Start by marking “Spring Forward (Superbia Springs #1)” as Want to Read:
Spring Forward (Superbia Springs #1)

Spring Forward

(Superbia Springs #1)

A heartbroken single dad. A handyman with a past full of secrets.
And the small town that would change them forever.

It should've been a dream come true for Liam, inheriting the old
mansion named Superbia Springs. It helped him meet Mason, the
handyman who kept the town running. Mason is sweet, generous, and
good with his hands. (If only he'd use those hands on Liam...) B
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Spring Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Forward

Start your review of Spring Forward (Superbia Springs #1)
michaela ⚘
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, m-m
Spring Forward was a sweet book and honestly a pretty good start off to this new series. We meet Liam and Mason -- a single dad and a handyman stuck in the closet. Two men who couldn’t be more right for one another but who have to really fight for their HEA due to secrets and heartbreak.

I was pretty invested in this book. I couldn’t help but adore Liam and Mason...the two were so perfect for one another. But, I did get pretty frustrated reading this at times. That’s kind of a given though for me
Monika
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This was one of those stories that I had trouble deciding how to rate. I liked it but there were places it totally confused me. The MCs are likable enough but sometimes it felt like the spark was missing. So I decided to go with a middle of the road rating of 3 Stars. I liked the book but I didn't love it. I am curious about some of the secondary characters so I'm sure I'll be reading more of the Superbia Springs Series.

TAGS
-- single dad -- lots of family secrets -- in the closet -- coming out -
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Liam inherits a mansion from a relative he'd never heard of before, it's in a small town called Superbia, something else he'd never heard of. Of course his first thought upon seeing the mansion in such disrepair is to have it renovated and sold. The amount of money he could make off the sale would be more than enough to support himself and his daughter for eternity.

But then...Mason happens. The sweet, solid contractor in Superbia who can give him the inspiration needed to stay put in his ne
Mac Paterson
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
A brand new series set in the small town of Superbia, I’m sure there will be a few books in this series as this town has a lot of secrets waiting to be discovered.

Mason and Liam are the first couple we meet although there is a strong supporting cast who I’m sure will have their own tales to tell. Both men fear loss and pain so gave a really hard time admitting to each other and themselves how they feel and what they want.

This story is full of drama, secrets and incredible chemistry, I enjoyed ho
Kendra T
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet book. Liam and Mason each had a lot of baggage to work through, but I liked how they eventually communicated. It took a little to get there, but it didn’t feel so angsty where I wanted to bash their heads in. It was written in a comfortable pace with a good balance of sweetness and angst. They were totally adorable together and I was glad to see Liam put himself out there despite his concerns of being a single father. Roo was adorable. I enjoyed reading this and definitely want ...more
Becca
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a good story and a good setup for more down the road, but I’ve got to tell you, it’s a good thing these aren’t interactive books, because I would have been smacking a certain someone upside her evil, twisted head. When you read this, you will see.
Liam is confused as to why he’s inherited a house he knows nothing of, in a town he knows nothing of. Especially when he finds out the house was supposed to go to his father, and his father wanted nothing to do with it. Another secret of his fat
Beth
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the first book in a new series with no mention of the plans for the second book. There are several secondary characters introduced that could be the subjects of that future book though. In this book, MCs Liam and Mason need to overcome fears, secrets and an outside powerful force in order to find love and happiness.

The book starts out slowly and I almost threw in the towel. There are continual references to the past and secrets and threats that are meant to provide mystery and suspense b
Ida Umphers
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liam and Mason get their happy ever after, but not without much pain from digging up the past of both Liam's father and Mason. Liam's dad hid the fact that he was gay and Liam's husband kept a secret about his health. Both these secrets had fatal and long lasting consequences for Liam's family and for his ability to trust anyone not totally honest with themselves and others. Mason wants to be honest, but secrets from his past and threats both past and present keep him in the closet and almost co ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Rachel Kane's Spring Forward, the first book in the Superbia Springs series, is a sweet and tender read.

When Liam arrives in Superbia Springs, he has no idea that his life is about to change forever. He's in town to see the property he inherited, hoping to solve some mysteries about the place and his father. But, he never expected to find love.

Mason and Liam's story includes a closeted father, family secrets, and controlling and powerful townspeople. But, most of all, it includes the promise o
Ivy
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, drama, romance-mm
Liam is a single dad who inherited from an old uncle a mansion. A superb mansion.
Mason is a small-town handyman. He’s adorable and sweet and in the closet.
Mason wants to help Liam with the mansion, but he also wants Liam in his life.
Liam has too much pain and worries in his life to really have time for a man in his life. But Mason is special, and he will let his mark on Liam.
Can’t they really have it all?
Spring Forward is book one in the Superbia Springs series. It was my first book by Rachel K
Kaylee Cooper
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I struggled with this

I will admit, there is something that draws you through the story. I was glad I finished it. But it wasn't easy for me. The over abundance of internal dialogue felt too heavy for me. Especially because the internal didn't match the external. Characters that are proclaimed as overwhelmingly practical were drowned by heavily poetic and philosophically romantic thoughts. I had to skip over the sex scenes because the dramatic prose took away from any realistic passion. Add in th
Catherine
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
This is a great first book in the new Superbia Springs series by Rachel Kane. The book centers around a crumbling, old mansion and dried up hot springs known as “Coopers Folly,” that has been willed to Liam Cooper for reasons unbeknownst to him. When he travels to the small town to see the property he makes the acquaintance of town contractor Mason Tisdale and the sparks between the men are immediate. However, Liam is a widower with a young child and Mason is a man with secrets he can’t share. L ...more
avid reader 1
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 ½ Stars
I enjoyed this book. Liam and Mason are lovable characters who made me want to grab them up and give them cuddles so they could take a break from the world. They are well-drawn and compelling with the complexities in their lives.
The baby is just precious, and the other secondary characters are interesting and well placed in the story. In future books, I hope to see more of Liam's brother and the friends with which they surround themselves.
The antagonist is sufficiently mean and intimid
Diane
This is the first book of what will prove to be a wonderful series. I'm confident...because Rachel writes in such a way that you feel like you're living the lives of the characters right along side of them! Some more admirable than others.

There are a couple of people you'll want to put 'in time out' until they develop compassion for others. Your heart will ache for the pain several have lived through or are still working their way through. But luckily they have friends who always have their bac
M
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Spring Forward is book one in the new Superbia Springs series by Rachel Kane. In Spring Forward, we are introduced to widower and single dad, Liam Cooper, who inherits a piece of land called Coopers Folly. It was once a prosperous and well known hot springs which drew many visitors. Once the hot springs dried up what was left behind was a dilapidated mansion and grounds that has been left to Liam. He mets local town contractor Mason Tisdale. The are definitely attracted to each other, but both h ...more
Brenda Moser
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a small town romance with strong characters in Liam and Mason. The author does a great job building the story and pulls you in with all the emotions,secrets,anxiety and fear as well as the sexual tension and hot chemistry between the two men. She adds in a cast of supporting characters to help bring the story to life along with her detailed and vividly painted scenes. I was glued to the pages reading their story as secrets are revealed and the love grows. It's an emotional love story , m ...more
Philip Cowsill
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I was only a short way into the book when I was hit with the realisation that Spring Forward was going to be a great read. I was not disappointed with my thought.

The two main characters, Liam and Mason, were both just so likeable that I was wanting an HEA for them right from the start. All the supporting characters were well rounded including the conniving Mulgrews, the arch enemies of the other leading family of the past in the town and now again with the arrival of Liam.

Rachel Kane has outdon
Heather Rawlins
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Liam and Mason’s story. They were so sweet and adorable. This house was amazing, and I still feel like there’s so much more to discover. I liked how they courted each other I thought the way the story built, introducing other characters who I know I’ll see as MCs in future stories in the series was great. They didn’t overtake the story, but helped it develop. I love a story with a single dad and how he figures things out, whether he’s a super natural or a little hopeless. And there’s som ...more
Keith
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Lots of Secrets

I found the storyline interesting and a bit shorter than I expected. It ends at a comfortable stopping point but I wished for more in the story. There were story threads left unresolved and the future was alluded to but not realized. There were several extremely wordy sex scenes which I skimmed through. They appeared written mostly for self gratification as they added no information to Mason and Liam’s story. I’m willing yo sample the next book but not sold on the series yet.
Claudia
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, series, m-m, lgbt
A great beginning to what is gearing to be a great new series: a small town, the people who live in it, and the secrets they keep. Intriguing, isn't it:?

The characters in this first book are attractive and well-constructed, the conflict realistic and well resolved, and the writing, excellent. Although this last one is a given when Rachel Kane is the author :P

I'm looking forward to seeing what will come next :)
Modwena
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a really enjoyable, sweet story.When Liam inherits a family estate that none of his family knew about, he has a big decision to make. When he meets Mason, the contractor in the small town that the estate is in, the attraction is obvious but both Mason and Liam both have a lot of baggage to overcome. This book has a bit of everything, family tragedy, family secrets and mysteries, secrets and blackmail.
Julie Taylor
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Great I actually read this series in the wrong order I guess I read the last one first then discovered there was a whole series about the non MCs in the book. This is great I’ve download Noah’s Dads story too, which I’ve no doubt will be a tear jearker and it has to be said Violet is one of the best villains I’ve met to date , she’s absolutely evil. Highly recommended
Lisa Klein
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is full of drama & intrigue, with a little mystery thrown in. It's not the typical book I choose to read, but I really enjoyed it. It's my first book by Rachel Kane, and she does an amazing job of putting the reader into the story & letting us know how the MCs feel. I'm looking forward to book 2.

I recieved an advanced copy and voluntarily gave my honest review.
Denise GremoryKohta
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
So good!

This book is full of mystery and packs lots of feelings. The backstories are important. At times it may seem like a lot to get through but it’s worth it and I think the series will be better and smoother because of it. Plus we need to see what Liam and Mason have planned. We also have some single guys who could use their own HEA.
Belinda Zamora
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book.
It uses dual P.O.V. which might be hard for some people, but I really encourage you to give it a try, it's so worth it.
Liam, Mason and Roo were such beautiful characters.
The author brought them to life so vividly and I absolutely loved the secondary cast for characters, including the small town of
Superbia Springs.
mrs sarah frost
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet start to the series set in small town Superbia Springs.

Liam a single dad to cute Rooney and closeted handyman Mason are so right for each other. They both hold secrets that they need to overcome before they can get their HEA.

There are some interesting secondary characters that leave me wanting more.

Drama, secrets, family love and great friends make this an enjoyable read.
DANNETTE HUGGINS
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read this series backwards . ding realize it until.was to late

But even though I kind of knew what ended up happening I still enjoyed b this story of Liam and Mason. Secrets have a way to surface regardless of how hard you try to bury them. From reading the other stories I knew these two were together but it was nice to see how they came together. Loved this series.
Kathryn Manzella
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spring Forward by Rachel Kane is the first book in the Superbia Springs series. It is a contemporary m/m story that mixes drama with romance. Liam and Mason are good characters that made me want them to find a Happily Ever After. Definitely a satisfying read.
Lelyana's Reviews
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2020, mm

I have to agree with some reviewers on this book. While it's actually a romantic story, I hardly found any spark between Mason and Liam. And kinda upset why people like Violet Mulgrew even exist.
It was an okay read, I guess. I liked Liam and Mason, but yeah, no chemistry. Sorry.
Patricia Nelson
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet, grab-you-by-the-feels, beautiful, amazing, wonderful, poignant, charming, engaging, emotionally charged, delightful, adorable, simmering, and totally awesome start to a fascinating new series. I can't wait to see what happens next. ...more

• Dancing with Daddy
  • Fools (Licking Thicket, #3)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Hummingbird Heartbreak (The Gold Brothers #1)
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • Snow One Like You (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #9)
  • Heartless (Room for Love, #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • His Temptation (Desires of the Heart #1)
  • Marcellus (Whitfell Brothers #4)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Feel My Pain (Curse Bound, #1)
  • The Ghost and Charlie Muir
  • A Right Royal Affair
  • Completely Enamored (A DiverCity Short)
  • Gray For You (8 Million Hearts #2)
I like writing about boys with TERRIBLE PROBLEMS who nonetheless manage to find love. But seriously, terrible problems. Like, dude, get some therapy before you go on this date.

Superbia Springs (3 books)
  • More Than Everything (Superbia Springs #2)
  • Accidentally Yours (Superbia Springs #3)