Start by marking “Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)” as Want to Read:
Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)

Sword-Sworn

(Tiger and Del #6)

Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del)
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published February 4th 2003 by DAW (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sword-Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sword-Sworn

Start your review of Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)
Mayim de Vries
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
“There are times when certain oaths must be broken, if to keep them breaks oaths you have made to others.”

I know what you think: Only the most dedicated fans make it that far. It is true, especially that initially Sword-Sworn was meant to be the final instalment in the tales of Tiger and Del. And the book has a definite ambiance of things coming to an end. At least at the beginning.

Tiger returns to the South where he carries a death sentence on his head. He is forsworn. He also comes back becaus
Derek Miller
Jun 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Because there's no place to review a series, I will use this space to do so. It's the last book, I figure if you're reading this, you've read the first 5, and I won't spoil anything. If you're reading this without having read the first 5, hopefully this convinces you!

For a relatively unknown fantasy author, Jennifer Roberson really has a beautiful series here. She writes first person from a male's perspective, which might leave one dubious (I certainly was) when you first begin reading, but eve

Welwyn Wilton Katz
Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a fine ending (so far?) to a fine series. I do remember this plot much better than the earlier ones, and so I think, given the continuing quality coming to this good ending, I am pleased to give this book a full five stars. I will miss the two characters. They are still in my mind as I think back a couple of years. Jennifer Roberson's talent keeps on growing and I can only hope that it continues to manifest itself so positively.
Camille Siddartha
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cried at the end of the book, because the ending was so powerful. His wife just had a baby and the best swordsman came to kill him and he nearly lost. In the end he won. Great read
Shaitarn
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Back home in the south, Tiger and Del must keep alert to stay one step ahead of the sword-dancers who want to avenge the insult to their honour by killing Tiger. Tormented by dreams and the flowering of his long-dormant magical powers, Tiger had other problems of his own.

I love these books; Tiger and Del are a great couple of well-realised, thoroughly fleshed out characters and it's good to see them back in the south. Deducted one star because it wasn't perfect, but very, very good and although
Mike Isble
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I might have stayed up a bit late to finish this one but there was no chance of me putting it down without knowing how it ended! 🤣
Tara Bittner
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Listed as last novel. There is one more.
Scott Pare
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too much repetition of things said in the past 5 books - OVER AND OVER.

Not a lot of plot development.

I would rather have had book 5 as the ending than have had book 6.
secondwomn
Jun 16, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2007, fiction, reread, sff, 2013
reread Oct 2013

my original rating was 2 stars, on a re-read i'd give it 2.5 and am bumping up to three since GR doesn't allow half-stars. the huge flaw of this book is that it only exists to tie up loose ends, and that hasn't changed. but credit to roberson for finding ways to make believable characters change in interesting ways despite a somewhat soap opera-ish plot.

---
read the first few books in this series way back in, i don't know, maybe middle school. i've reread the early ones since a few
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was the supposed end to this epic fantasy series but I am THRILLED we have another one and I can't wait to start! This book wrapped things up nicely but definitely left some things open for the future and I can't wait to see where things go. I am SO happy with how Tiger and Del ended up, couldn't have asked for a better ending. And Tiger was hilarious as ever with his explorations of his baby! I also loved the growth of these characters throughout the series. Del especially really surprised ...more
Kristy Halseth
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I reread the first books, not all were out in ebook format yet. So I stopped at book 5. I discovered that 6 and 7 were out at the end of the year. So I downloaded and started reading.

They were wonderful. The characters have grown a bit, but the writing seems as good as the first time I picked up the first books. The early books hit you over the head with feminism but it didn't seem odd when they were first released. Some people might find it a bit heavy handed if they are starting the book
Theddy Blanc
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
This novel concluded the Sword Dancer Saga between Tiger and Del as they deal with the final trial on a remote Island that Tiger hailed from. Since it’s the final novel, its hard to describe how masterful the blueprint for the story became, but it isn’t hard to notice that Roberson planned so much out so early. She wrote a story with a defined and complex plot, not just typing until her wrist grew tired. Additionally, the subject matter made the reader grow so much closer to Tiger as we soon gre ...more
Millerbug
Aug 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I truely enjoyed this book and the series. Although I read the earlier books years ago and forgot some of the details, so I'm going to re-read them. This was definitely a great ending to a fun and great series. There were parts that made me cry, especially reading the forward, talking about how the author's mother had passed away, and this book had a lot to do with family, and family bonds. There are a few surprises, but some are easy to figure out. Others keep you guessing. I laughed a lot and ...more
Michelle
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this series many, many years ago and just re-read the series to get to the newest of the novels. Over all I love this series because it has two strong female/male leads that you both want to love and shake throughout the series. Both of them make stupid mistakes, but then that is human. They love each other but are not willing to give up their sense of self to be a couple which is all too rare in love stories. Roberson built an interesting world here.
Kara
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I accidentally read book 7 before book 6, so I knew what was going to happen, but it was still fun to see how the plot spun out.

The best part was, Tiger, world’s best swordfighter, gets himself kidnapped (again!) and is put into a forced cage match situation. The fight was, hands down, the best part of the book as he proves to everyone, including himself, that he may have been a bit battered and knocked about by the fates or what have you, but he can still bring it in the circle.
Jeanne
Aug 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I thought this series died down towards the end and became a bit bland and unexciting. The ending although nice, was also predictable. I also thought poor Del lost some of her strength in her character towards the end of this series as well which disappointed me. I still loved both Del and Tiger though throughout the whole series which is why I kept reading.
Robyn S.
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Robyn by: My dad
This is possibly one of the best books in the Sword-Dancer series. It kept me on my toes and wanting more. I could hardly put it down to get sleep at night. I absolutely loved everything about it and I loved comparing how Tiger and Del's characters have grown and changed since the first in Jennifer Roberson's amazing series.
Aerinannearthur
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My rating is for the series as a whole. The series is more than the sum of the books. Over the course of the books, you see Tiger and Del both grow so much as characters. I especially appreciated Tiger's sense of humor and charm. The first person perspective from Tiger added so much to the storytelling.
Mandy
Feb 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Roberson is one of my favorite unknown authors. I have read many of her books and enjoyed reading the entire Sword Dancer series this time. If you like Robin hood and Maid Marian stories read "lady of the forest".
Arlene
May 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It has the best sword fight scenes I've ever read. Tiger has this dry sense of humor and is very much the opposite of Del, who is very serious and reserve but what they have in common is the magic and talent they share in a sword-dance.
I read the whole 6 books in a row! A really great read.
Damian
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just as a note, this is one of the first series I've read as a child, and they hold a special place in my heart, so I can't objectively rate them. I've reread the series as an adult and still enjoy them, however.
Marlena Mason
Sep 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myfaves
you know...i was slightly disappointed with the ending...i mean , it's a nice way to tie up loose ends, but....damnit...argh in some points.
Samuel
Mar 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great book to end the series with. I enjoyed it as much as the first book. Slow to start, but picks up all the way till the end. A recommended series for anyone who has some time to kill...
Jo
The ending made me happy. Unfortunately, I'm just a mushy girl on the inside. But if anyone asks, I never admitted it.
Alex
Apr 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
I dare you not to love these characters. Awesome story.
Sword-Sworn (Tiger and Del) by Jennifer Roberson (2003)
Matt
Jun 01, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-buy
I read the rest of the series in less than a week and only stopped because I could not find this one.
Rachael
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I like this one better now. No more confusing magic that isn't explained.
Pat
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Tiger and Del are my favorite fantasy duo, as the characters actually develop over the range of the series. I very much enjoyed the entire series, and this book was a fitting end.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
Sword-Sworn (Tiger & Del, #6)
Roberson, Jennifer
the continuing story of tiger and del they are older and more experienced but they found that they have not faced their biggest challenge yet.
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Sword-Sworn [Feb 2018] 34 37 Feb 13, 2018 07:24AM

• The Neverland Wars (The Neverland Wars, #1)
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 2 (Otakoi: Otaku Can't Fall in Love?!)
  • Snowmen and Sorcery (Spellbinder Bay Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series 4)
  • The Borderland
  • Raging Seas (A Rowan Gray Mystery, #9)
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 3
  • Southern Wishes (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #14)
  • Mirror Mage (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress, #2)
  • Stolen Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #3)
  • Eternal Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #4)
  • Infinite Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress, #5)
  • Demon Magic (Dragon's Gift: The Seeker, #2)
  • Dragon's Gift: The Huntress Complete Series (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress #1-5)
  • The Blue Sword (Damar, #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil A Rún, Volume 7 (The Girl from the Other Side, #7)
  • 約束のネバーランド 13 [Yakusoku no Neverland 13]
  • Three Bags Full
Jennifer Roberson has a BS in journalism with extended majors in British history and anthropology.  Hobbies include showing dogs, and creating mosaic artwork and jewelry.  She lives in Arizona with a collection of cats and Cardigan Welsh Corgis.

Tiger and Del (7 books)
  • Sword-Dancer (Tiger and Del, #1)
  • Sword-Singer (Tiger and Del, #2)
  • Sword-Maker (Tiger and Del, #3)
  • Sword-Breaker (Tiger and Del, #4)
  • Sword-Born (Tiger and Del, #5)
  • Sword-Bound (Tiger & Del, #7)