Start by marking “Magic Misfit (Raven Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
Magic Misfit (Raven Academy #1)

Magic Misfit

(Raven Academy #1)

The Raven Academy could save my life… if it doesn’t kill me first.

Waitressing might pay my bills, but it’s my cage fighting at night that really cranks my gears. Until some weird hidden power helped me win a fight. Now no one wants to step in the ring with me.

And my life is going from weird to worse. The same night a werewolf tried to tear out my throat, a

Published March 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Magic Misfit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic Misfit

Start your review of Magic Misfit (Raven Academy #1)
Dallass
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Boring.

Sounded interesting, but I disliked a majority of the characters. The guys were complete arrogant a$$hats, and even then she ended up sleeping with one (and I’m sure the other two will make the cut in the next book). The side characters were pretty blah, and they just seemed to be poor imitations of some of the other ‘academy’ series I’ve been devouring lately.

2 stars ⭐️
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
5 Cranky Stars

I couldn't put it down! It does leave you on a cliffhanger, but not a horrible one.

Dante, Bane, and Gareth are all trying to teach and guide Delaney on her newly formed witch powers. She is the center of a prophecy that could save or destroy the world as we know it. She is being hunted by an unknown person at the Raven Academy, where she is learning how to be a witch. There are fights, magic, and steamy encounters sprinkled throughout the book. I loved every moment of it!
Missy Brown
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Magic Misfit very much. I know it kept my attention until the end, and left me needing more.

Our female lead Delaney is a MMA fighter, who may or may not have had alot of losses and one win. But she does not let that stop her, she just keeps going. I like that about her. I like her attitude and wit.

So far there is just one love interest but we all know there could be room for more.

The fight scenes are well written, there are plenty of laugh out loud moments, and just overall a r
Hannah
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This book is so good! I love that the men are possessive AF and that the MC just kinda sucks at everything but at the same time she just goes with it. Can’t wait to read more in this series
Shirley Cuypers
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, 2020, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you A. Caprice and Xpresso Book Tours!

Magic Misfit
is the first book in the Raven Academy series and tells the story of Delaney and her three men, Bane, Gareth and Dante.

Magic Misfit is the first book I’ve read by A. Caprice and I liked it! The synopsis sounded really interesting and I wanted to know more about Delaney and her men. I liked the story in general and the character
S. N.
Mar 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I received this book to review from Xpresso Book Tours, and was immediately captivated by the beautiful cover. It depicts all things wonderful about Urban Fantasy:
Intriguing✔ Amazing Font ✔ Magic ✔ Bad-ass Redhead✔✔

Clearly, I really wanted to like this book, and I did. . . to an extent. I am totally use to reading books that I absolutely love but still feel the need to roll my eyes at times throughout. And that's okay with me. Magic Misfit, however, had my eyes rolling around so often I though
Bette
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating & Magical PNR🔥 Fantastic Narration🎧
Magic Misfit: A Reverse Harem Academy Romance
Raven Academy, Book 1
By: A. Caprice
Narrated by: Meghan Kelly

I enjoyed this book immensely, the story grabbed my attention right from the start and captivated it to the end, leaving me interested in what is to come in the next book. A. Caprice is a gifted author with an imaginative mind, the storylines and characters she created are original and fascinating. Delaney Jones was barely making ends meet, her h
Marlou (life_of_a_bookdragon)
This book was provided to me by Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun read while I'm stuck at home because of the Corona Virus. It was quick and easy with a whole lot of fantasy and that was just what I needed to read.

Writing style: The writing was decent. Nothing that blew me out of the water or anything, but not bad enough to DNF it 😂 There could have been so much more world-building and overall just more details but oh well it was okay.

Characters: I'm not attached
Nia Ireland
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Delaney is recruited to join the Raven Academy, a school dedicated to training witches to use their powers properly. While she’s there, the discovers that she is the subject of an ancient prophecy… which makes her the Chosen One TM.

When she arrives at the academy, she finds herself immediately attracted to her brand spanking new insta-love mates who are dedicated to keeping her safe and training her to use her powers so she can fulfil the prophecy.

The relationships are intense, but I found mysel
Phoebe
Magic Misfit (2020) is a lot of fun. A. Caprice has written a strong heroine in Delaney. I love that Delaney is a MMA fighter with 48 losses and one win (laugh). She just keeps fighting and the world of magic needs a heroine like her.

Misfit is listed as a reverse harem, but Delaney only hooks up with one guy. She may like more than one, but she only gets intimate with one. Hence why I am not listing this as a poly romance. It has not crossed that line yet.

The fight scenes are awesome even when
Natalia Navarro
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing start of a new series!!! 🤩

This is the first A Caprice book I have read and I loved it!!!... You will love Delaney right away, she's sassy, badass, with a strong will and attitude, who takes no sh&$% from no one #girlpower 💪👊⚢... She's suddlendy thrown into a magical world she didn't know about, trying to learn to use her powers while being victim of strange magical "accidents" 😳🙈... And what about that strange prophecy?, Is she really the chosen one??? 🤔🧐... With three hot alpha male sud
Saoirce
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Story

I really liked the plot in this story a lot. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I was totally frustrated at the absolute lack of progress with our heroine's skills.
I understand moving at a slow pace, but I am just tired of these tropes that have the MC not realizing what she is capable of until the last book. As this is a relatively small complaint, and the plotline is really good, I will continue to look forward to reading book 2 with great anticipation.
Already ha
Toula
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Audio book review

This audio caught my attention right away. The author A. Caprice wrote a great story. What I liked about it , the story didn’t take place in High School but in University. The heroine is strong not your usual school female. She’s working as an MMA fighter just a normal girl . Delaney doesn’t know that magic is around until a wearwolf attacks her . There is lots of action , fights , and twists and turns. Delaney finds out she’s a witch There are 3 men that want to protect her ,
Perks Of Being A Fangirl

Really enjoyed the author's writing style - the humour, suspense and character building was strong and kept me interested.

It was a refreshing concept to have the main heroine be a MMA fighter, it gives her a bit of snark and I would kill for confidence like hers...even if it's all bs. Delaney would definitely be a glass half full type of person. Surprisingly, we don't learn much about Delaney and her role in the prophecy as much as I would have liked. I hope we get to explore this more in the
Rachel Osborne
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book from this author but it definitely won't be my last. I absolutely devoured this book. Right from the start you're thrown into an intriguing world of the paranormal and prophecies. I loved Delaney and her wonderful quirkiness. She was the sassy female that just won't take mess from anyone and has a fantastic vocabulary. Raven academy has all the things you'd want in a school, including all the bad aspects. I really enjoyed the plot with its mystery that had you guessing the ...more
Shy Gawerecki
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Audiobook Review:

What a great start to a series. It was funny, steamy, fast paced, and extremely entertaining. I love a good reverse harem book. Especially of the paranormal variety. And while things aren't exactly cohesive on the RH front like I've seen in other books, I look forward to seeing how it will gel together in future books. More specifically if the guys can ever gel together. And it was all perfectly narrated by Meghan Kelly. I loved the different tones she had for each character and
Ryan Taylor
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I really enjoyed this book. It was a great start to what I'm sure will be an exciting series.
I loved Delaney, the lead female character. she was the perfect mix of strength, sass and a little vulnerability.
The story kept me engaged and looks set to be very interesting.
There was a nice amount of action to keep you gripped and the three lead guys were a good mix of protective and broodyi laughed out loud so many times with this one too. The writing is so witty and fun. I just loved it.
C
Klynn
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
This book had its moments, but at times it just felt hollow, like it was missing something. Despite this I still enjoyed it and will probably read the next book.

Things I liked:
- I liked that the students actually went to class and those classes had detailed descriptions
- the humor had me chuckling out loud a couple times

Things I didn't like:
- her relationships were kind of insta love, like there wasn't any build up. More telling than showing?
- there wasn't any motivation behind the big bad
Rachel
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I really look forward to reading this author after she's become more practiced. I liked the solid opening, and the fact she doesn't make Delaney perfect, flaws are so much more fun to read. I loved the friendships, and the ending gave me a small surprise and a laugh that saved me from being entirely bored with the book.

But yes something was very boring in the middle to the point i was skimming most of the final book. I think if the author hones in on her humor more than the serious it'll really
Tre Talbot
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read that put a spell on me from the very beginning, I never wanted to hit pause while listening to this audiobook version. The narration by Meghan Kelly brings the characters to love more then the words on the page do already. I couldn’t decide who I was rooting for more between Dante, Gareth and Bane. Delaney is one lucky lady to have these men surrounding and teaching her. There’s mystery intertwined with romance throughout the story to give it that sexy edge along with having your in ...more
Deb Le
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great start to a series! I was hooked right from the start and sucked into the Raven Academy. The characters are so three dimensional, I felt like I knew them. Delaney absolutely rocks, she struggles and flails but never gives up. Her friends are fantastic, and I like where things seem to be heading with Gareth, Danté and Bane. Twists and turns galore with a nice dollop of suspense. This is my new favourite series. I can't wait for more. ...more
Cheryl Sedman
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. This book is full of twists and turns and plenty of action.
We meet Delaney at her job who meets Bane on her way home as she's attacked by a werewolf. He then takes her to Raven academy where things go crazy. She meets Dante and Gareth while at the academy so with three hot men in her corner and her two new best friends will she survive her time at the academy. Pick up a copy and find out
Megan
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This was a good first book and the storyline is promising. The formatting in this book wasn’t the same as the majority of other e-books and I didn’t enjoy that. I think the storyline has promise, but I probably won’t read this first book again. I’ll read the subsequent books to find out what will happen. I’m not sure whether it was the formatting or the story that didn’t keep my interest.
Heather Bane
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS BOOK 1 OF THE RAVEN ACADEMY SERIES. THE FIRST THING THAT DREW ME TO THIS BOOK IS THE COVER. I LOVED THE COVER. IM GLAD IT DID BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS WELL WRITTEN WITH AN INTERESTING STORYLINE. I LOVED THE CHARACTERS AND IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK. I WOULD RECOMMEND READING.

Courtney watson
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Magic misfit was funny, steamy and had a decent plot. I liked the characters and there wasn't a disappointing cliffhanger. That being said I'm not jumping to read the next one. It had all the pieces I like in a RH but somehow failed to really suck me in. I'll add it to my TBR list. Hopefully the next will get me
Natasha Maltman
Apr 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF

1 Star = DNF.
2 Star = Finished. Didn’t really enjoy.
3 Star = Finished. Story was neither good nor bad.
3.5 Star = Finished. Story was good. Will probably pick up next in series if there is one.
4 Star = Finished. Enjoyed story & will definitely pick up next in the series!
5 Star = Bloody LOVED it! ❤️
Brooke
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A slow burn romance so far in this reverse harem series and I loved every minute of it. On top of that we have someone trying to kill Delaney and some magic mishaps, this book keeps you entertained from beginning to end. We do have a bit of a cliffhanger but one that will have me keeping an eye out for the next.
Corrinne
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was really enjoying this book and then it ended ! I love paranormal and this book has it and there is more to come ! Loving Delaney the bad ass that she is ! And the guys ... Gareth especially ! great read and highly recommend can’t wait for book 2
April M
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good read.

This was a bit different from the other academy books I've read. I really liked the FMC. She was whitty and would not back down. I cant wait to discover more about her magic. I bet it's different than other witch's magic.
Booklass Garrahan
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fun

This is a fun read with some nice, snarky humor. I think the heroine is a nice, optimistic girl who might not be the most ambitious when it comes to school, but works hard when it comes to fighting. This is a new author, and, so far, I like what she is doing with the story.

• Touch of the Mage (Twyst Academy, #1)
  • Hidden Power (Academy of Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Blood of the Mage (Twyst Academy, #2)
  • Waking Darkness (Academy of the Underworld, #1)
  • Forbidden Bond (Academy of Elemental Magic, #2)
  • Becoming (Mountain Magic, #1)
  • Crescent Wolves (Supernatural Shifter Academy, #1)
  • Claiming Darkness (Academy of the Underworld, #2)
  • The Terrible Gift (Empath Found, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (New Moon #1)
  • Summer Semester (Omega Wolf Academy, #1)
  • The Unwanted Challenge (Empath Found, #2)
  • Spark of Fire (The Academy of Elements, #1)
  • Heart of the Mage (Twyst Academy, #3)
  • Dragon Taken (Draecus Clan, #1)
  • Shadow Promise (Academy of Elemental Magic, #3)
  • Caged Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #1)
  • Fated Magic (Claimed by Wolves, #1)

Raven Academy (3 books)
  • Magic Misfire (The Raven Academy #2)
  • Magic Misrule (Raven Academy #3)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....