Start by marking “The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life

The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life

50,000 copies sold! Cell towers, Wi-fi, 5G: Electricity has shaped the modern world. But how has it affected our health and environment?

Over the last 220 years, society has evolved a universal belief that electricity is 'safe' for humanity and the planet. Scientist and journalist Arthur Firstenberg disrupts this conviction by telling the story of electricity in a way it h
Published March 9th 2020 by Chelsea Green Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Rainbow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Rainbow

Start your review of The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life
Randy
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In TV’s “Better Call Saul” one of the main plot devices is Chuck McGill’s electrical sensitivity. It is so severe that he turns off power to his house and sits in the dark with a reflective blanket wrapped around his shoulders. His illness is so debilitating he is unable to leave the house. When he does there are serious repercussions to his health; to his ability to function. One wonders, watching this show, if electrical sensitivity can be so severe. According to author, researcher and medical ...more
Mark Berger
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book thoroughly researched and clearly written with voluminous footnotes and references.

This book will blow your socks off. What if heart disease, diabetes, anxiety disorders, and obesity were all caused by electricity and the resulting EMFs?

What if all viral pandemics of the last 150 years (including COVID19) were all caused by increased electromagnetic energies bathing us right now?

If these questions interest you, then read this book to get the full explanation and history of electrici
Stacey D Levitt
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book

The citations alone will blow your mind. So much important information. Should be required reading of every government official. I noticed the declines of certain insects and animals. It's not necessarily climate change. But we all need to wake up and change this picture, or one day there will be no life left on this earth
Osiris Walstra
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Undoubtedly the most important book of our times.
Randall Snyder
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The fundamental fluid of existence is electromagnetic. Everything is the product of and subject to electromagnetism, without exception. Arthur Firstenberg has done a good job of presenting a gathering of facts that will likely compel any reader that the missing information about the effects of #electrosmog is even more important to understand than at any time in recorded human history.

The powers that shouldn't be are the controllers of the narrative. It's obvious that discussions related to EMF
Levent Akgerman
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I’ve got to admit that I was a little sceptical about electromagnetic frequency and its effects on human health. Evenmore, I was not aware of the effect of radiowaves that were remitted from Marconi’s towers on Isle of Wight that may have caused hemorraging disease that led to Victoria’s death. The disease of electrical hypersensitivity on humans was examined with in-depth research and effects on psychoanalysis (especially that of anxiety that refuted Freud’s findings), reports of ...more
C.R. Miller
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
There were a few factors that made this book, at times, a struggle for me to read. First, it can get pretty technical, and for someone like myself without a background in science or medicine, it posed the occasional challenge to stay on track and understand the detail of what was being conveyed. Another issue is what I would call “information loading,” where a seemingly exhaustive series of examples were used instead of, say, three good, illustrative ones. In the historical sections it was often ...more
Art
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The subtitle is A History of Electricity and Life and the author elucidates the perils of our increasing use of electricity. Our bodies are electrical but at a weak level. The powerful radiation of modern life interferes with our natural processes causing serious illnesses including anxiety disorders, influenza, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Ben Figueiredo
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an eye opening book. Every one needs to read this to start to see the picture of what we are living with in the modern world. Very thoroughly researched and cited, a deep dive into the research and documentation about the effects of our use of electricity on all biological life and the earth itself.

I’ve already started taking steps to minimize our exposure to harmful EMF.
Jamrs Clark
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly well written and researched book. For someone to keep you gripped and interested on such a topic is impressive. I was fascinated from start to finish and it was incredibly well structured. I am without any doubt that electricity has caused damage to all biological life all over the world and it's only gonna get worse with 5G... This book is a MUST READ for everyone on earth right now!
TheOldWoman&TheSea
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-read type of book. I just devoured the first 270 pages or so.
I did however struggle a bit to get through the last 3 chapters (about 120 pages). I could have done with a little bit less details. They also seemed to be a bit all over the place.
There’s also about 150 pages of references, so definitely a well researched book !

I will read this book again pretty soon.
Catherine Gentry
An exceptionally important book! Should life continue on our planet? We must become aware that all nature is electric and to continue the exponential growth of man made electricity might be jeopardizing our health and all life on our planet.
Kristin Homme
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Great writing -- ample history and context, with a lovely, lyrical style. But the assertion that EMFs are the root of all illness is not supported by the many odd bits of evidence. Gary Taubes thinks sugar is the root of all illness. I think mercury is....
airrunkle
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-reads
The history covered here brings to light many effects of electricity that are not widely known in popular culture. The effect on viruses was particularly eye opening. The implications for our future are disturbing to say the least. Among other things, my wifi is now turned off.
Simeon Mihaylov
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must for every human being. Such a wake up call is rare to be found. I won't spoil the book, just read it and remember to take notes. There is plenty of new study based knowledge.
Only one side effect is impossible to be prevented - you won't touch your phone so often.
Shoaib
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is very amazing. I got a lot of knowledge from this book about the history of electricity. This book help me to write a comprehensive article on https://www.electricityinventor.com/s.... ...more
S
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most important books to read... especially now.
Michael Forrester
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book scared me beyond belief. It was well researched and quite thorough. I hope its nonsense but I can't deny the data. Scary times, friends.
Ann
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book that every person should read — just to be educated about the world around them.
Adam Brockett
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The genocide that nobody questions because we’re tied so tightly to it at this point....
Mohammad Mehdi Dadgostar
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Buy 10 copies of it ! give it to your friends and families !

There is only one problem ,the Author as he said is a vegan or a vegetarian.personally, I don't agree being a vegan can improve the health,I think Keto diet has more potential .
Marius
Sep 16, 2020
Debbie
Apr 23, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Who Moved My Cheese?
  • Next Year in Havana
  • Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy
  • Virus Mania: How The Medical Industry Continually Invents Epidemics, Making Billion Dollar Profits At Our Expense
  • A Fire Sparkling
  • The Contagion Myth: Why Viruses (including "Coronavirus") Are Not the Cause of Disease
  • Plague of Corruption: Restoring Faith in the Promise of Science
  • One Station Away
  • Good-Bye Germ Theory
  • Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption
  • The Sound of Rain (Nicole Foster Thriller #1)
  • The Other