Start by marking “An Amish Picnic: Four Stories” as Want to Read:
An Amish Picnic: Four Stories

An Amish Picnic: Four Stories

From bestselling authors in the Amish genre come four sweet stories about picnics and romance.

Baskets of Sunshineby Amy Clipston

Kevin Weaver has lived with his brother’s family since his parents passed away when he was young, but he craves a home and family to call his own. Freeman Kurtz owns a successful brick mason business, and Kevin takes the job as Freeman’s
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Picnic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Picnic

Start your review of An Amish Picnic: Four Stories
Kailey
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always love these novella collections! I love being able to sample different authors and read more from favorites. My favorite novella in this one was Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston. It was great to catch up with some favorite characters from her other books. I’m looking forward to reading more from each of these authors!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Maureen Timerman
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed reading this book, four different stories by four different authors, all revolving around a picnic or two.
We find there are a lot of places to have a picnic and some of them here are disasters, and others turn out wonderful, or at least they are able to get the attention of the person they want to notice them.
The picnics tie these stories together, but each author has different people involved, and some of them are old friends from previous books that I’ve read.
I love when I
Janet
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When it is snowy and cold outside (and my car is buried under 2ft of ), superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Baskets of Sunshine by
Lori
Dec 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
I wish I was a super speed reader but unfortunately I"m not. I"m one of the ones who has to take time to absorb each story in this book.
I like to enjoy each couple and see what happens as they become husband and wife so to speak.
I really enjoyed these stories very much.
All of these are my favorite authors and very much love their writing style. I love seeing them coming together and reading about each family and what they have to offer.
Each story has something special to offer in their
Pam Graber
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Four short stories by four of the best authors in Amish fiction? What's not to love here?? An Amish Picnic focuses on four couples, and each romance is furthered in some way by a picnic.

Amy Clipston starts things off with her "Baskets of Sunshine". Kevin Weaver has been living with his brother and his family but longs for a house of his own. When his boss' daughter, Phoebe Kurtz, invites him to join other young people for an outing, he feels out of his depth, and sees the group's hijinks as
Connie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was like visiting summer to read this book this past week, and thank goodness, because it's cold and wintry in my world right now. Four stories, four authors and four very different scenarios in this collection make it a fun read for those times when you have to read in bits and pieces or just want something light and entertaining.
I was given this book by the editor in exchange for an honest review. I do recommend this book.
Paige Weese
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so sweet! I love the quick stories of love and simple living. One of my takeaways from this particular book is that because of four separate authors, I was able to read four separate writing styles. I was familiar with two of the authors, but two of them I had never read their work. Now I know, I will also begin reading their stories as well! I definitely recommend this sweet book to anyone who loves reading Amish fiction.
Sherry Greene
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is made up of four novellas by favorite authors, Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, Kathleen Fuller and Vannetta Chapman.

Each book’s main characters are seeking their life mate, but feel that challenges in their lives may never allow them to achieve their dreams of life as an Amish husband/wife, and parent. Each have been friends for many years, and we get to share with them as they spend time together, in work, in outings of fishing and adventurous picnics.

Each book is every delightful and
Judy
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four well known authors of Amish romances, each with her own novella, all packed into one book - what's not to like? I admired the way each story developed quickly, pulling me into the lives of the characters. I prefer full length novels, but this was great to read on a recent plane trip.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
Amy Phelps
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liked all the stories - was glad to see a sequel of sorts to An Amish Bake Shop.
JoAnn
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Four well written Amish novellas. I enjoyed each selection. I received an arc from the publisher and Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Melissa
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Am Amish Picnic gives four novellas which bring together picnics and romance. Each story tells the story of a couple who face difficulties getting together. However what is better than a picnic to bring out the feelings. I love how the characters come together. Each author developed their characters and storylines so that this reader kept turning the page to see what would happen next. I found some old friends as well as some new in these stories. I look forward to more from them. I received a ...more
BlueFalkon95
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the Four short stories about Amish couples bonding together while attending picnics all in one book. Combing of four authors gives readers an opportunity to read the stories and have an understanding of the different writing styles about the Amish relationships with each other and God.
Baskets of Sunshineby Amy Clipston. The story about Kevin and Phoebe a age difference of a couple of years which is his barrier in forming a relationship. It is a great story that
Tammy G.
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Amish Picnic! Just imagine all the fantastic food!
Well and the people too.
All of my favorite authors in one fantastic book with four short stories/novellas:

Baskets of Sunshine by Amy Clipston: Despite a significant difference in age Phoebe wants to know more about her father's employee, Kevin. He seems like such a great guy.

Candlelight Sweethearts by Kelly Irvin: This is a fun story about Esther and Jasper. Lots of thunder and lightning.

Reeling in Love by Kathleen Fuller: Nina and Ira are
Becky
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's almost picnic weather where I am, and it is making hungry for picnic foods, especially since I read this collection of novellas where love finds its home through picnics. Each of these authors is known for her Amish fiction and reading these stories is like becoming reacquainted with old friends.

All of the stories have characters from series the authors have already published, and it made the novellas feel like chatting with old friends.

One thing I'd like to see from these particular
Leslie M.
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
These novella collections are always so enjoyable, and this one is no exception. The authors are four of the best in Amish fiction. The stories are not connected, but they work well together. Picnics do tie the stories together. Each story contains characters who are flawed, so they're very relatable ... even to "Englischers." :) I really enjoyed the fact that each story contained characters with a physical or mental issue. If you're looking for a quick, sweet read, this is a book to add to your ...more
Elizabeth
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Picnic
By: Amy Clipston, Kelly Irvin, Kathleen Fuller, & Vannetta Chapman
Baskets of Sunshine, by Amy Clipston
Candlelight Sweethearts, by Kelly Irvin
Reeling In Love, by Kathleen Fuller
Picnics and Prospects, by Vannetta Chapman
An Amish Picnic is made up of four different novellas by four wonderful authors in the Amish Genre. These novellas are all about picnics and romance. I love the way the authors ties the picnics and romance together. Each one of these novellas is about a couple
Sunnie
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was really enjoyable to read the four novellas written by four great Amish romance writers!

Each story was entertaining, sweet, and fun to read. I liked the picnic them that the stories shared and the fun story topics as each was different and revolved around different characters.

I really enjoyed this summer read, especially since it's still pretty cold and I look forward to enjoying a fun picnic! I think you will enjoy this steady paced and well written set of stories.

I received a
Pamela
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are 4 stories in this book from 4 different authors.They all involve romance and a picnic.They were all very good but the most touching was the one by Vannetta Chapman as it goes back to 1970 when the Viet Nam war was going on.I was in high school and my brother and several boys I knew were over there fighting.A very heartwarming story!
melissa
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved each and every story and I love all the character's in each story! I loved the cover and the title fit's it! I received the book from Netgalley! I can not wait to here more from each author!
Debbie O'Brien
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Am Amish Picnic is an amzing book. I love how all 4 authors continued the stories of some of my favorite characters. Cant pick a favorite because all of the stories were equally exciting and well written. I suggest you all buy a copy and read it for yourself.
Nicole
Susan
Oct 07, 2019
Mariana Custodio
Oct 07, 2019

• A Long Bridge Home (Amish of Big Sky Country #2)
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • The Crow's Call (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • The Englisch Daughter
  • Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • An Amish Wedding Feast on Ice Mountain (Ice Mountain #6)
  • Hannah's Courage (Amish Charm Bakery #3)
  • An Unlikely Amish Match (Indiana Amish Brides #5)
  • Shall We Dance?
  • The Brightest of Dreams (Canadian Crossings, #3)
  • Rosanna's Gift
  • Loving Jenna
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • A Beautiful Arrangement (An Amish Journey #3)
  • The Protective One (Walnut Creek #3)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • From Sky to Sky (No Less Days, #2)
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (3/2009)
• A Promise of Hope (3/2010)
• A Place of Peace (2/2011)
• A Life of Joy (1/2012)