Start by marking “A Lady's Point of View (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #14)” as Want to Read:
A Lady's Point of View (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #14)

A Lady's Point of View (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #14)

A Lady's Point Of Vi by Jacqueline Diamond released on Sep 22, 1989 is available now for purchase. ...more
Published September 22nd 1989 by Harlequin Regency Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Lady's Point of View, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lady's Point of View

Start your review of A Lady's Point of View (Harlequin Regency Romance Series 2, #14)
Caz
I like reading older regencies and so I stocked up on a few to read on holiday. Although this was a pleasant enough way to pass a few hours, it lacked depth and consistency.

I have no problem with the idea that the short-sighted heroine could not identify friends and acquaintances because of her poor eyesight - I'm blind as a bat without my glasses myself! And perhaps the fact that she'd managed to inadvertantly "cut" as august personage as Brummell himself could have made her the target of gossi
Leena Aluru
Its not bad. Meg and Angela are great. Unfortunately they have 2 absolute nodcocks as their love interests.Edward and Andrew are boring and actually needed more role in the plot. Cynthia's role too is sorely under developed. And so this house of cards tumbles down.

Recommended: meh😒
Olivia
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook
Kathy
2.5

While I did enjoy this one I was a bit disappointed. The story focuses on two main couples, which at times was a bit distracting. It made it hard to really believe or develop either relationship. By the end, I was expecting some major wooing from Andrew and Edward. It was really anticlimactic and Angela and Meg were too quick to forgive, IMO. I personally thought both men were snobs, but especially Andrew. I didnt care for him at all. There were times it felt a bit too detailed and a few side
Maria Claudia
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: regency-clean
The story is completely previsible: a young lady, with weak eyes is acussed to cut down Beau Brummell. She scandalized the ton and is sent to the country. Meanwhile, she took the wrong carriage and arrived in a estate of a marquis, who is waiting a new governess for his nephew. Of course, she is wonderful, she likes the children, she falls in love with the marquis, he discovers the disguise and so on. Boring. I read the book in expectation that something different would happen. Well, nothing hap ...more
ChauDuong
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny!
The story involves two siblings, the elder Meg who has bad sight and the younger who is a bit of a fluff.
Because of her near-sighted condition, Meg takes the wrong carriage and ends up being mistaken as a gorverness for two mischievous kids. For some reason she decides to stay and luckily, she's wonderful to the children whose guardian is no other than a marquis. Over time, he and Meg develop feelings for each other.
The younger sister, Angela is a dear. She's sweet and innocent but also sa
Bethany Swafford
Near-sighted Meg Linley much regrets being forbidden from wearing spectacles, especially when she inadvertently cuts Beau Brummel himself! To give her younger sister the best chance at finding a match, Meg willingly leaves London for the country. She boards the wrong carriage and is mistaken as Lord Bryn’s new governess. Will a misunderstanding lead to love?

This left me so disappointed. The first half was an entertaining, if silly, tale. Meg was a sympathetic character. As someone who needs glas
Nancy M. Payne
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nearsighted heroine!

I really enjoyed this fresh perspective, especially since i can remember my pre-contact lens days with horror. This is a well constructed story that does not go the expected route. Once it gets rolling it is hard to put down. I now have a few more of her books on my tablet.
v
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nice!

A number of twists and turns for the two sister heroine s to wind up with their intended Heroes. A pleasant area!
Patrizia
Sep 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Una scrittrice che non conoscevo... e la cui conioscenza non intendo approfondire.
Roshan
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring
Victoria
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I really enjoyed the premise and the humour in the near-sighted heroine accidentally getting in the wrong carriage and ending up being a governess for a widower and his adorable children. I thought both heroines were engaging and my heart went out to them for their struggles.

I did find, though, that both of our heroes were jerks about the ruse that was played, and I don't feel that either of them really deserved the ladies!
London Mabel
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Good at doing a Heyer type Regency world--with all those accurate little details. Enjoyed the side characters, they were funny. But the two men act like asses. In the subplot, I so disliked the hero, I was rooting for the semi bad guy.
Gypsie Holley
Jul 03, 2016 rated it liked it
it was a cute Lil spectacle...lol
Victoria Gaile
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency
Three and a half stars. This was a lot of fun. And how often do we get a nearsighted, glasses-wearing heroine in a Regency?
Juliette Townsend
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a cute novel. I enjoyed the fact that all of the conflict was because the heroine had poor eyesight. Read the rest of this review here: http://paperbacksandfrosting.com ...more
Maryanne
This book is a fun, quick and clean read. I like the fact that it is a romance but there aren't any sex scenes. ...more
Laura J
Sep 18, 2015
Amel
Dec 26, 2018
Christy Mattoon
Feb 06, 2013
Penny Black
rated it did not like it
Feb 09, 2017
rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Miss Lacey's Last Fling
  • To Catch A Spinster (The Reluctant Bride Collection, #1)
  • The Bolingbroke Chit (Love Takes Root Book 4)
  • Lady Ann's Excellent Adventure
  • The Work of Art
  • A Garden Folly (Country House Party, #1)
  • Gators and Garters (Miss Fortune Mystery #18)
  • Beyond Eden
  • Without Words
  • This Other Eden (Eden, #1)
  • A Flirtatious Rendezvous (The Gentlemen Next Door, #4)
  • The Discarded Duke
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
  • A Dangerous Expectation (The Gentlemen Next Door, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Never Doubt a Duke (Fortune's Brides #1)
  • Out of Love
USA Today bestselling author Jacqueline Diamond has more than 100 novels to her name! A former Associated Press reporter and TV columnist, Jackie is best known for her Safe Harbor Medical romances (17 in all) and mysteries (four so far).

She is currently writing a series of romances about three sisters, all over 50, finding or rediscovering love. They are part of the Better Late collection of roma

News & Interviews