Start by marking “Angel Flight (Flygirl #2)” as Want to Read:
Angel Flight (Flygirl #2)

Angel Flight

(Flygirl #2)

Two women. The men they love. One desperate plan.

Pilot Tris Miles is finally getting the recognition she deserves. She is a trusted captain and confidante to her boss at Westin Charter Company, and mentor to her young, ambitious co-pilot Bruce. Tris is offered a coveted promotion and the opportunity of a lifetime—to fly a prestigious “angel flight,” transporting a critical
Published September 8th 2020 by Acorn Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Angel Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Flight

Start your review of Angel Flight (Flygirl #2)
Erin
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle, series
Thanks to NetGalley and Acorn Publishing LLC for an egalley in exchange for an honest review.

One of my favorite reads of last year Flygirl was the first book in this series and I was so excited to see what lay ahead for Captain Tris Miles. Now working for a company that allows her to spread her wings, Tris feels very confident in her boss, Woody, and co-pilot Bruce. When Woody tells Tris that he is looking to expand the business and is seriously considering her for Chief Pilot, she knows she
Mimi Loucks
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Angel Flight is the second novel of the trilogy featuring Tris Miles a female commercial pilot who endured gender discrimination and sexual harassment in her workplace. In this novel, we gain a better understanding of who Tris is as and her daily personal struggles. R.D. Kardon did an excellent job developing Tris's character and making her relatable. Though I was able to relate to several situations Tris was dealing with, I also found myself questioning her response. Tris proves she is a compet ...more
Susan Peterson
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight is a captivating book—a real page-turner! Pilot Tris Miles is fighting to break down gender barriers in a very male-dominated industry, and finally feels as though her ambitions are about to be fulfilled. On a personal level, she’s lonely, still grieving the loss of her former lover. The behind-the scenes, intimate details of the life of a pilot—especially a female pilot—are brought to light in a plot that is fast-paced and engrossing. This book has so many layers, a roller coaster ...more
Kamini Mehta
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets and lies. Tris is struggling to move on. Who can she trust? Why does everyone seem to have ulterior motives? who can she trust? A strong female character written with compassion.
A.R. Hellbender
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is such an exciting follow up to Flygirl.
While the first book has a more quiet plotline based mostly on workplace politics and the BS that a woman has to put up with in a line of work dominated by men, this second book is packed with drama and mental breakdowns when several characters throughout the story can’t handle the problems going on around them.
The whole story has so much tension that builds up until you just know something horrible is about to happen, but there’s no telling what.
Mike Murphey
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Robin Kardon’s sequel to her acclaimed novel The Flygirl follows Tris Miles as she continues her quest to break commercial aviation’s gender barriers. Drawing from her own experience as she confronted these same obstacles to her aviation career, Kardon knows of what she writes. With Angel Flight, Kardon presents a fascinating study of the psychological burdens borne by professionals whose most sacred responsibility is the safety of their passengers. Tris’s story transcends the cockpit, though, t ...more
Cheryl
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Damaged people damage people. - Marianne Williamson

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING especially if you haven't read the first book in the series

A couple of years after the events in the first book of this series FLYGIRL Captain Tris Miles is working for a charter company out of the same airport from the previous book. She started as a flight instructor and is now the only pilot who is a Captain for this company flying charters.

The company is chosen to fly an "angel flight" out of Iqaluit, Nunavut Canada
Sherrill Joseph
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
R.D. Kardon’s second book Angel Flight brings us the return of Tris Miles from Flygirl. Tris is now a captain with Westin Charter Company. She seems to have it all: the coveted captain’s role she’s clawed her way to earn in the male-dominated world of aviation; a new personal relationship; and, the chance to be the pilot in command for an “angel flight—a mission of mercy for a terminally ill woman.

But expect turbulence ahead in all three arenas. And a stunning plot twist!

Kardon weaves an energe
Lynda
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbc-arc
This is the second book in the Flygirl series.

Tris Miles has left Tetrix and is now a captain with Westin Charter and has been promised a promotion once she has completed the training for another pilot, to captain. However, she is no longer sure if he is ready for the promotion.

Her previous employment, and the loss of Bron, her partner, have affected Tris in many ways and she is secretly seeing a physiotherapist. If anyone finds out her career could be at risk.

Meanwhile she meets Mike, and for
Gene Desrochers
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my second go round with Tris Miles. The character has deepened and this story took me to unexpected places both in regards to her personal quest for love and happiness after losing the love of her life years earlier to the difficult journey it takes to make a living and be promoted in the world of commercial aviation. Kardon seems to know a lot about that world which is one of the reasons I’ve loved these stories. It’s a well-guarded world dominated by men. Her bravery and persistence ma ...more
Barbara Shaw
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
R.D Kardon’s newest book, Angel Flight , grabbed me from the introductory quote “Damaged people damage people” (Marianne Williamson) to the final scene of the book. It’s a fast-paced story that will keep you up at night, reading. Kardon surprises the reader with many unexpected plot twists and turns. The characters have complex inter-relationships which enhances the story. My favorite books are those when I can’t guess what happens next. Angel Flight is one of those books.
In addition, the read
J
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review. I started reading the book and got the feeling that there was a little mystery here. Boy was I wrong, there was a whole lot of mystery here and it kept me up all night reading.
Until the author was ready to let us in on what was happening, there wasn't a clue to prepare me. I was even surprised that the plane landed in Bangor Maine. This book lets you in on the world of flying and the people who fly. Most of the time we see
Amy L.
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight reads like a suspense novel as it follows Tris Miles of Fly Girl, R.D. Kardon's first novel. Tris is now a respected Captain in charge of training and ready for her next promotion. She is entrusted as the pilot in charge of an Angel Flight to transport an ALS patient from a remote village in Northern Canada to the United States for a lifesaving medical procedure.
Can Tris trust her crew to make the decisions necessary to accomplish this important flight? Can she trust herself? Her re
Sam Ashkenas
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tris is back, and this time she is quickly promoted and is faced with a new quest: to fly a Tetrix executive’s sick wife to treatment, a true “angel flight.”

Her mission quickly devolves, and Kardon is a pro at upping the anti. Cargo for Tris plane includes Hazmat materials, but they were neglected as to the label and turn out to be explosive. That’s right, Tris is carrying hazardous materials. But Tris has no idea what’s actually in the box. And this is just the start of her adventure.

The sick p
Adam Ross
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tris Miles is back! And this time around she is tested in ways she might not be ready for.

Seeing her back in action was like catching up with an old friend. Tris is the Captain of a new charter airline with a promotion in sight. And then Mike walks into her life and sweeps her off her feet. However, there is more to him than he is ready to reveal.

At the same time Tris is tasked with planning an “angel flight” for a dying woman. All seems to be coming together until unseen paths cross again for
ines M
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tish is a pilot. A female pilot, in fact. And as everyone could suspect, she fought through all her career against chauvinism. She seems to be in a better place in that department working for Westin. But what about her personal life? Will she be able to leave the past behind and start building her future? Will she be able to forgive? Will she learn to project?
There are a lot of questions and a search for answers.
Angel Flight is a very good book. In my opinion, the author was able to construct
Lois Letchford
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The key to a good book is wanting to turn every page! Angel Flight did it for me. The characters are flawed, the plot persuasive, the conflict believable.
Conflict occurs on multiple levels - the personal, professional, and friendship level. It all makes for great reading.
Robin's experience and research added to my enjoyment of Angel Flight. Flying has been a regular occurrence (until March 2020). We take for granted the hoops each pilot encounters, so safety is assured. Reading Angel Flight give
Marlene Wagman-Geller
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight, the sequel to Robin Kardon’s Flygirl, reveals what goes on behind the cock-pit, specifically when it involves female pilots. Fly the ‘friendly skies’ along with intrepid pilot Tris Miles, who navigates far more than atmospheric challenges. She encounters entrenched sexism in the good ole boys’ club of the airline industry, a co-pilot in the throes of an emotional melt-down, and a mortally ill patient who she is transporting to a medical center. When you throw in Tris’ romantic enta ...more
Sharon Hughson
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often the sequel surpasses the original, but in this case ANGEL FLIGHT had more tension, a deeper story and some amazing twists that made it a page-turning read. Tris is facing new challenges that relate to unchartered territory for pilots in the 90s. I connected more deeply with Tris as she struggled to overcome her hang ups and find happiness.

Heather W
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight is the second book in series about Flygirl Pilot Tris Miles. This is the first book I have read by this author and I cannot wait to read more.

I loved this book and found the characters to be well depicted and interesting people. The storyline is well written and has a real energy around it, with personal achievements, life after loss, relationships, suspense, danger, and intrigue.

C. Gonzales
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
There is a variety of characters and all of them will intrigue the reader from the very beginning making flipping pages that much easier. I love it when I'm invested in a story like I was with this one.

This is a very character driven novel overall.

There is a lot going on and be prepared to be caught up in a whirlwind and dive right in.

I loved the authenticity of the setting and characters to the time.

It's a great read!
Amy R
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pilot Tris Miles' journey to find love and career success continues in this 2nd novel, Angel Flight. As Captain at Westin Charters, Tris now has greater responsibilities and a shot at being Chief Pilot. Her journey is again not an easy one, as she prepares to embark on an "angel flight", in which a critically ill patient must be flown from a remote part of Canada for medical treatment. The plot thickens when she starts a relationship with fellow pilot Mike, who is competing with her for the same ...more
Karen Adler
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! After reading the author’s first book, Flygirl; I was excited to continue to follow Tris on her Angel Flight journey.

The story captured my attention from the first page. The author is very descriptive, which I enjoyed. It was easy to visualize all the characters. Whether Tris was in the cockpit, at Western Charter, or dealing with her turbulent relationship with Mike. I had a good picture in my mind.

There was a good amount of drama and suspense that kept me from putting the book
Nicola Short
An interesting and intriguing story about a female pilot who is trying to get past gender discrimination....her goal is to get chosen for the captain seat promotion. When things do not go as she imagined, she has to reevaluate her life. There are many twists throughout the story as well as some romance and lots of secrets.
Jill Hall
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Filled with romance, secrets and surprises, I flew through the pages of this gripping novel as Tris Miles continues on her path toward professional and personal fulfillment. The interesting well- developed characters and rapid-fire dialogue made me feel as if I really knew them. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series to see them again.
Marta Ratliff
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight By R.D. Kardon is a very good book. It gives a lot of insight into what female pilots have to go through even in the 2000's. This book took me by surprise with mystery, murder, and suspense. I was not expecting it, and I loved Angel Flight! Hopefully there will be more books from R.D. Kardon? I will be patiently waiting. ...more
Cristie Underwood
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This is the second book in the Angel Flight series and finds herself in a great place personally and as a pilot. She is breaking gender stereotypes in the male oriented field of aviation. Tris is chosen to do an Angel Flight for a terminally ill woman that changes her life. This story was written from multiple points of view and was a great read!
Dana Wright
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Angel Flight by R.D. Kardon is a book where there are times of such happiness but also a lot of sadness. I felt so sorry for Tris at times. Women’s rights plays a part in the book. Angel Flight is an emotional roller coaster of life. I did not expect the ending but was well written. I cannot wait for the third book in this series. I love books that are written about airplanes and women pilots.
R.K. Emery
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: women-s-fiction
I was a huge fan of Flygirl and was so excited to read this second in the trilogy.
Kardon brings us yet another story with Tris as our focal point.
I am loving the aviation themes in these books and the powerful woman themes as well.
This one really builds on the themes from the first. Tris is tested in even more ways and her resilience is empowering and inspirational.
Kardon is continuing to impress with this series, a fabulous continuation.
Chris Gallagher
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I feel like I know Tris and her struggles in aviation and in life. In this 2nd book in the series Tris has really come to life. I can’t wait for the next chapter of her story. This was a real page turner.

• Christmas Sisters (Soul Sisters at Cedar Mountain Lodge, #1)
  • The Christmas Table (Christmas Hope, #10)
  • Conversations with the Past: How to Let Go of the Past, Redefine Your Present, and Create a Positive Future
  • Blood and Sand (The Collected Stories of Ramsbolt, #1)
  • Stay
  • Lost Girl: A Shelby Day Novel
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • A Painter in Penang: A gripping story of the Malayan Emergency (Penang series Book 3)
  • Chasing Wild Horses
  • Mystery Bones Murders
  • Under a Sky on Fire
  • A Whirl with My Mocha-Chocolate Swirl (One Scoop or Two)
  • The Fallen Hero (Hero in Paradise Book 3)
  • Eucalyptus Street: Green Curse (A Botanic Hill Detectives Mystery, Book 2)
  • The Perfect Revenge: The Dragonfly Rises (The Perfect Revenge, #1)
  • My Husband's Daughter
  • It Takes Death to Reach a Star
  • The Little Swiss Ski Chalet (Romantic Escapes #7)
Robin D. “R.D.” Kardon is a native New Yorker, educated in the New York City public school system. She attended New York University where she earned a B.A. in Journalism and Sociology, magna cum laude, and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.

After college, Robin went to law school at The American University, Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C. There, she was a Moot Court champion and earned h

Flygirl (2 books)