Start by marking “Ruined Promises (Promise #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruined Promises (Promise #1)

Ruined Promises

(Promise #1)

One dance. One decision.

It only took one night out to turn Lexi Baker’s so-called perfect world upside down. A chance encounter with a tall, dark, and handsome stranger makes her feel things she’s never felt before, both physically and emotionally. When her emotions get the best of her, she escapes with only his first name: Ben.

A one-night stand—that’s all it was suppose
Kindle Edition
Published November 19th 2020

Start your review of Ruined Promises (Promise #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Nov 21, 2020 rated it liked it
3 ❤️❤️❤️⭐️s❣️

A very well written easy-to-read romance read.
Enjoyable, with likeable characters, nice plot and very well paced.
Ben and Lexi had an amazing attraction and chemistry, I liked them as a couple and could have been more developed. The secondary characters were also interesting and promising.
However, I didn’t feel their love, the story was predictable and didn’t bring out deep emotions.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Over this past year Stefanie Jenkins has become a one click author for me with the ability to get lost in her wonderfully told stories! Ruined Promises is no exception! This is the start of a new series and it’s a great start! Honestly office romances typically don’t do it for me but I loved Lexi and Ben! I mean a hot guy dressed nicely in slacks and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and tattoos on his arm...yeah I may or may not have drooled a few times! I loved the introduction of a ...more
Victoria Weston
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read books from this author before and I really love her style of writing and this books was an amazing read and it deserves every single one of those five stars and many many more. This is an awesome start to this new series and this books a real workplace romance book that is a fantastic read that I recommend everyone reads.
Lexi is a beautiful woman who loves her job and she works really hard. After she catches her other half she is absolutely heartbroken. Her friends take her on a night
hopelesslyinlovewith_books
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Lexi finds her douche bag boyfriend in a compromising position she is heartbroken. But one night out with the girls and she meets a sexy stranger! After a Cinderella moment she is surprised to see her sexy stranger at her job! Who knew he’d become her new boss!!!

The one thing that stuck out to me in this book is it doesn’t have all that crazy extended page filler drama. It has its moments of drama, what romance book doesn’t right? But I love that it’s resolved pretty quickly. I’m glad it f
Alannah
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omfg Stef totally nailed Bentley Holly smokes he was 🔥🔥🔥🔥 there first encounter in the club had me fanning my self hawt

Bentley was a hot alpha that def had you dripping for more!!!!

Lexi was a workaholic and after going through a break up she focused her self on just working.

The sparks that were flying when Bentley and Lexi first met was electricfying.

From the moment i started reading this book i couldnt put it down and it totally got me hot under the collar wow 🔥🔥🔥🔥

This book is a must read.
Holly
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Ruined Promises, Stefanie takes a break from being an emotional terrorist collecting the tears of her readers, but that’s not to say this won’t put you through your paces.

Lexi and Ben are both loveable characters whose individual personalities add a lot to the story and their relationship. But put them together and they burn hot from the very first encounter. My favourite thing about them together is the ease and playful nature we see that easily and quickly turns heated.

The attraction and w
Brenda Hawkins
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Did I just read a Stefanie Jenkins book and not cry like a baby?

I think that just happened.

I absolutely adore Stefanie as a person and as a writer. The Emotional Terrorist I have heard her referred as by others, but to me that Writer who is able to bring out in a person through her words all the emotions.
Ruined Promises still gave me all the emotional feels I get from her but this time I didn't have my heart ripped out, we got the HAF Boss Bentley that Lexi was still yet to meet, and fall in lo
RomanceReader1
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this story and this is my honest review.

Stefanie was gentle with us this time. Although there were still some tear-jerker scenes I was still able to finish this story in one day!

The chemistry between Ben and Lexi was tru the roofs from the beginning 😏 *recalling the bathroom and the office scene*🙈
So, the first time they were together Lexi had run from him afterwards. No see you around, no goodbyes, no form of explanation to Ben, Lexi just gets the heck out of there! The seco
Nikki Pennington
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stefanie Jenkins has done it again. It's been almost a year since I found her and I've devoured everything she's written. She's a master at emotions. Ruined Promises isn't like her first series, but that's not a bad thing. While the I Never series tugged at your heartstrings, broke you into a million pieces before putting you back together again, the Promise series starts off a little differently.

I'm going to go ahead and say it, this is my favorite Stefanie book to date. It has everything a ro
C. Lymari
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ah, where do I even begin?
I've been in such a book slump for a while now and Ruined Promises was the book I didn't know I needed in my life.
It's Stefanie without the "fuck woman you're making me cry." It was SWOONY, and cute AF with a dash, okay a lot of dash of sexy.
Ben and Lexy were couple goals.
Now go on and read and beg for the next book in this exciting new world.
amanda  shaner
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this Boss romance book. Lexi is the definition of woman with a purpose when she starts her career. Then throw in her boss, Ben, and it becomes an absolute swoon worthy love story.
Katslovesbooks
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Oh Stefanie you have a talent to make me fall in love with your stories and this new series is definitely going to be one of my favorites.

From page one I completely lost myself in the story of Lexi and Ben, I couldn't put the book down. All the characters were amazing, and this office forbidden romance was one of the best I've ever read.

I loved Lexi's character and how amazing she was, from her friendship with Hadley, Bryan and Cal to her obsession with Penntatonix, she was just perfect.

Ben wa
Ash Lovesbooks
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Ruined Promises that hasn't already been said in reviews. I laughed, I almost cried and I want more! This book is the first in Stefanie Jenkins' new series (the Promise series) has wonderful world building, dynamic characters and all the heat you can want in a romance. It fits into the office romance trope & has a HEA. I can't recommend this book enough.
Stefanie Jenkins is a must read author for me and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of this series.
Ashley Munoz
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. Ben and Lexi had me melting in the palm of their hands in this steamy, forbidden office romance. Ben is the PERFECT combination of sexy- alpha and swoony lover- it was a home run right from the moment Ben laid eyes on Lexi. The angsty plot twist and swoony end, this is a huge five stars for me. I can't wait for Hadley and Bryn's stories to come out next year.
Nikki Swope, nixreadsromace
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great, lighthearted, low drama love story. The start of an all new series we meet a group of friends who you will quickly fall completely in love with. Book one is all about Lexi Baker who is a young and ambitious events planner who has been dating the son of her boss for three years, although turns out boss’ son turns out to be a jerk.

Then after a night out with her friends and a hot (very hot) encounter with a stranger Lexi is surprise to find out said stranger is now her ne
Jillian_J
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From page one I knew this story was going to be amazing! Stefanie has truly outdone herself with Ruined Promises!

Ben and Lex are the perfect definition of amazing characters! From the moment they meet you know it’s going to be a beautiful journey! They are like magnets truly drawn toward one another, which draws you in so deeply, just can not put the book down!

The secondary characters are such a fantastic addition to the story, you also hope that you get some sneak peaks of what could be to co
zt_book_romance
Shelves: reviewed
I always love and hate trying out new authors. I love it because you never know what you are going to read...and hate it because if i love the book then I have this incessant need to go back and read their entire backlist if they have one. That is what is happening with Stefanie Jenkins, an entire backlist binge. This book was wonderfully written. I loved the characters of Ben and Lexi. Both were career driven, intelligent people who were not afraid to admit their workaholic tendencies. Lexi has ...more
Me_myself_and_romance_ Books
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the first page I knew I was going to love this book. When Lexi stops believing in love but allows herself to be free and has a one night stand that blows her mind she tries to forget the man but when she discovers he is her boss it brings so much drama especially when her ex is her old employers son. Ben and Lexi are so cute but I love how alpha Ben is and doesn’t give up until she gives in. While their relationship progresses while hiding what they have it becomes more difficult on both be ...more
Michelle Mastandrea
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am utterly ruined in the best possible way!!!
From beginning to end, this book was the perfect blend of witty banter, heartfelt emotion, steam, and just the right amount angst to keep those pages turning! I literally couldn’t put it down and devoured this book in one night! Stefanie had me completely captivated and totally invested in these characters and this story! Bentley (Ben) Harrington is EVERYTHING you could possibly want in a book boyfriend! He's charming, sexy, caring, and TOTALLY alph
Linda
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"...some promises are meant to be ruined, right?" I loved the Ruined Promise! I do like the boss / subordinate romance when it sprinkles my TBR list!

This novel by Ms. Jenkins, is my first time with her! Won't be my last for sure!

Ben and Lexi were a great introduction to a series I'm excited for. I don't know that I would ever consider a one night stand for many reasons, but that's why we read, no? Vicariously, I enjoy things, like a one night stand, I'd never experience otherwise! When Ben wal
Katelynn
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ruined promises was my first book by Stefanie and I loved it! Lexi finds out her boyfriend is nothing but a cheater so she goes to a bar where she meets sexy stranger Ben. After a steamy encounter at the bar, Lexi makes a run for it only to discover Ben is her new boss at the office the next day. Ruined Promises has a great cast of supporting characters, but an even stronger cast of main characters. I really enjoyed Ben a lot, he was still an alpha but not an over the top or in your face one. Th ...more
Tara Lee
Gah PERFECTION!!!!

My heart was slllayyeedd!!!

The feels oh the feels.

Ben was just an epiciness of swoon galore.

I fell in love over and over, the alphaness and sweetness just captivated me.

Ben and Lexi together was H.O.T
They had sparks from page one and it just got better.

The twists made for an awesome story and brought just enough egde to this very swoony, very sexy story.

I loved the bond Lexi and her friends had and I so can not wait for their stories.

This hot office romance had it all.

A
Summer Ford
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Stefanie Jenkins, every one of her books have put my heart through a blender and I loved every second of it...except this one. With this book she delivered steamy chemistry and angst but this story was very easy to read and no tears were shed! Ben and Lexi were super likable and made it easy to fall for them. Even the rest of the crew: Hadley, Brynn, Cal and Asher had me laughing out loud and wanting more. I felt like everything flowed nicely. This is a great start to a new ser ...more
Cala Riley
Ruined Promises by Stefanie Jenkins

It’s not often that I get to read, so when I do I go all out. Ruined Promises did not disappoint. If I wasn’t already happily married, I would take Ben for myself. The chemistry between Ben and Lexi was on point. They are proof that sometimes the rules are worth breaking. Jenkins made me take a minute for myself and fall into a story which is a feat of its own. If you love office romances, look no further. I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for us
Rowena
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An office romance must read!

This was a swoon worthy romance read! I loved the simplicity of the storyline and the great characters chemistry. What was suppose to be one night of please for Lexi becomes more as she discovers Ben is more than that. I enjoyed the well written storyline and the sizzling attraction between Ben and Lexi. This was my first read by the author and it did not disappoint. I can’t wait for more of this series!
Joy Whiteside
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good that I could not put it down until I finished it. I finished it in one sitting it was that good. It moves along at a great pace making for a nice read. The characters are so real that you feel as though you know them and you cannot help but fall in love with them. This is a book that must be read, no doubt about it.
Becca Steele
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I needed. I was excited to see what Stefanie Jenkins would come up with, since this is a new world, and she didn't disappoint! I loved Lexi and Ben - so perfect for one another, and I enjoyed every moment of their journey. Steamy, heartwarming and emotional, this book has it all.
Loved it!
Stefanie Nelson hetland
Hot

Lexi has been hurt in past relationships and scared to have more. One night in a bars bathroom can change it all. Ben proves he is not only her new boss but someone she can’t move on from.
Kerry Richardson
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a nice story, I liked the characters and the relationship between them all. However, it was very drawn out, a lot of pointless dialogue and it took so long to get to the crux of the matter and when it finally did it was very anticlimatic so just 3☆ from me.
Rhea
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A nice easy read with a good story. I enjoyed Ben and Lexi’s story and how they got together.
I would like to see more of Asher and his troubled ways in the future.

• See Me After Class
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Fallen Heirs (Windsor Academy #3)
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • The Havoc We Wreak (The Four, #3)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • The Christmas Blanket
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • Taking Control (The Control Duet, #2)
  • The Rule Breaker Anthology
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Chasing Fireflies ( The Chasing Series, #1)
  • Rise of a Queen (Kingdom Duet, #2)
  • All In
  • Hard Love (Trophy Boyfriends, #3)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Revved Up (Sonoma #3)
Hey, I'm Stefanie Jenkins! Boymom of 2, Wife, Coffee Addict, Book Nerd, Hockey Fan and Writer of Contemporary Romance. I currently reside in Surf City, NC and absolutely love living at the beach.

Promise (3 books)
  • Keeping Promises (Promise #2)
  • Pinky Promises (Promise #3)