Start by marking “Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)

Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits

(Grimm Cove #3)

I can see and hear the dead. I can also talk to animals. As a natural-born witch and medium, I can do a lot of odd things. In most people's eyes, that makes me a loon. I like to think of it as being unique and eccentric. Plus, now that destiny has brought me back to the town I was born in, I'm not all that different from the supernatural residents of Grimm Cove.

When I find
Published October 21st 2020 by Raven Happy Hour, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits

Start your review of Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Cute. Fated mates.
JoAn
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits by Mandy M. Roth is Marcy's story and it was another winner in this series.

Marcy Dotter moved to Grimm Cove with her friends, Poppy and Dana, a few months ago. Together they have helped remove a succu-witch and a decades old vampire who were creating local mayhem and murder. Marcy is truly a free spirit. She has traveled the globe, has few inhibitions and loves to hug others. Laughter, passion, action/battle of good versus evil and an HEA made this an enjoya
Theresa Derwin
Fangs for the Mammories and Crochet Bikini

The third in the Grimm Cove Paranormal Women 's Fiction series, the beginning recaps on events prior to the series by adding events from other points of view, such as vampire and Hunter of evil, Bram Van Helsing.
His adult daughter Dana has returned to the Cove along with witch Poppy and hippie nature whisperer Marcy.
She's naive, dippy, loves hugs but also has a type of magic allowing her to talk to nature and animals. Her familiar is a nutty squirrel Bur
Nancy D   Miz-Firefly aka Sparky
I knew I wasn't going to be wild about this book. Marcy is my least favorite character. But I like Poppy and Dana and the foundation for the series is one of the most interesting I've come across. I'd like to see what the future holds for Grim Cove.

After reading Bk 3 I'm not sure that's gonna happen. In the first two books Marcy came off as a nothing between the ears but air goofball. Now I know the air in there is pretty damn thin. It may even be helium.

I'm all for sexy fluff. The way things
Rhonda Jones
Love Marcy

Marcy is my favorite character in this series. Three best friends move to Grim Cove after one of them is divorced and inherits her parents house. The first 2 books in the series were about Dana and Poppy. This is Marcy's book. Marcy is like a 60's free love hippy. She is happy, peaceful, and very much into nature. So much so she actually speaks to plants and animals, and sees and speaks to the dead. But what is truly unique about her is her almost innocence and lack of guile. She takes
Angel
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love the characters

This was my fav of the three girls. I absolutely adore her mentality, her quirkiness. I wish the series was about her and we had more books with the focus on Marcy.
The thing i dont like is how fast the romances are. All of them are overnight because "magic" which means you completely miss out on the courtship part of the romance that is 80 percent of the fun. No getting to know eachothers, no build up of chemistry. Just they instantly love and want eachother.
I did love her d
April Symes
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits is a great addition to the Grimm Cove series by Mandy M. Roth . This is book # 3 and this is Bram and Mercy's story. This is full of paranormal hijinks, intrigue, romance and cast of great main and secondary characters. Really enjoyed the pace of the story and never slows down. Enjoyed visiting my favorite supernatural characters and meeting new characters that make me eager for more stories in this series. In all, great paranormal romance read!

My Rating: 4.
Jean Smith
A total delight!
After reading the first two books in this series, I had a feeling I was going to love this one. Boy, was I right! I had a feeling that the carefree whimsy of Marcy would be sure to keep me on the edge of my seat, wondering what she could get into next. Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits had me giggling, guffawing, and outright laughing out loud at Marcy's antics. Like the alpha vamp said, "She's perfect." What a delightful read. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Lin Cunningham
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’ve really enjoyed this series so far & knew that Bram would be a tough one especially as he was paired with Marcy.
Marcy is such a free spirit against the serious nature of Bran it was always going to be amusing getting them together. Bram turned out to be a great hugger (who knew!) that could deal with Marcy but how would he cope with that pesky squirrel!
Enjoyable read with some real twists & turns around Marcy’s family & some nice touches with Dana after finding out Bram was her father.
Caroline Paquin
So much fun and laughs!

I admit: of the three main ladies of the series, Marcy was not my favourite. But I did take a liking to Bram... and to Burgess! I swear, that squirrel was almost the death of me, as were Elis and Austin, who I hope will get their own stories in the future.

As the previous book, this one was worth the wait, and thoroughly enjoyable.
Helen Maddix
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Marty's story

This is book 3 in the series,and what a story. Fun to read, with more of the bigger story playing out. Marcy is a complex character who comes across as scatter-brained. This book gives the reader a better understanding of Marcy, and of Bean also. Looking forward to book 4.
Mary Logan
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Addicting to say the least!

I was so excited to see this book arrive on my kindle. I couldn't wait to read Marcey's story. I wasn't disappointed. Each of the books in the series brings us further into the world of Grimm Cove and the world beyond. I can't wait for the next one!

Denise
Loved it!

The beginning was a little slow for me but I stuck it out and ended up not being able to put the book down. The insecurities of a hundred + year old vampire was endearing.
Maggie Mcdonald
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am happy to have read Marcy's story but I found the plot to be particularly light in this book. I feel like the other 2 had more meat to them. I'll still continue with the series, but I hope for a fuller plot and less witty banter as filler, though the banter was fun. ...more
Patricia Kearns
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spell asking with a chance of Spirits

MARCY, you rock .
This character is crazy in a good tree hugging way,
I couldn't put this book down.
Its funny, crazy and lovable, with murders and evil thrown in.
Grimm Cove series is a blast, thank you Mandy M Roth 👍
Janeann
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying I really enjoyed the first two books in the series. I waited with anticipation for Marcy’s story as she seemed very interesting in the first books. However, I was disappointed in Marcy’s story. She came across as a ditz with a very large chest. Marcy’s character deserved more than she received.
Deb Dionne
Spell casting With A Chance Of Spirits

Wow, just wow. I think this one was the best one of this series. I was totally cracking up the whole time I was reading.
Lisa
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lots of hugs and bubbles

All I can say is Oh My Goddess! This book is amazing.
I couldn't put this book down.
Its funny, crazy and lovable, with murders and evil thrown in.
Grimm Cove series is a blast, thank you Mandy M Roth
Alice
I enjoyed learning more about Marcy's and Bram's history, but I felt the pacing was a bit off for this novel. Everything was super slow until 70% into the book, then bam, they had their connection, the fight against evil, and then suddenly mated and married.

I also don't think we learned enough about Marcy's ex-husband before (view spoiler) The villains definitely didn't get as much of a backstory as the protagonists in this novel.

Still an entertaining
Jennifer Hill
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough good things about the third installment in Grimm Cove. It is unbelievably funny. I actually laughed out loud. It's also sexy. Action packed like these books are. The characters Mandy creates are just so amazing. Funny, smart, brave. Marcy is the third friend in the original group of three that move to Grimm Cove and she's kinda looney. However she's also very insightful and a powerhouse of magic. I adore how she sees things in a different light. Group bubble baths included. I ...more
iliana G
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is Marcy's story and Bram's and i have to say that it was exactly what i wanted the author to deliver!
Fast paced , packed with action and fun fun fun!!!!
I love Marcy and her aloofness and i love how composed Bram is!
They are a fun combination and also an explosive one!
I loved the fact that we got to see the other girls and their mates and i loved the fact how united they still are.
I also enjoyed that we got to see into Bram's past a bit!
I truly enjoyed this book and i can't wait to see what
Leanne
Was given this as an arc for an honest review. And boy was the wait worth Mandy M Roth writing and re-writing it.
This chapter of the Grimm Cove series is Marcy Dotter and Bram Van Helsing's story. And what a story they have, Bram is a dark brooding master vampire from the early 1800's, who doesn't really like a lot of people, in fact he barley tolerates them. And he along with his family and local wolf pack are doing their part in the good fighting evil around the world.
Marcy Dotter has moved to
Robin
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spellcasting With a Chance of Spirits: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Romance Novel (Grimm Cove Book 3)- Mandy Roth

This is book 3 in Mandy Roth’s Grimm Cove PWF series. The first two books were great reads but I have been looking forward to Marcy’s story because she is such a crazy, funny, character who has incorporated her attention deficit tendencies as a part of her quirky personality.
This is a long twisty turning book that often veers off in directions that very creatively. seems to mimic Marc
Snarktastic Sonja
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is probably 3.5 stars. I'm giving it 4 because it is such an improvement over the last book.

I will admit that Marcy is the least interesting character to me of the 3 gals in Grimm cove - she is just to whackadoodle for me to actually understand. I also have a real problem with her ending up with Dana's dad. Sorry - seems pervy to me.

I'm a bit confused about Bram and the demon inside him . . . I can't recall if there is actually another presence . . . or just him talking to that which make
Kelly
I'm a little torn on this series as a whole. I felt like the first book was solid in terms of plotting and characterizations. The second felt a little light, but I went with it because I like werewolves. I like werewolves A LOT. This one, though...this one felt like plot and character were even lighter than book 2, but the banter was ratcheted up to eleven. Like, there was A LOT of quirky back and forths between our main characters and various secondary characters. A LOT. To the point it took aw ...more
Hanna
Dec 01, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm of two minds about this book,
For one it had me laughing so hard at times, I was worried I might fall off the bed.
I really like the premise of the book. The setting and scenery. Decent world building and lots of interesting players.
The problem is the plot or should I say the lack thereof. Very similar to the second book of the series. Hardly any story, plot development is next to zero. In terms of ratio it's like 80% are spent on bubbles, boobs, mysterious hints about her past without providi
Jeanne
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm so sad that I really disliked this book. I couldn't wait for it to be over. And I really liked the first two in the series a lot. When this came out on Audible, I was like, "Yes, please! Buy it now! Hurry up!"

The main character, Marcy, never my favorite, was unbelievably vapid. I wondered how she could possibly have enough substance to fill a whole novel, but I thought, give it a chance. Nope, there wasn't. Just a lot of cringe-worthy, idiotic rambling and trying to show off her bits to any
Nikki Brooks
Marcy & Bram have been bubbling away in the background and now it's time for their walk into a HEA!

Bram may head up the Van Helsing vampire hunters but only a select few are aware of his identity and his location. After all being a vampire kind of makes him a target! But along with some of his friends, they were turned into "monsters" against their will Now they do their utmost to save others from the same fate. It's not a life conducive to family life and Bram did what he thought was best when
Heather
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Ok, so it actually took me a few days to be able to write a review. This is one of those rare books that left me speechless. It was just that good. I was way past just hooked. I swallowed that hook. Marcy has been a character that I have loved and could not wait for her HEA. She is such a free spirit and loving person. She loves like no other and there is not a mean bone in her body. Her familiar is a squirrel named Burges and the way these two interact... just awwwwww! She is not in touch ...more
Pogo Frankman
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of the relatively new genre of Paranormal Women's fiction and have long loved Mandy Roth's work. To find them both in one series is like winning the lottery.
In this installment, we get Marcy's story. Marcy is a bit of a free spirit. She grew up in the foster system and has no ideal of who or what her parents were. She has only recently found out that she was born in Grimm's Cove. She is told by the head of the local coven to contact her best friend Dana's father Bram Van Helsing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • The Fifth Sense (Order of Magic #4)
  • Stealing Time (Crow's Feet Coven Book 3)
  • My Midlife Crisis, My Rules (Good To The Last Death, #4)
  • Runaway Fate (Moonstone Cove, #1)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up #3)
  • Midlife Ghost Hunter (Forty Proof, #4)
  • Bewitched (Betwixt & Between #2)
  • Fate Actually (Moonstone Cove, #2)
  • Midlife Blues (Not Too Late #2)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Midlife Magic (Not Too Late #1)
  • Jealousy's a Witch (Midlife in Mosswood #2)
  • We Witch You A Merry Christmas (Midlife in Mosswood #3)
  • Silver Spells: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (Midlife Elementals Book 1)
  • Forty Times as Fabulous: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Mystery (Magical Midlife Mysteries Book 1)
  • Gypsy Magic (Poppy's Potions #1)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy writing sexy paranormal operatives. Mandy lives in Oxford, Mississ ...more

Grimm Cove (5 books)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • Starry with a Chance of Nightshade (Grimm Cove, #4)
  • Windy with a Chance of Wolfsbane (Grimm Cove Book 5)

News & Interviews

“As in if-the-van-is-a-rockin’-don’t-come-a-knockin’?” asked Austin.” 0 likes
“He wrapped his steely arms around me tightly. "No. We don't have to stop hugging. I'm cool with going out this way. I'd like my tombstone to read 'hugged to death.'"
"Ohmygoddess, me too!" I shouted, hugging him tighter.”
0 likes