Start by marking “An Amish Picnic: Four Stories” as Want to Read:
An Amish Picnic: Four Stories

An Amish Picnic: Four Stories

From bestselling authors in the Amish genre come four sweet stories about picnics and romance.

Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston

Kevin Weaver has lived with his brother’s family since his parents passed away when he was young, but he craves a home and family to call his own. Freeman Kurtz owns a successful brick mason business, and Kevin takes the job as Freeman’s apprenti
Published March 3rd 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Picnic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Picnic

Start your review of An Amish Picnic: Four Stories
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Some authors are just called to write Amish fiction and when you put them all in one book you get a gut book. Look up the word Gut if you are not an Amish fiction reader.
I was done with these four novellas before I knew it.
Candlelight Sweethearts was such a great read. I am such a sucker for a gut romance. Reeling in Love, can you guess what this novella was about?
I must say Baskets of Sunshine was a refreshing read.
I just want to say if you have not read any Amish fiction books before reading t
Deanne Patterson
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Who's ready for warmer weather and picnics? I am for sure.
This book has a very lovely cover and features 4 best selling Amish fiction authors writing stories about romance and picnics.
I've read books by all of these authors and some of the characters in the novellas are from the author's other books so it's wonderful to catch up with them in these stories.
Love isn't always easy, it was fun to see how the romances started and sometimes I wondered if the romance would even take off at all.
All the
Sherry Greene
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is made up of four novellas by favorite authors, Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, Kathleen Fuller and Vannetta Chapman.

Each book’s main characters are seeking their life mate, but feel that challenges in their lives may never allow them to achieve their dreams of life as an Amish husband/wife, and parent. Each have been friends for many years, and we get to share with them as they spend time together, in work, in outings of fishing and adventurous picnics.

Each book is every delightful and v
Kristina
An Amish Picnic by Amy Clipston, Vannetta Chapman, Kelly Irvin and Kathleen Fuller contains four heartwarming tales. The four stories are Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston, Candlelight Sweethearts by Kelly Irvin, Reeling in Love by Kathleen Fuller, and Picnics and Prospects by Vannetta Chapman. The picnic theme is carried out through each sweet story. I like how the author’s tied romance and picnics together. We get to see a man and woman who are attracted to each other, but there is something ...more
Kailey
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always love these novella collections! I love being able to sample different authors and read more from favorites. My favorite novella in this one was Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston. It was great to catch up with some favorite characters from her other books. I’m looking forward to reading more from each of these authors!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Lori
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I was a super speed reader but unfortunately I"m not. I"m one of the ones who has to take time to absorb each story in this book.
I like to enjoy each couple and see what happens as they become husband and wife so to speak.
I really enjoyed these stories very much.
All of these are my favorite authors and I very much love their writing style. I love seeing them coming together and reading about each family and what they have to offer.
Each story has something special to offer in their mes
Elizabeth
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Picnic
By: Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, Kathleen Fuller, & Vannetta Chapman
Baskets of Sunshine, by Amy Clipston
Candlelight Sweethearts, by Kelly Irvin
Reeling In Love, by Kathleen Fuller
Picnics and Prospects, by Vannetta Chapman
An Amish Picnic is made up of four different novellas by four wonderful authors in the Amish Genre. These novellas are all about picnics and romance. I love the way the authors ties the picnics and romance together. Each one of these novellas is about a couple who h
Maureen Timerman
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed reading this book, four different stories by four different authors, all revolving around a picnic or two.
We find there are a lot of places to have a picnic and some of them are disasters and. other turn out wonderful, or at least they are able to get the attention of the person they want to notice them.
The picnics tie these stories together, but each author has different people involved, and some them are old friends from previous books that I’ve read.
I love when I have novella
Brittany
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
An Amish Picnic is a nice collection of novellas that stand alone from each other. Each story has a picnic that occurs somewhere within its pages. The stories are connected with other novels written by the four authors, yet can easily be read as stand alone novellas even if you have not read any of the other books, making them a great way to try out a new to you author of Amish fiction. I enjoyed all four novellas.

In Baskets of Sunshine, I was happy to read Phoebe’s story. Phoebe was introduced
Susan Lantz
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hooray! Just in time for spring. What better way to get into the season than with four novellas by four beloved authors of Amish fiction.

I was so happy to catch up with Esther Marie Shrock from Kelly Irvin's novel A Long Bridge Home. Esther Marie works at Valley Grocery Store in St. Ignatius, MO. Though sometimes embarrassed by her stuttering, she loves her job and is good at it. When the store owner is hospitalized, his son Jasper assumes the helm even though he would rather be working on the f
Mayda
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audio, amish, novella
The players are young Amish men and women, the theme is romance, the conflict is lack of communication and understanding, and the constant thread is picnics. All of these novellas share these common factors, yet each is different in its execution and treatment. The characters are sometimes smart and sometimes not so smart, some have afflictions and some don’t, and some are outspoken and some are shy. But all desire romance, even if some don’t realize it! The stories are nice, but being shorter t ...more
Simone
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the Four short stories about Amish couples bonding together while attending picnics all in one book. Combing of four authors gives readers an opportunity to read the stories and have an understanding of the different writing styles about the Amish relationships with each other and God.
Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston. The story about Kevin and Phoebe a age difference of a couple of years which is his barrier in forming a relationship. It is a great story that demonstr
Janet
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ❄️ ), superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

Baskets of Sunshine b
Lucy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an impressive group of novellas that leave you feeling content. Each one is a stand alone but has the common thread of a picnic and blossoms of love. This book gave me that warm fuzzy feeling like spending the day with a good friend. Each author has there own style of bringing life to their characters and drawing you into their lives. Each story contains an obstacle that has to be dealt with. I would review each individually but it would be to easy to spoil them for other readers. Theref ...more
Pam Graber
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Four short stories by four of the best authors in Amish fiction? What's not to love here?? An Amish Picnic focuses on four couples, and each romance is furthered in some way by a picnic.

Amy Clipston starts things off with her "Baskets of Sunshine". Kevin Weaver has been living with his brother and his family but longs for a house of his own. When his boss' daughter, Phoebe Kurtz, invites him to join other young people for an outing, he feels out of his depth, and sees the group's hijinks as imma
Becky
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's almost picnic weather where I am, and it is making hungry for picnic foods, especially since I read this collection of novellas where love finds its home through picnics. Each of these authors is known for her Amish fiction and reading these stories is like becoming reacquainted with old friends.

All of the stories have characters from series the authors have already published, and it made the novellas feel like chatting with old friends.

One thing I'd like to see from these particular autho
Pamela
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are 4 stories in this book from 4 different authors.They all involve romance and a picnic.They were all very good but the most touching was the one by Vannetta Chapman as it goes back to 1970 when the Viet Nam war was going on.I was in high school and my brother and several boys I knew were over there fighting.A very heartwarming story!
Leslie M.
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
These novella collections are always so enjoyable, and this one is no exception. The authors are four of the best in Amish fiction. The stories are not connected, but they work well together. Picnics do tie the stories together. Each story contains characters who are flawed, so they're very relatable ... even to "Englischers." :) I really enjoyed the fact that each story contained characters with a physical or mental issue. If you're looking for a quick, sweet read, this is a book to add to your ...more
S.campbell8655yahoo.com
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All great authors and stories !
Tammy G.
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Amish Picnic! Just imagine all the fantastic food!
Well and the people too.
All of my favorite authors in one fantastic book with four short stories/novellas:

Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston: Despite a significant difference in age Phoebe wants to know more about her father's employee, Kevin. He seems like such a great guy.

Candlelight Sweethearts by Kelly Irvin: This is a fun story about Esther and Jasper. Lots of thunder and lightning.

Reeling in Love by Kathleen Fuller: Nina and Ira are fi
melissa
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved each and every story and I love all the character's in each story! I loved the cover and the title fit's it! I received the book from Netgalley! I can not wait to here more from each author! ...more
Connie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was like visiting summer to read this book this past week, and thank goodness, because it's cold and wintry in my world right now. Four stories, four authors and four very different scenarios in this collection make it a fun read for those times when you have to read in bits and pieces or just want something light and entertaining.
I was given this book by the editor in exchange for an honest review. I do recommend this book.
Nicole
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great stories by 4 great authors. Something for everyone. Highly recommend
Debbie O'Brien
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Am Amish Picnic is an amzing book. I love how all 4 authors continued the stories of some of my favorite characters. Cant pick a favorite because all of the stories were equally exciting and well written. I suggest you all buy a copy and read it for yourself.
Paige
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so sweet! I love the quick stories of love and simple living. One of my takeaways from this particular book is that because of four separate authors, I was able to read four separate writing styles. I was familiar with two of the authors, but two of them I had never read their work. Now I know, I will also begin reading their stories as well! I definitely recommend this sweet book to anyone who loves reading Amish fiction.
Melissa
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Am Amish Picnic gives four novellas which bring together picnics and romance. Each story tells the story of a couple who face difficulties getting together. However what is better than a picnic to bring out the feelings. I love how the characters come together. Each author developed their characters and storylines so that this reader kept turning the page to see what would happen next. I found some old friends as well as some new in these stories. I look forward to more from them. I received a c ...more
Judy
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four well known authors of Amish romances, each with her own novella, all packed into one book - what's not to like? I admired the way each story developed quickly, pulling me into the lives of the characters. I prefer full length novels, but this was great to read on a recent plane trip.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
JoAnn
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Four well written Amish novellas. I enjoyed each selection. I received an arc from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celebrate-lit, review
Comprised of four love stories from four well-known authors, “An Amish Picnic” makes for a charming book perfect for spring, summer, or any time you want to pack a novel in your basket and escape for a while. Each story contains discussion questions for group or individual reflection, and there is a very helpful glossary at the beginning of the book, which is something I’ve often wished for when reading Amish fiction. I did not realize, as the note at the end of this reference states, that the A ...more
Abigail
I enjoyed this novella collection a lot. I loved seeing how every author writes their story different. My favorite about of the whole collection was Reeling in Love, because best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and that was presented in this story. I honestly wish some of the stories were longer, because a lot had to happen in 100 pages so it went by a little too bit quickly at times for my liking, but I still highly enjoyed reading every story.

I just love reading Amish stories an
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Beautiful Arrangement (An Amish Journey #3)
  • The Englisch Daughter
  • The Mockingbird's Song
  • The Crow's Call (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • His Unexpected Amish Twins
  • Amish Generations: Four Stories
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • A Picture of Love
  • The Blended Quilt
  • Amish Christmas Twins
  • His Pretend Amish Bride (Unexpected Amish Blessings Book 2)
  • The Trustworthy One (Walnut Creek #4)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • A Long Bridge Home (Amish of Big Sky Country #2)
  • On a Coastal Breeze (Three Sisters Island, #2)
  • The Stone Wall
  • Hannah's Courage (Amish Charm Bakery #3)
  • The Protective One (Walnut Creek #3)
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (2009)
• A Promise of Hope (2010)
• A Place of Peace (2011)
• A Life of Joy (2012)