Start by marking “A Life Without Water” as Want to Read:
A Life Without Water

A Life Without Water

Published August 13th 2019 by Pink Sand Press

To ask other readers questions about A Life Without Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Without Water

Start your review of A Life Without Water
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I shed so many tears with this one. You better have your emotions in the right place before reading this amazing story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to say upfront I was afraid to read this book. I knew it was going to be a heartbreaker and I was not wrong. Tears would literally pour from my eyes. I had to stop reading it several times. But I also had to continue!

This story is every persons nightmare. I was shocked at John. My heart broke for Carol/Caroline. I could not even fathom doing what
Wendy
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019, aug-19
A Life Without Water is my first novel by Marci Bolden.
John and Carol reunite twenty four years after losing their child. Their reuniting is quite unique and takes us on a intense roller coaster ride of raw emotions.
A truly emotional story about love, loss and forgiveness.

Thank you to NetGalley and Pink Sand Press for an arc of this novel in exchange for my honest review.
Adele Shea
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a bit lost for words after reading this book. I certainly was not expecting to be crying so much at the end.
You can feel the loss that Caroline suffered with every page that is turned. I could also feel the pain that John was going through.
How far would you go to help someone that ruined your life? Can you truly forgive?
Deb
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Paula Reyes Wagner
First I want to thank Netgalley for providing me wth this ebook.

This was an intense journey.
Carol is recently a widow and has a past she wants to forget, and she has managed to do that until now, that her ex husband showed up from nowhere to bring all those memories back and she's forced to confront what she has dreaded for 24 years.

I had an idea of what I would find in this story, but it was more than a I thought. It's narrated from Carol/Caroline's POV, and we get to know pieces of her past
Jessi Palandrani
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I could not put it down. It’s a sad yet heartwarming story.
Magda Fourie Brink
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc, books-2019
I enjoyed this book very much. From the get go you are immerged into Carol's world and you become part of her life. The story kept playing with my emotions, I switched my allegiance so many times.
Although the end was no surprise, it still made me cry.
What a wonderful journey.
Edna
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol Denman divorced her husband over twenty years ago and has never looked back. But on the day before their daughter’s thirtieth birthday, John barges back into Carol’s life with a request that threatens the fragile stability she has built. John Bowman is sick. Very sick. While he still can, he has some amends to make and some promises to fulfill. But to do that, he not only needs his ex-wife’s agreement…he needs her. With the past hovering between them like a ghost, Carol and John embark on ...more
Jenny
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story of loss and forgiveness. Trigger warning (view spoiler) ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this book from cover to cover and never felt connected to it, either through the characters or the storyline. I don't understand exactly why, but that's the way I feel.

Thank you to NetGalley and Pink Sand Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Jacqueline Allan
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sincere thank you to the publisher, author and Netgalley for providing me an ebook copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I enjoyed this story very much and felt like I knew each character personally due to the description of them. I enjoyed the storyline. This is not my usual genre but in this instance I am extremely pleased and grateful for opening up my mind to something totally different. Thanks again.
anna marie s
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very emotional read about hated, love, and loss.
Carol
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of emotions anger, laughter, love, forgiveness & sorrow.
Beautifully written.
Ella Sharp
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve shed a lot of tears reading this book. What a heart wrenching story.
Heather O'connor-roskopf
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Life Without Water....such a healing story for me to read. I lost my son in Nov 2014. He was physically and mentally handicapped. I can remember the day after he passed having the most difficult decision to bury him or cremate. I decided to cremate him so I could spread his ashes to all of the beautiful places that he never had an opportunity to travel to. Frankie is now in 6 different states and 5 National Parks. I will be visiting Joshua National Park in April to spread some of his ashes and ...more
Laura Gilmore
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Life Without Water is hands down the best book I have read in years. This book pulled me in from the very beginning, took me on an emotional roller coaster and caused me to shed many tears. I fell in love with the characters Carol and John and couldn’t wait to see how their story unfolded. I eagerly read wanting to understand why things are the way they are between them. John is a character I loved to hate but yet rooted for him along the way. Carol is such a strong woman who is also so ...more
Terri
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This book really packed a punch! It is the (highly) emotional tale of a woman who has lost so much in her life, but without realizing it, is taking steps that will give back to her and put her back on the trail of the living. Carol and John may have divorced over 20 years ago, but the journey they take together to spread their dead daughter's ashes is rich with love as well as with regrets and hurts.
This was my first book by Marci Bolden and I was unprepared for it. After reading it, as my
Cheryl Sokoloff
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carol Denman has not seen or heard from her ex husband, John Bowman in twenty four years, when suddenly he appears in her office requesting her help. He arrives at Carol's office, unexpected, on the day before their daughter's thirtieth birthday, which is significant. The details of what happened all those years ago between Carol, aka Caroline, and John are revealed very slowly, chapter by excruciating chapter, until the very end, a slow but compelling burn. This is Carol's and John's journey ...more
Alyson Larrabee
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Amateurish, cliche filled writing. Limited character development. Predicable plot. I also found the author’s descriptions of grief to be emotionally manipulative. I read most of it, then skimmed to the end, only because my book club chose it for this month. I really like the women in my club and respect that some genres aren’t for everyone. Maybe you just need to be a certain type of reader who likes this particular genre. Not my cup of tea, though.
PS.
I'm writing this part after the book club
ROBIN RUIZ
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
24 years after Carol fled her alcoholic husband , he shows up at her office wanting to make peace with her and their daughter.
Carol has so much resentment , anger, dislike towards John and wants him gone ... the twist is John is dying and he wants to make peace with Carol and Carol , even though she doesn’t realize it at first , needs this .

A raw emotional story with characters that are relatable , I don’t know what I would do if I was put into Carols position , what would you do ?
Liz
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Life Without Water by Marci bolden was unexpected read. I had no idea what I was getting into. The story was emotional, touching and heartbreaking. Carol and John have been divorced for over twenty years without any contact. Suddenly he is back and what follows is a very moving story with so many feels. This books covers loss, grief, and forgiveness and was so raw and powerful read.

Happy reading!
Booked-up22
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness. This book had me sucked in from the beginning. A well written, heartbreaking book about forgiveness, and finding peace amidst a tragedy that no parent should face. Get the tissues ready!!! This was a great book. I need a day to recover. . Thanks @Netgalley and @Pinksandpress for the chance to read this ARC. Book releases in Aug 2019 ...more
Bev Keefer
Just finished this book. Could not out it down. Very emotional story about forgiveness. Cried the whole way through the book. The characters were were extremely likeable and human. Told the story of tragedy and how to grieve. Loved this book and will be recommending to others!
Elonda
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read, could not put it down. First time I have ever read this author but will definitely be looking for more of their books.
Sherri Thacker
A very heartbreaking book that grabbed me from the first page. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this book. All opinions are my own. Publication date is set for August 2019.
Tracie R
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgally
A heartfelt, emotional roller coaster, A Life Without Water is wonderfully written and well delivered. I enjoyed everything about this book and will be recommending.
Loretta Rinzel
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5/5. I had been on the Library WaitList for quite a while waiting for this book. And it was well worth the wait!! Once I started, I couldn’t put it down. The last 100+ pages I read through teary eyes. Such a great story about tragedy, loss, anger, love, and forgiveness. I haven’t read such a touching story in years. This one surpasses all others. I loved the book and highly recommend it.
Carrie Fairbanks herschbach
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give more than 5 stars. So heart wrenching and lovely all at once. There is such power in forgiveness in both the giver and the receiver. I have never cried so much reading a book. I felt like I was right there with this family on their ride. If you read this book have a few boxes of tissues ready and I probably wouldn’t read it in public lol. Loved it!
Carol
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have your box of tissues ready for this one . I really enjoyed this book by Marci Bolden. She crafted a story about tragedy, forgiveness, love, and acceptance. The characters were likable and relatable. ...more
Janet
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was full of emotions! Love, anger, self doubt, happiness, sadness, grief. I couldn’t put it down! I was in tears by the end, but peace and self awareness is how I would describe the final few pages.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Stay
  • My Silent Daughter
  • Regretting You
  • No Time to Say Goodbye
  • Little Girl Leaving: A Novel Based on a True Story
  • We Were Brave
  • Joshua's Prayer (A GOLDEN RIDGE STORY)
  • Dear Edward
  • The Mother I Could Have Been
  • My Christmas Darling
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Seven Days
  • Wildflower Christmas (The Wildflower House #3)
  • The New Husband
  • All About Evie
  • Woman on the Edge
  • Child's Play
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
As a teen, Marci Bolden skipped over young adult books and jumped right into reading romance novels. She never left.

Marci lives in the Midwest with her husband, two teenaged kiddos, and numerous rescue pets. If she had an ounce of will power, Marci would embrace healthy living but until cupcakes and wine are no longer available at the local grocery store, she’ll put that ambition on hold and