Start by marking “Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.” as Want to Read:
Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.

Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.

Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye
Ellis.
I feel him.
Before I even lay eyes on him, I sense him.
The air in the room seems charged, my awareness of him heightened, but he is a stranger to me.
Unfamiliar, yet familiar.
Unknown, yet known.
And something inside me says, “Hello, I’ve been waiting for you.”
Macsen.
I see him.
I've seen him a hundred times before and I know this will not
Published April 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.

Start your review of Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye.
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
“Some lights should not, and can never be dimmed.”

Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye. is a M/M stand alone love story by E.S. Carter. This is the story of two men, two hearts, that were searching for each other, yearning for each other, neither complete until they were united. I suggest going in to this book blind, letting it unfold before your eyes, and experiencing it one word at a time.

waterwynch house - Google Search

Macsen Evans is thirty six years old and is a self made millionaire. Intuition has gotten him where he is
warhawke
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

After years of emptiness, Macsen Evans left everything he ever knew and escaped to the seaside town of Lily Bay. Now the proud owner of a decrepit manor, he was determined it would bring him what he had been looking for his whole life. Ellis Probert had no idea how the town newcomer would flip his life upside down for better or worse.

I went into this book completely blind and I believe that’s the best way to enjoy
E.S. Carter
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ItaPixie
Shelves: 4-stars

I trust E.S. Carter’s writing so much that I usually go into her books blind.
I didn’t need to read the blurb to know that Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye. would have been a good novel but, still, I was struck by its beauty.

Macsen and Ellis came from two opposite worlds, a businessman from the big city the first and the owner and chef of the local pub in the little town of Lily Bay the latter, but it took just a look at each other to understand they were perfect together. They were the missin

CC
4 ★

Macsen Evans is a self-made entrepreneur and such success has given him the ability to fulfill a strong impulse to find what he needs. When he arrives in a Welsh seaside town, Macsen operates on instinct in search of the one person who completes him, a local named Ellis Probert. Though Ellis isn’t the type to believe in love at first site, Macsen challenges what Ellis feels and has known for some time. Together, they learn what most don’t believe is possible.

“So I’m supposed to trust that
Lo Bookfrantic
Shelves: f-br

4★★★★Stars

Genre:  M/M Contemporary
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person - Dual

“I’ve searched for you my whole life....I knew you were here on this side.”

Macsen Evans has a goal and he was bound to make it happen.  When life pulls him closer to a special person he stopped questioning it all and went with his feelings.  When he found him he had no doubt it was going to be hard to understand but everything is always worth it.

“I a
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I adore this original and romantic story of a love that transcends.
Macsen has spent a lifetime searching for one thing, one person and when he arrives in the seaside village of Lily Bay he knows deep down that he has found it.

“When I open my eyes, they meet the smooth depths of his.
“Tell me what you feel.” A plea.
“Everything.”

Macs is willing to risk everything but he needs to make sure he doesn’t scare Ellis away with their powerful truth.

“I want to consume you.”
“Then do it.”
“I want to ow
Joyfully Jay
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

The blurb for this book does not give anything away and I am trying to do the same, while still being able to steer readers in the right direction to decide if this is the book for them. Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye. is not a traditional romance, but it is an enduring love story. When a romance by definition needs a HEA/HFN, this is not precisely that, and while the ending can be seen as sad, it can also be seen as hopeful, at least from my reading viewpoint.
Nicky James
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Exceptional book! This one tugged at my emotions and gave me all the feels. I love it when a book can choke me up, and it doesn't happen often. This one gave me sniffles (obviously it was allergies) and left an impression. I won't forget this one. It will stick with me for a long time. ...more
Leyna
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I should have listened to my instinct (as used to do one of the characters in this book) and stayed the hell away from this book. Too insta, too melodramatic, too everything...
Clearly not the book for me.
Jessica Alcazar
I am probably not going to do this ridiculously powerful story justice with my review. I want to. I really do. I’ve been thinking on it for days. Taking notes. Looking back at all my highlights. It’s been a roller coaster for me and in all that time, I cannot form coherent thoughts to put on paper because there is so much. I knew when I read the synopsis that this book would be a lot. I was ready for it. I knew it would gut-punch me, but I was ready.

I wasn’t ready.

The journey/story of Ellis
Pamela Lilley
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy fricking moly. I am currently lost for words. I feel like I’ve happened upon the Holy Grail of love stories. I’m not really a lover of weepies, let’s be honest, I avoid them at all costs, but sometimes you happen upon a book, and even though you know you'll be reaching for the tissues (I had an inkling), you know you have no choice but to read it. Devour it even. Why? Because it was written by ES Carter, and no matter the genre, you know you’ll love it. Let me also say this, no one writes m ...more
Grace
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of two men who were meant for one another, in any lifetime. How they come together in this story is unconventional to say the least. But despite the oddness of it all, it is clear to this reader that the connection, the insentient draw between them, is real.

Macsen Evans comes to Lily Bay based on a feeling. A unexplained draw to a place he's never visited, investing in a property he's never seen, all because of this feeling. And when he dines at Safe Harbour one night, he conf
My Own Bookshelves
ES Carter has magic with words. She writes in this lyrical fashion that weaves around you and spins you somewhere else. And isn't that what we want our fiction to do? Provide us those few precious moments to escape.

The story allows the reader to peer into a moment of time between Mac and Ell. We share in their discovery and connection. To appreciate this meeting of the souls, you may need to step back for a moment and allow the words to seep in. Ms Carter doesn't just hand over the journey. She
Tris
Apr 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
Dawn Higgins
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH WOW! My ultimate read of the year by far,this author just brought a story to life,gave it life, then took it away to know it would be there another day.
I just have no words how this made me feel,my emotions, shot to bits,my heart, smashed to smithereens, my brain, can't function, i just don't have the words to do this story justice.

No one but no one writes story's like ES Carter, the way that these two soul mates found each other is just unique,her story telling, her words that she puts down
Lorraine
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read, m-m
Hankies at the ready people. This is not a drill!

Favourite Hello Hardest Goodbye is not only a beautifully crafted love story but also a story of intrigue and truths to be discovered. From the first page, ES Carter lays little traps for you to fall into and ask questions. They are the hooks that reel you in and leave you wanting to know everything about Macs and Ellis and the people they are.

I was desperate to understand Macs in the beginning. Why buy an old run-down mansion in a place you've n
Jackie Wright
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow !!!
Favourite Hello. Hardest Goodbye is a M/M love story that’s going to stay with me for a long time, it’s a book that truly deserves 5 stars because it has all the feels you would expect in a great read.
I don’t want to give to much of this love story away because I believe this is a book you need to pick up with no preconceived ideas, you need to read it first hand and just go with the flow, you won’t be disappointed.
Macsen Evans is a self made millionaire but in order to become successfu
LianaReads blog
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m still crying because this is probably the best book I’ve ever read. I was waiting for an usual love story with two people that find each other after a bumpy road but what I’ve got is way beyond my expectations.
It’s raw and so gripping, it will have your heart shattered in million pieces but it’s also real and shows that side of humanity when life happens and you’ll have to accept it as it comes.

My favourite part:
“How many people are blessed enough to have that? To have their soulmate next
Julia Stevens
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbbf-lpool21
What an absolutely beautiful love story. I have fallen in love with two gorgeous men, Macsen and Ellis.

How can a book leave me heartbroken and tearful, but at the same time all warm, smiley and fuzzy inside? These are the feelings this incredible love story has given me and I'm in awe of this amazing author. I've read most of her books, she's a one click author, but this has surpassed all others (and let me tell you "One" was a top favourite read last year).

With an eye catching cover and the per
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG...What a story. Favorite Hello Hardest Goodbye was an absolutely amazing love story. This was my first E.S Carter novel and I there are not enough words to describe how much I loved it. Its a story about two men, two halves of one a whole, always searching and not complete until they found each other. Its a story that will give you all the feels and touch your heart in more ways than one.
From the start this story captured my attention and I could not put it down. I was hooked, consumed with
Denise
3.75 Stars

Finished this a couple of days ago but I've been unable to function or sleep this week (thx USA).

With that in mind, my external stress may have affected my reading experience and this won't be a coherent, intelligent review. I went into the story not knowing much and wasn't aware it had a (view spoiler) plot. I enjoyed the book and Carter's wonderful writing style. The story was thought-provoking and certainly romantic, albeit unconventional, and a beautif
Angie
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Oh
My
God
I wasn't prepared for this book. I had just come off of reading an emotional book and wasn't expecting this one to be one as well. Holy crap on a cracker. Ellis and Macsen have an epic story, I won't ruin it for you but one piece of advice, have tissue and be prepared. Ugh, my heart took a beating. I chewed all my nails off too. Sweet lord this was a good book. I'll have to say it's top five of all time books to completely shatter
Cathy
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, this one snuck right up on me. It was a heck of a journey, sometimes even when you can feel it happening it still takes your breath away. The story of Macsen and Ellis broke me, the feels are so strong but also there is so much light. Iris in particular is a spark that cannot be missed and the camaraderie between all these friends is something to behold. Its warm and sweet, funny and heart breaking all rolled up in a beautiful book.
Mazmum
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Favourite Hello, Hardest Goodbye felt like taking a walk down and around the seaside, enjoying the waves, the snacks, the sun bathing you in its glory until some buggar pushed you off the edge of the pier. My pier in this case was just before 5am after a mid-night hayfever attack gave me an opportunity to finish my book and learn the art of crying quietly whilst trying not to wake up my husband. Yup, she even got to this cold, dead old crow.

It is utterly and unashamedly romantic - I want to desc
Bati
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I remember when I was in high school I read a question: Would you rather love someone and lost that person forever or never love anyone? At that time I struggled with answer.Nobody wants to be hurt. But as time passed I grow up and became sure, what is the right answer.
Love is always the answer. No matter how long we have that love in our lives or how big gap we have to carry, when it's gone. Love change us forever and is always worth the risk.

This book is painfully beautiful. Trancendental an
Sharon Betts
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this stand alone m/m story. It starts with Macsen driving to beautiful Lily Bay in Wales,Welsh on seemingly some sort of mad mission, based on gut feel. Here he finds Ellis. There's lots of great banter and some wonderful secondary characters (I'm hoping that somewhere down the line Iris and Rex will have a story? There's certainly some great characters that I would love to see developed - let's hope the author reads this).

This is a story of everlasting love that transcends time. A soul
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
A beautiful story from beginning to end of souls connected through space and time ! This story takes you on an adventure with endless possibilities and the need for more is unreal!

If you like MM romances this book is written with all the care in the world. If you haven’t yet allowed yourself to adventure into this genre this book is a perfect place to start x

A fantastic read with some emotional charged moments x

5 Stars

Diz
4TLOR
Loriana Cappello
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
A beautifully written M/M love story that stayed with me a long time after I'd finished reading. The possibilities for Macs and Ellis are endless. ...more
Mercedes
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, m-m
3.5 Stars

I don't think I was in the best reading mood for this book so I think I enjoyed it a bit less than I would have in a different mood.

It was a good story about the endurance of love. Macsen and Ellis were both enjoyable characters and Ellis' journey toward accepting the love Macsen was offering, even though Ellis was skeptical about how it came to be, was lovely to behold.

This book definitely had a unique angle that I'd never read before, I'd say it's good to go in not knowing what's to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Without You
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • The Devil Inside
  • Project Hero
  • A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • When You Come Back to Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Abstract Love
  • Rare
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • Tread (Kink Files. #2)
  • The Kiss (Kink Files, #1)
  • Beautiful & Terrible Things
  • Rival

USA Today Bestselling Author, ES Carter, lives in Cardiff, South Wales. The home of castles, dragons and folklore.
Her family joke that she was born with a book in her hand, and the urge to write stories soon followed.
At eleven, she won her school's literary prize. At ages fourteen to sixteen - her poetry phase after falling in love with Dylan Thomas and e.e. cummings - she had a few poems publish