Start by marking “The Baja California Cookbook: 60 Recipes from Lower California” as Want to Read:
The Baja California Cookbook: 60 Recipes from Lower California

The Baja California Cookbook: 60 Recipes from Lower California

A joyful exploration of the cuisine of Baja California--hailed as Mexico's Napa Valley--with 60 recipes celebrating the laidback lifestyle found right across the border.

Less than an hour's drive from San Diego, Baja California is an up-and-coming destination for tourists looking to experience the best of what Mexico has to offer. From Baja wine country to incredible s
Published March 17th 2020 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about The Baja California Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baja California Cookbook

Start your review of The Baja California Cookbook: 60 Recipes from Lower California
Bonnie
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book is more than a cookbook, it's a book about the people and food of Baja. I enjoyed reading about the chefs and the people from Baja and the food they cook. Sadly, I haven't been to Baja. I've driven down California as far as San Diego. This cookbook transported me there as I read through and looked at the recipes, stories, and the pictures. Many of the recipes are simple but provides delicious meals, and there are some recipes with unique ingredients that I haven't tried such as rabbit ...more
Brei
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This Cookbook is absolutely gorgeous! The photos really draw you in and make you want to create whatever the food is pictured on the pages of the cookbook.

The recipes are delicious and simple to create. Each recipe we tried was absolutely fantastic! I am not much of a chef and I was able to create several of the recipes in this book.

If you are looking for authentic cuisine look no further than the Baja California Cookbook.

I’ve received a free copy from Ten Speed Press in exchange for a free and
June Ulkoski
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Baja California Cookbook is the ideal choice for foodies during social distancing. I feel very lucky to have received it from Ten Speed Press in exchange for a free and unbiased review.

Lush with photos of the region. Its people and Chef Hussong's food, the book instantly transported me to Baja. Spending an evening with this mixture of travelogue, memoir and highly detailed recipes was a mini-vacation in Mexico. I can't wait to open the pages again.
Andee
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is gorgeous. Beautiful food, pictures, recipes, and stories, all wrapped up in this gorgeous book. I very much enjoyed how approachable the food is, and how they describe a cuisine and culture that may be unfamiliar to much of the country. I live in So Cal, so it’s as much a part of our local Mexican food as In N Out is to burgers here.

The recipes are very simple and uncomplicated. Great food, truly great food, need only have a handful of high quality ingredients in order to be perfec
Pinky
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Liquidlasagna
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Baja is one of the most special places in Mexico—unparalleled seafood, rustic wood-fired cooking, venerated wine country with world-class chefs. Having grown up there in a family of fishermen and ranchers, David shares an intimate awareness of all that makes Baja extraordinary. As one of the region’s leading chefs, he reflects why Baja is becoming a favorite travel destination.
Rick Bayless
Jodi Sheridan
Jul 23, 2020
Forest
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2020
Mar 17, 2020

• Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
  • Beach Read
  • Falastin: A Cookbook
  • Martha Stewart's Organizing: The Manual for Bringing Order to Your Life, Home & Routines
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • The Dearly Beloved
  • Airframe
  • Children of the Stars
  • Modern Comfort Food: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The World Eats Here: International Street Food and Home Cooking—Recipes and Their Stories from the Queens Night Market
  • Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner: 50 Winning Ways to Cook it Up!
  • Five Marys Ranch Raised Cookbook: Homegrown Recipes from Our Family to Yours
  • Martha Stewart's Cake Perfection: 100+ Recipes for the Sweet Classic, from Simple to Stunning