Start by marking “The Baroness of New York” as Want to Read:
The Baroness of New York

The Baroness of New York

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Baroness Adele von Mueller learns the sweetest love is forbidden....

Baroness Adele von Mueller
It's 1903 and free-spirited 18-year-old Baroness Adele von Mueller has just arrived to live with her spinster aunt in New York City. After a previous impropriety tarnishes her reputation with the German nobility, her father sends her overseas to give her one last chance to marry
Expected publication: May 1st 2020 by Platen Press

To ask other readers questions about The Baroness of New York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baroness of New York

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The Baroness of New York
Melissa
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why cant we just be different? she asked Why do we have to do what everyone says?

A dramatic and soul-wrenching story that questions if love can erase the barriers of race and gender. The Baroness of New York is a powerful romance that had me playing our scenarios in my head of how I want the story to continue for days after I finished the book. Would you risk your life for love?

After being ruined when she puts her trust in her betrothed, Adele is sent from Germany to go live with her aunt in
Suzanne Hare
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and an can not wait for the next book to see how it turns out. The love triangle is great. The characters pop right off the page keeping you engaged in their story. The subject matter of racism, being gay, the lack of respect and autonomy of women, the class separation and lack of closeness in the upper class families brings to light how far we have come and yet to go. The ability of the heroine to love is amazing and I admired her character greatly. The romance she had with ...more
Anonymous 5
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story about two people with completely different backgrounds who fall in love and have to face the scorn of society. I prefer clean reads and this was a bit steamy, but the storyline was very interesting and well crafted. I haven't read too many Regency/Victorian romances that touch on interracial relationships, and this one was very well written. The love that Nick and Adele share is beautiful. This is an intriguing read with wonderfully developed characters and a ...more
Sandy
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down.
This turn of the century tale was outstanding the plot was interesting and I was fully engaged with the characters. This was a hard to put down book. The Victorian age had so many conflicting ideas and morals and the author did a splendid job of showing this. Nick and Adeles story is one that I will re-read over and over again high praise for this gem. I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Cassie Wright
Very racy, but full of the perfect kind of romantic mushiness, this book really hits the spot for fans of 1900s New York City. Full of heart-stopping inner conflict, caused by racial and social inequalities prevalent in this time period, it was hard to put down.
Tikey Stroh
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is truly a GREAT book. Nick and Anya's story is absolutely riveting, I enjoyed this book 100%. It will keep you completely consumed from beginning to end. Loved it and so will you.
Pat
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written storyline and characters that were so well created that as I turned each and every page I felt like Nick and Adele pulled me right into their journey as it unfolded!
Karen
Mar 25, 2020 added it
Beautifully written love story. Characters are so believable that they will draw you right . Hard to put down. Loved this book.
Ashley
Feb 26, 2020
Connie Fischer
Mar 03, 2020
Kira Rosol
Mar 28, 2020
Tyra
Apr 05, 2020

• In For a Treat (Old Pine Cove, #3)
  • A Cowboy's Luck: A St. Patrick's Day Novella
  • Winn's Fall
  • Finally Together with the Football Billionaire Groom (Sweet, Christian Football Bad Boy Romance Series Book 3)
  • Stranded with the Stranger
  • A Duke's Duty (The Duke's Club Book 2)
  • Sweetwater Ridge (High Sierra Book 3)
  • Confessions of a Hellion (Bluestockings Defying Rogues, #7)
  • Claiming Lady Brinton (Regency Redemption, #1)
  • Christmas Charity (Fair Cyprians of London)
  • The Duchess of Chocolate (Rare Confectionery, #1)
  • Faithful: A Christian Romance Novel
  • An Orphaned Bride: A Mail Order Bride Romance
  • The Duke's Widow (Under the Shadow of the Marquess Book 2)
  • The Archaeologist's Daughter (Regency Rendezvous, #3)
  • Defying Rules
  • Welcome Home: A Three Creeks, Montana Novel

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...