Start by marking “Scintilla (El Corazon #1)” as Want to Read:
Scintilla (El Corazon #1)

Scintilla

(El Corazon #1)

How far is too far to go to save someone you love?

Brandon Lynch is magical. He’s a scintilla, wielder of electricity and is in love with a werewolf—or maybe he’d just in love with the idea of loving a werewolf?

Raul Fierro is a werewolf and knows he loves Brandon. He’s made a promise to always protect Brandon and will carry out that promise at all costs.

When Brandon and Rau
Kindle Edition, One, 214 pages
Published March 10th 2020 by Elizabeth Noble

To ask other readers questions about Scintilla, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scintilla

Start your review of Scintilla (El Corazon #1)
Patricia Nelson
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, amazing, incredible, intense, fast paced, action packed, smoking hot, gritty, gripping, exciting, nail biting, keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, and totally awesome start to an intriguing new series. It had me hooked from the very first page, and I can't wait to see what happens next! ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Electrifying! A sexy new thriller that captured my attention from the first page! I loved it! I really enjoyed the characters and the concept. I loved the suspense it kept me on the edge of my seat till the very end.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
SCINTILLA is the first book in the El Corazon series and we enter a world where supernaturals exist alongside 'normal' humans. As well as Werewolves, you have Scintillas (who can control electricity) and Prisms (who can reflect light), Jinnis, Leprachauns, as well as others that are only mentioned in passing.

Being the first book in the series, I was expecting gaps in the world-building. This is absolutely normal and stops the book from just becoming an info-dump. Hopefully, I will learn more abo
Mstay1985
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Definitely different

I really enjoy fantasy books where they introduce more than one type of species. This book had many different kinds in the world. It was an interesting world to fall into. Also as annoying as it can sometimes feel when MCs don’t just hop together for their HEA. I believe this story did a good job of showing how trauma affect a person causing them to flounder in their relationship. Having someone like Yaya to give you a push certainly doesn’t hurt.
Erin
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
I've been mulling this one around, trying to figure out what exactly about it put me off. All I've really come up with is: ya basic.

The writing isn't great. The premise is goofy. I was fine with how it started, but then as the characters spiral off into this manhunt with the undercover idea...it just stretched my suspension of disbelief until it snapped. There just wasn't enough there to pull me in. Scintilla didn't feel special or amazing or even surprising. It just kind of happened in front o
Maryann Kafka
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brandon Lynch is cute, shy, and needs to learn the words to “Born to be Wild”! Because he has a unique power, he works for his father’s business Seafind. But Brandon doesn’t feel loved or cared for by his family.

Raul Fierro is a bounty hunter/werewolf, who also works in his families business, El Corazon. Raul is a gruff, strong werewolf but he can also be thoughtful and caring. Opposite of Brandon, Raul comes from a very loving family. Raul’s only downfall is a certain centaur!

On Brandon’s excur
Kristina
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I enjoyed this book a lot more than I anticipated and that made me happy! It had me wrapped up in the mystery and needing to know what came next.

Brandon was a very interesting and unique character, being a Scintilla, and his skills with computers blew my mind (in a good way).

Raul was a character that I was expecting to not like as well as I did (which. once I started to get to know him, wasn't a surprise), though the double careers kinda annoyed me - it wasn't something that I c
MariF
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pleasant KU surprise from the new to me author.
Interesting plot, good writing though some things were incohesive but overall impression were favorable.
I liked both Brandon and Raul and, despite incohesive undercover operation, I have rooted for their success and was happy with the final results.
It's a PNR, so I can ignore some of the things that don't make much sense if I enjoy the plot. I did enjoy the story and will look up this author's backlist to confirm my first impression.
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 3.5 stars.

Brandon goes on vacation to fulfill his sexual fantasy with a werewolf Dom at the El Corazon adult entertainment club in Arizona. The werewolf he gets is Raul, grandson to the club owner and professional bounty hunter. One scene is not enough for either of them and a bond is struck. But Brandon is a scintilla, a magical human that wields electricity, and an expert with using electronics to glean information. Months later Brandon disappears and his father shows up to h
Kim
Apr 10, 2020
Loraine COleman
is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2020

• An FBI Agent and his Partner (Eclipse, #2.5)
  • The Fireman's Pole: a small town/opposites attract/gay romance story
  • Tidal Wave (Broken Chains MC, #1)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • A Dragon's Fortune (Magic Emporium)
  • Chew Toy
  • Baby and the Bear
  • Recipe for a Curse (Romancing a Curse, #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Winter's Knight (L'Ange #4)
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Colder Than Fiction
  • Brought to Light (Magic Emporium)
  • Enthralled (The Knight and the Necromancer)
  • Soulbond: The Omega's Assassin
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Playing Chicken: A short St Dwynwen's Day story