Start by marking “Shoes” as Want to Read:
Shoes

Shoes

Flip-flops for the beach, sassy flats for shopping or black heels for a night out on the town--Mom's closet has the perfect pair of shoes for any occasion. Playing dress-up for a while can be fun, but at the end of the day, one little girl learns that she doesn't need to be in a hurry to fill her mom's shoes. ...more
Published January 20th 2020 by Pink Umbrella Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoes

Start your review of Shoes
Katie W
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Took me back to the past

Shoes. I think it's safe to say that most little girls love shoes and each pair can drum up a vivid playtime, full of creativity and fun. These shoes can transport a girl to a myriad of settings and events, allowing for a fun-filled romp through the imagination.

From the very first page, I was carried back in time to when I was a child and the worlds I created through shoes. I loved how each page introduced a new type of shoe with a rhyme that relates to the way this yo
Sydney
What an absolutely delightful read! The reminiscence of being a little girl and childhood and trying on and wearing “Mom’s” shoes is the main highlight of this story. The colorful and charming pictures introduce new shoes at the turn of every page, sharing in the little girl’s dream of all Mom’s shoes. There is also rhyming on each page, which correlates with the types of shoes. And the pictures are sweet, adorable, and colorful, bringing to life the story of Shoes. Author Yvette Cragun and illu ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I don't think there is a child out there who hasn't wanted to wear their parents shoes. My kids sure did- all the time. This book is about a young girl trying on her mother's shoes and imagining herself in different places with them on. The words have great rhythm and rhyme. The illustrations are bright and happy. It's a great book to read aloud to young children. Very cute!

- I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Connie Saunders
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ballet shoes. Tennis Shoes. Fancy high heels. When I first saw the different kinds of shoes that are shown in this book, I was taken back to the times that I wore my mother and grandmother's shoes and I also remembered when my daughter wore mine. Shoes that were much too big for our little feet but never too large for our dreams and our imagination!

This is a 32 page, softcover book and the bright, colorful illustrations and rhyming text make it fun to see and fun to read. Shoes is the perfect b
Cathy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of those I wish I would have had when my daughters were small. I loved the way this book is full of bright colors. The illustrations were really well done. They’d be engaging for young kids.

I loved the way the author did her rhyming. Sometimes kids books are really hard to read with some of the rhymes. This book wasn’t that way at all. It’s easy to read and the story in it is really cute.

I think this will be a favorite book to read of girls everywhere. And probably their moms to
Janell Madison
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Shoes”- Written by Yvette Cragun and Illustrated by Myra Romano

“SHOES” by Cragun and Romano is a delightful and fun book about a little girl looking in her Mom’s closet and admiring all of Mom’s shoes.

With wonderful rhymes and colorful images, the little girls dreams her time away, thinking of what all the different shoes would be perfect to wear at different events!

Wonderful illustrations and a great story will make this a book any little girl will want to read over and over! A great way for k
Kelly Gamache
Sara Walton
Nov 24, 2020

• Bachelor Buttons
  • Before I Called You Mine
  • The Last Train to Key West (The Cuba Saga, #3)
  • Breakaway (Northbrook Hockey Elite #5)
  • One Summer Day (Prosperity Ranch #1)
  • Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite #4)
  • The Match (It Happened in Charleston, #1)
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • Shutterbug
  • To Every Love a Season
  • Until I Met You (Restoring Heritage, #2)
  • A Note of Change (Timeless Victorian Collection, #5)
  • An Uncommon Courtship (Hawthorne House, #3)
  • A Proper Charade
  • Royal Heir
  • The Earl's Winning Wager  (Lords for the Sisters of Sussex #2)
  • The Matchmaker's Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Mountain Cove)
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)

News & Interviews