Start by marking “Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)

Perfect Kill

(D.I. Callanach #6)

He had never heard himself scream before. It was terrifying.

Alone, trapped in the darkness and with no way out, Bart Campbell knows that his chances of being found alive are slim.

Drugged and kidnapped, the realisation soon dawns that hes been locked inside a shipping container far from his Edinburgh home. But what Bart doesnt yet know is that hes now heading for France

Published February 6th 2020 by Avon

Start your review of Perfect Kill (D.I. Callanach, #6)
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: He froze. Something had hold of his left ankle. He breathed hard, twice, three times, tried to get to grips with his fear, then he lost it.

'Get off me!' he yelled, wrenching his foot upwards, trying to scrabble away. He hit a wall with his head shortly before his foot locked solid and his hip popped from its socket. The scream he let out was loud enough to wake the entire terrace where he lived. He rolled right, instinct kicking in, and the displaced hip shifted again back into the
Matt
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Helen Fields and Avon Books UK for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Returning to this stellar police procedural series, I was eager to discover how Helen Fields would tackle some of the major cliffhangers she left for readers. Shes surely spun things around and developed a multi-pronged storyline that will keep series fans talking and the reader enjoying this one until the
Ceecee
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read the previous books in the series I was pleased to receive this ARC. I think this series is getting better and better, the last two have been absolute belters. The central characters are DCI Luc (Mr Dishy) Callenach and DCS Ava Turner from the MIT team in Edinburgh. Luc is back in his native France on secondment to Interpol and working with his old partner Jean-Paul. There are two cases that initially seem unconnected - in Paris illegal organ harvesting and in Scotland murders that ...more
Carolyn
This is the first book I've read in this series but it worked fine as a stand alone. I found the main characters, DCI Luc Callanach and DCS Ava Turner of the Edinburgh Major Investigation Team interesting and engaging characters. Clearly they have had a past romantic relationship, but are currently separated. Luc, with both French and Scottish heritage is currently on secondment to Interpol in France where he has been trying to track a human trafficking operation. When a young man reported ...more
Whispering Stories
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

Edinburgh student Bart Campbell awakes to find himself in a shipping container and tied down. He doesnt remember how he got there or where he is going but he realises that nothing good can come from his situation.

DI Luc Callanach is working with Interpol in Paris, France looking into an illegal organ transplant operation when he comes across an emptied body. The body belongs to Edinburgh resident Malcolm Reilly who was recently reported missing by his
Miriam Smith
Ive seen lots of positive feedback for author Helen Fields D.I. Callanach series each named with Perfect in its title but unfortunately I havent got around to reading any despite owning a couple. After securing an early copy of the highly anticipated sixth in the series - Perfect Kill - I jumped at the opportunity to see what all my fellow reviewers were talking about.
Starting exactly how I like stories in this genre to begin with - adrenaline fuelled intrigue and a captivating scenario, I was
Sean Peters
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and author for this ARC.

Firstly I have to say, I missed out on the first five books, an advantage to receive this book, an dis-advantage when you read the book and feel you have missed so much on the history of the series.

Perfect Kill is the sixth book in the D.I. Callenach series.

He had never heard himself scream before. It was terrifying.

Louise Wilson
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up 4

DI Callanach #6

This story is set between Edinburgh and Paris and covers two cases 5hat are somehow linked. A young man is kidnapped in Edinburgh but he is reported as a missing person. DCI Ava Turner is working on the case. DI Luc Callanach now works in France helping Interpol. The investigations in France is around illegal organ transplants. Ava is also investigating a murder.

Once again I did not know that this book was part of a series when I requested it. It's dark and
Ruthy lavin
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good solid crime thriller, with an exciting beginning, a gripping middle, and a fulfilling ending.
Although late to the Helen Field party, I didnt feel I was a late comer as referencing to previous books in the series is minimal.
It was easy to get into it and to feel as though Ive known them since the beginning.
A good read dealing with current and controversial topics.
4 stars.

Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a brilliant read. It was engaging, it was engrossing and it was very well written. My first read by Fields and it certainly will not be my last. Despite starting at the end of a series, I have not been deterred I need to get my hands on the rest of the books!

Fields has gone into so much detail in this story. She creates a criminal world that simply pulls you in. Initially I was uncertain where the story would be headed but, as the plot progressed, I was increasingly keen to find out more.
Emma Garland
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have so much love for this series! Great characters, twisty plots with a good dose of horror. Its one I often recommend and pre order with every added instalment. Perfect kill certainly did not disappoint!

DI Luke Callanach is back home in France. After being in Scotland for so long hes surprised how much hes missed it. The country, the language and his old partner Jean Paul. They are working closely with Interpol after the body of a young male has turned up completely hollowed, missing all the
Louise Wilson
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

DI Callanach #6

The story is set between Edinburgh and Paris and covers two cases that are somehow linked. A young man is kidnapped in Edinburgh but he is reported as a missing person. DCI Ava Turner is working on the case. DI Luc Callanach now works in France helping Interpol. The investigation in France is around illegal organ transplants. Ava is also investigating a murder.

Once again I did ot k ow that this book was part of a series when I requested it. It's dark and
Storme Reads A Lot
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading Fields. This is the book six so I need to pick up the new ones soon. They are sure to be just as interesting. I tend to like the UK police books so much better than American ones. They are usually so much better written. The story happens in France and Scotland. Ava is dealing with sex trafficking in Scotland, and Luc is dealing with illegal organ harvesting in France. These can be read alone, which I did but Im sure you get more from the relationships when you read ...more
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Avon Books UK for an advance copy of of Perfect Kill, the sixth novel to feature Edinburgh based DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callenach.

Luc is on secondment to Interpol in France investigating a people smuggling ring while Avas recently quiet life in Edinburgh is shattered by a two murders, one with links to France. What they discover is far broader than either could have imagined.

I thoroughly enjoyed Perfect Kill which is an engrossing, if rather stomach
Kat Dietrich

Perfect Kill by Helen Fields
is the 6th in the Detective Luc Callanach series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Avon Books, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background:    (Warning May contain spoilers from previous books)
DI Luc Callanach is half French and half Scottish, living most of his life in France, and working for Interpol. A false rape allegation made by co-worker Astrid
Rachel Hall
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced and full-on gritty crime thriller with strong characterisation and sharp writing.

Perfect Kill is the sixth outing in Helen Fields series and despite serving as my introduction to a well-established series it made for a convenient stand-alone with all necessary backstory drip-fed along the way. I suspect this is because the characters are well-developed and credible, giving their interaction and work as a cohesive unit an authentic feel. DCI Ava Turner heads up the Major Investigation
Anda Todoran
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review here https://thebusyshelf.home.blog/2019/1...
4.75. My heart aches for that -0.25 but the ending man, why do that?? It was fun and light and nice, it was everything this book wasn't! However, everything else was strong enough to keep it going on the verve of 5 stars.
A more thorough review will come soon but until then, do not miss this book! You MUST get your hands on it!
The Cats’ Mother
Perfect Kill is the sixth book in the Luc Callanach & Ava Turner series, set mostly in Edinburgh.
I had only read the previous one, and while there is obviously significant backstory of the relationship between the leads, I think these can be safely read as standalones. I found the first half to be horribly sick and twisted, and considered putting it aside, but my review is overdue so I pushed on and enjoyed the second half - where the baddies mostly get whats coming to them - much more.

The
Mohamed Dawood
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, favourite
Hurray!! I enjoyed completely finishing all the books in Perfect series, its not going to end now any how. I will grab the next one when it comes out...

Callanch & Ava investigating on Human Traficking and the body piles up with increase in the count and they need to find out the race & murderers soon before they ends the life of next.

Too many characters roundabout but still i am connected to the stories with no flaws, just jawdropping
Happy with Callanch still pivots this series..
If
Denise
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th book in a crime thriller series featuring DI Luc Callanach and DCI Ava Turner. Although most of these stories are set in Edinburgh, Scotland, as they work for the MIT there, Luc is currently assigned in France as Scottish liaison officer to Interpol working on tracing a human trafficking case. A Scottish national's body had been found in Flandres and all that remained of the young man was a shell -- most of his internal organs had been removed. It seems that there is something ...more
Gary
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sixth book in the DI Callanach series by author Helen Fields.
This is a crime series set in Edinburgh, Scotland and features the disgraced French police officer D.I. Luc Callanach and D.C.I. Ava Turner.
The handsome Luc Callanach and Ava Turner are working on separate cases that are soon to become connected. Luc is in France and Ava is in Scotland but they are investigating the disappearance of men and women being shipped to France in exchange for women trafficked into Scotland.
This one is
Eva
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodness gracious me. Where do I even begin?

In Perfect Kill, the reader gets a double dose of depravity as DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach work separate cases. Ava and her team are up in Scotland, while Luc has joined up with a former colleague at Interpol in France. Soon these cases will collide, with lives at stake on both sides of the Channel.

Few people manage to come up with the most evil and disturbing characters quite the way Helen Fields does. Characters that get under your skin,
peggy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I never thought this author could get even better at what she does and boy was I wrong. The Perfect series are all fantastic 5 star reads and after reading her latest I am speechless. In my opinion this is her best in the series so far. Atmospheric, tension you could cut with a knife. Chilling, dark, very dark and utterly gripping. THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! I finished this book in a day, it had me glued to my seat and tapping my kindle faster and faster. Constantly holding my breath and definitely ...more
Shalini
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was one shivery read. The scenes described were so realistic, I felt I was present right there.

This was a police procedural with Luc Callanach and Ava Turner both investigating different crimes yet they found it to be linked. The book had human trafficking, organ harvesting, abuse and debasement of women along with hard work and determination of the cops.

My first book by author Helen Fields, I was blown away by the subplots. There were many and varied, and the author brought them all
Caroline Mitchell
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"He had never heard himself scream before. It was terrifying." Thats the first line to describe Helen Fields new book. It certainly lives up to its creepy premise. Helen is a master storyteller and expertly brings this series to life. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the books in this series, which I have digested through both audio and paperbacks. In Perfect Kill, the tension is heightened further, with vivid descriptions and fantastic settings which really brings the story to life. I love the ...more
Meggy
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How can Perfect Kill be the 6th book in the #Callanach series? It feels like yesterday that I met Ava and Luc! Yet, it feels weve been friends forever I will never get enough of the sense of familiarity that envelops me when I pick Helen Fields series. It feels like coming home after wandering through other worlds. Thats how much I love everything about those Perfect books!

Chapter one. You know something is wrong. In her precise style, the author paints a parallel. A mother, a son. It doesnt
Siobhan
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Perfect Kill is the sixth book in the D.I. Callanch series, and I had to dive right into it the moment I finished Perfect Crime. I needed to see what came next for Luc, I needed to see how the new mystery would develop, and such left me devouring this one in a single sitting. I could not put it down, I was hooked.

Once again, Helen Fields has given a mystery that has you sucked in deep from the very first page. There are multiple elements to this story, leaving you to try and piece together how
Anne
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is only my second Helen Fields book but I felt like I caught right up and remembered most of the characters. It's an intense read for sure with lots of graphic and vivid scenes depicting the lives of women affected by human trafficking. Several murders, organs removed for a cult-like, gruesome ritual, and lovable characters who are flawed but will steal your heart. Definitely not the last book by Fields I'll be reading!
Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC!
Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
He had never heard himself scream before. It was terrifying

Perfect Kill by Helen Fields was just released on February 6th with Avon Books. It is described as a rollercoaster ride like no otherthe next gripping thriller from the number one bestselling crime author, Helen Fields. The perfect read for fans of M. J. Arlidge and Karin Slaughter.'

Perfect Kill is the sixth book in this series featuring DCI Ava Turner and DI Luc Callanach and I can quite honestly say that I was completely immersed
Nicole
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a messed up book, I enjoyed it though, if you could enjoy it...

I've read some dark books before but this one is definitely up there in one of the most messed up books I've ever read.

It was really difficult to read at times. The subject matter is incredibly dark and there really are a couple of scenes that were even getting a bit difficult for me to read.

If you can handle the subject matter of this book, I would definitely pick it up. It's the 6th in the series but you don't have
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Murder House (DCI Matilda Darke, #5)
  • Little Boy Lost (DCI Anna Tate, #3)
  • Little Doubt (DI Kelly Porter, #7)
  • In Plain Sight (Detective Clare Mackay Book 2)
  • Bury Them Deep: Inspector McLean 10 (The Inspector McLean Series)
  • Liar Liar (DS Grace Allendale #3)
  • The Silent House
  • Hidden on the Fens (Detective Nikki Galena #11)
  • The Body in the Snow (DCI Craig Gillard Crime Thrillers Book 4)
  • Knock Knock (Detectives Lockhart and Green Book #1)
  • Dead Wrong (DC Maggie Jamieson #2)
  • Hour of Need: A Scottish Crime Thriller (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 4)
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • See Them Run (Detective Clare Mackay #1)
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams #2)
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
An international and Amazon #1 best-selling author, Helen is a former criminal and family law barrister. Every book in the Callanach series claimed an Amazon #1 bestseller flag. Her next book, the sixth in the series, 'Perfect Kill' is due out on 6 February 2020. Helen also writes as HS Chandler, and last year released legal thriller 'Degrees of Guilt'. Her previous audio book 'Perfect Crime' ...more

D.I. Callanach (6 books)
  • Perfect Remains (D.I. Callanach, #1)
  • Perfect Prey (D.I. Callanach, #2)
  • Perfect Death (D.I. Callanach, #3)
  • Perfect Silence (D.I. Callanach, #4)
  • Perfect Crime (D.I. Callanach, #5)