Start by marking “The Orphan Beach” as Want to Read:
The Orphan Beach

The Orphan Beach

Life is spiraling out of control for pediatric nurse, Juliet Farr. Heart-broken, grief-stricken, and experiencing a crisis of faithnow she is the prime target for a crazed killer. When her ex-boyfriend, detective Max Bennett, returns to work the case in the Oregon Coast, he knows sharing the truth behind their break-up will destroy any possibility of a second chance ...more
Published February 18th 2020 by Anaiah Press

To ask other readers questions about The Orphan Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Orphan Beach

Start your review of The Orphan Beach
J Kelly
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Riveting suspense makes this book an excellent read! I have read all three books in the series and this one is my favorite. I couldn't put it down. I would recommend this series to anyone!
Blossom Turner
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
This story of Juliet and Max get you hooked the minute you start reading. You will be drawn into the suspense of a psychopathic killer immediately. The couple journey through suffering, grief, loss and love, all interwoven in a glorious tapestry of complexities. What better way to keep a book interesting and the reader riveted. You will not want to put it down until the wonderfully happy ending, where a message I just loved on "chosen children," tugs at the heart strings. So that I do not create ...more
Andrea
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In The Orphan Beach, by Laura Thomas, Juliet is wrestling with the loss of her mother, the loss of her true love and the loss of her faith in God. A psychopath is targeting and attacking nurses on the west coast. Max, Juliets one true love, is on the hunt for this attacker and all he wants to do is protect the love of his life, Juliet. When all of these people converge in Florence, Oregon, where Juliet is a pediatric nurse, a thrilling adventure ensues.

The Orphan Beach is a page-turner and you
Lyndon Thomas
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the book this morning and didn't put it down until I finished it this evening! A real 'page turner'! I think this is my favourite book in the 'Flight to Freedom' series, by Laura Thomas. Five stars for me.
Cindy Schwerdtfeger
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely a must read, even if you had not read her first two in the series. Laura gives enough background to help bring the reader up to speed. The characters have depth and the dialogue keeps moving the story along. At the end of the chapters, she kept you on the edge of your seat so you had to continue on.

I love how she weaves in faith, doubt, fear and humor to keep the story interesting. And the story within a story was such a fascinating idea to do!

I will definitely be buying
Naomi
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A manuscript, a maniac and a mother's love

5 things from The Orphan Beach by @lauracthomas
1)The loss of her mother, her boyfriend, her favorite patient pull Juliet into a colorless world
2) A crazed attacker on the trail of red-headed nurses
3)Last-minute flights to Mexico
4) A mother's secrets
5) I'm supposed to be her protector[ Max thought] Now he had to hand it all over to God. Unless they could work together to keep her safe.
.Laura's third installment of the Flight to Freedom series is
Jena Henry
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming encouragement shines from every page of this book, a Christian romantic suspense novel. Juliet has a strong faith and a fulfilling career as a pediatric nurse, until she suffers the loss of her mother from cancer. She is also reeling from the abrupt departure of her boyfriend. Exhausted, weary and heartbroken, God seems so far away. Her friends care for her and pray for her, but then her life takes a terrible turn when a madman crosses her path. Where is God now?

The Orphan Beach is
Sue
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting! The Orphan Beach has all the things a reader could want from a romantic thriller. From the very first page, the author Laura Thomas draws the reader into the story with her vivid descriptions and finely paced narrative. The main character, Juliet Farr is relatable and well-rounded, as she navigates the complexities of grief, confusion, anger, fear and love.

Interwoven within the story of a serial attacker is a tentative rekindling of the relationship between
Heidi Trotman
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a page turner!! It was great to reconnect with these characters and to see their relationships flourish albeit with a few curve balls thrown in! I believe this was the best book yet as the intensity of the plot just pushed me to want to know and really care what happened to each of them! I would highly recommend this book but also the 2 prior to this as that will build up the back stories. Well done Laura I want more please more!!!!
Stephanie K
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laura Thomas is an amazing Christian woman who has stayed true to her values and beliefs as she has written this book. This is an amazing, clean romance novel! I have read this book cover to cover!

The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and couldn't put it down! I finished reading this gem in the wee hours of the night!
This is such a good read and I 110% recommend this book (and book series) to anyone looking for a great, clean Christian romance read!
Tabitha McMeley
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I read "The Orphan Beach," I felt the story coming to life with the carefully descriptive words on the pages. Laura Thomas's books are a great read packed with adventure and suspense. I always look forward to her newest books, and I enjoy reading her books during my free time after work. I always know a book will be great when I can envision the story, and Laura's writing style exceeds my expectations in a book.

Dawn Klinge
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Orphan Beach is the latest in a trilogy of romantic suspense novels by Laura Thomas, although it works perfectly as a stand-alone. I have loved them all and I especially loved revisiting characters from her previous books. I was kept on the edge of my seat as I read through this page-turner. Juliet and Max are both such loveable characters and I was rooting for them. Also enjoyable was the book's setting in a small town in Oregon and a beach in Mexico. Interwoven throughout the story is a ...more
Sarah Madden
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this series, and it did not disappoint! The characters are real and engaging, and the mystery and the romance develop hand in hand, keeping the reader's interest. Definitely worth a read!
Cindy
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy at no cost from the publisher. Ive read the other books in the series, but thought this was the best one yet. Laura Thomas weaves faith and family into every book. ...more
Abigail
The Orphan Beach is the third and final book of the Flight to Freedom series, and I have to say that it is, without a doubt, the best of the three.
On the day of her mothers funeral, Juliet Farrs detective ex-boyfriend Max arrives with news of an unidentified man nicknamed the Red Herring by the police who has been traveling up the west coast attacking nurses with red hair. Though Max was aware Juliet has not been working since she took off time from the hospital to care for her mother, he still
Sheri Girgenti
Apr 01, 2020
Amanda Waters
Feb 21, 2020
Laura Thomas
Feb 15, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Leigh-Ann
Hourya Fatahi
Mar 02, 2020
Mallori Norris
Mar 04, 2020

• One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas, #1)
  • Slake's Limbo: 121 Days
  • The Second Home
  • Heart Talk: Poetic Wisdom for a Better Life
  • 8 Great Smarts: Discover and Nurture Your Child's Intelligences
  • Everywhere Holy: Seeing Beauty, Remembering Your Identity, and Finding God Right Where You Are
  • The Masterpiece
  • Braver Than You Think: Around the World on the Trip of My (Mother’s) Lifetime
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • Full Bloom: A Novel of Food, Family, and Freaking Out
  • The Soul Keeper
  • Call to Love
  • Thr3e
  • The Death and Life of Great American Cities
  • The Stolen Letter (Scottish Bookshop Mystery #5)
  • Once Upon a Time I Lived on Mars: Space, Exploration, and Life on Earth
A published Christian author, Laura writes heartwarming encouragement for your soul.

Laura is a chocoholic mom of three, married to her high school sweetheart. Originally from the UK, they live in Kelowna, British Columbia as audacious empty-nesters.

Laura has three Christian romantic suspense novels published by Anaiah Press: The Glass Bottom Boat, The Lighthouse Baby, and The Orphan Beach.

She also