Start by marking “Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)” as Want to Read:
Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)

Midlife Fairy Hunter

(Forty Proof #2)

A Paranormal Women’s Fiction with a bit of class, and a lot of sass for anyone over forty!

Over the hill, all outta ducks to give, and suddenly life is looking up . . .even if you’re living with a ghost and fighting off werewolves.

Moving back to Savannah changed my life in all the best ways. New job. New friends. As far from my ex-husband as possible.

I didn’t count on the S
Published April 23rd 2020 by Hijinks Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Midlife Fairy Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midlife Fairy Hunter

Start your review of Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
Ronda
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is going to be one of those that just get better and better even though the first book was amazing to start with!

Midlife Fairy Hunter continues the journey with Breena discovering new 'things' as well as being chased by other 'things'. I love the tension that is building up between her and Crash and me (ha!)!!! He is my ultimate dream for a character in a book like this!!

I adore this storyline, I love where the book takes us and I love how Shannon Mayer portrays her characters with v
Katyana
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this one a reluctant 4 stars.

I like Breena for the most part, even though in this book she got a bit repetitive with her preaching, making her seem a bit pretentious. And I really like her friends - Robert, Feish, Suzy was fun.

I really dislike the Hollows Group. I frankly think they're worthless - this is the second book where she's needed to save their asses, but they still treat her like garbage. And honestly, nothing makes up for the shitty way they have treated her. I will never l
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
I absolutely adore this series, truly so much fun!
Emma
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is so good as a bit of light UF relief. Bree has now got a team around her and is coming into her own. These stories are action packed and fast paced- just what the doctor ordered.
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Wow! So many twists!

I love this book series! I love Corb but I I liked how the twists and mysteries turned out. I can't wait to see what happens next with Breena & friends! I love Robert! His character is heartwarming even if he is only able to say one special word most of the time.
Iris Hunter (InstagramREADS)
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star, 1 day read

Over the hill, all outta ducks to give, and suddenly life is looking up . . .even if you're living with a ghost and fighting off werewolves.

"I smiled and shrugged. "What can I say? I'm a woman of mystery and full of plot twists you'll probably never see coming." - Midlife Fairy Hunter by Shannon Mayer

"The mirror in front of me was most certainly not magical, or if it was it was kind of a dick" - Midlife Fairy Hunter by Shannon Mayer
Brandy Barber
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything I needed and more

This book was awesome. It was a adrenaline rush. I was waiting for the end to smack me. It did. I felt the ending all the way to my bones. I can't wait for more of this story. The new twist is going to be interesting to see play out. I also love the different people that are going to make up this group of friends. Well done
jeliy
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-urban
Actual stars 3.5. The "duck" annoys me. The older you get the less filters you have in some things and this is one. ...more
Anne
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The hallmark of a good book for me is staying up late to read, reading before work, squeezing every single second out of my lunch hour to keep reading, considering calling in sick to read -- and this book fits every one of those points. I'm exhausted and have the bags under my eyes to prove it, but I wouldn't have missed a second of this story.

You can tell when an author plans out her stories, and when an author is a "pantser."

This store is very well-crafted and thought out, which is one of the
Lisa Malmquist
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Breena O'Rylee is up to more otherworldly adventures in the second installment of the "Forty Proof Series". She has a new job, new friends and lots more of the "shadow world" craziness.
Breena gets a new job for the fairy queen watching over a fairy circle. She is offered about ten times what she would usually make. Might as well take it since her job with the Hollows group is gone and her mentor is not himself, neither are any of the members of the group.
All of them are acting crazy.
So she decid
Frank Bertino
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read, Great Series

Breena is getting in shape and gaining in power. She has off again and on again crushes on Crash and Corb and secretly enjoys other eye candy. Apparently she is divorced but not dead. Even though the Hollows are down on her, others see her talents and potential and employ her. Twists and turns abound. I like the action, humor, and romance. I look forward to the next book.
Helen Maddix
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this!

Book 2 is another winner, with more answers, which brings more questions. The writing and story are excellent, and the characters make you root for them. Shannon Mayer has a well crafted series going here and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Koren Buscemi
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy ducks!

The storyline just gets better and better! Robert is seriously the BEST sidekick EVER!!!! That ending has me biting my nails and I can't wait to see where this goes. Well done! Highly recommend if uour looking for a badbutt woman with all the aches and pains we have but still kicking tushes.
Nancy Wege
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

A great continuation of the series. I laughed out loud at the animal noises!! Waiting for book 3 to come out.
Debbie Eyre
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I ducking loved this and I wanna be in Breena’s team! If you thought the first book was awesome then wait till you read this one cause it’s even better! It’s had me howling with laughter, had me cringing in places, cheering in others and feeling the heat if you know what I mean and I have to say I am totally in awe of them all! With twists and turns galore, action, adventure this Savannah based paranormal story with its relatable kick ass over 40’s heroine will grab you from the get go and ...more
Suzie
Another hit!

This second book in The Forty Proof series is just as entertaining as the first. I laughed a lot and was completely caught up in the magic and action. Looking forward to the next installment!!
Helen Wawrejko
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery

Hoo boy. Have I found a new genre I can't put down. I love, love Bree. This story is so good. Fantastic story, fraught with mystery, slow burn, and fae.
Laura Martinez
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the second installment of The Forty Proof series.
Breena is amazing, and I just love how much her character grew in this book. I love how we saw a lot from Eric and Robert. I also enjoyed meeting Skeletor. I love that name!! Loved diving a bit into the Fae world too. This book was definitely a page turner and it kept me on the edge of my seat! Looking forward to discovering many unanswered questions in the next installment and for Breena to kick the baddies butts!! Definitely a
Stacey mann
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I love this series so much.. not only is the MC a 41 yes a 41 year old woman.. who is divorced and who feels all the pains of a 41 year old, but the supporting characters are funny, loyal, kickass and melt together to make a perfect gang of misfits. Add them amazing characters to The action.. plotting.. the triple chilli heat creeping in.. I’m mean it is getting hot flushes in here and of course humour in this book and it is an amazing read that has left me caring what happens to them all and wa
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
This time around Breena finds herself keeping watch over a fairy mound. The Hollows group are all acting super weird, so she can't count on them. She quickly finds her own merry band of misfits to help her out. She's strong-willed and even more determined this time around. Especially when she finds out the scheming ex is trying to sell Gran's house right from underneath her. There's plenty going down in the Shadow world without having to deal with "Himself" on top of it.

"Big girl panties were a
Cleo
Jan 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3 stars

On the precipice of being great, but falls short.

Breena O'Riley is a forty-year old recent divorcee returned back to her home only for her latent supernatural abilities to return. She's older than her peers and it affects her physically; her knees creak, she can't run as fast, and her body is not what is what comes up when you google, sexy woman. All of these characteristics make her endearing, however, it is clear that Breena is insecure. While I can forgive some of the insecurity due
Theresa Derwin

Midlife Fairy 🧚‍♀️ Hunter

This second book in the Forty-Proof series starts five days after book one, and though you don’t have to have read that, it enriches this one if you have.

Breena is a middle aged misfit, recently moved to her hometown of Savannah after twenty years, to try and get back her dead granny’s house that her ex husband stole from her whilst Bree was incarcerated in a mental health institute he’d put her in - because she could see things that don’t exist - according to ‘Himself’
Elisa
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay I’m calling it!!! This was better than book 1 and I loved book 1 a hell of a lot.
Bree a really came into her own so much more in this story and just wow at all the twists and turns I was on the edge of my seat the whole read it’s amazing I didn’t fall off...lol
Fantasy reader will love this, great characters awesome plot, great setting I can’t wait for more...
Karissa
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Series Info/Source: This is the 2nd book in the Forty Proof series. I got this as an audiobook from Audible.com.

Audiobook Quality (4/5): The narration for this audiobook is really well done and it’s a lot of fun to listen to. I would definitely recommend listening to this series on audiobook if you enjoy audiobooks.

Story (4/5): This was a fun addition to this series. This continues the storyline started in the first book as well as adding in a new shorter storyline. Breena is hired secretly by a
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Before anything else, let me say that I am LOVIN’ (yes, I meant to shout) the newish genre of Paranormal Women’s Fiction and will be forever grateful for the original Fab 13 authors who all published their beginning books in these multiple, amazing series on the same day to get us all started. (now the publication dates vary but it was great to see them all drop at once) If you love Paranormal anything, then you should check these ladies out, seriously.

Life isn’t real
Kristi Gladden
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even Better Than the First Book!

Many series stay almost as good as the first book, but not better, and that is why, if I don’t like the first book, I don’t bother reading the rest of the series. Shannon Mayer is one of the FEW authors who start out books at a full run, and who ALWAYS delivers on her promises of saucy, smart, and capable heroines who hold their own, sometimes not so gracefully, but what would be the fun in a lead character who is perfect from the very beginning? Who listened to
Kathy Mayer
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another smash hit!

I especially loved the reference to The Princess Bride, one of the best movies of all time! And the movie, Beetljuice. This book is action packed, with new friendships for Breena, Feish, & Eric. Everyone in the Hallows gets spelled. Of course, when everything starts going weird at work. They decide to do more training, like always. Thinks go from normal to crazy fast. The auction at Grans house turns into a disaster when you know who shows up. That's all I will say. Breena take
Kerrie P
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book

The author did an amazing job with this book. Our heroine is strong and fiesty but has a heart a mile wide. She draws the under dogs to her side and helps make them stronger. She is flawed but she is trying and never gives up. The world building is rich and complex. The author makes you care about other characters in her book almost as much as you care about the main characters. You want them all to succeed and find happiness. I laughed out loud at some of the scenes in the book.
Trudy
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the unique cast of characters in Grave Magic Bounty (know titled Midlife Bounty Hunter) and of course Breena and the fact that she is more like me than most heroines. I can relate to her, her feelings, and what she is dealing with so well.

I could not imagine how Shannon could make the second book nearly as good but she did and then some! This story started off so funny that I laughed hard enough to almost pee a little!
She added a few more unique characters, made us love the o
Ruthie Parrish
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Breena, this series, and all the characters. Robert is my favorite skeleton EVER!! I always worry that the books in a series will not be as good as the first.... not an issue here!! Shannon Mayer has built a crazy array of characters in a world within a world, and it works! Better than works, actually... it is fantastic! Read this book!!

• The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • Magical Midlife Love (Leveling Up, #4)
  • Confessions of a Wicked Fae (The Supernatural Spy Files, #2)
  • Confessions of a Dangerous Fae (The Supernatural Spy Files, #1)
  • Caught (Succubus Dreams #4; Succubus Harem #26)
  • Heart of Stone (Alice Worth, #4)
  • Swarmed (Succubus Dreams #7; Succubus Harem #29)
  • Limits (Succubus Dreams #5; Succubus Harem #27)
  • Rallying (Succubus Dreams #6; Succubus Harem #28)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Don't Cheat Me (Nora Jacobs #2)
  • Midlife Magic (Not Too Late #1)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Forty Proof (5 books)
  • Midlife Bounty Hunter (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • Midlife Zombie Hunter (The Forty Proof Series Book 5)