Start by marking “The Stand-In Boyfriend (Greyford High, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Stand-In Boyfriend (Greyford High, #5)

The Stand-In Boyfriend

(Greyford High #5)

This year was supposed to be the best of her life, but after finding her boyfriend cheating in front of half of the school, the last thing Jessica Bryant wants is to face her classmates.

Noah Russell still feels ashamed of what he did last year. He isn’t one of the bad guys. So, when he hears people bad-mouthing Jessica, he reacts without thinking.

It was supposed to be ju
Kindle Edition
Published October 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Stand-In Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stand-In Boyfriend

Start your review of The Stand-In Boyfriend (Greyford High, #5)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
So good fake high school romance!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: ❤️💙💜🖤💚
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📕📗📘📙📔
World building: 🌎🌍🌏🌎🌎
Character development: 👤👤👤👤

The setting: Greyford High School

The Hero: Noah – Captain of the football team, he used to have a crush on Evie though Evie was always in love with her best friend and neighbor Liam. Noah dated Evie for a bit and made a mistake by kissing Evie at a party even after she said No. Noah learned his lesson that No means No and Evie forgave
ABookLover73
FIVE CUTE STARS for Jessica and Noah ❤🖤❤🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Wonderfully!

I didn’t expect to love this book so much, but I have to admit that the characters and the story found a special place in my heart.

Anna has written another sweet and warm story that no reader will be able to resist!

"The Stand-In Boyfriend" is a young adult romance with a fake relationship trope.

Jessica is a special female character.

A girl who doesn't want to be the center of attention, but she will show her attitude and say what she th
Anna Doe
Jul 31, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
🏈❤️ The Stand-In Boyfriend is LIVE and FREE with Kindle Unlimited! ❤️ 🏈

Vote Most Anticipated October Romance: https://bit.ly/304d3qu
Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs

Blurb:
Patricia's Book Kingdom
The Stand-In Boyfriend is a really cute, fast-paced installment to the Greyford High series. This one is about Jessy and Noah, characters you would have encountered previously if you have read the other books in the series, and how they unexpectedly found themselves in a fake relationship that slowly turns into something real. It is not necessary to read the previous books - The Strand-In Boyfriend can be read as a standalone.
I've seen her laugh and smile with Evie, but that has never been
SCBookAddict
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Stand-In Boyfriend is the perfect fake relationship / redemption story.

If you've read The Penalty Box, then the name Noah might leave a bitter taste in your mouth. BUT Anna B. Doe gives him another chance to redeem himself but this time it's with Jessy, Evie's best friend.

These two were so much fun to read. Jessy does not give Noah an inch. She's been scorned before and when the lines blur, she doesn't know how to trust Noah.

Noah, bless his heart, gives as good as he gets. I'm so glad he i
Christy Bailey
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick read!

This was a fast paced quick YA read. The storyline was great and it could of possibly been a 5 star read even but I kinda feel like I'm missing information. Who let the car out of the bag so to speak towards the end? I feel that I needed to know who actually let what was going on slip but I was left in the dark. Other than that it was a cute read!
Lenor
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" I lived in the darkness for way too long, and now I found my very own ray of sunshine, I’m planning to keep it forever…”

I loved this book, a fake relationship that turns real?? I’m all in. The stand-In Boyfriend is a really sweet story about Jessica and Noah, two characters we’ve come to love along Greyford High series, and I can happily say that Anna B. Doe has managed once again to make me swoon!!

High school drama is one of the many parts of growing up but being the center of attention of sa
Roselyn Vazquez
Having read The Penalty Box recently,
The Stand-In Boyfriend (Greyford #5) is my second Anna B. Doe Book and I absolutely loved it. Fake relationships is one of my favorite tropes so I was looking forward to reading this book and it did not disappoint. I first met Jessica (Jessy) Bryant and Noah Russell in The Penalty Box). While I loved Jessica's character, I really disliked Noah, but let me tell you that Mr. Noah Russell redeemed himself in the book. I LOVED HIM SO MUCH. I'm not afraid to
Cami
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

The Stand-In Boyfriend is the fifth book of the Greyford High series.⁣

Jessy just caught her boyfriend with one of her teammates, making it all fall apart. Two months later and with the last year of school at sight, her only wish is to go through this without major dramas.⁣

However the small town and the mean girls won’t let that happened and let this die quietly.⁣

Because of a situation at school, Noah thought it would be a good idea to be Jessy’s fake boyfriend until homecoming, when she w
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Fake Romance... Say no more!

A perfect read to take my mind off of everyday life. It was a quick engrossing read that has one of my favorite tropes, Fake Romance.

I haven't read any of the other book in the Greyford High Series so I went in without knowing any of the other characters back stories or what happend in the previous books. Maybe that is why I loved Noah and I have a feeling if I read the other books I wouldn't have loved him as much.

Noah and Jessica's relationship started out as a dec
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
I cannot even begin to tell you just how much I love the Greyford High series and this author knocks it out of the park with The Stand-In Boyfriend. This YA sports romance is a relatively quick read and I was so immersed in the story that I didn't want it to end. Containing the perfect combination of teenage angst and sweetness, this coming of age novel accurately highlights the trials and tribulations of navigating high school, developing friendships, and experiencing dating.

This is a standalo
Brittany (happy.ending.always)
Can I give this more than 5 Stars?!! I wish I could. Get ready to swoon over a couple. Noah and Jessy are wicked couple goals. They start off their relationship faking it, as Jessy’s boyfriend cheats on her right in front of her and the rest of the school (jerk of a guy). When Jessy is at school and is being teased Noah steps in to save her and comes up with the plan to save the day and save Jessy by being her fake boyfriend. But when looks turn into heated stares and touches feel more real then ...more
Summer Ford
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so dang thrilled when I found out that I was going to get a book for Noah. I was so disappointed in his actions in The Penalty Box so I wanted him to be able to redeem himself and boy did he ever! I loved that he was willing to put himself out there to help Jessy save face to all the gossips at school. Jessy had been through enough with her ex and I was was hoping beyond hope that the she and Noah would find their elusive happiness in each other. This novella was a fast read that had tons ...more
J.
Oct 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an early copy of this title from the publisher. This did not affect the content of my review, which contains my honest opinions.

This book is such a sweet and swoon high school romance! The pace is rapid, and the book is a perfect length to immerse yourself in the Greyford High world for a while. I enjoyed Jessy’s character and Noah’s story, and I love the fake dating trope! Definitely grab a copy (and it’s free on KU!) if you enjoy high school romances.
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another cute novella from Ms Doe, I liked Noah a lot more than I expected to and Jessy was a great character.
This has all the usual High School drama... mean girls, gossip and backstabbing. With a knight in shining armour ready to step in and save Jessy.
A quick read with a bit of heat but plenty of heart.
Jasmine
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 ✨
The Stand In Boyfriend was a really cute story. Jessy had hesitations but Noah shut them all down. He refused to let her fight their chemistry. He was far from the bad guy he thought he was. A true sweetheart of a guy who could bring the swoon when he needed to.
Live, Laugh, Love
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fiesty Jessica and a Noah to the rescue. A fake relationship, to stay above the gossip. This story was cute.
it.sgottabethebooks
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love fake relationship books and this one by Anna B. Doe was great. This fast paced read was enjoyable and I adored Jessy and Noah. He was patient with her despite the attitude she threw his way constantly. It was such a cute and quick read.
Momandbooks
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who is ready for a fake relationship that will have you swooning. I absolutely fell in love with Noah from the beginning. You could feel his emotions for Jessica as you read this story. Jessica and Noah story is a fun to read story with great wit and banter.
Just Love books
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was supposed to be her year, the year that she looks back at with fond memories. But that is not the case for Jessica Bryant, not after she comes face to face with her no good boyfriend sucking face with a girl on her own cheer squad! If getting her heart stamped on was not bad enough now people are spreading rumors that she wants to get back with said cheating sleaze bag ex of hers and the people are calling her pathetic. To say this is not the way she planned on starting her senior year w ...more
Justmyfantasyworld
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
• 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘 •

𝗧𝗶𝘁𝗹𝗲: The Stand-In Boyfriend
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿: Anna B. Doe
𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴: ☆☆☆☆ 4.5/5

𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲: 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘣𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸.

What a lovely story this was! Even though, it is your typical enemies to lovers, fake dating romance, the author did keep me entertained and wanting to keep on reading. What I loved the most was the banter between Noah and Jessica. I could feel their connection growing through story. Even though it was a relative “short” story (I love
Becky
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Stand In Boyfriend is a super sweet swoony story about Jessica and Noah. A fake relationship that turns real? Yes please. Unfortunately I've read this before reading the rest of the Greyford high series but you can bet I'm going to dive into all of them after reading this. I'm really intrigued to read the rest. I haven't read many fake relationship books but I can honestly say I really enjoyed this one. I do wish it was longer and had more in it, but that's just me being greedy and wanting m ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To say that Jessica Bryant is hurt and mortified after learning about her boyfriends cheating in front of half the school is a complete understatement. Being the subject of school gossip is not what she needs right now, she wants to heal her broken heart in peace, but they just won't give it a rest. About all she can do is pray that someone else slips up and takes her place as the subject of her high schools gossip mill.

Then one little unexpected kiss changes everything... the day Noah Russell
Adria Flores
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jessica Bryant was ready to take the next step in her relationship with her boyfriend of six months until she witnessed him cheating on her with a cheer mate at a party nearly half the school was attending. Summer has past and Jessy now has to walk the halls of her school feeling humiliated and heartbroken until her knight in shining armor swoops in to save her. Noah is on a mission for redemption. The previous year he did something out of character and that he wasn’t proud of to Jessica’s best ...more
Lucy Joyeux
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book was another masterpiece by Anna! I've read two books by her in a single day and that says a lot.

I don't think I've read an interconnected series before, or maybe have but not one after another. So this one when I opened it and found Jessy and Evie and Liam, I was shocked for a while in a god way.

I loved seeing Evie and Liam reappear in this book, because I loved their story a lot. I was wondering what will happen to Jessy an
Bookiechick  Reviews
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great book in Anna’s Greyford High Series. I was craving something sweet to balance the angsty dark reads of late and this book hit the spot.
A sweet romance following Jessica and Noah as they go through fighting an unexpected chemistry and attraction. The drama and push and pull of them working out their dynamic and perceived feelings for each other in the beginning and to how they develop over their time together was an awesome read.
The characters are awesome. We see some past faves
Crow L.
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
"𝑭𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆"

I know me reading this and haven't read Greyford High Series yet is probably not the way to go...but I promise I will get to them asap! 🙏🏻

I thought this was a cute and sweet romance with Jessica and Noah's journey, from enemies to lovers' story. How they started out into fake dating each other just to control rumors led to something more than they put themselves in.

Jessica had the best going out for her until s
Courtney
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I was so excited to see what this story would hold for us because Noah had some things he needed to redeem himself from and getting to see his softer side was just perfection. Noah is out to redeem himself because he knows what happened between him and Evie was a huge mistake and something that should never have happened. Jessica aka Jessy has been utterly humiliated by her ex who decided to publicly cheat on her and now with a new school year she has to face all the nosey gossips while they ...more
Come_read_with_me_
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much! I have only read one other book within this series, the penalty box and I will definitely be reading the rest.

After reading the penalty box I knew I needed to read this book and I am so happy that it lived up to my expectations.
This is a short story, as I said it is part of a series however it can be read as a standalone. As I read the previous book, I didn't know how I would see Noah, he didn't have a glowing reputation. This book surprised me big time, I ended up LO
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

We met Jessy and Noah in Liam and Evie's story, the two coming together in a story of their own actually surprised me, pleasantly, but still a surprise. Just as summer was coming to a close, Jessy found out that the boyfriend she had was nothing but a cheat. After that she closed herself off and dreaded that first day of school. When it starts off exactly as she predicted it would, she ends up with a shock as Noah steps up and pretends to be her boyfriend. Noah is cla
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pretty Little Savage
  • Hear No Evil (The Society #2)
  • I Promise You
  • Game Changer (#UofJ, #2)
  • Looking to Score (#UofJ, #1)
  • Defy You  (Rebel Ink #3)
  • Bait (B.A.D. Inc #3)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University, #1)
  • The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • Heartbreak You  (Heartbreak Duet, #2)
  • Those Heartless Boys (Saint Clary's University, #1)
  • Indebted (King Crime Family, #1)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Well This Sucks
  • Addicted to Him (The Callahans, #3)
  • Sweeter Than Sin
  • Lyrical (Academy of Stardom, #2)
  • Dare to Play (Dare Nation, #3)
Anna B. Doe is a young adult and new adult contemporary romance author. She writes real-life romance that is equal parts sweet and sexy. She’s a coffee and chocolate addict. Like her characters, she loves those two things dark, sweet and with little extra spice.
When she’s not working for a living or writing her newest book you can find her reading books or binge-watching TV shows. Originally from

Greyford High (8 books)
  • Lines (Greyford High, #1)
  • Habits (Greyford High, #2)
  • Rules (Greyford High, #3)
  • The Penalty Box (Greyford High, #4)
  • THP (Greyford High, #6)
  • TSN (Greyford High, #7)
  • Greyford High Series: (Books 1 - 3)