Start by marking “The Wreckage of Us” as Want to Read:
The Wreckage of Us

The Wreckage of Us

Never in a million years did I think it would be Ian Parker who saved me...

I know I should stay away from Ian Parker.

But when my drug-dealing stepdad kicks me out, I have nowhere to go. Squatting in an abandoned shed on Ian’s grandpa’s farm seems like as good a plan as any.

Ian finds me there, of course, and he insists on me moving into his spare room. I should say no,
Published September 8th 2020 by Montlake

Start your review of The Wreckage of Us
Christy
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5+ stars

“EC1BA68D_7DAC_4618_AFE6_51E0F8126062_IMG_8138"/
“The most important things in life, are worth fighting for. No matter what fear says.”

It's no secret that I love every book Brittainy Cherry writes. They're all special to me, but The Wreckage of Us is one of my favorites by her. It was incredibly emotional, had the perfect amount of angst, and so much heart. Honestly, this book was perfect for me and I don't think I could have loved it more.

When Hazel comes to the ranch in her small town for a job, she's not sure if she
Bibi
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
With all due respect, Cherry has once again excluded Black and other POC characters from a book filled with, at minimum, 10 White characters. I honestly can't understand what her motivation is as an author. Is she hoping to appeal to the white audience strictly or is it a manifestation of self-hate or plain old avarice?

Meanwhile, the story has a derived plot about a small-town rock group lead singer who finds fame in Hollywood while the heroine supports him emotionally from their rural home tow
Chelsea Humphrey
"I don't know you enough to hate you. I just don't like what you stand for-the memory of what happened to my parents."

LORD. Brittainy Cherry knows how to pack a punch; she brings the heat and emotions like no one else, and The Wreckage of Us is her best love story to date. This coming-of-age/missed connections style tale worked so well for me, not only due to the perfect build up between Ian and Hazel, but the inclusion of realistic hardships that the characters face, both as a couple and separa
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
A
'THE WRECKAGE OF US' Is a full length romance novel by Brittainy C. Cherry. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

This book was exactly what I expected from Brittainy Cherry, she throws her whole being into her books and it shows from the story development to the characters themselves, making it a believably raw, realistic, no frills, slow burn romance that kick started my heart and made me believe in fairy tale love again.

Welcome to Eres a small town located in Nebraska. Where drugs run rife
chan ☆
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
i have got to stop picking up singer/song writer books

it is the RARE book that gets me to care about celebrities and musicians and this one kind of missed the mark. which is sad because the hero in this book, the musician, was not a complete tortured dick like most authors try to make their heroes for this particular trope.

this was just so painfully basic. it wasn't an awful read it was just boring. 2 kids with troubled pasts. heroine gets kicked out by drug addicted mom & awful step dad and go
Nilufer Ozmekik
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Applause ladies and gentlemen! Brittainy C. Cherry stole our hearts one more time!She knows how to play tunes with the strings of readers’ heart!

I cried. I smiled. I cried more. I ached.I hurt. I cared. I sighed.

Ms. Cherry is a soul whisperer directly talks to your heart, pushing out your mixed emotions, healing your wounded feelings gently, making you whole again.

Haze and Ian are beautiful souls. Such an amazing lovers, friends, growing on you, making you chant for their true love and happin
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was enjoyable, but I’m not going to be adding this to my favorites shelf. I think I might’ve expected to feel more because it is Ms. Cherry! She always seems to get me to feel something!! While I sympathized with these two and felt their connection to each other, I didn’t really get emotional at all about their story. Dang expectations. Oh well, it was enjoyable anyways.

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Hazel and Ian’s story. Hazel needs to make money to g
Sheyla ✎

I would say that the blurb (which I just read) is deceiving. When Ian Parker and Hazel meet, sparks are NOT flying. Or maybe they are but mostly in anger.

Hazel is trying to plan for a future. Her mother is a drug addict and her husband, Charley, is the dealer. A big-time dealer who can be quite abusive too. Hazel's plan is to start working and to earn enough money to move her mom, who is expecting a child, and herself to a new place to live together. She applies for work at Ian's grandparent
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Until forever' Stars!
ARC provided by the the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The Wreckage of Us has been such a delightful surprise. I’ve always heard amazing things about Brittainy C. Cherry but never had the chance to read any of her books. So yes, this was my first book from hers and now I can assure you this will not be my last. Thank you Montlake for giving me the opportunity to love this book and fall for Brittainy’s writing, it was such an amazing read. Angst, emotions, se
Antonella
I couldn't connect with these characters to care about the storyline at all.
There is something missing for me. I usually enjoy Brittainey's books, but this wasn't for me.
2,5 stars
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/ Montlake)

71331179_41D3_4B27_A09A_9EACC38EDA08

Hazel Stone is eighteen, and lives in the small town of Eres, Nebraska where she has been through hard times, and not had an easy life. She cares about others, and tries to do the right thing, but still felt overlooked, overwhelmed, lost, and desperately wanted to escape the world she lived in. She wanted to one day leave this town and truly live. She wasn't sure what her future would hold, but she knew she wanted more. Then she's shown kindness by
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: Small Town Romance, Rock Star Romance
RATING: 5 STARS
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Confession time: Before The Wreckage of Us I've never read a book by Brittainy Cherry (although I do have many of them sitting patiently on my Kindle). I'm so glad I squeezed this one into my schedule - it was so worth it. This book was a kick in the feels and had so m
warhawke
Genre: New Adult Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:
3.75 Stars

All her life Hazel Stone never knew the security and comfort of a safe home. Determined to change her life, she worked hard on the farm owned by the town’s rockstar Ian Parker’s family. But he didn’t make it easy for her life or her heart.

This book was definitely different from the author’s usual works. It was younger, lighter, and funnier. I loved the first haft if the book but as I feared it reached the point w
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

HAZEL & IAN.

We're in a small Nebraska town.
(Why does that sound like the beginning of a Richard Marx song? 🤔)

There are lots of drugs in this town and only one big ranch where people can still find work.

Big Paw's Ranch. That's where 18 year old Hazel is asking for a job as a ranch hand. She needs the money! Her mom is pregnant from her drug-dealing idiot of a boyfriend and nobody seems to care about the baby ... Hazel wants to make sure her mom's taken care of.

Big Paw's grandson Ian is Hazel's ne
Ceara
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was ok

“If we do this, we can’t pretend we aren’t a thing, Hazel,” he warned. “If I slide into you, you’re mine.” “And you’re mine,” I breathed against his lips, placing my hands on his chest. “You’re mine.” Truth was, he’d always been mine. I’d just been waiting for the day when I was his too.

Same old shit. Virgin h, manwhore H. She walks in on him getting a blow job from OW. He continues to bring home girls after she moves in with him.
Andrea Fleury
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was awesome amazing wonderful. My number 1 favorite book of this year. So sad I cried afew times. The depth of this book is hard to pinpoint. The flow was unbelievably wonderful. I couldn't put it down. words wouldn't do it justice. The characters were so rich and strong. The love out of this world. ...more
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200831_191929.png

The Wreckage of Us was a slow burn lasting romance that a few ups and downs but left you with a feeling of hope and purpose. Tow people who had more in common than they initially thought, brought together by a terrible circumstance that bonded them in more ways than one.

Hazel has never had the best upbringing but she has always managed to get by for the sake of her mother despite the fact that it should have been the other way around. Now in desperate need of a job to help her mom, Hazel begins
"Avonna
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

THE WRECKAGE OF US by Brittainy Cherry is a contemporary romance which has the H/h in the New Adult age range, but they have been through so much even before they meet that it feels as if they are older as you fall into their well written story by this new to me author.

Hazel Stone lives with an abusive drug dealer step-father and an addicted mother until her eighteenth year when they kick her out. It is a good thing she was hired r
FMABookReviews
❝If darkness was a person, it would be Hazel Stone.❞

Let’s be honest, the romance world is oversaturated, and new authors are pumping out books every second. It’s impossible to read them all. It’s even impossible (for me) to read all the books from authors that I like and even love. With that said, I hate to admit it’s been a while since I’ve read a book by Brittainy C. Cherry. I’m beating myself up for that right now. And even though I’ve loved all of her books that I’ve read, The Wreckage o
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
If there’s a guaranteed way to get me to wrap my heart completely around a book? Brittainy Cherry seems to have dialed right into it. These books – richly layered, filled with complicated emotions, walking the line between heartbreak and joy – man, I will fall for these books every single time. And, indeed, I have. Because The Wreckage of Us was just fantastic!

This is a rockstar romance, but not in the way you’ve ever experienced before. It’s a small town romance, but tinged with darkness. It do
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

“Our love song isn’t over. We’re just getting to the chorus, and I’m going to sing for you, for us, until forever.”

A sweet read could have been more on the music end but overall enjoyable.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
“I’d give you every lyric that was inside of me to make your dreams come true, Ian.”

This was a beautiful story, I didn't expect anything less from Brittainy C. Cherry.Her stories are always a nice surprise for me!Love her writing and her characters are so unique.

Hazel and Ian have some sweet and cute moments.They have such a great banter they make me smile!

"You've been my light, my muse, my inspiration. Haze...you are every star in the sky. You are my galaxy."

This is a small town romance with s
Lo Bookfrantic

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  New Adult Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person - Dual

”He stared as if he was trying to uncover my secrets, and I looked at him the same way, as if I were trying to tap into the words Ian often left and never showcased.”

Hazel Stone was living in fear and terror every day, she was bound to remove herself from that life that her mother had brought her in. She knew that having a solid job and fix income will help her make that

Pick a Book
4,5 stars

Everytime. Everytime I pick up a book written by Brittainy Cherry I feel like this one is gonna be amazing. And I'm right everytime.

The story takes place in a small town where Ian works with his grandparents but dreams to be successful with his band. And Hazel didn't grow up in a good environment and just wants to work and save money to get out of that town. Both have to work together and they don't get along at first sight. But we slowly get to know each of them and discover that that
The Avid Reader
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I waited so loooong for this book to come out that when I finally got it, I wanted to break into a happy dance.

To begin with, lately, I had been getting this feeling that all of Brittany C. Cherry's revolve around common and recurring themes like someone passing away in the book, similar characters who have dealt with being given shitty cards throughout their lives, and so on. But this book was different than the other books in the sense of its writing style.

I think we all can agree that Britta
MarvelUsReads
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
(4.2 Stars)

The Wreckage Of Us was not only an escape, but a collection of moments and words that simply moved us. Brittainy Cherry’s novels are more than just a tale, they are a thought provoking experience. Though there were many take-aways, for us, The Wreckage Of Us is a beautiful reminder of the importance of kindness and the impact it can have on another’s life. For full review: www.marvelusreads.com .
Dianne
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

A river of angst, a mountain of hateful actions, a young woman struggling not to drown in the sewer that is her life and a young man who unknowingly keeps pushing her head under water. Brittainy C. Cherry’s New Adult dark romance, THE WRECKAGE OF US is a story of strength and perseverance against all odds, a selfish and blind sheep holding on to the “guilt by association” grudge and learning the difference between lies and the truth.

No one knew what Hazel’s life was like, she
naz
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this was painfully underwhelming
Alayna
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"This woman controls my heartbeats. Every love lyric I sing each night is made for her. Every melody chases her heartbeat, and every chorus begs for her love."

"Hazel Stone had changed me. She'd showed me what ultimate strenght looked like. She'd showed me unconditional love, and I hoped to do same for her for the rest of our lives. As we lay there inside the shed lookking up at the sky, I felt a fullness wash over me. Hazel Stone was my vest friend, my darling, my melody, my song. And damn...
Sentranced Jem
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2020
I’ve always loved Brittany C. Cherry’s books. For me, she always writes books that are heartfelt and they always pack a punch.
The Wreckage of Us is a wonderful book…some of the lines in this book are truly magical.

I am a sucker for an enemies to lovers kinda of book and this one hit the nail. The Wreckage of Us has everything I wanted in a contemporary romance book.

Enemies to lovers? ✔
Small town romance? ✔
Rockstar romance? ✔
Family drama? Double ✔

The Wreckage of Us by Brittany C. Cherry is roma
Some Like It Hot!: The Wreckage of Us by Brittainy Cherry 3 22 Sep 01, 2020 06:24PM

• Dark Fairy Tales
  • The Pool Boy (Nashville Neighborhood, #2)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • The Cheerleaders
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Out of Love
  • The Roommate
  • Dead Pretty
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The F List
  • Playing with Fire
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
  • Hush
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island, #1)
See top shelves…

Related Articles

“Such a softness fell over her as she looked my way. "Ian?"

"Yeah?"

"Drunk Hazel likes you a lot."

I snickered. "Let's work on getting sober Hazel to like me too."

"That's easy enough." She yawned in my face, not bothering to cover her mouth. "Just say hi to me sometimes, and it helps if you take off your shirt too.”
5 likes
This woman controls my heartbeats. Every love lyric I sing each night is made for her. Every melody chases her heartbeat, and every chorus begs for her love. It has been brought to my attention that a few people on my management team have chosen to approach the love of my life and tell her that she wasn't good for my image. Due to her looks and the past she had no say in creating, they said she wasn't good enough. It's true, we grew up in the same town, but that didn't mean our home lives were built on the same steady foundation. I was blessed enough to never know struggle. This girl had to fight tooth and nail for everything she was given. She sacrificed her own youth, because she didn't want her little sister to go into the foster system. She gave up love, in order for me to go chase my dreams. She gives and gives in order to make others happy, because that's the person she is.

She's the most beautiful human being alive, and for anyone--especially people who are supposed to be in my corner--to say differently disgusts me to my core. I am not a robot. I hurt, I ache, I love, and I cry. And it breaks me to live in a world where I have to be afraid of showing who I really am in order to gain followers.

So if you don't like this fact--that I am not single and that I am hopelessly in love--then that's fine. If I lose fans over this, I'm okay with that. I will make every sacrifice in the world from this point on in order to give my love fully to the woman who has given more than she ever should've had to give. I love you, Haze. From the new moon to the fullest. From now until forever.
5 likes