Start by marking “Spencer and the Younger Girl (Gulf City High Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Spencer and the Younger Girl (Gulf City High Book 3)

Spencer and the Younger Girl

(Gulf City High #3)

Rule #1 of falling for the younger girl: Dont let her know.

Even though Hadley Gibson seems to know everything.

Returning home after years away isnt supposed to be easy, but Spencer Lee never imagined it would hurt so much. When he left, he didnt expect to come back, but one email from his little brother has him running to the family ranch where hard work is an

Published March 6th 2020 by Twin Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Spencer and the Younger Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spencer and the Younger Girl

Start your review of Spencer and the Younger Girl (Gulf City High Book 3)
Rach
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Gulf High series.

We have met Hayley in the previous books she is Charlotte's best friend and Spencer is Damien older brother who left after his high school graduation to go travelling.

Spencer and Hayley first meet when Hayley and the gang are planning a prank on their school which involves goat (Spencer and Damien parents own a ranch). The sparks fly between them right away.

I loved Hayley's character, she is bubbly character and she cares about the people around
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
*I received an early copy from the author. This does not affect my review.*

I was excited for this one, though one thing...That title still makes me cringe! Lol, I knew that the 'age-gap' between the two wasn't really a lot, just the timing mostly as they were in school together for a while, but had I not known, it would have made picking this on up more of a struggle. As it was, I couldn't wait to see their story, and it is another wonderful addition to this series! We met Hayley a little in the
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book via the author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

What a sweet read! Spencer and the Younger Girl by Michelle MacQueen is the third book in her series Gulf City High, and my favorite of the series so far. I know what youre thinking. Didnt I say that last book? Well, yes I did 😀 But yall its so good. Each book in this series tops the last! In this installment of the standalone series, we meet Spencer Lee, Damiens older and
Angela's Book Addiction
Spencer and the Younger Girl by Michelle MacQueen is a contemporary young adult romance told in third person, dual POV. It's the third book in the Gulf City High series and can be read as a standalone.

Hadley will soon graduate high school and wants to leave her mark by pulling off an epic senior prank involving goats. When things go amiss, she's suspended and tasked with working at the Lee ranch with her friend Damien's grumpy, hot, older brother.

After three years away with no contact with his
Jessica Landberg
I didn't think it was possible, but this third installment of the Gulf City High series is even better than the first two! So many feelings that I sometimes had to put the book down to catch my breath... Heartbreaking scenes are mixed with humorous ones, a real roller coaster of feelings!

The characters feel so real and it's easy to relate to everything they're going through. Michelle MacQueen also shows that there's no need for a mean antagonist to drive the story along and I really appriciate
Saundra Wright
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third in a series of truly enjoyable romance books, even for nonfans of the genre, like me. I find most of the genre vapid. This writer however creates realistic characters that live in a world with real problems and shows us that sometimes the journey becomes easier when shared.

Spencer left his hometown three years ago on the night that should have been his high school graduation celebration. He had just gone through a trauma and simply fled with hardly a word to anyone. In all this
Vibliophile
(2.5 stars) - Too much angsty melodrama (+ parental caveat)

I had a hard time getting into this one. It was just too much inside Spencer's head. And for all the angst, I was expecting some kind of monumental tragedy, plus the pain of a dysfunctional family, plus his girl done him wrong, etc

But it's a simple tragedy (one that I've suffered thru), an imperfect but loving family, and a fairly natural end to the long time relationship. His disappearance really made no sense psychologically, and his
Regina
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Hadley in the first two books, so I was looking forward to reading her story and also - of course :) - curious about her personal hero. Spencer brings a lot of drama and angst to the table, so Hadley, with her positive and assertive personality, complements him well.
As is par for the course, the story is well written, and I enjoyed reconnecting with the "usual suspects" from the first two books: Charlotte and Jesse, Cassie, and especially Roman, who is definitely one of my
Brittany Smith
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to hand it to Michelle MacQueen- she continues to create a world that you can escape into and know you are in safe hands. This is a HEA book and its one that you can read, unwind and know that all is going to be well and wonderful!

The characters are fleshy and real. You always seem to be able to relate to them on some level. There are laugh out loud moments, goofy grin moments and only slight panic moments of please work out!

As with the previous books we get the main couple characters-in
Lindsy
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one in this series. I pretty much love everything Michelle writes and this one didnt disappoint. I wasnt expecting this story to have such a painful plot.
Starting this story, I wasnt sure who Spencer was and then realized why.
Spencer is Damiens older brother but you havent heard about him before because he hopped on a plane three years ago and just now came back. Spencer is a good guy though. I liked him as a character; hes a great brother, loves horses, and just wants to know
Elysian Fields
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very sweet story with a grand dose of humor. I love this author for her ability to write fun story line, great characters, sweet moments all wrapped up in a realistic package. This story was exactly that. The characters have their issues, they have their own demons and troubles but the way they connect to each other and work through things really makes this story one to read. It is a YA so there is no graphic romance and everything that does happens between the characters is real.

The
MeaQC
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.
I loved this story. We got to catch up with some of the characters from the first 2 books, and got to meet some new characters in this book.
Family is important and with this series, we have seen some good, bad and ugly sides when it comes to family. This book brought a new look at one family (Spencer's) while giving us a closer look into another (Hadley).
The senior prank was epic!!!
Ms. MacQueen did a good job tackling a difficult
Nina Derr
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spencer has just come back to his home town after disappearing three years earlier. And the moment you learn why he left after his high school graduation your heart just breaks for him. I love the works of Michelle MacQueen and this one is no exception. It flows beautifully and you can't help but fall in love with the characters.
Ioana
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love Michelle's writing and the fact that she has such real characters.

Spencer and Hadley, two hurt souls, manage to find and heal themselves with the help of family and friends.

Perfect read for anyone who wants a funny, amazing book to keep them company.
Sara
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic third installment in The Gulf City High series. Spencer is an older boy who returns home after a few years and find himself working on his family's ranch with Hadley, a rich girl who usually spends her time on the beach with friends. There is so much more to both of their stories but I don't want to spoil anything. I loved Hadley in the earlier books and she was even more fun to read about in this one. Can't wait for the next book!
NanaShauna Joesten
An amazing read that kept me captivated from the beginning to the last page. The story flows great as well as the Characters are brought out so well. As I read the scenes are brought out so well I could picture the scenes in my minds eye. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Stacey
Teresa Bertolio
Hilda Etherton

• Dragon Rising
  • Fractured Girl vs Reckless Boy (Forever Love Book 6)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High Book 1)
  • Dare You to Date the Point Guard (Rock Valley High Book 2)
  • The Quarterback and the Ballerina (The Ballerina Academy, #1)
  • Seeking Jake Ryan
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 2)
  • River Gate (The Elements of Kamdaria 5)
  • Lost Girl vs Wounded Boy (Forever Love #5)
  • The Wrong Prom Date (The Wrong Match Book 3)
  • Don't Trash the Heartthrob (Rockford High Book 5)
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 3)
  • Promised by Prom (Squad Goals, #3)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Outcast Girl vs Pretty Boy (Forever Love #4)
  • One of the Girls (Friendzone Book 1)
  • The Nerd & the Quarterback (Jackson High Series, #1)
Writing under the names M. Lynn and Michelle MacQueen, I don't like to put myself in one box. Both fantasy and YA romance suit different sides of the same person and I wouldn't be a complete writer without them both.
Whether it be epic fairytale inspired fantasies or simple stories of first love, I love to write about romance, a feeling of home that can be found in a person rather than a place.
My

Gulf City High (3 books)
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1)
  • Roman and the Hopeless Romantic