Start by marking “The Delinquent Crown: A YA Fantasy Adventure (Olexia Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Delinquent Crown: A YA Fantasy Adventure (Olexia Legends, #1)

The Delinquent Crown: A YA Fantasy Adventure (Olexia Legends, #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Olexia is a wild and dangerous world filled with magic.

Miri and Nick find Olexia by chance but choose their fate when they step through the portal. A shard of glass and a hastily-written letter from their mother are all they have to solve their puzzling past.

In Olexia Miri and Nick find danger and unlikely allies, and with their help, they learn to wield their newfound pow
Kindle Edition
Published September 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Delinquent Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Delinquent Crown

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Delinquent Crown: A YA Fantasy Adventure (Olexia Legends, #1)
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
The Delinquent Crown

Many thanks to author for offering a review copy - I found the book on Kindle Unlimited for easiest viewing.

So the age ranges confuse me at times but I would solidly call this appropriate for a middle grade reader, like ages 10 to 14 maybe?

As it is clearly marketed for YA/middle grade, I am treating it as such to rate and review

Alright enough formalities ha ha ok so the book is super generic but it would be a good introduction for a kid to fantasy. One plot point after anoth
Lauren Stoolfire
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ecopy in exchange for an honest review.

The Delinquent Crown (Olexia Legends #1) by Sydney Faith is the first novel in a magical new YA portal fantasy adventure series. While Nick and Miri's story takes a little while to get going, once it really takes off it doesn't stop and becomes quite fast-paced and action packed. Faith's world-building for Olexia is the real standout in this story and it's quite easy to visualize. I quite enjoy the magic and also the sense of wonder. My only i
Sydney Faith
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Delinquent Crown is my fantasy debut! It's a YA Fantasy Adventure / Portal Fantasy

description

Check out The Delinquent Crown's Official Book Trailer here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prous...

Read "Age of The Gods (Olexia Legends Short Story #1)" for FREE at http://sydneyfaith.com/product/ageoft...

*Thank you so much for all the love you guys have been showing The Delinquent Crown! I'm so excited to see that you're enjoying it and I can't wait to get the second book in the series out to you!
I'm curre
Yolanda
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!

Thank you to Sydney Faith for giving me a copy of her book to review.

Miri and Nick are siblings living somewhat normal lives on Earth. I say somewhat because Miri, experiences painful episodes that the doctors diagnosed as epilepsy. But her episodes are more than just a medical condition. When they find out about a new magical world called Olexia everything strange about their lives makes so much more sense.

Once these siblings are in Olexia the adventure never ends as Miri and Nick lea
Rae | waesmiles reads
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Sydney Faith for the ARC for this book and here is my honest review:

If you love fast paced, then this is the book for you. I cannot explain how quickly I am thrown into the magical world of Olexia and how much I loved being along for the ride.

As mentioned we have the siblings, Nick and Miri, who are searching for their parents. This search leads them to a rushed letter with a million questions and a portal to another world. Sydney Faith you have broadened my horizons with the world b
Ruth Morse
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
Magical, Fascinating, and full-of-light. These three words came to my mind when I finished reading ‘The Delinquent Crown”, the first book in the debut fantasy series “Olexia Legends” by Sydney Faith. Sydney wrote her first fantasy novel with a rare combination of intelligence and tactful approach to the story that perfectly added up to the sense of dynamic. In that book, vivid, colorful descriptions are followed by neat action scenes that wouldn’t let you raise your eyes from the book.

Nick and M
Marta
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Also available here!

I don’t think I was keeping high expectations for this one, but, unfortunately, The Delinquent Crown was kind of a disappointment. It fell into every possible troop: there are two siblings, Nick and Miri, and of course, they’re orphans. As usual, they know nothing of their biological parents, and while one of them is fine with that, the other keeps incessantly looking for clues everywhere. Obviously, they gotta find out they’re from a magical world, find a clue that leads the
Veronica ( moon & coffee. )
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young readers, middle grade readers
C+ | Although the premise was interesting and I did enjoy it overall, the book was too fast-paced and incredibly underdeveloped. Concepts were there, just not fleshed out enough, which was quite frustrating because there is a lot of potential . While there is conflict, things were resolved too quickly or simply brushed off rather than explored.

Sydney contacted me via my blog — moon & coffee. — asking if I would be willing to read and review her book in exchange for a copy. Now, I love me som
M.G. Darwish
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was definitely not my usual read. But I've been wanting to delve into the Sci-fi genre for a while now, and when the opportunity came to get an ARC for this, I jumped on it -and boy was I glad I did. This story, although not as "dark" as my usual reads -don't judge me- definitely offered a great world, with a solid plot and enough intrigue to keep me reading throughout.

It took me out from a long reading-slumber, and for that I am grateful. This should've been an easy 5 star, however, there
tia
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
ARC received in exchange for an honest review, thank you Sydney Faith!

The Delinquent Crown is a very fast paced YA fantasy book, with a beautiful magical world that I just couldn’t help but get sucked into!

Nick and Miri are siblings, searching for their parents who abandoned them in a field when they were just children. Miri is obsessed with finding her mother and father, but instead the siblings find a portal to a magical world. The world building in this book was done very well, I could liter
Nicole
is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2019

• Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Sound of Stars
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Saint X
  • Lady Hotspur
  • Echoes Between Us
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • King of Scars (King of Scars Duology, #1)
  • The Darkest Bloom (Shadowscent, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • I Love You So Mochi
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Sawkill Girls
  • Esme's Gift (Esme Series #2)
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
Sydney Faith is a young adult author who, after a lifetime of living in her make-believe worlds, decided to start sharing them at 17 in the form of books.
When she’s not writing, Sydney enjoys creating YouTube videos about writing and books, baking and eating chocolate chip cookies, and thinking about writing.
As a Midwesterner, you’ll find Sydney pointing out cows on road trips, enjoying the state