Start by marking “Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)” as Want to Read:
Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)

Murder Mittens

(Magical Romantic Comedies #13)

Alternate cover edition of ASIN B084RVQ1JY

Becoming a bounty hunter and taking on the call sign of Murder Mittens wasn’t Harri’s brightest move, but what’s a lynx to do with millions of debt while working a customer service gig? The scars deforming her face won’t remove themselves, and she’ll bag and tag every criminal in the United States to get rid of them if necessary.
Published December 25th 2020 by Pen & Page Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Murder Mittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Mittens

Start your review of Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)
Ulla Bisgaard
Loved the book

It’s nice to read about a woman, who scars and all, still handles life like a champ and has the guns to prove it.
It’s serious but funny too, and a delight to read. I loved that the woman doesn’t hate how she looks. She just doesn’t like that small children are afraid of her. I like that she takes charge of fixing that’s wrong with her life, while still being willing to receive help. I warmly recommend this book to others.
Natalie panda eyes
Dec 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
Well it’s pretty much what I expected, a nice surprise Christmas morning. Some dark themes but mostly soft and fluffy. I liked the cats and how many there were. The roar and purring got a bit old, but I liked how close the lynxes were and how protective they were of their sister.
Arlene
Happy sigh

That is the sigh of a satisfied reader. Harris is a fun bounty hunter, with a side job in tech support (a job that leaves people feeling murderous). I loved this from the 1st line, although chapter 5 almost made me swoon with joy.

She's an eternally single lycanthrope, partially because of 47 over protective brothers. Her whole family is entertaining, as is the gent who attracts her attention, whom she nicknames Mr. Mane.

I can't say more without giving away too much.

This is a romance
fia
Jan 13, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad
could not finish this!!

I hate romance novels where it's clearly obvious from the beginning who the love interest is, and that they will get together with the MC. I've also forgotten the character's names now, but basically, the main character starts talking about this guy who she thinks is really hot almost from the very beginning. She has heavy facial scarring and he's the only man who's ever been fine with her face.

Before anything important happens, they first get together with little to no
Mary Heron
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book.

Harry and Sebastian are great characters. Harris is the rarest of the rare, a female lynx shifter. She would be fighting off potential mates 24/7 if not for her scars. As a child Harry was severely burned in a fire, resulting in major damage to her face and body, which has left her with severe scarring. People flinch when they see Harri and the sight of her has been known to make children cry. So, life has been difficult it Harri refuses to hide away and feel sorry
Haidee Sell
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I preordered this, but did not read it right away. i really, really wanted to, but I also wanted to wait until I wasn't tired and could put my whole focus to work. Its no secret the RJ Blain is one of my 'one click' authors, so it should come as no surprise when I fangirl wildly :)

Ms Blain makes comedy seem effortless, which it so very isn't. It is so very, very easy to get the funny wrong. Ms Blain doesn't put a paw wrong in this hysterically funny episode in her Body Count series.

48 brothers!
Cory Cravens
AWESOMELY FUN!

Wow! I loved this story! A woman lynx shifter named Harri is a bounty hunter with a day job. She's got money to make for a good cause. She needs to pay for reconstructive magical surgery for her scars. Its not cheap and the best way to earn the money is to take out the trash. She isn't bothered by having to kill the stupid shifters that bring on the wrath of the government. Its her job and she is excellent at it. Now she had a handsome lion shifter as her handler and her lynx virus
Jasmine
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In a series I love here is a new favorite!

I highly recommend this series in general, but especially this story! This is exactly what I needed after a holiday season being called the grinch for following safety guidelines. I absolutely love the ridiculous and awesome fluff that is the Magical Romantic Comedy with a body count series. You will fall in love with the main characters, their banter, and silly cat ways. Even if you’re not a cat lover, if you like karma hunting down creeps and the girl
Helen R Carames
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Knocked another one out of the park!

I picked up this series purely because I needed, well even I did not know what I needed at the time, and before I got a dozen pages in I was giggling like Bailey on a napalm bender. Before I knew it I was hooked, and the whole damn set is on my permanent comfort reads list.

The books are smart without being preachy, light without being air-headed, and exactly the kind of stories you want to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa and a warm blanket to enjoy. The banter
The One Tree
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It’s so fluffy...not.

No Spoilers...

I love RJ Blain. Her talents are many and so are her writing abilities.

What I didn’t like... nothing. Nothing at all.

What I liked... all of it. The characters, the plot, but my favourite part is how she can right romance without it making you roll your eyes... unless you’re rolling your eyes because you realised the humour got you.

It’s really difficult telling you why I rate these books so highly without giving anything away. Let’s just say this book is like a
Heather Hammond
Definitely worth the wait

Harri is a very strong female character, typical of this author, who has learned to be mentally tough after a childhood accident left her severely scarred.
Sebastian is the dream man she (secretly?) drools over and works with in her side job.
As always with this author, the world building is seamless and the characters are fantastic. The violence against the bad guys goes toward the sense of justice required.
Loved it of course, as I love all R.J.Blain books.
Sandra
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the series.

Harri is the only female lynx and she has 47 brothers. When she was 10 and away at camp she got caught in a fire and has scars all over her but particularly her face. So to earn the large sum to get treatment she has been working at a call centre by day & moonlighting as a bounty hunter at night.

Sebastien, a lion, works at various law enforcement centres including the CDC and has had his eye on her for years.

Love this series, as I love everything RJ writes.
Karen Bass
As always RJ Blain delivers

I normally don't write reviews for the books I've read (which is over 2,000) but sometimes there are ones that you have to express your love for. I LOVE this series. It's exactly what I need on a bad day. These books always makes me giggle while reading them. Their silly and goofy in the best way. I will keep buying them as long as she keeps writing them. Please RJ Blain keep writing! 💖
Patricia
Made me laugh!

I love this book!! RJ Blain does it again! She wrote a book that is interesting and funny but draws you in to the lives of her characters. She stares at the end that it was longer than intended, but I wish it was longer still. I love being sucked into the worlds that she creates. You will be totally happy when you are finished reading this book. I highly recommend this book and any others written by RJ Blain.
Melanie R
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the Snark

I have enjoyed every book in this series. I appreciate the effort the author takes to write the humor and snark as it is not easy to be funny and snarky on a regular basis. I am a big fan of paranormal and like the world built by RJ Blain. The prejudice and issues faced by the various species make it seem more realistic as we all know not everyone is tolerant to those who are different. So the books are funny but also highlight some of the issues every society has and tries to rise
Stephanie B
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Nothing better in a book than a strong woman who knows how to kick butt. I loved that even though Henri was scarred and had issues, she never let it keep her down. I'm sure having 47 brothers (!!!!) would make any woman go mad especially being the only girl. Family dynamic in this book was just great.
My favorite character was Sebastian because he was able to see Henri for who she was. After being told her entire life that she was beautiful with her scars, he made
Michelle Kolb
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you, RJ!

I have read every book in this series available so far, and I have loved every second. This series came into my life during a time of major grief and these books made me smile and giggle and outright belly laugh when I thought I never would again. Thank you, RJ Blain, for helping me through your words to remember how to smile and laugh again. (And anyone who hates on this series, go get your head examined.) Thanks abain, RJ.
Kati52N
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed books from R.J. Blain but this one now tops the list simply because of the amusement it brought to me in these most trying of times. To read, to smile, to laugh and not want to put the book down and to know I will pick it up again whenever I need a release from daily life is the gift given to me by this author. Definitely a fluff piece but well worth the happiness and peace this read bestows.
Gail Daley
Fun

FYI: the heroine in this is a killer. This is probably one of the best shifter books I’ve read in a while. The amusing blend of human and cat characteristics more than makes up for the heroine’s casual attitude about murder. The reader is not in doubt for long about the identity of the bad guy. This more of a how2catchem tatter than a whodunnit.
Jessica Gorgen
Loved it

I love cats, I love paranormal romance, I love comedy, and I love RJ Blain’s writing. So this book was a smash hit from go. The Wells family is hilarious with the multitude of litters. And I too love it when my cats purr, so I blame none of the characters for wanting Harri to purr. And now I wish I had the money to indulge in luxury spas.
Jackie Fields
Absolutely fabulous!

Murder Mittens doesn’t disappoint! If you’ve read any of the previous MagRomComs (with a body count) books you know what I mean! The blend of “fantasy” and “real” world are spectacular! I love snarky FMCs! Witty and intellectual describe Harri as well. A perfectly executed plot in a realistic environment! So glad I pre ordered this one!
Morgan Davis
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My only regret is learning new things

Before this book, I didn't realize superfetation was a thing. Thankfully it's uncommon in humans, but my pregnant brain didn't realize this and kept me up all night worrying 😂

Other than the mild panic, I absolutely love this book and wish I could meet Harri in real life
Adena Lee
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So funny! The author really has the knack of creating strong but difficult female characters and letting them run loose. Harri is everything the author is known to create in female characters and Sebastian, like every other alpha male character she has created, goes overboard in proving to said difficult female that she is perfect for him. And how he shows it! I loved this!
Debbie
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Of course, I love this series. There was quite a bit about this story that set it apart. The cats and yarn was hysterical. I liked that the "romance" portion of the story was dealt with early in the first half and THEN the real story got started. I rather hope that the author sees fit to visit this family again. ...more
Josephine Ung
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great entertaining read

Harri is a lynx determined to fix her face and killing bad guys along the way to afford to do so. As well as dodging her overprotective insanely large family, there is a prissy lion who she loves to annoy who insists on following her around. An extremely entertaining read: definitely a magical romantic comedy with a body count.
Katie
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

This tale is a tidy romp about a dead or alive bounty hunter who taunts and tames the only man she's ever wanted. I found the heroine to be a change of pace from the author's usual. The character has issues, acknowledges them and then gets to work on eliminating them. I liked Harri's take charge attitude, family relationships and taunting of the hero.
Pam Collins
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary!

So much fun to read, and the clever ways Blain has her larger than life characters to overcome their difficulties and the darkness in the world are uplifting. I think it's a blessing that these hilarious books have such creative ways to pull the characters into the light. Enjoy!
Kris England
Funny murderous romp

As usual I loved this authors story line and characters that left me snorting with laughter on Christmas Day ! Well done and as always look forward to all your books under whichever name you care you care to use.
Elaine Parent
Murder mittens

I have enjoyed you books since the first one I read and I continue to keep enjoying them. I believe I have most if not all of this series and I reread them a lot... I am glad you are continuing to write as I enjoy reading them and adding new ones...
Rosanne Reeve
Love it!

This book made me giggle, smile, lol and cheer. I loved meeting Harri and Sebastian. The way they egg each other on and wind each other up amused me greatly. Thank you RJ for another good book in the series. I will be re-reading it as often as I do the others.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • Taken (Royal States  #1.5)
  • Hired Luck (Twisted Luck, #2)
  • The Dawn of Dae (Dae Portals, #1)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Educated Luck (Twisted Luck, #3)
  • Fractured Chances (Shattered Stars #6)
  • The Run Around
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)
  • Hidden Instinct (Stellar Born #2)
  • Imperial Governess (Terran Reset #1)
  • Cold Flame (Royal States, #7)
  • Three Half Goats Gruff (Valkyrie Bestiary #0.5)
  • Pairing the Partridge (Enchanted Crossroads #6)
  • Belphégor
  • Deception & Devotion (The Path To Redemption #2.5)
  • Sophie and The Odd Ones
RJ Blain suffers from a Moleskine journal obsession, a pen fixation, and a terrible tendency to pun without warning.

When she isn't playing pretend, she likes to think she's a cartographer and a sumi-e painter. In reality, she herds cats and a husband, and obeys the commands of Tsu Dhi, the great warrior fish.

In her spare time, she daydreams about being a spy. Should that fail, her contingency plan

Magical Romantic Comedies (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Hoofin' It (Magical Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Serial Killer Princess (Magical Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Whatever for Hire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • No Kitten Around (Magical Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Blending In (Magical Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (Magical Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Double Trouble (Magical Romantic Comedies, #9)
  • Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)