Start by marking “Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon: Recipes for Busy Weekdays and Leisurely Weekends” as Want to Read:

As a former food editor and stylist for Martha Stewart, Tara knows how to create and showcase gorgeously themed meals for every lifestyle and occasion.

In her first cookbook, she shares more than 120 delicious showstopping recipes that are designed to impress. From leisurely weekend brunches spent over burrata cheese with grilled peaches and orange zest chimichurri to easy
Published October 6th 2020 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon

Start your review of Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon: Recipes for Busy Weekdays and Leisurely Weekends
Alicia Bayer
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay, my bias is going to be all over this review. :) First off, this is a woman who used to work for Martha Stewart and also was an editor of Ladies Home Journal -- and boy does she remind you of that. She also has a lot of pictures of herself cooking in the book, which always puts me off a bit. She is very chatty in the book and I usually enjoy that in a cookbook, but she's clearly from another world than I am and I felt a bit as if one of the rich and popular girls in high school was talking ...more
Rebecca Reviews
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tara Teaspoon’s Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon is a well-designed and well-organized cookbook filled with a variety of delicious recipes and stunning full-colour pictures.

The book features brief and useful chapters on pantry staples (foods like bacon and baking soda to tahini and red curry paste are included) and gathering the right equipment like knives and skillets. There are also chapters on bites, dips, and snacks; salads, bowls, and dressings; side love; weeknight routines; flavor
Laurie Allin
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great cookbook if you're someone who likes to entertain and don't mind the occasional ingredient that may take some effort to find. Gorgeous pictures and some great sounding recipes that can exercise your culinary skills. I wouldn't call this a quick and easy weeknight cookbook but sometimes you want to put in a little more effort and try something new.

I like the idea that some of the recipes she gives multiple ways to use them but I do wish they were grouped together more. Several of the ing
Alison Kelly
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cookbook Review

Tara Teaspoon is an experienced chef with a passion for her craft. She has worked with Martha Stewart and was the food director of Ladies Home Journal Magazine.

She credits her mother with her creativity and enthusiasm in the kitchen. Tara worked alongside her mom in the kitchen since she was old enough to reach the counters.

Through her work Tara has access to the best equipment and ingredients, but she understands that home chefs often have to make-do with what they have.

Of course
Cathy
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I haven't tried even close to all of the recipes from this book. That being said, the handful of recipes I did try were loved by both myself and my family. Especially the biscuits, which I have made a few times.

The recipes are easy to follow and the photography in the book is beautiful! I especially love the section in the book that features some basic recipes which can used on their own or in conjunction with other recipes for a more ambitious meal.

The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Review to come!
Michelle
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are so many recipes in this book that I want to try!

There are appetizers, dinners, salads, desserts, side dishes and more.

This caught my eye when I noticed the author used to cook with Martha Stewart.
The recipes included sound delicious and look great too, nice looking photographs of the food.
I like how some recipes can be used in more than one way. I have my eye on a Thai Chicken Meatball recipe that can be used for multiple different meals. I also like how the recipe for White Bean Dip
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, cookbook, ritzy-food
Thanks to the publisher for an ARC to have a look and offer my opinion. These recipes all looked amazingly glamorous and very detailed but would you really make them? This is a cookbook for people who love to cook for higher end type people, or should I say rich and fabulous. I’m not sure I could make most of these recipes without constantly hearing what is that....or what is that. The only recipes that truly caught my eye were the desserts... you had me at chocolate chip cookies. The author sa ...more
Janet
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When life for the entire universe and planet turns on its end and like everyone else you "have nothing to do" while your place of work is closed and you are in #COVID19 #socialisolation, superspeed readers like me can read 250+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. (I have played a zillion games of scrabble, done a zillion crosswords and I AM BORED!!!)

I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the aut
Annie
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon is a cooking and lifestyle guide with recipes developed by Tara Teaspoon. Due out 6th Oct 2020 from Shadow Mountain Publishing, it's 288 pages and will be available in hardcover format.

The layout is appealing and unfussy - easy to understand and accessible. The introduction includes a simple pantry list along with a good basic equipment list for stocking a working home kitchen. The recipes are arranged b
Becky
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: h
These are sure to become your new favorite recipes. In the introduction Tara says her purpose in making this cookbook is to help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. She encourages the reader to use this book as a starting point, then as a guide, then as inspiration for your own cooking. If you skip over the informative sections at the beginning and go right to the recipes you’ll miss one of the most valuable parts of the cookbook. Tara has been cooking professionally for more than twenty years a ...more
Penmouse
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Live Life Deliciously by Tara Teaspoon offers updated recipes using "New Pantry Staples" as the author calls it along with delightful updates to techniques. Some of the New Pantry Staples Teaspoon uses include artichoke hearts, fish sauce, red curry paste, sweet chili sauce or tahini.

I loved her chapter about choosing the right kitchen equipment. Teaspoon gives recommendations on purchasing kitchen appliances, pots and pans, knives, cutting boards and other assorted kitchen equipment.

Her recipe
Pamela Lamp
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon
Author: Tara Teaspoon Bench
August 12, 2020

Thank you to Net Galley and Shadow Mountain Publishing for giving me an advanced copy of this
cookbook. I can't wait to get my hands on the published version, complete with even more beautiful photos. I've had fun experimenting with Tara's recipes this summer - Watermelon Arugula Salad, Parmesan and Herb White Bean Dip, White Bean Salad with Italian Tuna, Garlic and Sumac Roasted Broccoli with Sweet Dates, and so m
Meredith
Sep 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
**I received and voluntarily read an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

I've never heard of Tara Teaspoon, but I'll never turn down an opportunity to read and review a cookbook!

I wanted to like this book, but most of the recipes just don't work for me. One or two, but definitely not worth purchasing the book. Flavor wise, it's just a jumbled mess. Everything focuses on presentation rather than flavor.

I actually felt insulted by the openi
Meghan
Jul 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Shadow Mountain Publishing - Shadow Mountain in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book was all about the presentation of food and all of it looked so delicious and I know our cooking demo will absolutely love this book. A lot of recipes are very easy to follow and look very mouth-watering such as the peaches and burata and the Italian Crostata Baked Tart. I can't wait to share these recip
Rorie
Sep 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I love cookbooks, which is kind of funny, because I’m really not a huge fan of cooking. I’m torn on how to rate this book, because I think it’s really well-written. The pictures of the food are beautiful, and the recipes are well-written. However, this style of cookbook is just not for me. I was only able to find a small handful of items that looked interesting enough for me to try to make. I tend to gravitate towards the “quick and easy” type of cookbook, and this one is definitely geared towar ...more
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is a contemporary cookbook with a lot of ideas and recipes for the modern cook.

Tara's recipes are both beautiful to look at and look delicious to eat. She clearly knows what she is doing.

I especially loved the "modern pantry" lists, as well as the snippets of "Tara's tips" for each recipe.

I really liked the dressing ideas for salads.

Overall if you are looking for some new ideas for meals or for prepping your pantry and fridge, Tara has some great ones for you.

This would also make a lov
Kristine
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Live Life Deliciously with Tara Teaspoon by Tara Teaspoon is a free NetGalley ebook that I read in early October.

Sorry, Ms Teaspoon, but, in reading your book’s title, I can only think of Black Philip. Anyway, it’s all super pretty and very well-designed, like everything is in its place. Teaspoon also tends to amp up a recipe with fresh herbs and/or zingy fruit, yogurt, and vinegar; almost in an overall homage to Mediterranean food, even if the dishes come from all over the world.
Cheri
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-books
#LiveLifeDeliciouslyWithTaraTeaspoon #NetGalley

I love to read cookbooks. I'm looking forward to trying new recipes. I now follow Tara Teaspoon on Instagram, she has a way of presenting food in new ways. I took her advice, from this cookbooks and tried fruit in my guacamole, goodness I've been missing out! I tried blueberries and it gave it a twist that was unusual, I can't wait to try other fruits. I'm looking forward to this new cookbook.
Sara Ormsby
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was such a yummy cookbook! The beautiful pictures made each recipe so enticing. The recipes had many flavors and spices I don’t often cook with, so it was nice to try something new! Some of our favorites were the Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken and the Cheesy Herb Potatoes Au Gratin. So yummy!
Habibeh Razavi
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is filled with gorgeous photos and delicious recipes! What more could you want from a cookbook? It has recipes for every occasion and seems to have taken into account all budget types. We tried a few recipes as a family and every single one was a hit!
Thank you for NetGalley for the temporary digital reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
Laiza Hill
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delicious book! I want to make these recipes now! So great! This book is well organized, the photos are inspiring, and the recipes are pretty good! I would make them as everyday meal and when I have people over.
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review
Kathee
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This cookbook is filled with amazing recipes!! The pictures are beautiful and the descriptions make you want to run out, buy all the ingredients and get cooking! It's a perfect cookbook for an entertainer.
Sheila
Jun 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first thing I noticed when reading this cookbook is that Tara's worked for Martha Stewart. This kind of worried me because often Martha's recipes are too hard or too much for me to use. I was surprised that there were so many recipes I actually tried, liked, and have marked to try more.

The contents of the book are

New Pantry Staples
Liz Bowcutt
Scott L. Frost
Irene

• Miracle Creek Christmas
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents #1)
  • 100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies, Novel Treats, Brownies, Bars, and More
  • The Mexican Home Kitchen: Traditional Home-Style Recipes That Capture the Flavors and Memories of Mexico
  • It Started in Budapest (Romance on the Orient Express)
  • Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts (Steampunk Proper Romance #4)
  • The Paper Daughters of Chinatown
  • The Secret Ingredient Cookbook: 125 Family-Friendly Recipes with Surprisingly Tasty Twists
  • The Book on Pie: Everything You Need to Know to Bake Perfect Pies
  • A Foreign Crown (Royal Regency, #1)
  • The Heiress of All Things Beautiful
  • Christmas Delights: A Faith-Filled, Family Favorite Holiday Cookbook
  • Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends From Scratch Cookbook: A Collection of Over 270 Recipes for Simple Hearty Meals and More
  • Come On Over!: Southern Delicious for Every Day and Every Occasion
  • Otherwise Engaged
  • The Doctor and the Midwife
  • Big Summer
  • Let's Fix Lunch: Enjoy Delicious, Planet-Friendly Meals at Work, School, or On the Go