Start by marking “Building Love Together in Blended Families: The 5 Love Languages and Becoming Stepfamily Smart” as Want to Read:

(5 Love Languages)

Create a Loving and Safe Environment for Your Blended Family

Blended families face unique challenges, and sadly, good intentions arent always enough. With so many complex relationships involved, all the normal rules for family life change, even how you apply something as simple as the five love languages.

Thats why Gary Chapman, the bestselling author of The 5 Love
Published February 4th 2020 by Northfield Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Building Love Together in Blended Families, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building Love Together in Blended Families

Start your review of Building Love Together in Blended Families: The 5 Love Languages and Becoming Stepfamily Smart
Dawn Meyers
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a step parent of 3 now adult young men, a co-parent (with my ex) of one lovely young woman, and parenting a teenage son with my husband of 16 years. Oh...and one of those handsome stepsons of mine and his wife have blessed us with a grandbaby. So, I'm a step-grandma, too!

We are passionate about marriage and particularly marriages that create blended families. We have been leading a short term small group at our church since 2014 utilizing Ron Deal's The Smart Stepfamily materials. We love
Jeff Bobin
If you are a part of or plan to be part of two families that have merged into one and now looking for ways to do it well or make it better you will love this book.

Written by two authors that have been working with families for more than 25 years and each contributing to making them better this is a wealth of wisdom.

It is also a fairly short and concise read that will help you get a focus on how to blend those families of any age together. There is a lot of food for thought if you are merging
Martin
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is an interesting topic which is why I had picked it up. The book itself was informative though there were moments where I had to gloss over as they were not related to my situation or my lifestyle. There were some instances, though they were few, where it felt like you were encouraged to purchase the other books in the series.
Liz
Nathalie Debonville
Feb 10, 2020
Tiffany Hausman Roberts
Feb 10, 2020

• If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Wages of Sin (Sarah Gilchrist #1)
  • A Cold Trail (Tracy Crosswhite, #7)
  • The Stepfamily Handbook:: Dating, Getting Serious, and Forming a "Blended Family"
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Cracking The Relationship Code: The Key to Happy Relationships at Home and Work
  • The Academy (Tracy Crosswhite, #0.25)
  • Crappy to Happy: Love What You Do
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Sh*t My Dad Says
  • Dark Towers: Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump, and an Epic Trail of Destruction
  • The French Gardener
  • A Killer's Wife (Desert Plains, #1)
  • Payoff: The Hidden Logic That Shapes Our Motivations
  • Return to the Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #2)
  • Rise of the Isle of the Lost (Descendants #3)
  • Don't Look Down: Answering Jesus' Call to Walk on the Water
Married more than 45 years to Karolyn, Dr. Gary Chapman is just the man to turn to for help on improving or healing our most important relationships. His own life experiences, plus over forty years of pastoring and marriage counseling, led him to publish his first book in the Love Language series, The 5 Love Languages®: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate. Millions of readers credit ...more

5 Love Languages (10 books)
  • The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
  • The Five Love Languages of Children
  • The Five Love Languages for Singles
  • The Five Love Languages of Teenagers
  • The Five Love Languages: Men's Edition: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
  • The Love Languages of God: How to Feel and Reflect Divine Love
  • Keeping Love Alive as Memories Fade: The 5 Love Languages and the Alzheimer's Journey
  • A Teen's Guide to the 5 Love Languages: How to Understand Yourself and Improve All Your Relationships
  • Sharing Love Abundantly in Special Needs Families: The 5 Love Languages® for Parents Raising Children with Disabilities