Start by marking “Good Night, Monkey Boy” as Want to Read:
Good Night, Monkey Boy

Good Night, Monkey Boy

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Who’s that eating a banana? Swinging from the shower curtain? Making faces in the mirror? Why, it looks like a monkey!

But not to Mommy. Mommy knows it’s her own monkey boy, and even monkey boys need their sleep. But first, they need to clean up their room and take a bath. Then she’ll read a story. “Good night, Monkey Boy . . . and no more bananas!”
Published August 26th 2003 by Dragonfly Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Good Night, Monkey Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Night, Monkey Boy

Brad
Oct 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
It had been a long time since I read the twins Good Night Monkey Boy, but they asked me to read it this afternoon, and it was a fantastic blast from our past. We had the cable guy over hooking us up, and I was reading books to keep everyone quiet and corralled.

It is a quintessential boy book. Monkey Boy sneaks bananas into bed, he makes a mess with toothpaste, he hangs from the shower bar, but he is one little cutie. We called our boy a monkey before we found this book, but once we found it he b
Charly Carbray
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of a little boy who just didn't want to go to sleep! Nicknamed "Monkey Boy," he really does do some wild things! Midnight munching on bananas, swinging from the shower curtain, and wreaking utter havvock on his sleepy house hold, monkey boy is a really fun book!

This is another really great addition to any library, as the words are easy to read, and the pictures are bright and inviting. We used to read it as a bedtime story growing up, but like I said, sometimes you just need t
Steve
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Molly and I read this 5 or 6 times last night. Better than Quick, Quack Quick! Not as lyrical as 5 Little Monkeys.
Crystal
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a sweet bedtime story that speaks of family love. Monkey Boy is a charmer in spite of his monkey-like behavior. Any child who has been a little too wild during the day, will appreciate that Monkey Boy still gets plenty of loving and fun. Young children will be sure to enjoy his sly banana smuggling. His facial expressions are also adorable. It would be fun to mimic them while reading.

Original review http://readingtl.blogspot.com/2013/05...
Kelly
Apr 15, 2011 added it
Shelves: picture-book
Clear that Krosoczka has refined his style and writing over time since this beginning picture book and others. I like the closeups of the faces but not the lack of talking/perspective from the boy's POV (point of view).
Keshia
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: andrew-s-read
i like it and i don't like it. I really don't want my kid to start acting like the monkey in the book, and hang on the shower curtains, and sneak a banana to bed... but it is a very cute book.
Brooke
Nov 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Neither group of kids were even the least bit interested in this book.
Dawn Little
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A cute bed-time story. Reminds me of my son whom we called monkey when he was younger.
Wooden Horse
The "monkey child" loved it.
Kristi Biltoft
Sep 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
My daughter loves this book. She wants you to read it over and over again. The illustrations are fun and almost jump out of the pages at you. The story is one of discipline and love!
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My son loved the facial expressions of monkey boy, who like most boys wasn't exactly ready for bed. Cute book for bedtime!
May
Jun 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
maylay.ww@gmail.com
Melissa
Cute quick read. MY son was amused especially since we call him our little monkey.
Katie
Feb 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
kinda cute, but something makes it fall short. :(
The Styling Librarian
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this with my kiddo, was concerned he might get some ideas from it though... Very cute bedtime story.
Mrs. Bond
studiojjk.com
punkfarm.com
lunchladycomics.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarrett J. Krosoczka used to be a goofy kid that liked to draw. Now, he is a published author/illustrator with many books to his credit. Growing up in Worcester, MA Jarrett drew relentlessly and always had a cast of characters that he wrote stories for. In 9th grade, Jarrett won a contest with The Worcester Telegram & Ga
More about Jarrett J. Krosoczka...