Start by marking “The Magical Writing Grimoire: Use the Word as Your Wand for Magic, Manifestation & Ritual” as Want to Read:

Part guided journaling practice, part interactive magical grimoire, The Magical Writing Grimoire shows you how to incorporate writing as a magical tool to create healing and amplify spell-casting.

Whenever and wherever you are, word magic is with you. During times of chaos or pain, or simply when you need a cosmic boost, writing can help. In fact, healers, therapists, and
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Fair Winds Press

To ask other readers questions about The Magical Writing Grimoire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magical Writing Grimoire

Start your review of The Magical Writing Grimoire: Use the Word as Your Wand for Magic, Manifestation & Ritual
Natalie
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book ito read n exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is a beautifully thought out and delivered guide to learning to write for healing purposes as well as containing journalling prompts and ritual informations. This is a great book even if your not a fan of or into magick.
I really enjoyed this book and will be using the prompts to journal with too.
ℳacarena
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clearly and thoroughly explained.

The author guides you to learn how to acknowledge and accept your emotions and deepest feelings through writing. Each chapter contains tips and rituals on how to use your writing as a way of channeling those emotions.

I think that it doesnt matter if youre not related to magick, you can still follow the tips and adapt them to the way it suits you better.

Thanks to Quarto Publishing Group Fair Winds Press and NetGalley for providing me with this digital ARC in
Ileana Renfroe
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Magical Writing Grimoire is an interesting written journey illuminated by guided meditations, journaling prompts, and accessible ritual

The book teaches you how to write your own spells while teaching you to learn to write for healing. It's a self-help book encompassing all that is essential - rituals for healing, ways to write love and support for others, moon phases, etc. It stresses the importance of mental preparation and creating a sacred space where you can work.

It's a very detailed
Luna
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it

As a language and magic lover this is the perfect book for me since I've been a wordcraft practitioner for a quite while. This book is a whole experience. Helps you connect with your inner self and get to know yourself a little bit more since it leads you into a journey of self-discovery. Helps heal. I worked on those rituals an a little bit everyday. I did whatever I felt like doing at a time so I
Greyson | Use Your Words
The arcetype of the witch anchors this book. The witch is a symbol of power: the feral, the sexual, the unapologetic. The witch is the being within us who blooms outside the constraints of social order, who seeks agency, resistance, progress, personal change, and healing.

I'm very very new on my witchy journey. I am taking very small, tentative steps towards a spirituality that I feel pulled to but religion has not been kind to me in the past and so it is scary.

I'm glad that this book was
The Starry Library
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'The Magical Writing Grimoire' is a guide on how to use the art of writing to magick healing and self-care into your life. There are many rituals and ideas included in this book which can help you to release emotions and conjure catharsis whether thats via journaling, poetry, spell casting, incantations, or any other written means. Those familiar with Lisa Marie Basile will know that she is something of a spiritual scribe herself, who has infused the written with the witchy through her various ...more
Elspeth Anne
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Fair Winds Press and NetGalley for providing me with an electronic ARC in exchange for my honest review.

After reading Lisa Marie Basile's first book, "Light Magic for Dark Times" I was very excited for her next book. I've been writing my whole life, and lately I've lost sight of what purpose my writing has. After reading this book, I can honestly say that I have clear goals and a direction again.

At the beginning of the book she guides us to conjure our voice and set/understand ritual.
Xee
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is being published to the world on April 28th 2020 & I want to buy it for all my witchy friends! If you like to write, especially poems, than this is the book for you. Each chapter focuses on the writing aspect of magic and how you are able to use words and written text as a spell if you need to.

I appreciated the design of each chapter and the artwork associated with it. It looks all pencil and watercolor which makes it seem more wispy than normal art. The chapters themselves all
Lindsay
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book that provides insight into the tools you can use to help grow your practice. Loved the art work and the easy to follow guidance provided within.

I received a free review copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest unedited feedback.

#read #reader #book #bookstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreview #greatreads #alwaysreading #reading #ilovebooks #currentreads #bookaddict #booknerd #bookish #bibliophile #goodreads #readerlife #booklife #readandreview #cozy
Annarella
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An interesting and engrossing book that gave tons of ideas.
I liked the style of writing, the explanations, and how the books is organised.
An interesting and useful read, highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
Alan D.D.
I liked how the author used her own story as an example in all the exercises. This will be a useful book for anyone interested in the therapeutic effects of writing as a form of expression, regardless of their own spirituality of religion. I will be doing several of them for sure!
Alexandra
Mar 12, 2020 rated it liked it
More of the thought and moments around writing and ritual. You get some rituals and things to do and there are sketches put nicely in the book.
Jenn

Dec 23, 2019
Joanna Valente
Feb 19, 2020
lisa basile
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Quarto Group
Rachel Brethauer
Nov 13, 2019
Shelley Clynch
Nov 21, 2019

• A History of Magic and Witchcraft: Sabbats, Satan and Superstitions in the West
  • The Illustrated Crystallary: Guidance and Rituals from 36 Magical Gems and Minerals
  • A Pocket of Time: The Poetic Childhood of Elizabeth Bishop
  • Vivienne Westwood
  • The Real Beatrix Potter
  • The Girls Weekend
  • Moon Magic: A Handbook of Lunar Cycles, Lore, and Mystical Energies
  • The Witch's Herbal Apothecary: Rituals & Recipes for a Year of Earth Magick and Sacred Medicine Making
  • Literary Witches: A Celebration of Magical Women Writers
  • Manga Classics: Jane Eyre
  • Witch: Unleashed. Untamed. Unapologetic.
  • Witchcraft: A Secret History
  • Light is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light
  • Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles
  • The Book of Jane
  • Eighteen Inches: The Distance between the Heart and Mind
  • How to save the dragon: Instrument book for teaching impulse control to children
  • I Can Be Me!: A Coloring Book For All Girls
Lisa Marie Basile is the founding creative director of Luna Luna Magazine, a popular magazine & digital community focused on literature, magical living, and identity.

She is the author of several books of poetry, as well as Light Magic for Dark Times, a modern collection of inspired rituals and daily practices, as well as The Magical Writing Grimoire: Use the Word as Your Wand for Magic,

News & Interviews