Start by marking “Her Secret Song (Brides of Hope Mountain, #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Secret Song (Brides of Hope Mountain, #3)

Her Secret Song

(Brides of Hope Mountain #3)

Published October 6th 2020 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Her Secret Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Secret Song

Start your review of Her Secret Song (Brides of Hope Mountain, #3)
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
It was easy to be frustrated with Ursula in the first two books with her resistance to her sisters' new friends and choices, so I was looking forward to reading from her perspective. I appreciated the way she eventually overcame her fears and made the choice to connect with people rather than isolate. Her singing to herself was an interesting mannerism and one that instantly connects her to Wax when she rescues him. Wax is another character going through an important transition as he abandons hi ...more
Andrea Cox
What a slam-bang finish! This whole trilogy was great, but Her Secret Song is definitely my favorite. I love that Mrs. Connealy saved the best for last.

One disappointment was that the hatchet angle was super anticlimactic. The setup with beautiful. Ursula taught herself to be a crack shot with her weapon of choice in the early scenes. But she never got to use the skills she gained. Not once! I had looked forward to seeing her take out a bear or an elk or even a villain or two with her talent, bu
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mary Connealy ends her Brides of Hope Mountain series with eldest sister Ursula's story. Ursula is the one who has stubbornly refused to ever go down the mountain to the lowlands, something her grandmother always warned her against. Then one day she decides to conquer her fears and go part way down. She finds a desperately wounded man on the trail and heads back up the mountain to tend him. Life changes for her right then and there as she fights to save Wax Mosby's life. Could Ursula possibly be ...more
Paula Shreckhise
This is the third book in The Brides of Hope Mountain series, Ursula’s story. With her sisters married and down in civilization, Ursula is the lone hold out in isolation on the mountain. She has her skills and hones a new one- ax throwing. She has her Bibles and has set scripture to song. As spring comes, Ursula decides to do a brave thing and climb down the mountain as God leads. She comes upon an injured Wax Mosley and helps him back up the mountain and nurses him back to health.
*Beneath all
Kav
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woohoo! This is some grand finale to Connealy's Brides of Hope Mountain series!!!

While there is an over-arcing villainous plot looming from the first two books, the author has written this final episode in such a way that it could be read as a standalone. BUT, having said that, it would read even better if you're up-to-date with the series and that's because you'll get the inside jokes (the second bible -- snort!) and the over all Warden/Nordegren shenanigans much better. Plus, each book is she
Connie Saunders
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This final book in the Brides of Hope Mountain series is like icing on a cake. The other two books were wonderful stories but Her Secret Song wraps up the saga of the Nordegren sisters in a totally satisfying way! I enjoyed getting to know Ilsa and Jo but author Mary Connealy truly saved the best sister for last. Ursula is the oldest and stubbornest Nordegren but she is also the loneliest. Will she remain on Hope Mountain or will she decide that she needs something more? Is Ursula destined to li ...more
Kailey
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favorite book in the series! I loved it! I love Mary Connealy’s sense of humor. I also enjoyed Ursula facing her fears and branching out to try new things. I enjoyed getting to know Wax better and his redemption. I really liked the way this series wrapped up and ended. This is a series that I could see myself reading again!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Melissa
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect finale! This is easily my favorite of the series. Watching Wax finally find a happy ending after all the heartache he went through was awesome and Ursula was the perfect match for him. The story kept me so engrossed I had trouble putting it down. I really really enjoyed this book.

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.
Faye
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The satisfying conclusion to The Brides of Hope Mountain.

Ursula Nordegren is the eldest of the sisters, she has chosen to live alone deep in the mountains over the winter, which has given her the time to hone her skills and realize that she can't hide from the outside world forever.

Wax Mosby regrets his mistakes of becoming a hired gun for a less than honest man. On his way to warn the Warden family he finds himself injured and is rescued by a beautiful woman with a golden voice.

An engaging re
Stacey
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Brides of Hope Mountain series has featured three interesting sisters, this book being about Ursula, the oldest of the trio. Each sister has unique survival talents, Ursula's being the ability to throw a small axe. I am a big fan of Mary Connealy's female characters, most of which show a lot of grit and sass. I loved that the three Nordegren sisters not only had strengths, but weaknesses, which gave room for their characters to grow. At the beginning of the novel, Ursula was stricken with fe ...more
Vibliophile
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) - "Durnedest gunfight I’ve ever been in.”

Book 3 of the Hope Mountain series brings us to Ursula's long-awaited redemption. Her fear led her to hide away from her sisters & the Warden family, but being alone all winter has driven her to attempt to climb down the cliff side of the mountain. Maybe. She's still wrestling with her fear & doubts when she comes across a very injured Wax Mosby.

Wax thinks she's an angel come to take him to heaven. And in a way she is, as Ursula realizes that
Rachael
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite book of the series--Ursula came off the least likeable of the sisters in the first two books, but here we get to see her wrestle with her fears, her regrets, and her path forward. It humanizes her, and we see what a sympathetic character she really is. Wax is the perfect hero for her--respectful for her need of solitude and full of encouragement, recognizing her strengths that others have overlooked.

I laughed over an over after that sermon about worrying, when the c
Doreen
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Ursula's story. She was most opposed to people from the outside world probably because she'd been in charge of keeping her sisters safe for so long. it was fun to see her stretched outside of her comfort zone. I loved the interactions between her and Wax. He understands her and appreciates her for the strong woman she is.

My favorite part was the fight at the end. I loved seeing the sisters take center stage and using their unusual skills. Mitch seems to get it best. "My wife is an unc
Leah
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This takes place just after the previous book ends. The main characters are looking for redemption and healing. The sisters come together with their husbands and soon-to-be husband to right a wrong and make things right again. It was interesting to see how far all of these characters have come. I like that faith is a big part of these books.
Mark
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome series full of laughs by this great author I recently started reading. Loved the characters, setting, and plot of the books.
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not wait to get my hands on this book! Her Secret Song was long anticipated and Mary Connealy didn’t let me down. After reading the first book in this series, “Aiming for Love”I fell in love with the world that Connealy created. The Nordegren sisters were so unlike any characters I had met before. Living their whole lives on a mountain and afraid of what might lie below, they lived sheltered lives and only relied on each other. But when strangers invade their little world, they have no c ...more
Cindy Green
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mary Connealy’s 3rd and concluding novel in the Brides of Hope Mountain series: Her Secret Song is Ursula Nordegren’s story. I’ve been eagerly awaiting this final installment of this story since March and so excited to finally write this review!

Book 3 picks up right where book 2 ended with the characters Wax Mosby and Ursula Nordegren on the verge of meeting. To be honest, these two seem to be the most unlikely of pairings of the series. Ursula is the oldest of the sisters but in many ways the t
Becky
First sentence: Wax Mosby was living a life that was going to kill him. Probably shot in the back by one of the men he worked with. If he wanted to live, he had to get away from here, and his time was running out. But before he could leave, he had to go up. His honor demanded he face the Wardens. And his gut told him they were at the top of the mountain.

Premise/plot: Jake "Wax" Mosby, used to be a gun for hire, but lately he's had a change of heart. Still he isn't quite sure how to go about livi
Rebecca
Oct 10, 2020 rated it liked it
"Ursula felt a song rise to her lips . . . "

Ursula Nordegren had always used her gift of song to communicate .. . . mostly to herself as of late; she had been confined to a cozy, but cave-like existence high upon Hope Mountain all winter long. Snowed in, she hadn't seen another human being in months, but spring was coming and Ursula was weary of her low country fears. Summoning up her courage and singing through her doubts, she began her slow descent, only to stumble onto something that
Kelly Bridgewater
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
With Her Secret Song by Mary Connealy had tied some of the stories loose ends. While the romance and the budding relationship between the sisters advanced and moved forward, Connealy did not forget some of the elements that made this story different from other stories. I like how Ursula did not want to come down off Hope Mountain, even so far, as to be scared of the choices her sisters were making, but she overcame those and learned to live again. I liked how the plot kept moving forward. The pa ...more
Vera Godley
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Brides of Hope Mountain ended with the oldest sister of the Nordegren girls, Ursula, remaining in an isolated, snowed-in cabin atop the mountain. Her fears of the world and of people overwhelming her.

As book 3 opens Ursula has lasted the winter in her self-imposed isolation and has a song in her heart. Music fills her being. But she senses a need to go down the mountain to where her sisters and a world of people abide.

Meeting an injured man, she reaches out to help him seek safety
Stacy
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ursula Nordegren is a woman who can stand on her own. Cabin fever begins to gnaw inside, so she begins to seek comfort in the small town of Bucksnort down from her mountain home. On the way down the mountain trail, Ursula meets a stumbling block in the way of her brave trek, Wax Mosby.

Wax carries his own secrets and wouldn't like them spilled. What ensues is a rollicking reading ride in the pages of this third novel in the Brides of Hope Mountain series.

It can be read as a stand-alone, but trea
Suzie Waltner
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Brides of Hope Mountain series by Mary Connealy comes to a close with Ursala’s romance in Her Secret Song.

The eldest Nordegren sister is the one most resistant to experience the world outside of her mountain, but a long, lonely winter leads her to face her fears. On her way to find her sisters, she finds an injured Wax Mosby.

He hasn’t led a blameless life, but his intention of making amends with the Warden family is admirable. He also understands Ursula in a way no one else does.

Connealy br
Alyssa Amey Madjeski
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whenever you open a Mary Connealy book, you should know to expect adventure, a few laughs, a little chaos, and ultimately two people who find out that they complete each other, even though the path might not be easy.

Her Secret Song is the final book in The Brides of Hope Mountain series. The series begins with three sisters who live completely cut off from the world on their mountain home- never having seen any other people besides their grandparents. But they’ve been invaded by the Warden fami
Becky
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Today, on Facebook in a group I belong to, someone asked for people to post the location of the last book you read to see if people could guess the book. It's not hard to miss Bucksnort, Colorado, for a location. If anyone has read any part of the series Brides of Hope Mountain by Mary Connealy, that person will know about Bucksnort. Her Secret Song is the final book in this series, and the story of Ursula's finding a husband. Ursula, Jo, and Ilsa all have their back-woods talents: Ursula is dea ...more
Sheila
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Mary Connealy for years. Her most recent series, The Brides of Hope Mountain, has reminded me why I love this author so much. This is definitely my favorite series to date of hers. It reminded me of The Kincaid Brides series which happened to be the first books I read of Mary's and what started me out as a fan.

Her Secret Song is the final installment of The Brides of Hope Mountain. I have eagerly awaited to get my hands on each of the three books. This third story is Ursula
Angeline
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had read the first two books in this series and I really wanted to read this book. I knew that Ursula deserved her own book. I was super excited to find I liked it as much as I had hoped. Her Secret Song is the third book in Mary Connealy’s Brides of Hope Mountain. This series features three sisters who have lived isolated from people on top of a mountain all of their lives. Her Secret Song is about Ursula, the oldest sister and Wax, Jake, Mosby.
Ursula had lived in fear her whole life. But o
Jerrye Bell
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Her Secret Song by Mary Connealy

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
_________________________________________________________________________
Story Notes

Mary Connealy brings to her readers the conclusion to her Brides of Hope Mountain series that tells of Ursula’s love story and the final showdown with the land grabbing Pike Bludgeon.

I’ve really loved reading this series! The sisters who were so isolated from the world found it crashing in on them, bringing new ideas, problems and the promise of love that
Anne
Sep 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Her Secret Song
by Mary Connealy
Back of the Book: “After a rough winter spent alone, Ursula Nordegren realizes she must overcome her fears of the outside world and begins a trek down Hope Mountain. Along the way she finds a badly wounded stranger and realizes God may have used her decision to leave as a way of saving the man.
Wax Mosby was climbing Hope Mountain in part to atone for his terrible choices. He was hired to drive out the Warden family and now knows he was duped. But when he's wounded
Leona Atkinson
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review--"Her Secret Song" by Mary Connealy
Brides of Hope Mountain--#3

This is another wonderful story weaved by Mary Connealy, that you won't want to miss reading especially if you have read the first two books in this series, but even if you haven't you would still enjoy.

This book is filled with drama, humor, and sweet romance as all three Nordegren sisters join in the fight to save the Warden ranch, each using their own unique skills they have learned from living on Hope Mountain.

If you ha
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Courting Misfortune (The Joplin Chronicles, #1)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Keeps (Colorado Cowboys, #1)
  • The Kissing Tree: Four Novellas Rooted in Timeless Love
  • Forever by Your Side (Willamette Brides, #3)
  • The Prince of Spies (Hope and Glory, #3)
  • Nothing Short of Wondrous (American Wonders #2)
  • Faith's Mountain Home (Hearts of Montana, #3)
  • Endless Mercy (The Treasures of Nome, #2)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • Tidewater Bride
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • A Castaway in Cornwall
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • Love's Mountain Quest (Hearts of Montana, #2)
  • A Bride of Convenience (The Bride Ships, #3)
  • Dreams of Savannah
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
Mary Connealy writes romantic comedy with cowboys always with a strong suspense thread. She is a two time Carol Award winner, and a Rita, Christy and Inspirational Reader's Choice finalist.
She is the bestselling author of 48 books and novellas.
Her most recent three book series are: Cimarron Legacy, Wild at Heart, Trouble in Texas, Kincaid Bride for Bethany House Publishing. She’s also written fo

Brides of Hope Mountain (3 books)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Woman of Sunlight (Brides of Hope Mountain, #2)

News & Interviews

“The pain was on the surface, so it took all his will to reach upward. But maybe that's what God asked of man. To reach upward even when it's hard.” 1 likes