Start by marking “In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)” as Want to Read:
In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)

In the Solace

(Metahuman Files #6)

Built to carry you.

Jamie Callahan is looking forward to spending the rest of his life with Kyle Brannigan. They’ve overcome impossible odds, and the only thing left to do is walk down the aisle together. Despite the happiness they’ve earned, their enemies haven’t all disappeared.

Make it to the other side.

Colonel Liam Wessex is thrilled his best friend is getting marr
Published March 23rd 2020

Start your review of In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)
Shile
Audiobook - 5+++++ eargasm stars

Story - 3.25 stars

I liked this one but didn't love it as much as I loved the previous books. I felt like I was missing a huge chunk of the story, especially when it came to Liam and Oliver's past.

I wish this was just Liam and Oliver's story. Jamie and Kyle's POV was unnecessary here, they should have gotten a short story or something, I felt disconnected. Oh yeah and My Alexei was missing.

Jamie and Oliver had some sexual chemistry which was good, the mystery was
Santy
Hailey Turner can do no wrong with this series and it's currently a 6 out of 6 books in this series that I've loved.

As usual, this book was fast paced with great action and great characters. The storyline was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was glad how Oliver stuck to his guns and refused to easily capitulate till he got the treatment he deserved. Liam for his part was great for sticking to his path, especially in acknowledging and proving that he had changed from the bastard he w
Cadiva
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liam! Finally Liam. When Hailey dropped this surprise release I was absolutely thrilled.

Her Metahumans series is right up at the top of my tree when it comes to my favourite Sci-Fi/Urban Fantasy come paranormal romance series.

There wasn't anything about this that I didn't love, oh apart from all the odd little times she likes to put her readers through an emotional wringer and drain them dry 😂

I lost count how many times my heart was in my throat and my heart was racing with fear thinking she w
haletostilinski
4.5 stars rounded up!

I was not expecting a 6th and final installment in this series, much less one with Liam finally getting someone to love as well, but that is what we got and I am so happy we got it.

Plus, we get to see Jamie and Kyle's wedding - which I was bummed about not getting to see - although I thought - or more hoped - we'd get to see it in another short. But I'm happy we got it in a full length book, plus some classic Jamie and Kyle sexy time hijinks, along with Liam's love story.

Af
Ariana
This is in many ways the cherry on top.
Liam’s story really completes this fabulous series.

I loved …

.) revisiting this universe and reminiscing ‘the good old days’.

.) seeing Jamie and Kyle on their wedding day.

.) the everlasting heat and desire between them. For me, they are one of the hottest couples ever! And they prove that yet again on their wedding night!

.) that justice was served to people who deserved it. Saying that, I was shocked (view spoiler)
Denise
4 Stars

It was so good to be back in this world! This is a series that I would happily read forever and never get tired of it.

Liam has always been Jamie's best friend and Turner surprised us with him getting his own book. We got a peek into Liam and Oliver's tense relationship in Fire in the Heart, which was full of snark and thinly veiled hatred from Oliver. These two have a lot of history and Liam had a lot to make up for. A bit of a second chance story, it follows Oliver and Liam as they work
Rach
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Our main story is between Liam and Oliver who know each from years ago (we met Oliver in a previous book). There is no love lost between the both of them at the start of the book.

Oliver certainly doesn’t make it easy for Liam but you can total understand why after finding out what happened in the past between them but Liam does show Oliver he has changed as a person while they work together.

We also finally get to see Jamie and Kyle get their HEA in this book

Hailey certainly knows how to write h
W.
UPDATE: Audiobook reviewed on August 16, 2020

Greg Boudreaux is the Bomb Diggity 😊❤ His narration was outstanding and constantly through out the entire series.

Ebook Reviewed on March 25, 2020

I Have Just Two Thing to Say!

Absolutely Spectacular !!!

Oh right, Oh right, Oh right 😁😜😀 I got few more things to say: In the Solace is the perfect finale for a brilliant and unforgettable series!

I am certain, I will be re-reading/re-listening The Metahumans Series in the years to come.

#BooksILove #KU #
Gerbera_Reads
The last adventure in the lives of my favorite agents that closes the Metahuman Files for good. As with every series there were up and downs, angst and pain, adrenaline surge and calm before the storm. So it was no surprise to me that, in typical Hailey Turner fashion, the last chapter in the lives of metahumans was spectacular in its action, rich in feelings and full with happy ever after for everyone.

I knew bare minimum about Liam from previous books. Here I got to know him better and saw him
Mariah
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I can't believe this series is done.

We got the HEA for Sean and Alexei in Fire In The Heart, and this one delivered every inch of the HEA Jaime & Kyle deserved.

I was so excited to see more of Liam and Oliver, and they did not disappoint.

We were finally clued in on the animosity between them, and the pinch of enemies-to-lovers was just what the doctor ordered.
Oliver quickly clawed his way to my heart with the rest of ghe team, and it's honestly a shame that we don't get to see more of their
Caz
I've given this an A for narration and a B+ for content at AudioGals, so that's 4.5 stars rounded up.

Note: The Metahuman Files is a series in which overarching plotlines mean all the books need to be listened to in order; there are spoilers for earlier books in this review.

When I listened to In the Requiem, book five in Hailey Turner’s gripping series of action-packed, sexy futuristic thrillers, it was billed as the last (full-length book) in the series. The main couples got their HEAs, the bad
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jaime and Kyle will always be my favorite couple.

I loved Jamie and Kyles cameo. I adored this storyline, but the MCs characters for me are unremarkable.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
3.5 stars.

I'm a big fan of Hailey Turner's Metahuman Files, and I of course enjoyed this most recent - and final, *sniff sniff* - installment in the series. Intriguing, thrilling, sexy, with an enjoyable cast of characters who showcased some novel powers (did anyone else think of The Boys??)

But I found myself agreeing with Shile that Liam and Oliver's love story felt a bit lacking. The romances are significant, if not the main focus, in this series, but they are ultimately well-developed and emo
Joyfully Jay
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Oh man, ever since the first book in the Metahuman Files series, I’ve been hooked. Turner’s writing is fantastic, her world building is beyond compare, and with each novel and novella, this world has grown and changed along with ever increasing threats. And love. Can’t forget that. Turner is a master at weaving love stories in with the post-apocalyptic action and adrenaline.

This is the last book in the series and it finally, finally brings everything to a close. W
~nikki the recovering book addict
Take 2

This was my second attempt at reading this book. My first attempt was immediately right after the release of the book. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get past the first few chapters. It was mostly a me-thing. I was either too tired or not in the mood.

I kinda was prepared not to read this ever again but I’m so glad I attempted it again. Certainly satisfying to have a series come to an end. The stakes here was almost as high as the stakes in the previous book. I’m glad Ms Turner is always willin
Natalia
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jacq ~
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liam & Oliver’s story. Cute, fast enjoyable, but predictable.
Diane Dannenfeldt
If I could have given this book, actually the entire series, more than 5 stars I would have. I was so happy that we got one more story in this series and it was Kyle & Jamie's wedding as well as Liam & Oliver coming back together. I really hope that they get another book, maybe in the Classified spin-off, so we could get more of them. I didn't realize just about horrible Liam was. I have loved him since the absolute beginning. If I would have known what he did to Oliver when they were kids, I wo ...more
Myriam
I think what Hailey Turner needs to do is take a break from the incredible pace at which she is releasing her books because it's starting to affect the quality. She has always been very good at coming up with great characters, concepts and plots. She has also always had trouble at making those things come together coherently and instead of getting better at it she is becoming worse with every new book.

This story is all telling and very little showing. That doesn't matter too much in the parts ab
Charlinda Jenkins
Audiobook

I'm so bummed it's over, but it was a very satisfying ending. I'll miss this world and it's characters. Once again, great narration from Greg Boudreax. This series has made me a fan.
iam
Surprise sequel and final novel in the Metahumans 'verse.

Content warnings include: violence, terrorism, bombs going off, electrocution, torture, abduction, car crash, sex on-page; mentions of bullying.

In the Solace is Liam and Oliver's story, the former a side character with frequent appearances in the rest of the series, the latter only appearing in Fire in the Heart for the first time.
In addition to the new romance and protagonists, the plot wraps up the last loose threads left o
TANIA PARVIN
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
A bit sad that the series has come to an end.. none the less i really loved all the characters and their better halfs.. perfect Goodread ❤️
Kim the Strange
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win an arc of this book. Again, gracias Hailey. It was great getting back to these characters, this was my first introduction to Hailey’s world & I’ve been a super fan since. This being the last book in the MetaHumans series was bittersweet. I loved every second but I’m sad that it’s over. The wedding scene was so perfect *swoon* and Liam & Oliver were excellent together. I really really hope this gets the audiobook version *hint, hint, wink, wink*.

So if your a fan of this
Caz
Review to follow.
Mari  Cardenas
5+ Stars!

Into the Solace is book 6 in the Metahuman Files series and it needs to be read/listened to in order or you'll be missing out on one of the best Sci-Fi series I've ever read. If you haven't read any of the previous books, this review will contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.

Gabbi Grey
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic instalment of the gay sci-fi series (an audio review)

Okay, I have to call out Ms. Turner. In the past couple books there’s been a moment where it looks like one of the heroes has died. She did it again in this book and I can quote the words she used because I was so devastated. I knew – I knew – he wasn’t dead. Because no self-respecting romance author kills off one of the heroes. But…I still cried at the mere thought he might be dead.

Well done, Ms. Turner. Making me cry.

Okay,
Ivy
Jamie is ready to marry the love of his life Kyle. Finally, they’re going to be married in front of their family and friends.
Liam won’t miss the wedding of his best friend, even if he’s alone and would love to have someone with him … a particular name comes to his mind, but Liam knows that it will need more than his smile and charm to have his way with this man.
Oliver knew Liam in his youth, but after Liam betray him and treat him badly, Oliver and Liam took a separate way. Until recently durin
AshPenny37
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the Solace, for me, came as a completely unexpected and amazing bonus. I was gutted when I thought the Metahuman Files series had come to an end...in no way ready to say goodbye to Alpha Team. With the sixth and final installment of the series, however, we get Liam's story as well as the event we all wanted: Jamie and Kyle's wedding.

As with the previous books in the series, In the Solace is set around 250 years in the future where the war between the governments in the US/UK and terrorists in
Mari  Cardenas
5+ Stars!

Into the Solace is book 6 in the Metahuman Files series and it needs to be read in order or you'll be missing out on one of the best Sci-Fi series you've read.

The story is told from Jaymie, Kyle, Liam & Oliver's POVs, and even if the main focus is on Liam & Oliver and the mission in London to pursue Murphy, the head of the Reborn IRA, and Former CIA Deputy Director Carter Bennett, we also get to witness Jaymie and Kyle's wedding and part of their honeymoon, which was swoon-worthy and s
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• To Have It All
  • Thayer (The Brinnswick Chronicles #1)
  • Zero Divergence (Zero Hour, #3)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Nikolai (The Brinnswick Chronicles #2)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Waking Bel (Lords of Discord, #3)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Without You
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files (6 books)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)
  • In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)