Start by marking “The Escape (US Marshals, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Escape (US Marshals, #1)

The Escape

(US Marshals #1)

US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn are thrust into a high-profile case when they are called on to transport two prisoners across the country on a private plane. But when the plane experiences engine trouble en route from the Pacific Northwest to Colorado, the pilots crash-land the aircraft deep in the heart of the sprawling Salmon-Challis National Forest.

When Madis
Published November 3rd 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about The Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Escape

Start your review of The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
PamG
THE ESCAPE by Lisa Harris is the first book in the US Marshall series. It is a Christian action adventure suspense novel that moves quickly between the states of Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and Texas. Two US Marshalls are assigned to a prisoner transport from Seattle to Denver when their plane crashes. What follows is a week of non-stop suspense, stress, and action.
Madison James and Jonas Quinn are the protagonists in this novel. Both are US Marshalls and the point of view switches seam
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“How do you catch a fugitive who has nothing to lose?
US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn have orders to transport two high-profile prisoners across the country on a private plane. But when the plane experiences engine trouble en route from the Pacific Northwest to Colorado, the pilots crash-land the aircraft deep in the heart of the sprawling Salmon-Challis National Forest.
With both pilots and one prisoner dead--and one fugitive on the run--Madison and Jonas must negoti
Deanne Patterson
The Escape was my first read of a Lisa Harris book. Yes I know, what exactly was I waiting for?
Madison and Jonas are US Marshals . They've been assigned to transport two convicts but the plane crashes in the Salmon-Challis National Forest. One convict dies upon impact the other escapes.
The marshals must not only survive the elements but track their man who always manages to stay one step ahead of them through disguises and help from those he knows.
Your adrenaline will be pumping as your read abo
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
'Sometimes the darkness seems so much stronger than the light....But God is so much bigger than the darkness.'

I had never read this author before, but the book's cover and synopsis convinced me to give it a read. It was a really good book. I love a good suspense novel and this one fit the bill admirably. Two US Marshals are on a plane escorting two prisoners when the plane crashes, leaving only the marshals and one prisoner alive. And he has escaped. From then on, the action never lets up. This
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great story with plenty of twists and suspense. But a cliffy! ugh!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book has all the makings of a great story. Suspense, police procedures, and maybe even a little romance with the two characters that were thrown together in a fast and furious chase across many states.

But the romance was not to be. At least not yet. The author drew the interest between these two out further and further, much to the frustration of this reader.

But Harris caught my attention with the chase.
Bonnie DeMoss
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Madison James and Jonas Quinn, both US Marshals, are assigned to transport two dangerous criminals by plane to a new destination. After the plane crashes, Madison and Jonas must track an escaped murderer in the wilderness and beyond to try and keep him from killing anyone else. At the same time, Madison still doesn't know who killed her late husband. However, clues have been turning up.

This is a fast paced, action-packed Christian thriller with many twists and turns. It was hard to put down and
Paula Shreckhise
“Everything they did as marshals was strategic in order to ensure the safety of everyone involved. She had to rely on her skills, her teammates, and her faith in God.”

This was one edge-of-your-seat suspense that hit the ground running!
A prisoner transport gone wrong after a small plane crash, has U.S. Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn tracking a prisoner through the wilderness. It was non-stop action as they pursue this crafty criminal through numerous situations.
Ms. Harris has come up wi
Loraine
Lisa Harris kicks of her latest suspense series with her usual bang. High impact and
constant chills fill this story from start to finish. Madison James and Jonas Quinn are US Marshals assigned to fly two felons to be expedited from Seattle to Denver. But the flight doesn't go as planned, and Madison and Jonas find themselves wrapped up in a manhunt they never expected.

I appreciated that suspense was front and center and the little bit of romance definitely played in the background. Turning page
Lori
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book y'all! It is sooooooo good! I picked up my print copy from the post office and I just loved this book! I couldn't out it down until I finished it! I'm like wow! This book deserves more than 5 stars because of the solid writing that Harris does. I like that her characters are realistic and at they have feelings just like the people do in real life.
I enjoyed the the plot and all of the characters. Harris sure knows how to keep her readers interested! So many twists and turns! Just like
Cara Putman
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wowzers! This book is a literaly race from opening page to almost the final page. Follow US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn as they race through the Pacific Northwest across the country in pursuit of an escaped prisoner. All three were in a transport flight that crashed. And the race is desperate and down to the wire. Add it moments of romance laced tension, and this is a book that romantic suspense lovers will enjoy -- and it builds to the next book...one I'm itching to read! ...more
Gloria
The Escape is a great start to the US Marshals series. As it starts, it is the anniversary of the murder of the husband of US Marshal Madison James. Someone has been leaving a black rose on his grave but this year someone leaves a black rose on her bed. Before she has too much time to think about it she is assigned to transport two prisoners from Seattle, her home office, to Denver. On the same assignment, US Marshal Jonas Quinn, newly operating from the Seattle office, is making the trip. Quinn ...more
Toni Osborne
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
US Marshall book #1

This high octane cat and mouse game between the US Marshall and a fugitive is quite entertaining and an attention grabber.

It opens with two Marshalls transporting two prisoners across the country when their plane crashes, Madison James and Jonas Quinn survived, the pilots are killed so is one of the prisoners but Damon Barrick, the most dangerous one manages to escape thus launching a manhunt through forest, towns, airports, train and bus stations.

Although the subject is by f
Faye
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
US Marshals Madison and Jonas are transporting two prisoners by plane to a secure location in Denver, but when the plane experiences engine trouble and they are forced to crash land somewhere in between. Upon regaining consciousness, they find that one of the prisoners is dead, but the other has escaped.

A heart pounding, action packed adventure of survival, and trying to catch a cunning con artist murderer. This is a intense read, filled with suspense, mystery, and great tension.

Madison and Jo
Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama
Not sure exactly what rock I have apparently been living under to never have heard of Lisa Harris!! I mean I love suspense novels especially sprinkled with a little romance so this was spectacular and I cannot wait to read more from her! She has definitely been added to my go-to authors! The Escape is the first in the US Marshals series and boy does it have me hooked. I could not put this one down. Just when I thought I was reading the last chapter for the night something else happened and I had ...more
Abigail Harris
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: launch-teams
I think that this is the longest I've taken to read a book.

First off, I love Lisa Harris' books, really love them, and the facts she includes are wonderful, which is why I was so so so excited to see she was publishing a book focusing on US Marshals, I knew she would get it right.

And since my brother is really interested in the Marshals I have gotten lots of info on them.

But I started The Escape right in the middle of a reading slump, the worst reading slump ever, honestly. And I read about twen
Melissa
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-audios
The Escape is quite the exciting read! Trying to catch an escaped killer on the run from a plane crash made for quite a story line and hard to put down. Madison and Jonas are fun characters and I really enjoyed them in this story. Madison's back story peaked my interest especially with the mystery element that's sure to come out in the rest of the series. All in all, a good start to her new series. Looking forward to book 2!

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a p
Staci
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Good start to the series! While it's great to read series that feature different main characters, it's a nice change of pace to have one that will focus on the same characters throughout. ...more
Nora St Laurent
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story reminded me of the movie The Fugitive starring Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. In that U.S. Marshall, Tommy Lee Jones and his team chase Harrison Ford, who they suspect has murdered his wife. Harrison Ford is a smart man and stays one step ahead of the Marshalls, just like in this novel.

U.S. Marshal Madison James and Jonas Quinn are brought together in an effort to track down high-profile prisoners. It should have been an easy transfer transporting two prisons across county in a pr
Robin Reynolds
*received from the publisher and voluntarily reviewed*

This is officially my favorite of Ms. Harris’ books. It’s only the third book of hers I’ve read, but still. I love plane crash/survival stories, so I had high hopes, and the author delivered. When we meet Madison, a US. Marshall, she is still grieving the senseless murder of her husband five years before. She’s dated occasionally over the years, but her heart was never in it. Every year on the anniversary of his death, she would visit his gra
Gobookmart
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
THE ESCAPE by Lisa Harris is the very first Novel in the US Marshall series. It is an action packed adventure suspense novel that moves in between the states of Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado and Texas. Two US Marshalls are assigned to transport a prisoner from Seattle to Denver when their plane got crashed. What follows is a week of mystery, stress, and action.

Madison James and Jonas Quinn are the two main characters in this novel. Both are US Marshalls and the perspective switches flawle
Amanda Geaney
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Escape is a real page-turner! Here are three reasons why Lisa Harris's new series will jolt you out of your reading slump:

1. NON-STOP ACTION. From the first page to the last, Harris keeps the throttle pegged! The plane crash that affords a prisoner the opportunity to escape is just the beginning. While trying to apprehend Barrick, US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn discover they are facing a formidable adversary. Envisioning himself as a wrongfully accused man, Barrick employs cunning
Nicole
Aug 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Fans of suspense with little to no romance will enjoy this latest book by Lisa Harris. This fast-paced book was filled with action and gave readers a look into some of the responsibilities of US Marshals. The mystery mentioned in the beginning of the story carries through into a cliffhanger at the end of the book, while this book focuses mainly on a separate storyline. It seems like our heroine will also play a starring role in book 2 of the series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book a
Sara Wise
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
** “Sometimes the illusion of strength could be used as a veneer to hide the chinks in one’s armor.” **

** “And we do what we do because this world is full of sin and evil that needs to be stopped. Because we want to see good thrive and justice reign.” **

Lisa Harris draws us into the world of the US Marshals with “The Escape,” an action-packed romantic thriller featuring a game of cat and mouse.

When Madison James and Jonas Quinn, who briefly trained together several years ago, are placed together
Renee Knoblauch
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Harris is one of my favorite Christian suspense authors. Her Nikki Boyd series has been one of my many favorites of her books. I’m always excited to see new series from Lisa Harris. She knows how to grab your attention and keep you reading late into the night with all the twist turns throughout.

Madison and Jonas the US Marshals trying to apprehend a fugitive on the run . Both of them are interesting and realistic characters. You can’t help to not like them and find yourself quickly fond of
Connie Saunders
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've come to expect thrilling romantic suspense when I begin a new Lisa Harris book and The Escape is certainly no exception! Shortly after this story begins, there is a plane crash that leaves two U.S. Marshals struggling to stay alive while trying to find the escaped fugitive who has also apparently survived the crash. Over a period of one week, Madison James and Jonas Quinn maneuver dangerous terrain and travel across several states, as they feverishly work to prevent Damon Barrick from killi ...more
Joan
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review of Advanced Reader eBook

Two US Marshals, Madison James and Jonas Quinn, transporting two prisoners from the Pacific Northwest to Denver, are temporarily knocked unconscious when the plane crashes in the Salmon-Challis National Forest. One of the prisoners, Paul Riley, dies in the crash; the other, Damon Barrick, escapes.

Desperate to disappear, Barrick will do anything to remain free but the marshals are determined to re-capture the fugitive. Can they find the elusive prisoner before he pu
Erin Laramore
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to the US Marshals series! This book follows US Marshals Madison James and Jonas Quinn as a routine prisoner transport ends in a plane crash that allows one of those prisoners to escape. No matter what they do, he seems to stay one step ahead of them. While the main story line doesn't have a mystery per se (you know who the villain is, just not how they're going to catch up to him), there is an underlying mystery in the background in Madison's personal life. The main story lin ...more
Amanda Tero
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this cat-and-mouse chase story. Sometimes these can be redundant and make it seem like the good guys are stupid… but, I absolutely loved that the criminal was so smart. It did occasionally drag the slightest bit when the Marshals were stumped again, but maybe that was just because I wanted them to catch the guy. This was not as suspenseful as some books I’ve read, but the pace was good.

I’m beginning to appreciate the way Lisa Harris handles romance. She doesn’t go into the deep
Suzie Waltner
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
In The Escape, Lisa Harris delivers a fast-paced, intriguing storyline that gives readers an insider's view of the role US Marshals play in capturing a fugitive.

It’s clear that Madison James and Jonas Quinn are excellent in their roles in the Marshals office as they attempt to get into the mind of a criminal and anticipate his next move. There are plenty of obstacles thrown in along the way to keep the tension tight and the pages turning.

I didn’t realize this was the first book in the series, bu
Linda Klager
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was packed full of action. I received an ARC from the author - all comments are my own.

Madison James was a U.S. Marshal. She was married, but her doctor husband was murdered in the hospital parking lot. Madison has not been able to find his killer, but each year a black rose is placed on her husband's grave. Then one day a black rose is placed inside her home - lying on her bed.

Madison comes from a long line of law enforcement men. She has a younger sister and is very protective of her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Point of Danger (Triple Threat, #1)
  • Backlash (Capital Intrigue, #2)
  • Burden of Proof
  • Active Defense (Danger Never Sleeps, #3)
  • The Price of Valor (Global Search and Rescue, #3)
  • Nothing Short of Wondrous (American Wonders #2)
  • The Love Note
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • The Key to Love
  • Soul Raging (The Book of the Wars #3)
  • The Gold Digger (True Colors)
  • Airborne
  • Courting Misfortune (The Joplin Chronicles #1)
  • The Red Ribbon (True Colors)
  • The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Everywhere to Hide
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
LISA HARRIS is a Christy Award finalist for Blood Ransom and Vendetta, Christy Award winner for Dangerous Passage, and the winner of the Best Inspirational Suspense Novel for 2011 (Blood Covenant) and 2015 (Vendetta) from Romantic Times.

She has almost forty novels and novellas in print. She and her family work as missionaries in southern Africa. Lisa loves hanging out with her family, cooking dif

US Marshals (2 books)
  • The Chase (US Marshals, #2)