Start by marking “Heartbroken (Gritt Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Heartbroken (Gritt Family, #1)

Heartbroken

(Gritt Family #1)

Ive avoided my hometown for twenty-seven years for one reason.
Aaron Gritt.
Now that Im back in Springs Falls, Ive done my best to not to run into him.
But if I happen to, lets hope he isnt as hot as he was at eighteen.
But the universe is funny that way.
My life is proof of itsecrets and all.
So Im not surprised when he stands in my classroom before me as the parent of one of
Kindle Edition
Published February 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Heartbroken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartbroken

Start your review of Heartbroken (Gritt Family, #1)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely couldnt put this down. Aaron and Alenes story got ahold of my heart and didnt let go. Their progression from kids to adults in love was fraught with beautiful moments, joy, conflict, heartbreak, and misguided selflessness.

Youve tortured me for almost two years, and now you wont let me play?

Their decisions were made with the other in mind and as a result, their journey took the long road home but there wasnt a doubt in my mind that they would end up where they were meant to be.

Its
Athena
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

Bittersweet second chance romance that will give you all the feels! I freaking LOVED this book!!!

Gabrielle G. has written a captivating story with such great characters you feel like you can relate to them and their issues. Their love, their what-ifs and what-nows, just radiated off the pages. Alane Smith and Aaron Gritt journey is truly bittersweet. My emotions were all over the place with this book and I could not turn the pages fast enough.

This is one of the author's best work
Bozena
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How to begin 🤔 Oh, I know...
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! 😍❤
I'm really and truly in love with it 😭.
This book has all what I love in a romance.
Heartbreak, drama, emotional breakdown, unbelievable gripping love story and is hot as hell
🔥🔥🔥
Damn, the chemistry between them is just OMG!!! 🔥🔥🔥
Alane's and Aaron's book is an unbelievable emotional and gripping story. It's a rollercoaster of hurt feelings and dramatic journey through memories and regrets in an incredible heartbreaking love story 😭😍.
❤ Do you
J. Saman
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book tonight so I'm really raw with it. All I can say is that this is a top read of 2020 for me and I don't think anything will surpass it. This book was amazing! Gritty and real and raw and full of so much love and loss and yes, heartbreak. Gabrielle G. spins a story so consuming it's nearly impossible to put down until you've gotten to the end and taken in every last perfect word. I LOVED this book and it is an absolute MUST READ!
it.sgottabethebooks
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gabrielle G writes such a heartbreakingly beautiful second chance romance book with Heartbroken. Aaron and Alane had me all up in my feels. My emotions were running all over the place as I followed their journey through all the ups and downs, the memories of what once was to the present. The author will have your heart pounding as she did mine from start to finish. Gabrielle G has totally outdone herself with Heartbroken as I feel this is her best book to date! This is a breathtaking must read, ...more
Samantha Turbyfill
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where do you even start to talk about this book and the rollercoaster of emotional extremes it took me on?? Im still thinking about it weeks later. This has been one of my favs for the year! If you love a second chance you need this!

27 years!! How do you lose a love and find your way home after 27 years? How can you still be that same girl who had this huge love in your heart when its beyond shattered and tangled in this mess of secrets.

Starting this book I know the Gritt family a little bit
QueenOfBooks88
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can i say?... Another brilliant story by Gabrielle G.
Aaron Gritt & Alane Smith are childhood sweethearts but no one said the path to true love would be easy. Plenty of laugh out loud moments, love and heartbreak and some steamy scenes that are 🔥
You'll fall in love with this story and the family ❤
Tanja Kezmic
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads, 5star, mar-2020
I loved this story. It was addictive, heartbreaking and beautiful. Second chance at it's best. Alane and Aaron - their young love was powerful but not strong enough to fight for when they were young and didn't know better. After everything that happened in 30 years they were apart they almost missed their second chance at love again but this time they were adults (most of the time) about it and they got HEA that was waaaay over due.

Absolutely perfect ❤

***Review copy requested and reviewed on
thepokebook
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, arc, second-chance
*ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*
(I try to keep as spoiler-free as possible)

As soon as I started this book, my mind and my heart were immediately drawn by the writing. I was compelled by the heroine and how she was more interested in hockey rather than in boys. Of course, she's the kind of girl to have a crush but blinded by him. And that was exactly how I thought she'll be by the end of the book.

How f* wrong I wrong and how f* disappointed I am.

I wanted to love this book but the
Beth (The Rheumatic Reader)
Heartbroken had me hooked from the first few pages. I love this couple and I love this family. This book is Alane and Aaron's story, but it is so much more. The Gritt family as a whole are absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to have more of them!

This book, spanning several decades, is one hell of a rollercoaster ride. Alane and Aaron were supposed to be each other's forever. They were supposed to experience all their firsts together. But when Aaron is given a timeline by Alan's pastor father,
S.S. Richards
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read this year. I was dying for a good contemporary book so I reached out to Gabrielle G. because I knew I needed one of her books to read! Her writing is medicine and therapy to my soul. Aaron and Alane, just like many other characters Gabrielle created in the past, are perfect together. Their chemistry is insane and most importantly, the message behind this book is amazing. A must read. Do not miss this book!
Jennifer Hewitson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant - always amazed at the twists from Gabrielle G. - and this book is no exception!! A must read story of unrequited love with characters you cant help but fall in love with. Going to read it again now! ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is my first Gabrielle G. book and I cant wait to read more. I love this second chance story...and not just second chance 5-10 years later. We are talking about 27 years later!!!!!! Aaron and Alane were in their teens and the next time they encountered each other they were in their 40s. I loved this storyline. Its interesting how much they changed, or didnt change. There is a little twist to it that at first I didnt see coming but little hints were dropped until I finally realized what was ...more
Thuy Taylor
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book title is perfect for this book. We get dual POV's in this story of Aaron Gritt and Alane. The story goes from past to present time. They fell hopelessly in love in high school, made plans, but plans always change. Aaron is Luke's brother from 'Often & Suddenly'. An illness in her family has brought her back to her hometown. Years have passed since his first love have been around each other. I felt the devastation, the heartbreak of Aaron and Alane's relationship in the beginning ...more
LianaReads blog
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why I havent read this author before??
My all-time favourite tropes are second chance romance and this book ticks all the boxes in my perfect romance story.
Beautifully written story with flawed reliable characters and a life full of decisions that many times werent upon them to take but love will always make its way into their lives and will bring back together two souls that were meant to be forever.
Summer Ford
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ive sat on this review for a bit. I have so many thoughts and emotions swarming through me that Im not exactly sure how to put them into the perfect words to explain how visceral this story truly is. Aaron and Alanes story captured me right away. I needed to know what was going to happen, what had already happened. The conflicting emotions were like butterflies in my stomach that were trying to escape. The heartbreak, the betrayals, the loss...the love (and sexy times!), the connections, the ...more
Jayne
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author was new to me, so I started this book with no expectations at all. What I got was a well-written, sweet, angsty, thought provoking story. One of my criteria for judging a good read is if I care about what happens to the characters. And I did care, because this author created an interesting story around these fallible and relatable people.

Aaron loved Alane and Alane loved him back, but family intervention and misunderstandings drove them apart. Now, separated for almost three decades,
BookLover
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five amazing, flashing stars for this book!!

This book is definitely not for the faint of heart. It is raw, emotional, frustrating, totally steamy and worth every minute you read it for. This author is one I now read with every release, and this book, with all of its craziness and twists was AMAZING!!

The world Gabrielle G has created is big and beautiful. Her previous books gives you insight into the past and what has happened. The characters tug at my heart with everything I have. These
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I loved this story. The characters are so human and messed up that I couldnt help but hurt with them. There was plenty of anxiety and definitely lots of heartbreak in this story. The plot was fantastic and had me wanting to read more about this family.

Aaron is a moody and brooding teenager and just as moody when he is a forty year old man. So much happened that could have been different if only there had been some honesty and the spiteful people had been thwarted.... but then there wouldnt be a
Johanna Sawyer
Wow...bookhangover... my first by this author but damn. All. The. Feels. Alane vs. the Gritt family. The story flits back and forth through past and present revealing a heart breaking story of a once in a lifetime love. I loved it. I laughed, and I was heart broken.

What did I like? Second chance romances always get to me because they always have such a loss of time. Time is precious and we only get a certain amount. I just loved the flit from past to present and it just shakes you to know
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aaron and Alanes story is an emotional roller coaster journey from beginning to end. This is a beautifully written 2nd chance romance story which is raw, gritty, sweet, and filled with drama, forgiveness, heartbreak, and love. This is an all-consuming and powerful story which had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner. I highly recommend this gifted authors work for all readers. ...more
Jessica Roelkey
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been sitting on this review for quite some time, trying to find the right words.. I still havent found the words that this book truly deserves. I loved everything about this book!! By far MY best read of 2020. I cant wait to learn more about the Grjtt Family ♥ ...more
booksiflove
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author (I know, shame on me!) but definitely not my last!!!

This story starts about Alane & Aaron falling in love in high school. Slowly but steadily. Unfortunately shes the pastors daughter, so its not as easy as one would think. A lot of restrictions surround these two, but they make do anyway. Their love is deep, and they have their lives planned out. But hardly ever anything goes according the way you planned right??

Almost thirty years later Alane returns to
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come!
Isabel Lucero
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gabrielle really knows how to write characters that feel realthat feel like people you know, or want to know.
I appreciated how much Aaron tried keeping his word with Alanes dad, and loved how she was the one who wanted to move things forward quicker. I instantly loved Luke and the entire Gritt family. Gabrielle pulled me in and had me wanting to move onto the farm and never leave this amazing group of people.
This is a phenomenal second chance romance!
Sunny Shelly Reads
Heartbroken is wonderful second-chance romance that takes place thirty years after Aaron and Alane first started dating. She's the local preacher's daughter, he's the son of the town hippies. Her parents pretty much hated anything that would place Al's virtue in question or distract her from her hockey training. But Al and Aaron fell in love at the ice rink, and had no doubt that they were part of each other's souls.

The book goes back and forth between Then and Now chapters, with each
Skye Yanovsky
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read Heart Broken a while ago and completely got overwhelmed with everything going on but I wanted to get my review up now. This story is a super angsty second chance romance that deals with first love, parental pressure, mistakes, lost love, heartache, divorce, and forgiveness while also navigating careers, children and even some issues of mental health. It is dramatic and so heartbreakingly tragic what Alane and Aaron had to deal with from their teens until they meet again so many years ...more
TheMommaBookClub
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartbroken [The Gritt Series, Book One] by Gabrielle G

𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯, 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴. 𝘏𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭, 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯. -Alane
*~*~*~*
𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖: As high school sweethearts, Alane and Aaron thought theyd found a love to last them a lifetimebut Alanes father had bigger plans for her than Aaron Gritt. She was destined for hockey greatness.

After Aaron breaks her heart and moves on, Alanes
Melinda
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alane did something years ago that has been haunting her. Years ago she fell in love with a boy who not only blew her mind away but also broke her heart. Coming back to Spring Falls not only has her first love but also memories that have never left her. Seeing her again is making Aaron Gritt go crazy with everything of their past coming back full force. Unlike Alane he has questions of what happened to the love they had and where it all went wrong. The thing is that he has no time for Alane but ...more
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
I love Gabrielle G and her words so much! With each and every book she writes she leaves me feeling so many different things. And Heartbroken is no different.

This second chance romance is heartbreakingly beautiful. Gabrielle G left me feeling so many different emotions I dont even know where to start. Aaron and Alanes story is absolutely amazing! I feel second chance romances are so much more emotional due to tall the stuff that previously happened and let me tell you the emotions are flying

• Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Bullseye: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • For Three Seconds
  • Finding My Night
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Almost Perfect
  • We Are Us
  • Kiss the Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Doughn't Let Me Go
  • Finding My One: a love story
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Breathless
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
Gabrielle G will do anything for a hot cup of tea, still celebrates her half birthdays and feels everyone has an inner temptuous voice.

Born in France and having lived in Switzerland, Gabrielle currently resides in Montreal with her husband, three devilish children and an extremely moody cat.

After spending years contemplating a career in writing, she finally jumped off the deep end and took the

Gritt Family (2 books)
  • Forsaken (Gritt Family #2)

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...