Start by marking “Last Name” as Want to Read:
Last Name

Last Name

From bestselling author, Dr. Rebecca Sharp, comes a funny accidental marriage story about a loss, luck, and a little bit of chance...

What happens in Vegas…
A regret-free girls’ weekend was supposed to help Carrie Bishop forget about her last relationship and cross-country move. Because when you’ve lost everything, letting loose is easy.

James Arden knew the stakes in Vegas w
170 pages
Published June 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Last Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Name

Start your review of Last Name
ItaPixie
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

Carrie works at an hotel on the Lake Tahoe, but she risks to lose her job now that the hotel was sold. She accepts to follow some collegues to Las Vegas to forget her problems. James is the CEO of his family company that acquires hotels in trouble.
They meet at the Bellagio and they like each other on the spot, James helps Carrie with her scavenger hunt and they end the beautiful night in her room after they swung by a wedding chaple. Unfortunately next morning Carrie wakes up alone in her bed b

Nadine Bookaholic
This was a feel good, cute romance that had a ton of steam. I have been enjoying this Country Love Collection where the author takes a Country Song and turns it into a book, this one is loosely based on Last Name by Carrie Underwood.

If you read the blurb for the story you know Carrie was on a Scavenger Hunt with her friends and oh the fun things they had to do, it was great, I think I am going to make a list and have a ball the next time I'm in Vegas, only I wont be waking up married to someone
Michele McMullen
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Last Name is my first time reading Rebecca Sharp and let me say I am now a fan girl !
I love the what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas books and this one was so much fun!
Carrie is on a work girls weekend that also includes a scavenger hunt. When she gets left behind by the group she is rescued by handsome stranger.
James is doing his bachelor party duty but when he sees a beautiful woman in a bit of distress he jumps right in to help. James and Carrie take off on a scavenger hunt that leads to oh
Athena D.
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

I loved Carrie and James' beginning! Their Vegas story is a memorable one and definitely did not stay in Vegas. If you are looking for a sweet and romantic story, this one is truly entertaining. Last Name by Dr. Rebecca Sharp is a MUST read and will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!

Jackie Wright
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carrie Bishop is in Vegas for a regret free girls weekend, she is meant to be forgetting about her last lover and a cross country move because let’s be honest what happens in Vegas is meant to stay in Vegas so why not let lose and have some
Caroline F
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this sweet, sexy romance by a new-to-me author.

"Heart hammering, blood pounding, my hands itching to touch...to memorize a man I'd only just met."

Carrie Bishop is in Vegas for the weekend to let her hair down before facing redundancy at work on Monday. When a handsome stranger saves her dignity and helps her complete a scavenger hunt - one that ends in a fake marriage at a wedding chapel. One incredible night later and she wakes up alone to the realisation that there was noth
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Another 5 Star ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ masterpiece from Dr. Rebecca Sharp!! ‘Last Name’ started off fun and existing, and continued on that path throughout the entire story.

Carrie and James meet by chance in Las Vegas and have an immediate spark; an undeniable connection. Carrie was in Las Vegas for a ‘girls weekend’, and was supposed to be completing a scavenger hunt, when she got separated from the girl pack. James offers to help her finish the tasks on her list, with the last being a picture together dr
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 LAST NAME STARS!! This was a sweet perfect story to make me smile. Carrie and James had one fantastic night with so much fun, sexiness and love. As always Rebecca Sharp gives us a phenomenal story to get lost in for a couple of hours.
PP's Bookshelf
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Last Name by Rebecca Sharp was a cute feel good romance with lots of intense emotions! This story was sexy with witty fun. This story was heartaching beauty with incredible chemistry between James and Carrie!

Rebecca Sharp is bringing innovative romance ideas in this series of small town romance standalones! This was a fake marriage office romance trope! Carrie Bishop is sure of losing her job as the hotel in Lake Tahoe where she worked has been acquired by some rich man. She grabbed the opportun
Carolina León
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last Name by Rebecca Sharp is, by far, one of the best books I've read this summer.

It's so easy to fall in love with Rebecca's storytelling till the point where you keep coming back for more. With Last Name, you'll be tranfixed to a world full of emotions, funny moments, unexpected situations and the perfect HEA.

My wife had yet to learn I didn't give up easily on the things I wanted

Ohh my poor ovaries. James Arden melted my heart from day one. That sweet smile, that heart of gold and that kn
Up All Night With Books
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Support Group
Up All Night With Books Blog

Last Name is the latest book to be released by Dr. Rebecca Sharp and what a cute, romantic story. When anything starts with: What happens in Vegas… can only lead to an adventure and some good stories to tell. I have never personally been to vegas yet, but after reading this story I can't wait and I will be doing my own scavenger hunt throughout the strip.

Carrie is on a girls weekend in Vegas. But when James steps in to hel
Anna
What happens in Vegas...is a HEA

I've said it before...I love stories where something happens in Vegas. This one was no exception.

This is the first book I've read from Rebecca. I am definitely going to read more. I loved Carrie and James and their journey to HEA.

In Vegas for a girls' weekend with her co-workers, Carrie finds herself seperated from them and she meets James who proceeds to help her check off her scavenger hunt list and a little more!

Mind you, marrying someone at a Vegas wedding cha
Courtney
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book; it was a quick and easy read, but it kept me entertained the whole time. One second, I was laughing so hard then the next James had me swooning so hard. James and Carrie meet in a very unconventional way when he saves her in a casino in Vegas being groped by a guy and James steps in the save her. Once she is saved her and James spend time together doing a scavenger hunt through Vegas and James being the ultimate gentleman and attracted to Carrie decides to help her, but they e ...more
April Symes
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Last Name by Dr. Rebecca Sharp is a light, flirty, sweetheart story. This is Carrie and James's story.
Theirs is a story about two strangers who meet up by accident in Las Vegas. Really, it was a beautiful story about two people who were meant for one another and this is their love story. I don’t want to spoil anything with giving any spoilers away but "What Happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" doesn't always stay true.
Will Carrie and James get the fated HEA or will a secret that James has been ke
Lightening
Shelves: favorites, arcs
Sharp knocks it out of the park with this funny, sexy romcom. I love how she took one song, picked out the best parts and rearranged them into this amazing story.
I was hooked from the very first page.
The chemistry that Carrie (😉😉) and James have is so explosive! 🔥 Last Name will have you laughing, blushing and your jaw dropping. It’s such an easy, feel good romance. It’ll leave you wanting your own kind of scavenger hunt now.
Isha Coleman
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it

Last Name brings sexy back. Sharp steps out of the shadows and into the spotlight. James and Carrie bring on the humor while never skimping on the heart and packing more than a bit of heat in the process. Last Name is at the top of my re-read pile.

Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
A super cute rom com that has one of the most stubborn hero’s because he wants his girl and no is not in his vocabulary!

Carrie and James had one amazing night together but fate had Other plans and Carrie needed to be ready because James was coming for her heart and soul!

I absolutely love these short, beautiful stories that make you laugh, cry and fills your heart with joy!
Jaime Reynolds
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet romance that will whisk you away for an enjoyable afternoon. I love Vegas and of course you can never predict what will happen there...as you can see by James and Carrie’s story. Their unconventional meeting makes for a great story that you won’t want to miss.
Cassidy
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Last Name was my first book by Dr. Rebecca Sharp book. It was a fun, fluffy, cute romance. It’s a play on the Carrie Underwood song. I tend to enjoy married in Vegas books. This one was a hit. I always love a good hero obsessed with the heroine. This Dr. Rebecca Sharp book won’t be my last.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Dayang
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐️

I've received an ARC from the author before, and I've read some of her books as well...

I've read the blurb and it was definitely enticing... Then I got curious on what happens to Carrie and James next.

The storyline isn't something I haven't read before, but I enjoyed it.

As I was reading, I kept on thinking that this book would be awesome to watch as a Hallmark movie. It has everything... it was quirky, sexy and funny.

It's a feel-good story to read after a stressful day!
Jackie Vanhinsbergh
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Sharps latest book ‘Last Name’ will not disappoint!

Carrie is on a girl’s weekend in Vegas and they plan a scavenger hunt throughout the strip. She goes with work colleagues as a big splurge, as they feel they are all at threat of redundancy as their hotel is being taken over on the Monday. Her friends keep moving on to the next part of the hunt and so she has to play catch up. She meets James who steps in to help a damsel in distress, things take a turn for the worse re her friends as th
B.J. Bentley
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book came into my life right when I needed it most! It's a feel-good story with lots of sweet, swoony moments. And steam! Let's not forget the steam!

If you're looking for a comfort read in these trying times (or any time, really) the Country Love series is where it's at!
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Not having read any other works by Rebecca Sharp before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading Last Name. Needless to say, this second chance accidental marriage story was hilarious and incredibly romantic.

What started out as a girls’ weekend in Vegas, turned out to be so much more for thirty-one-year old, Carrie Bishop. After relocating her whole life to move to Lake Tahoe from New Jersey, Carrie thought she was done with the unfor
Laundry
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you take nothing else away from this review, let it be this - you can't go wrong with a novel by Dr Rebecca Sharp. Each story she develops is unique, perfectly detailed and has just the right amount of swoony steaminess to leave delightful goosebumps all over your skin. Last Name says it's a romantic comedy - and it's funny, don't get me wrong, but sometimes romantic comedies get a mediocre reputation, and trust me, there is nothing mediocre about it.

Story Line: Carrie is our adorable heroin
Sarah_Loves_Reading_Romance
Dr Rebecca Sharp has just catapulted herself straight into one click territory. From the very first page, I was hooked by Carrie and James’ romance. This is a story of overcoming past mistakes, learning to trust again and taking the leap of faith to follow your heart, and she absolutely nailed it! A beautiful story with engaging characters, a swoony alpha hero and a curvy, insecure heroine you can’t help but root for to get her happily ever after.

Who hasn’t been to Vegas with stars in their eyes
Sassy Southern
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Bishop has come to Lake Tahoe after a bad breakup and is ready to get focused on her job as a recreation director at Lake Tahoe Resort and Casino but knows it is coming to an end when the hotel is sold. She heads to Las Vegas for a girls weekend when she is saved by a hot guy who helps her get away from a guy who is a little to hands on for her liking.
The night ends up being one of the best she has ever had but in the morning she finds herself with a ring on her finger and no groom in sig
Jackie Wright
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and it certainly won’t be my last, if you are looking for a quick, fun entertaining read that will leave you smiling like a Cheshire Cat look no further than Last Name : A Mistaken Marriage Stand-alone Romance. Carrie Bishop is in Vegas for a regret free girls weekend, she is meant to be forgetting about her last lover and a cross country move because let’s be honest what happens in Vegas is meant to stay in Vegas so why not let lose and have som ...more
Rebecca Austin
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is another great book by this author and I continually laugh my way through her books!

I really liked Carrie and I loved that she moved clear across the country to begin her life again after catching her ex cheating on her. I liked that she was really trying to experience Vegas and I loved the idea of a scavenger hunt and I definitely think I need to do one next time I go down there.

James was a wonderful character and I loved the way he took Carrie under his wing and showed her all the sight
Lisa White

Up All Night With Books Blog

Carrie is on a g
Lita Thomas
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last Name by Dr Rebecca Sharp is a cute story of two people who embark on a scavenger hunt and get more than they bargained for. What if you wake up and find a ring on your finger and a marriage certificate. To make matters worse you can't remember the night's event, your groom is gone and you don't know where to find him. Carrie went to Las Vegas on a last hoorah trip with her coworkers who all were going to be fired on Monday. James is in Vegas for a bachelor party when he rescues a sexy lady ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rich Prick
  • Wrong Turn (RoadTripping, #2)
  • Confessions of a Bookaholic
  • Naughty Neuro
  • Taking My Doctor's Orders(Lovers' Lane #6)
  • Liar Liar
  • Falling For Her (The Callahans, #2)
  • The Rivals
  • Queen Move
  • Trillion
  • Every Little Piece of Me (Orchid Valley #1)
  • For All The Right Reasons
  • The Rebel (Haven Grace Prep, #3)
  • The Curve Ball (Indianapolis Lightning, #2)
  • The Trouble With Quarterbacks
  • Marrying My Billionaire Hookup
  • Beneath Your Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Big Ben (See No Evil Trilogy, #1)
**Healing Heartaches One Alpha at a Time**
I’m a dentist by day and author by night!

Want to know more? Connect with me (#stalkme) at one or all of the links below!

Mailing List: http://bit.ly/StaySharpSignUp