Start by marking “Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)” as Want to Read:
Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)

Betwixt

(Betwixt & Between #1)

A Paranormal Women's Fiction with a bit of class, and a lot of sass, for anyone who feels like age is just a number!

Divorced, desperate, and destitute, former restaurateur Defiance Dayne finds out she has been bequeathed a house by a complete stranger. She is surprised, to say the least, and her curiosity gets the better of her. She leaves her beloved Phoenix and heads to
Published February 18th 2020 by Feather & Leaf, LLC (first published February 16th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Betwixt, please sign up.
Lisa Janene

Janene

Finally someone else is annoyed by it. I hate how she is referred to either in book. No reason that I remember. And the blurb needs changing. It’s missing a word plus, just by reading it, no one knows why the two names. Not enough info so it’s confusing.(less)

Start your review of Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
carol.
Tried during while inflicted with QuarantineBrain™, but nothing could redeem this for me.

Over-the top description, such as describing the purple the real estate agent is wearing as "a shade so bright it made my eyes water. Not unlike pepper spray. Or napalm." Literally all of the description was similar, which just hurt my brain. Wrong on so. many. levels. For real. As in, didn't you know actual people were burned by it, Author?

description

The hottie is literally a guy who is wearing a kilt and going shirt
Tresa Johnston
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another winner by Darynda!!

I sat down and read this book in one sitting. I'm a HUGE Darynda Jones fan and absolutely love her series with the badass Grim Reaper detective. This is nothing like that, with a new location, new interesting characters, and a story I can't wait to continue reading! This is an amazing author with a real talent for story telling. Highly recommend this book.
Ronda

I absolutely, whole-heartedly, super loved this book!!!

The chapters, first off, had those Charley Davidson memes and titles to head them... I adored this! However, Betwixt was nothing like our lovely Charley at all. Defiance is older and is a Charmling and to find out what that is, you need to read the book!

Such a Darynda book and by that I mean, fun to read with elements of 'unexpected' and somewhat mysterious added in.

This book is so easy to read, so addictive and fun. I highly reco
Aisling Zena

The characters seem to be very similar to her other series.. And while the magic aspect was refreshing the rest was more of the tried and trusted variety..

☘ Lily ☘
I have so much feeling about this book.

First, have you watched Texas Chainsaw 3D? The one where there was this one attorney kept reminding our girl to read the letter her grandmother wrote her after she left her the creepy house? And our heroine never did read them until the end? Yeah, in this one, our girl procrastinated so much that it freaking annoyed me to high heaven. I was like, God help me. This woman is trying on my nerveee.

Second, our protagonist, Charley-whoopsie!-I mean Defiance Tiffa
Yodamom
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5
I really enjoyed this fun tale of magical mishaps and family secrets. The MC is a woman in her 40's who has found her foundation ripped away through divorce. She's broke, nearly homeless and desperate, then she gets a notice of an inheritance from someone she doesn't even know. It's a huge gothic house, a house that has more needs than she's ready for. Oh but this house is worth so much more wait till you see what the basement has to offer. :X
I found Defiance (MC) a bit irritating in bits, sh
☕️Kimberly
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betwixt hooked me from the beginning, and once Jones introduced the mysterious handyman…I slipped away and devoured this in a single sitting.

I loved the backstory, the magical elements and the secondary characters. Some are of this world and others are not. Defiance’s best friend from Phoenix, and her Dads show up. Each added to to the mix from support to humor.

Mysteries, a little danger and plenty of paranormal woo-woo made this paranormal women’s fiction a delight. There is a smidgeon of roman
Bonnie
I’ve been anxiously awaiting the release of A Bad Day for Sunshine (Darynda’s upcoming release following the end of her Charley Davidson series) so color me surprised when Amazon informs me that Darynda has another new book and it’s available now. And even though I make it a hobby to sign up for Kindle Unlimited and then promptly never use it, I downloaded Betwixt and started it. Same day.

Betwixt introduces us to forty-four-year-old Defiance Dayne who is still reeling from the recent brutal divo
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Classic Darynda Jones' humor with biting humor, sarcastic witty one liners, a hot alpha male, a quirky almost ADHD female lead and an awesome best friend. Throw in some paranormal woo hoo and you have one fun series I need more of! ...more
Amber J
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was fun and had some very funny moments. That ending was a crazy cliffhanger and that cover is to die for. I will be continuing the series.
Betül
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

Darynda Jones is one of my favorite authors, so I always get excited whenever she announces a new book. Normally, I have to wait a year for a new book to release, because they are traditionally published. So I was happy when I saw that she was working on a couple of projects that she would publish herself. I am very used to her writing style, which is mostly light and fun, but she is also know to throw an emotional punch every now and then. Betwixt is about Defiance (love the name), who just wen
Suzie
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In love with this story!!!

I read this book all in one sitting because I couldn't put it down! Defiance, Annette, Ruthie, and Roane are marvelous characters and each one is endearing and engaging. I look forward to reading Bewitched!!!
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Daryndra Jones rocks!

This book was epic and I can't wait to see what comes next in the series. The characters are great and addictive.😊
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3 Hearts

Betwixt is the first book in a new Paranormal Women's Fiction series Betwixt and Between by Darynda Jones.  This newer genre follows grow women who are around forty-ish and close to midlife when they discover the paranormal world.  It is refreshing to not always read something staring people in their mid-twenti
Tricia
Oct 09, 2020 rated it liked it
One thing I love about Darynda Jones books is they are always fun. This one was a relatively quick read. The story was interesting, it took a bit before the plot really took off but once it did I enjoyed it immensely. Looking forward to seeing where this story goes in the next book!
Lorraine
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in the paranormal.
Shelves: own, series, paranormal
Salem, Massachusetts. Present day. Darynda Jones’ Betwixt ((Betwixt & Between #1) protagonist, Defiance Dwayne discovers that she has been “bequeathed a house by a complete stranger” in Salem, MA. “Divorced, desperate, and destitute” (a little alliteration is always fun), Defiance, presently living in NM, travels to Salem to take a peek at the house bequeathed to her in this famous/infamous town. As Defiance sees ‘her’ house, she falls in love. Though the house needs a bit of work, it is a class ...more
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I feel like Darynda Jones took all things that made Charley Davidson one of my favorite series, put it into a blender with a bunch of witchy stuff, mixed it good and out came the new B&B series. Hey, no complaints from me. I'm a sucker for these kinds of main characters with their sass, quirkiness and addiction to all things yummy, be it men, food or coffee.
I'm up for another Darynda journey.

Over and out
Theresa
4 Stars... Defiance definitely lives up to her name with all the wit and sarcasm that we love in Darynda Jones' heroines... Inheriting a house from an unknown person should raise a few red flags, but when you are down and out you also become desperate and curious... Defiance never knew how her life would change when she moved from Arizona to Salem, Massachusetts and the secrets she would uncover; not to mention the insanely sexy journeyman, the scraggly but lovable housecat, and the mysterious a ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, funny
What a fun book. I loved the humor, the heroine and her best friend were hilarious, Roane was hot, and I was very entertained by the whole story. Plus it’s getting me in the mood for Halloween. It does end on a cliffhanger so I’m off to go start book 2.
Farshana ❤️rainnbooks❤️
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Darynda Jones in her acknowledgement thanks the readers for allowing Defiance, Annette, Ruthie and Roane into our lives but honestly dear Darynda, we should be thanking YOU for providing us such a quirky and brilliant paranormal love story brimming with humor that had me rolling on the floor laughing.

It has been a long while that I have read a book which made me guffaw out loud, every aspect of this story leaving the fan girl in me happy. Right from page 1 where Dayne meets an all-purple clad h
Belles
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2020
Not quite as good as a Charley Davidson book, but I did enjoy it. I liked that the main character is in her 40s.
Angie Parish
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

I love this book!! I was really ticked at the ending, cause I was so sunk into the book that I felt like it came out of nowhere. I thought that I had at least 20 more chapters.

I believe if you read any of the books by these amazing women you will fall in love!!!
Emma James
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED BETWIXT!

I'm hankering for book 2, which is not long away.

I have found my new series/trilogy ( I think it will be only 3 books) after Charley Davidson.

I heart ALL the characters in Betwixt.
Christy LoveOfBooks
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, read-in-2020
This was a lot of fun!
I’m so happy to have a new series by Jones to read.
Michele
Okay, full disclosure here: I'm a huge fan of Darynda Jones's work prior to reading Betwixt. So I was already fangirling when I bought this book. I was also excited to see a new genre, Paranormal Women's Fiction, being of a (ahem) certain age group that this new endeavor is geared towards. I'm happy to say that Betwixt definitely did not disappoint. There was all the snarky goodness I adore in Jones's writing as well as an awesome friendship between Defiance and her bestie Annette--reminiscent o ...more
Tamye Whitener
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Page turner

Ms, Jones has a magical way with words that brings her characters to life. From the first page to the last I was entranced. I loved this book but the ending ... Let's just say, one heck of a teaser for the next book. It's not a cliffhanger, because she wraps the story up. She just gives you a lead-in into the next that will have you going to your favorite e-tailer to buy the second book. I feel like I just watched a season-ending episode. Luckily I don't have to wait months to find ou
Andrea
I'll be honest- I saw this on my feed and it looked interesting, but reading the description I was worried it was going to be a bit of a pity party.
Thankfully this was not the case at all! This book was so dang cute and fun~

description

I got swept right into the story and I actually had a whole lot of fun with Defiance's character, and learning about her new possibilities in both life and magic was a great read.
There's mystery, intrigue, a new budding romance (along with a d-bag ex) and a wonderful friend
Mel
I finally had a headache free day to read this book and I could not put it down. I was engrossed in Defiance’s discovery of herself and her powers. The connection between Defiance and Roane was compelling. I absolutely love reading about middle aged women discovering the best of themselves. I cannot wait for book two to be released.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
I. Am. In. Love!
With Defiance, RUTHIE, Percy, Annette, Dads, ROANE, Houston, et al. Yay yay yay for this fun new series which also contains my favorite life giving-mothers milk-elixir of the goddess appreciation, by one my abso-faves authors! Hashtag homerun, Darynda Jones! Grimlet love everlasting ❤️
Kristin
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a lot of fun! Grabby hands for the next one!

• Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Witching For Grace (Premonition Pointe, #1)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Let it All Burn (From the Ashes, #1)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Sucks To Be Me (First Fangs Club #1)
  • Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
  • Midlife Bounty Hunter (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife, #1)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier, and her books have been translated into 17 languages. As a born storyteller, Darynda grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, certain they went away the better for it. Sh ...more

Betwixt & Between (4 books)
  • Bewitched (Betwixt & Between #2)
  • Beguiled (Betwixt & Between #3)
  • Moonlight and Magic (Betwixt & Between #4)