Start by marking “Release” as Want to Read:
Release

Release

From USA Today Bestselling Author Aly Martinez comes an emotional new standalone.

Growing up, Ramsey Stewart branded my soul in ways time could never heal.

At twelve, he asked me to be his girlfriend.
At thirteen, he gave me my first kiss.
By sixteen, wed fallen in love, planned a future together, and had our eyes set on the horizon.

Love never fails, right?
But for
Published January 5th 2020 by Independently published (first published January 4th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Release, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release

Start your review of Release
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 - 3.75 Stars

I'm not really in the reviewing mood today, but I want to get something up here before I completely forget to do so...

I am a huge Aly Martinez fan. She has penned some of my all time favorites. Here are some links to my reviews of said favorites for your perusal, if interested. Or just so you know which ones I am talking about:

The reason I list those is because,
Christy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

photo IMG_5642_zpswapqaqvz.png
"Sometimes you have to let go of the life you planned in order to live the one you're given."

Aly Martinez writes the best friends to lovers stories. They always have so much heart and give me so many feels. Some of her older books (Fighting Silence especially) are some of my favorite romances of all time. It's been a while since she wrote a book that gave me those same kind of feels, but Release did just that.

Ramsey Stewart and Thea Hull meet when they're kids. Even though
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
RELEASE

'RELEASE:' Is a coming of age, full length romance, standalone novel by Aly Martinez. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

This was the perfect escape away from the silly season, theres nothing I would change about this book, a slow burn that got its hooks into me chapter by chapter, So easy to get into, so hard to put down!.. Oh how I loved these two! Soul mates from the age of ten, first kiss, first love, first heartache, first everything. An emotional rollercoaster, a twist in the plot that
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

His lips were soft.
His tongue was timid.
And his hands were gentle as they glided up my back.
Compared to the frenzied passion wed later discover with each other, that kiss was tame.
But with that first kiss, Ramsey sealed our promises. Promises that would change us for the better, for the worse, and for everything in between.
Unfortunately for us, not long after that, the worse became all we knew.

Get ready to have your mind completely blown
Dilek VT
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointing
I had high expectations about this book and was looking forward to reading it. Then the bad reviews made me lose my interest in it. However, finally, I wanted to read it and see it myself

Sadly, it was a huge disappointment. Normally, I like Ms. Martinezs books, they make me feel, but this one didnt.

*********************************************

Firstly, 100 pages of the 240-page book is about their childhood friendship. It is kinda boring and I couldnt warm up to either of them as kids.

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEMES & TROPES: Second-Chance, Friends to Lovers
RATING: All of the Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG (live on Jan 2nd)

Time and timing is the theme that drives RELEASE. The time when Ramsay Stewart entered Thea Hull's life. The time it took for them to become friends. When they shared their first kissed. When they went far beyond kissing for the first time. And when
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 STARS <3

I really liked this one, I feel like it was a long time since I read a book from Aly Martinez!The last book I read was ok but this one was fantastic!It was emotional, angsty and heartwarming! I loved the romance and the characters were well developed!

Sometimes you have to let go of the life you planned in order to live the one youre given.

Get ready for an emotional roller coaster that will keep you on edge!I loved their connection and how they make me feel everything!Thea and
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
...the two of us were a pair of wings. One was worthless without the other.

5 Stars - I loved this one!!!
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191225_001633.png

When I first started this book, I had no idea what I was going to get besides heartbreak. This author has always managed to give her readers something different while still having a beauty in the story. Release is a friends to lovers romance that will give you heartbreak, fill you with hope, and make you believe in the power of love all over again

How could one tragedy change the course of your life? One significant moment and poof, the life that you knew, is suddenly gone. Well for The past
arini ☆彡

i did not come here for puppy love. i came here expecting a heart wrenching second chance at love story from an ex felon who was convicted of killing the bastard that assaulted his then girlfriend. im extremely salty i got more of the former than the latter.

my problem with childhood friends to lovers/second chance romance is always the same: the flashbacks or the two paralled stories we often get comparing the characters then relationship to their now. in most cases, it ends up being
Fre06 Begum
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

I cant do this without you.
Do what? I asked.
He lifted one shoulder in a half shrug. Breathe.

Aly Martinez is the queen of feels and plot twists. The woman will tug at every heart string you have and then turn your world upside down with a twist you never see coming. And Release brings both of those things in spades. MAN. My heart. My whole heart.

Thea and Ramsey owned my heart from the very first chapter. Martinez takes you on a spellbinding journey as they meet as children. What
Syndi
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think from all the books from Miss Martinez, Release is where she tries rom com but with her signature twist on it. She never let you guess the climax or the twist of the plot until the end.

I like the story very much. I also like the free spirit banter between the characters. Like i said it has some comedy in the conversation. Thea is the heroine in the story. Literally she is the heroine who saves the day. She is fearless and tough as nail. Brave and free spirited.

Now on the other hand,
Tianna✸loves books✸
The plot is good. H and h are best friends since childhood and then in love but something happens which ends up with the H going to prison. He killed a guy who assaulted her. She waited for him for 12 years feeling guilty. But after coming out he doesnt want to do anything with her. Infact he told her to move on and that he doesnt love her when he was in the prison.

The chapters began with how they met and their friendship began and then how he went to the prison.
And then the present where the H
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jessica
Going into this one, I decided to not even read the synopsis and go in blind. When it started, I enjoyed how the author decided to show us how the two characters met and how their friendship bloomed over their childhood. All you knew in the beginning was that the guy was in prison and had cut off communication from the main character. We get to see Ramsey and Thea learn to really trust each other when they're young, become best friends, and then become lovers. The relationship in this was very ...more
Giorgia ~ Reads
3.5 ⭐

It was a good read, a good story, a decent pass time but its not memorable. The storyline makes it so that your emotions get tackled a little bit considering everything that happened, the violence, the lost time the suffering and the loneliness.

Overall, I dont regret reading it, but it wont stick with me past the next couple of days, that didnt sound very encouraging, but really it is a good story worth a read, it just wasnt gripping enough when it could have been. Considering the subject
The Book Bee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4 STARS

So, yeah. Aly Martinez had me all up in my feelings again with this one. WAY up. But the two most prevalent ones had me laughing at one point and smiling from ear to ear the next - hilarious anecdotes and deep discussions of the past providing a serious emotional barricade. But that certainly doesn't negate the fact that a twist thrown in there didn't just make me gasp like, "no biggie!"
CC
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, feels, f-br, damaged

At ten years old, Thea Hulls life irrevocably changed when she lost her mother and simultaneously gained a friend. From that moment forward, counting time and possible future moments became second nature. As Thea matures, she remains true to what she believed her life could be.

I didnt know it then, but that day, Ramsey Stewart saved my life. And six years later, Id repay him by ruining his life.

When Ramsey Stewart moved to a small town in Georgia, he had hoped to make a new life at only eleven
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly, ratula
AHHH!! Release was a second chance love story of the ages!!! Aly Martinez rips your heart out, drowns you in angst and slowly mends all your wounds with heartfelt lifelong promises and swoony moments. I LOVED release as it was raw, gritty, poignant and so gripping. I was consumed with every word and could not stop reading! This was a marvelous story coupled with Martinez's masterful and incomparable talent! I was spellbound!

Oh my Lord. I can't even come up from air from this story without
Wil Loves Books!
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020
I love Aly Martinez and her books, shes just such an awesome writer and her books always bring all the feels. This was no exception. I truly loved this one, its not my favorite Aly book but it was really good nonetheless. This is a childhood friends to lovers, second chance story that kept me hooked from beginning to end. It also had some twists and turns that I just didnt see coming.

Overall I loved the story and felt for both characters and what they endured. However, I felt that the ending
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aly Martinez always delivers, with her words, characters, stories, the amount of ins and outs, heart, and all the FEELS. She has us believing one thing and BAM, you are served with another twist and turn to pull your heart right out of your chest. She completely owns you while you read this story of first love, second chances, choices made, feelings displaced and some that never ever went away. I can't recommend this story enough. Ramsey and Thea will steal your soul and have you cheering, ...more
~♡AB♡~
Loved the first half of this book when they were kids, the friends to more than friends journey from 11 - 16 was fabulous 😁

Second half let me down a little, but only because it felt a bit rushed.

Would recommend though - it's well worth the read for fans of second chance romances.

3.5 Stars
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

To explain how I fell in love with Thea Hull, Id need to go back to the beginning. Fair warning, this is not a story of hearts, flowers, and romance. That would call come later. But in the beginning, my love for Thea was born out of death, broken hearts, and desperation.

Release by Aly Martinez is an achingly beautiful and tragic love story about two young lovers whose lives would be forever altered in one tragic night. It is an emotional standalone that tells a story of childhood friends to
Lo Bookfrantic
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person Dual

"Love changes a man - even when he's not yet a man at all."

Thea Hull at a very young age learned grief; the lost of her mother should of have been the worse for her except it wasn't.  When she lost her mother she felt she lost her father as well as he dealt with his own grief.
"Our bond was sewn into the very fabric of our lives.  Without Ramsey Stewart, there was no Thea Hull."

Ramsey Stewart was the
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I have never read an Aly Martinez book... I have several on my kindle and it's just not having enough time to keep up that has kept me from reading one of her books. I wanted to start off this year reading books from authors I have never read before and after reading the blurb, I knew that I wanted this to be my first Martinez book. And WOW... what a masterpiece!
I love the friends to lovers/second chance romance trope and this was right up my alley.
I laughed, I cried (the tears omg!), I smiled
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

- 3.5 stars -

"Thea and I were two of a kind. Lost. Broken. Forgotten. Stuck."

Release is a fast-paced childhood friends-to-lovers romance. I always get very excited when I see that Aly Martinez is releasing a new book. Release started out really good, and the prologue had me intrigued to see how Ramsey and Thea got together. I was happy that the past was shown in one big piece, instead of inserting flashbacks every other chapter. I loved how these
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4,5 ❤❤💔❤ 🌳 🚲 🐶 💌 🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣❣❣❣

Captivating, emotional, a beautiful love story❣

My heart broke through Ramsey and Theas journey.
The two of us were a pair if wings. One was worthless without the other. Thea

Two young innocent, broken souls looking for affection.
We were two lonely people who relied on each other. Thea

And as they were growing up, their feelings grew along.
In that tree, suffering alone and also together, I fell in love with her like the stars falling from the sky. Ramsey

And later, apart
Jessica Alcazar
My heart is on fire!! I just cannot with this woman.....

I know theres a bazillion reviews on this book already. I dont know how many you guys will read or not read or whatnot. Dont read them, read them, whatever it doesnt matter. Why? Because you shouldnt need a review to decide to read an Aly Martinez book. You just do it. If you dont just do it then .. I dont know. Not trying to judge (maybe) but you might not be right in the head. KIDDING. Maybe. *shrug*

This woman is talented. I have read a
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 5, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Contemporary Romance | Second Chances | Romantic Suspense

I havent read many of Alys novels but the ones I have read have been enjoyable. Release is a standalone, contemporary romance of second chances and redemption. This book is HIGH in emotions and SLOW in terms of the burning fire of love. Not only that, this is a unique story and one that is certain to leave an impression on any reader. This book isnt without twists and turns either.
Turning Pages At ...: Release by Aly Martinez 45 33 Jan 09, 2020 04:10AM

• Dear Ava
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Focused
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Lust Hate Love (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Inappropriate
  • Enemies
  • Credence
  • Overnight Service (Always Satisfied, #4)
  • Mistletoe Over Manhattan
  • War of Hearts
  • Mistletoe Kisses
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.