Start by marking “How to Overthrow a Government” as Want to Read:
How to Overthrow a Government

How to Overthrow a Government

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An historical and hypothetical survey of revolution, civil war, and sedition. Tracing the causes of government overthrow from the beginning of humanity to 2019, this book has enough meat for the political scientist and political junkie alike yet easy to read for the curious. Its contents will prompt further investigation or at least a good cynical knee-jerk.
Paperback, 2nd, 116 pages
Published February 4th 2020 by Amazon KDP

To ask other readers questions about How to Overthrow a Government, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Overthrow a Government

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of How to Overthrow a Government
Roderick Edwards
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-rodericke
This book explores the hypothetical overthrow of government and tracks from the rise of ancient Chinese farmers turning their farm tools into weapons, to the attempted impeachment of president Donald Trump. This book is a polisci's mecca. ...more
Janalyn Prude
A great read!

This is another great Book by Roderick Edwards. I love Mr. Edwards books and even though he usually writes nonfiction this fictional version of how to overthrow a government was just as entertaining and attention-getting. I highly recommend this book to those who like politics and or usually like non-fiction, because this book reads like a true account. I really loved it and highly recommend it!
Caroline
Just like in Nazi Germany, North Korea, China, brainwashing. Prevent the other side from being heard at all costs. I won this book from Goodreads Giveaways and the author Roderick Edwards.
Mandy
Dec 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a giveaway. If this is a topic you are interested in this was informative and referenced relevant pieces of history. It would be a good jumping off point if you wanted to research the topic further as this was a very quick read. I would have preferred the sources not to be from wikipedia which as an educator makes me skeptical when information comes from there but otherwise was well done.
JB
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read

I don’t like to give spoilers on the books that I read. I believe the blurb on the back is enough for you to decide if you will read the book or not. If you choose to read, enjoy!
Thomas Lennek
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Timely Read

A short, historical survey of revolution and sedition. Very even handed, the reader will be able to identify whether the events i n Washington, D.C. were a deliberate coup, or a tragic, misguided farce.
Mary
Dec 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting read
Lori
Feb 28, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Great cover but unfortunately a terrible book. It starts out reading like a college freshman's paper and then degenerates.

Poorly written, claims made without support, incorrect statements of facts.

It also goes off topic about halfway through. Finally, the author pretends to try to be impartial but reveals himself as a hard-right conservative. Although I am a far left liberal, I am willing to read or listen to opposing viewpoints, but they must use facts to support their position.

I got this boo
Jessica
Linda Donohue
Goodreads Authors...: How to Overthrow a Government 3 22 Mar 18, 2020 04:17AM
Relevant 1 1 Jan 15, 2020 05:24AM

• Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven but Nobody Wants to Die: Bioethics and the Transformation of Health Care in America
  • The Anti-Trump Conspiracy: Why the Super-Elite Ruling Class is Opposed to the 45th President
  • Dermatillomania: The skin picking disorder explained
  • Confirmed Kill: Heroic Sniper Stories from the Jungles of Vietnam to the Mountains of Afghanistan
  • Simplify Your Financial Life: 104 Easy Tips for Creating the Abundant Future You Desire
  • Fortune and Glory (Stephanie Plum, #27)
  • How To Choose Self Defense Ammunition (Cunningham Grant)
  • Grind: A No-Bullshit Approach to Take Your Business from Concept to Cash Flow
  • The Manager’s Communication Toolkit: Tools and Techniques for Leading Difficult Personalities
  • Sales in a New York Minute: 212 Real-World and Easy to Implement Strategies to Make More Sales, Build Loyal Relationships and Make More Money
  • What We Owe
  • Paradise: A Michael Quinn Short Story
  • My Little Ikigai Journal: A Journey Into the Japanese Secret to Living a Long, Happy, Purpose-Filled Life
  • The Grid: The Decision-making Tool for Every Business (Including Yours)
  • Pakistan: A Hard Country