Start by marking “Miracle Creek Christmas” as Want to Read:
Miracle Creek Christmas

Miracle Creek Christmas

When Riley Madigan moves to the sleepy mountain town of Miracle Creek, she hopes her new job as a high school art teacher will help her mend her recently broken heart. A little peace and quiet would be a gift this Christmas season. The last thing on her mind is love.

Published September 8th 2020 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Miracle Creek Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle Creek Christmas

Start your review of Miracle Creek Christmas
maura delaney
Update 4/19/20
I've decided to lower my rating to 2 stars. I just think back on this book and I feel no connection to it whatsoever, so 2 stars feels more truthful to my feelings.
******

This book reads like a hallmark movie. Take that as you will.

The main character, Riley comes to the very small town of Miracle Creek to escape a big life in California. There, she comes across the scarred town hero Mark who has been a recluse ever since he suffered third-degree burns in a wildfire. When he asks he
Marilee
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can Hallmark please make this into a Christmas movie? Yes, it was that good!

Mark and Riley have both put up emotional walls due to their traumatic pasts. One is hiding from life and one is running away from it, and when these two scarred souls meet, their emotional connection allows them both to find healing.

This book gave me all the feels! I laughed, I cried, I swooned. I loved their playful relationship, I loved how gentle Riley was with Mark's insecurities, I loved Mark's family. Loved the
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean, contemporary; mild faith
Mark and Riley's story is so filled with moments. Hurting, aching, laughing, and yes, just tender loving moments, that while 'ordinary' are more than ordinary for them. Just a magical romance that has the depth and characters that will leave you wanting and waiting for more and wishing for more of them in some way to continue. This is one of the can't put down books. KLJ knows how to make you want for more. Riley and Mark are two giving, honest, hurting he
Katie W
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Hallmark-type romance

There's nothing sweeter than a Hallmark-y Christmas romance that embraces the lives of two scarred characters. While Mark's scars are both physical and emotional, Riley's are inner and they each have issues to overcome and work through. Their journey in helping each other finalize their individual healing is heartwarming.

Jensen does a great job of drawing the reader into this small town. It was easy to visualize the setting and the quirky residents, and I especiall
Kav
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Call me bibliophile-addled into stunned silence...for a minute or two, anyway...'cause I can't let the opportunity to wax poetical over this novel pass me by. I am in serious Miracle Creek Christmas book love!!!!! What a stunning, moving, brilliantly funny, captivating -- and every other glorious adjective you can think of -- story!

And right off the top I have to tell you that I listened to the audible edition narrated by Christine Williams and I'm convinced her performance enhanced my 'reading'
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is a book that got me feeling all the feels! I love when I'm able to be emotionally connected to the characters with all their highs and lows and everything in between. Mark and Riley are genuine and sincere with each other from the beginning (which was oh-so-awkward!), and their slow but steady developing friendship and romance was all the more special. They both have some serious issues they are struggling with and I loved how they accepted that about each other and felt like they could j ...more
Adrienne
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While it might seem funny to be reading a Christmas book in the middle of summer, it's definitely worth snagging now even if you don't read it until closer to Christmas. And while it is the Christmas season in the book and Mark and Riley are working on a nativity project, the Christmas element wasn't overdone; there was a good balance between that and the other elements of the story. It fit with the story and didn't feel like it was just set at Christmastime for the sake of being a holiday book. ...more
Julie Carpenter
If you're looking for a light and fluffy Christmas read, especially after looking at the cover, I have to say that this book is much more than that. So much more!

Riley and Mark are two souls who have had struggles and loss and heartache. They've both had hard experiences. They've both taken different roads in their learning after their experiences. I really enjoyed the way the author portrayed both of these characters. I enjoyed diving into their thoughts and learning more about what they learn
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It's my first Christmas book this year! Yeah, it's kinda early and I am definitely NOT ready to jump into winter and Christmas just yet but I really loved this book and I would read it any time of the year because it's that good.

You get a sense right from the very beginning that these characters, especially Mark, are dealing with some heavy things. Even though their struggles are apparent right from the start, I love how the details and emotions reveal themselves in layers throughout the book. I
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I wasn't sure if I was ready to read a Christmas book in September, but this one kept me in stitches and had me dreaming of colder weather.

Riley and Mark have their own baggage to deal with and in a small town that isn't always easy because everyone knows everyone else's business. But it is also that small town vibe that helps Mark and Riley through their difficulties and towards each other.

Riley and Mark start off as friends on a secret project for Mark's dad, but what evolves is so much more.
Lucinda
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good one!

Mark and Riley both have deep issues that have left scars. In Mark's case, his scars are also visible and he's still recovering from a fire that killed his friend and burned his body.

Riley took the art teaching job in a small town hoping to get away from an embarrassing breakup. Her absent parents and the death of her grandmother have also left emotional scars she's still dealing with.

Poor Mark, the way he met Riley and she mistook him for someone with bad intentions. H
Jess (BookObsessedJess)
Oct 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, 3-stars
Synopsis:

Former firefighter Mark Rivers has spent the last year recovering from burns sustained during a rescue operation. He’s been trying to piece his life back together but still struggles both emotionally and psychologically. Whe
Maria
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review
3.5 stars.
Quotes (from ARC):
«"In this whole town, you’re the only one who looks at me like a person with burn scars, instead of burn scars walking around like a person.”» (Mark to Riley)
“In that moment, that brief glimpse of before and after, she wanted to tell him he was beautiful, either way. Before and after. Would he ever see that?”

“Miracle Creek Christmas”, by Krista Jensen (Shadow Mountain Publishing), is a clean, sweet romance n
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Loved this story and the wonderful characters. ...more
Suey
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun cozy romance. Others have said it and I'll say it again, this would make a perfect Hallmark movie. :) ...more
Mara
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was my first Christmas read, but it was in the 90's when I read it. It was a nice to escape to the small town of Miracle Creek, WA and see the friendship form between Riley and Mark develop, then transform into more. Riley and Mark didn't have a great first meeting when she thought he was a stalker and a neighbor called the sheriff, and their second meeting wasn't much better. They're the kind of stories that get passed down for generations.

Riley and Mark are very likeable characters. Both
angelareadsbooks
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Christmas books in July? Yes!
I am getting a jump start on my 2020 Christmas books. And I began with Miracle Creek Christmas by Krista Jensen. I could not put this book down! This was such a sweet and tender love story! Mark Rivers is the exact definition of a cinnamon roll character. I absolutely fell in love with Mark and his backstory. He is so sweet and so patient with Riley. And who doesn't love a hometown hero??? Riley and Mark's meet cute was hilarious and probably one of my favorites. If
Cait | GoodeyReads
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Shadow Mountain publishing for the ARC. All opinions are my own!

A HALLMARK MOVIE IN BOOK FORM.

BLOG || INSTAGRAM

And boy did I really enjoy that fact.

This was such a sweet book. Oh so sweet. And I picked it up with that mindset which made me love it all the more. The atmosphere definitely screams holiday as this primarily takes place in the fall. It made me want nothing more than to curl up with hot chocolate and a sweater. Absolutely felt this setting.

I loved the way Riley and Mark’s
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet love story. Riley and Mark have both had experiences that have left them scarred somehow. Riley's scars are on an emotional level and Marks are more on the physical aspects. I believe that because they are both hurting that it helps them to see and understand each other better.

Mark was a firefighter who is now afraid of fire. The description of his accident reminds me of how dangerous and how much we take for granted the men and women who work to protect us. The setting is in a s
Phyllis
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming and sweet

I enjoyed this heartwarming story!

Riley had the uncanny ability to see past Mark's countenance into his heart - something no one outside of his family had been able to do since the heroic rescue he made that left him scarred. It was so sweet to see the way he opened up to her, sharing his pain and his hopes.

While dealing with heavy heart issues, the author added plenty of light-hearted, humorous moments as well. I loved the way she carried "moments" throughout the story, gi
Amy
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adore this story! Christmas & contemporary romance, my two favourite things...

These two characters pull at your heart strings, no annoying personality traits to drive the reader crazy. Complex and perfectly constructed, I felt the tension and chemistry right down to my toes.

If anything, I would have liked to see some kisses a lot sooner than we did. It felt later along than we usually get, so that was my only gripe. Otherwise, I loved it and will be a new favourite for the season.

T
Sheila
Have you ever read a book where you feel like the characters were real people you could meet next door? This is how I felt about the main characters in Miracle Creek Christmas. They had problems with heartaches but still seeking peace and healing.

Mark is dealing not only with the loss of his mom but also his best friend. Then he's dealing with his major injuries sustained in a fire where his friend died. His life has changed and he's spending it hiding away from those in his small hometown and
Erin Lewis
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 star review of Miracle Creek Christmas by Krista Jensen

It's the most magical time of the year and also happens to be my most favourite holiday. I love any story that is centred around Christmas; it’s a time for family and friends to get together and celebrate life.  Krista Jensen is a new author to me.

Riley Madigan recently moved to Miracle Creek, hoping the new surroundings would help her heal her broken heart. Mark Rivers is a former firefighter who is recovering from burns he received
Connie
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This is basically a story about two broken people trying to make it through the holidays in a small town, with all the gossip and things “small town” implies. If you like Hallmark Christmas movies, you will love this, though I would say it is a notch above. It has all the feels and very subtle Christian undertones. The characters are great, and the plot flows well if a little slowly at first. I love the messages of hope and courage. It is a cozy Christmas read that I think many would enjoy snugg ...more
Ashlee
What a perfect story to read in the winter... or for Christmas in July. It's like a cozy blanket with a cup of cocoa. There's a girl in one of my book clubs who hugs books she loves and this one needs a good squeeze and a re-read.
Mark loses his best friend and becomes a local hero in the same day. He's devastated and hurt almost two years later, trying to disguise his pain to make others comfortable. When he meets Riley, he almost forgets to hide.
Riley is running away from her parents and the dr
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
Loved it! Review coming.
Ashley Johnson
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a fantastic read! If you enjoy sarcastic flirty banter, then this book is for you! Riley and Mark are everything I want from main characters. Their friendship felt genuine and built naturally and their chemistry was off the charts. Mark is the kind of hero that is easy to love. I am always a fan of a wounded hero and Mark is flawed and yet somehow still perfect! This book had some depth without becoming heavy and was perfectly balanced to provide a story that kept me turning t ...more
Shauna
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is so fun! I loved the Christmas setting and the small-town location. I adored the depth of the characters and how each was written into the storyline. I especially marveled at the past heartaches the main characters were struggling with and how they brought out the best in each other. It was pure joy to watch them grow in their relationship. I highly recommend this book!
Kathee
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance set during Christmas time. Mixed in with Christmas festiveness are the hard struggles the main characters Riley and Mark are going through. I really loved how their friendship naturally developed into more, and how they were able to heal each other of their inner scars. It is definitely a Christmas to remember for them and the entire cute town of Miracle Creek.
Kate
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story had all the feel good holiday spirit you would expect in a Hallmark Christmas movie. I completely felt like I was one of the nosy neighbors cheering on the hometown hero and the new art teacher. Adorable read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Hopeful Christmas: A Regency Romance Collection
  • His Accidental Bride
  • Wrong Train to Paris (Romance on the Orient Express, #2)
  • Otherwise Engaged
  • The Duke Meets His Match
  • Georgana's Secret
  • Born This Happy Morning
  • The Doctor and the Midwife
  • A Revolution of Hearts
  • The Best-Laid Plans
  • The Gentleman and the Thief (The Dread Penny Society #2)
  • It Started in Budapest (Romance on the Orient Express #1)
  • On the Run (Guardian, #4)
  • The Heart of Hampton House
  • A Christmas Promise
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents #1)
  • Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts (Steampunk Proper Romance #4)
  • A Foreign Crown (Royal Regency, #1)

Articles featuring this book