and impaling myself on your penis.”
Carolyn
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Bourbon Street Bad Boys Club and it is a fantastic one. I must admit I didn’t read the first book but had no problems when reading this one. It features Enzo and Shanna. After an exciting PI job Shanna ends up in Sicily for her bff, Maggie’s wedding to Enzo’s big brother, Gabe. Thing are running hot and cold for these two when there is an attempt on their life while sightseeing and then on Shanna’s life outside the wedding. Enzo escorts Shanna and the other attenda ...more
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Enzo Marchionni is the hottest chef in New Orleans, the middle child in a mafia family. Shanna Isaac is a private investigator, mostly dealing with cases involving getting evidence against cheating spouses. She also has a horrible track record with men, and Enzo is among the “ones that got away” when he ghosted her.

When Shanna’s best friend asks her to be maid of honor at her wedding, she agrees, despite the fact that it means she will have to spend time around the man who dumped her. But when
sherri jones-teachout
Will Shanna get a second chance with the guy who “ghosted” her months ago? Shanna and Enzo met at a party, were slightly tipsy and had an awesome makeout session. When Enzo agreed to call her for a date, she never heard from him and weeks later saw him with a model. Now her best friend is marrying Enzo’s older brother and during the pre-wedding and wedding she has to be around him. But then she is shot at while in Italy, her apartment back home in New Orleans is deliberately burned down, and a m ...more
Margaret
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story has it all, romance, mystery, intrigue, mafia retaliation, and of course a HEA. Shanna and Enzo have chemistry but they have to overcome his family's mafia connections and sort out who is out to get Shanna. The Marchionni family think that no one knows their secrets and they are finding that getting out of the Mafia is not as easy as they thought. I can't wait to read the next book and find out what Marco and Niko are up to. ...more
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Kathryn M. Hearst; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Heather W
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highball and Chain is the second book in the Bourbon Street Bad Boys Club series and is a great mafia romance.

The characters are intelligent, well developed, and have a history together. The storyline is well written and kept my interest from start to finish, with the Mafiosi, a meddling mom, family, friendship, corruption, danger, suspense, and a second chance for romance.

I cannot wait for the next book in this series!
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Lisa H
All kinds of sassy.

I was immediately sucked into this book. Funny, sassy, a hint of sabotage.
Shanna is a PI. She and Enzo, a chef (it’s yes, chef, not sir) connected until he ghosted on her and she caught him with a OW. He does flings. She’s not a fling thing.
And who poisoned the soup?

Does Enzo deserve a second chance?
Cuz he’s got another woman drama going on as well.

I liked Shanna. She’s got her S together. Enzo not so much.
Recommend.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
This set of books was intensely wonderful. It was an amazing set. I cannot express just how much I loved these. What a very intense story that will have you hooked from the very beginning of this story. This is a must read!!

Ashleigh
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
I'm not going to go into detail, no spoilers just read the book if you are even mildly intrigued by the blurb. You'll thank me later!

The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting. Add in drama and passion and you have a good read.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
A. L.
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this book has an edgy feel to it and some level of suspense it is at its core a rom com book, it is funny and lighthearted for a mafia book. I really enjoyed the lightness of it and can't wait for more.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Rose Mcclain
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spectacular :)
I read this & loved it:) I like how the chapters gave both her point of view & his. You don't see that often in books. The suspense had a good build up & it worked out nicely at the end. This book is very well worth reading:) I strongly recommend it.

Cheryl Drake johnson
Shoshanna is an PI in training and she has just gotten some serious info on the Mayor but she doesn't realize how serious her situation has become because her best friend is having the wedding dinner party at the Marchionni Restaurant since she is the maid of honor she has to be there. But there is someone has poisoned the soup Enzo does everything he can to protect the family and friends at the restaurant. The next couple of days they were flying out to Italy for a wedding she is not anxious to ...more
Michelle Fortune
This book immediately brings you back with the Marchionni family and it does not disappoint. The vivid imagery brings you to Sicily and back to New Orleans. The action is fantastic and makes you feel like you are really there. I cannot wait to see where the next book is going to bring us in this saga.

Geraldine Streit
The storyline is good but my problem is coming from the characters. Shanna is too “in your face” for me and Enzo is just going for hot and cold way too much

Kimberly
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good romantic suspense read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable, entertaining, action, and romantic suspense read.

Kathy Mccalmon
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in this series. You do not have to read the others but is better if you did. This is a mob romance the story line has Drama suspense mystery and danger.

Elvira
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome read that had me turning the pages. The characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline has an even and smooth flow to it.

Tricia
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You really do need to read these books in order, in my opinion, to get the most from the stories and as this is the 2nd book bear that in mind before downloading this one. This is a well-written story with suspense, danger and drama wrapped up in an intense mob romance.
Pat
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The great character and plot development made this book a real page turner and very enjoyable read!
Tessa Dillon
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🔥

Great books as always the right combo of romance and action. I love how she takes the time to develop the characters so you have no choice but to love them
K Subramanian
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first book. Wondering whether the third book will be worth reading, having already had a preview of the characters involved.
Carolyn Bryant
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hoping for more

Can't wait to start the next one. These are great storied and filled with suspence, laughter and feelings. Enjoyed both so far
T.M. Payne
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Highball and Chain (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club, #2)
Author: Kathryn M. Hearst
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Tammy - Book Nook Nuts

This is the 2nd story in this amazing new series and its brother Enzo.
Shanna is Maggie's best friend and she kind of thought she and the ghoster had something? Oh maybe not? or?
These brothers are doomed thanks to their mom and it will take everything in Enzo to break that. Or will the Marchionni secrets and actions spill out onto the streets?
Hilarious
Jul 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Kaleidoscope Hearts Vol. 2: Nine More Chances to Fall in Love
  • Heart of a Phoenix
  • Queen of Corvids (Raven Crawford, #3)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • The Billionaire Quiz: A Choose Your Own Billionaire Adventure
  • VAMPS (An Underground Encounters Box Set with gargoyle shifters, vampires, and witches)
  • Dragon, Be Mine: Clan Saor-làithean (Dragon Guard #42)
  • Vampire Lover: Purely Paranormal Pleasures
  • Fireworks (Coffee Shop Girls #1)
  • Dragon Night (Dark Kings, #13.5)
  • Rise of the Fire Witch
  • The Lady and the Tigershifter (Space Shifters Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Decisions (Evergreen Hotel, #3)
  • Atlas (Cultivated #2)
  • Claiming Her Innocence (Alpha Ever After, #1)
  • Cassia (Alluring Assassins Book 1)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
Kathryn M. Hearst is a southern girl with a love of the dark and strange. She has been a story teller her entire life, as a child she took people watching to new heights by creating back stories of complete strangers. Kate lives in North Carolina with her chocolate lab, Jolene; and two rescue pups, Jagger and Roxanne. She is a self-proclaimed nerd, raising a nerdling.

Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club (5 books)
  • Absinthe Minded (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club Book 1)
  • Single Malt Drama (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club, #3)
  • Hot Momosa (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club, #4)
  • Gin & Trouble (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club)

News & Interviews