Start by marking “Silent Scream” as Want to Read:
Silent Scream

Silent Scream

It was a time of innocence, a time of hippies, flower children and the Age of Aquarius. A time when young people felt free to roam about the countryside hitchhiking without fear. A time when law enforcement was trusted by the people they were sworn to protect and serve.
That time was shattered by one of law enforcements own. His name was Gerard Schaefer. He was a former W
Print and Download, 427 pages
Published October 8th 2008 by Lulu (first published September 28th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Silent Scream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Scream

Violet Curtis
Jan 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
I cannot believe than any publishing house put this book out. It must have been self published.
The spelling is awful, the grammar is worse, syntax from another planet. The type fonts look like the book was decorated by a 6 year old fingerpainting.

I do not think anyone ever edited it. Looks like it was typed via free association.

The story line would be fine, a good history of happenings. Even is organized OK.

But for example: it is difficult to read even one chapter when a character is called Rive
Ann Keller
Dec 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-drama
I finished Silent Scream in one day and I can honestly say it is one of the most incredible, frightening and compelling books I've ever read. When I picked up Silent Scream this morning, I paged through it from the back to the front, and a certain face struck me. I stared at that picture and got chilled. The boyish looks of this man were at war with his eyes. I've heard that the eyes are the windows of your soul. For Schaefer, I guess this was true. His eyes bothered me. I raised the book up, sa ...more
Yvonne Mason
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book. This book is as much of Florida History as the settling of Florida. This book is a must read. Just so all of you will know This book is being made into a documentary for The Investigation Discovery Channel it will appear on the Show Most Evil. We are in pre-production now. I will post more as time goe
Margaret
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Ms Mason that I read. I cried for the victims and their families. The descriptions of locations was excellent - you felt like you were there. You also got insight into the determination of law enforcement to catch a killer.
Jennifer Chase
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Silent Scream takes you from the beginning to the end of serial killer Gerard Schaefer’s horrendous killing spree and then through the myriad of complexities in the criminal justice system. I was literally glued to this book! This book is disturbing, but I still found that I couldn’t put it down. But what’s even more disturbing is that the serial killer was a police officer who used his badge and gun to terrorize, torture, and kill young women in Florida between 1966-1972.

Books that involve ser
Martha Cheves
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read true crime. I have always felt that as long as the characters aren't real it doesn't affect you as much. I started reading Silent Scream a few nights ago and I have to say this is a story about one really evil man and I'm only about 1/5 of the way through the book. You read about this type in fiction but when you realize this is the real thing it brings home reality and reality is scary.

I'm feeling a little let down. I've just finished Silent Scream and didn't want it to en
Lesa Trapp
Dec 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best books I have read this year. A real page turner. Once you read it you will sit back and think about everything that happened in this book happened. Then you will have a streak of fear run through your spine. One book everyone who reads murder mysterys or detective novels should read. Also every author should read it as well. The serial killer Gerard Shaffer has 10 serial killers in him. It is just amazing this man was a teacher and law enforcement. Makes you wonder. ...more
S.A. McCafferty
Ali
rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2016
Yvonne Mason
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Watkins
Jan 28, 2012
Kariel Atreyu
Apr 16, 2009
Jade
Sep 04, 2012
Nospin
rated it did not like it
May 08, 2014
Cat
Jan 05, 2012
Quotes From Author by Yvonne Mason

“What you Don't Know About ME

Background: The eldest of five children, Yvonne was born May 17, 1951 in Atlanta, Georgia. Raised in East Point, Georgia, she resided there until 1970. Then moved to North Georgia, In 2006 she moved to Port St. Lucie, Florida where she currently makes her home. Licensed bounty hunter for the state of Georgia.

Education: After a 34 year