Start by marking “The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)

The Fourth Power

(Order of Magic #3)

Heather Harrison sees ghosts. It's not something she brags about. In fact, she wished she didn't. Communicating (or not communicating) with the dead only leads to heartache, and for her it led to a divorce. For the most part, she's happy being single. She's got a good business, close friends, and a slightly overprotective brother. What more does a forty-something woman nee ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 28th 2020 by The Raven Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Fourth Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fourth Power

Start your review of The Fourth Power (Order of Magic, #3)
Monica
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this series. This time we help Heather get over her grief. Heather's grief is over the loss of a child 10 years ago not by a husband/boyfriend. I can never understand the grief that a mother goes through when losing a child I would just hope that after 10 years they could find some joy. Martin and Jan come into Heather's life I believe at the right time to help her get over the grief. With the help of her best friends and her brother Heather helps both Martin understand Jan ...more
Cheri
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her age, over forty, her tragic history, has not kept Heather from being a business success. Nor has it kept her "gift" a secret from her friends. The three of them have powers that combined are formidable. Said friends, as well as her grandmother (in ghost form), decided she needs a man. Not that she isn't attracted to the man fixing her house and other projects. The problem is the problem the man has.

Can the three of them help him so they are free to explore their attraction? The friends may h
Melissa
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart broke for Heather in the other two books and I wasn't quite sure how Michelle was going to bring her story to life. She did an amazing job bringing depth to these characters that makes you feel their pain along with them. Heather and Martin truly compliment each other and I look forward to what she has in store for this trio and their amazing guys. This world she created is truly amazing and I fall in love with each character all over again as you witness the trials they go through and ...more
Caroline Paquin
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was fun, it was sweet, it was emotional... and CAKE!

Somehow, I always end up hungry when I read a book from this series. Did I say cake?

Oh, a review. Right!

The book was fabulous. I was looking very much forward to Heather's story and Michelle M. Pillow did not disappoint.

But now I'm hungry. Where's the cake?
Pam Louis
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Free cove, N Carolina .
If you haven't been following this is for you.
Heather Harrison at one point in her life had it all a loving husband and a beautiful son. She lost everything when her son died.
Vivien her best friend held her together. Then years later a 3rd woman joined their little group.( Lorna) she is also dating Heather's brother. His name is William and while their grandmother was known for seeing and talking to ghosts . He didn't want to believe it until now. Only because he saw it a
Kathy Tozzi
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Back to Freewild Cove, North Carolina for Heather's story.
The three sister witches have all suffered in the past, all have pain buried inside.
Lorna and Vivian have let go of their pain and began a new life, now it is Heather's turn.
Her pain is deeper than either of her friends, a pain no mother should have to face, the loss of a child.
There are so many feels in this book, happiness, laughter, love and deep sadness.
It is time for her happily ever after with the help of a father and daughter who h
Nikki Brooks
Loving reading all these PWF books - love finding the over 40's with a little help from Magic!

Heather is still grieving the loss of her son a decade earlier. She and her husband couldn't cope and he has moved on but Heather still lives in the same house, her son's bedroom a shrine to his memory. She doesn't feel able to let go of him and using their new found abilities, they have another seance trying to contact Trav. let's hope that they don't release any more demons!

But will the appearance of
Christal
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good! Heather is very happy her two soul sisters found their loves but she only wants to contact her son Travis who passed away many years ago. She left his room as it was. So all the women try another seance to contact Travis. In the meantime, an electrician, Martin, is working on this special house for her. He has a daughter who Heather feels a connection with because of both of their abilities . Heather finally convinces Martin that his daughter is gifted. In the end, Heather is able to sa ...more
Kat, lover of bears...
I almost put off reading this book because book one and two were similar in how Lorna and Vivien's deceased person's were contacted. I thought for sure it would happen to Heather in a similar way and she would be put in some peril unrelated blah blah... nope.... It was anything but that! This book handled it a completely different, yet very satisfying way. There are some downright hilarious moments, some sad tear jerking moments, and some tense borderline scary moments. I made the mistake of cho ...more
Melissa
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Good story

Good sorry for Heather, but was too quick in my mind. Lorna’s story was pretty good, but too short. Viv’s story was much too short and lacked character development and this story was a little better than Viv’s.

The story line is good, but I felt like it just a cliff notes version of what the full story should have been. I haven’t read this author before these books and I am wondering if it’s her style.

Sounds like the series will be continuing with a new character potentially, unsure wh
Anne-Marie
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-author
I forgot how good this series is!
You can read the synopsis to find out what the book is about because I don't like giving away the story. What I do like talking about is how well the book is written.
Michelle Pillow is a new author to me with this series...I read the first book Second Chance Magic last year and loved how the book just flowed flawlessly.
It's the same with this book...the story kept my interest and made me keep reading. The characters are wonderful and easy to relate to them.
I la
Dawn Dohey
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third book from this delightful new series. Just because your 40 doesn't mean your life is over. It seems for most when a lost as big as a loved one comes your life slows down leaving your desire to more on almost becomes no existent. For Heather it becomes just that, that's until she gets a little help from forces around her who want nothing but the best for her. Not to mention a very vibrant little girl and her hot clueless dad. ...more
Georgiana
Apr 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
~4.5 STARS~

I found this story a bit sad at times with Heather's past, and even with some of the things going on with Jan.

Heather and Martin together though are so sweet. There’s a bit of mystery, but humor as well, making this an entertaining read. I couldn’t put the story down once I started it. I do hope there is more of Jan in the future and I'm excited to find out what happens next for the three friends.
Amanda
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heartbreaking, but beautiful. I knew Heather’s story was going to be a sad one based off what we knew of her from the previous two books and I wasn’t wrong. There’s lot of emotions throughout the book, but also lots of healing. I enjoyed getting to watch Heather move forward with her life and overcome her obstacles. Loved that Lorna and Vivien are so prevalent in the book as well. Also, I’m so glad this isn’t the conclusion of the series!
Rhonda Jones
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Characters

Love the mature women in this fabulous series. All over 40. All going through some sort of heartache. Magically brought together by a dead medium. For what purpose? First to help each other heal their wounded souls. Then to help others, whether they be people or ghosts. Three souls were healed in this book. One a precious 10 year old girl. Great story. And a good romance.
Regina Marie O Brien
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

This was an absolutely heart wrenching read, poor Heather has had such a painful journey, thank god for her family and friends, this was a roller-coaster of emotions and painful memories, each step is so hard but when she meets Martin and January I knew it was a another step in her journey, i never cryed so much reading a book, amazing storyline, can't wait for book four
Curly's  Ramblings
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review: An interesting and entertaining story about lost family and love and moving past grief to find happiness again. I like the addition of January to the group and look forward to more of these stories! The narrator did a fantastic job with providing unique voices for each character and appropriate tone inflections for each scene. I won a copy of the audiobook in a giveaway and have voluntarily left this review.
Karen Fisher
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-fisher
What an emotional read! I loved the depth of emotion in this book. A Mother's love never dies. Heather's journey to healing is a long one. Losing her son puts her in autopilot. Her happy ending comes with help from unexpected places. A great book with a happy ending. I received an advanced copy of this book and freely leave this honest review. ...more
Jennifer Lowrance
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting on Heather's story since the first book and it was worth the wait! Parts were laugh out loud funny and parts were heartbreaking. But nothing beats a person going through the own personal hell and coming out the other side in peace! Best book in the series... best book I've read lately! ...more
Kimberly
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heather's story

I loved this one.... I was sad for Heather because all she wanted was to talk to her son, but his spirit wouldn't talk to her. Instead, chose a young girl named January. Heather, Lorna and Vivien help Jan and her dad, since she's like Heather.
Their powers are getting stronger and there's cake. Can't wait for the next book !!
Carol Van horn
A little sad, but a lot of healing happens

It's Heather's turn. The 3 friends have found each other and help each other heal from previous heartbreak. First was Lorna, second was Vivian and now it's Heather's turn. This is a great and moving story of how coming together to help a little girl and her father leads to Heather's healing.
Carmen
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just about perfect

After reading the first two books in this series I couldn't wait to read this one. I love how different the characters are but also how much they have in common. My best friend and I had that type of friendship until she passed away almost 10 years ago. Thanks for the happy tears! I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!!
Lisa
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From heartbreak to home

I've been waiting for Heather's story. I love Lorna and Viv, but Heather's sadness spoke to me. I love how everything worked out for the three and now deeply curious about the ending. Hate waiting, but I know the next book will be as worth it as these ones were
Patricia Kearns
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Fourth Power

The series is amazing, three wonderful awesome women,
each battling with the pain and sorrows of what live has handed them.
Their friendship is a kind of sisterhood, they'd do anything for each other.
There's lots here, magic, ghosts, mmysteries and love.
Great read
Silke Kinney
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally each girl settled their sadness and found a love that's new and promising

I'm every turn, trying to find Travis is heartbreaking. Heather tries to keep busy with talks and lists that keep growing. A new house she's renovating, has some secrets that the contractor's daughter knows about. Hopes and possibilities can be as one answer. Just take the leap!
Cristina
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally!

With each woman in this series struggles figuring out how to find her peace, sometimes it eludes her, and sometimes it is as easy as eating cake. Great story line, the characters are all developed and growing as they move through this adventure together and strong. Can’t wait to see what is next on the menu!
Caroline
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Three times the fun

Heather, Lorna and Vivien are back to sort out Heather's past this time! The ladies are sassy, fun and this makes for a great read! I am seriously pleased to see a next book in the series too! Yay
Get the series today, they are wonderful especially as they feature a group of older ladies! Nice change from the twenty somethings
Christina Fracisco
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just.......wow

I'm not sure I have words for this one. Heather's story was the biggest heart gripper so far. To find peace while at the same time helping a little girl who was just like her was touching. And then there was the humor with friends and sibling bonds sprinkled throughout that made it all just that much more heartwarming.
Pamela
Love Heather!

Beautiful! I was wondering how Heather’s story would play out and honestly it was so beautiful! It didn’t seem forced. It wasn’t overly gut wrenching and emotional. It had just the right amount of sadness and joy. And that ending!?! Eek! Can’t wait for the next one!
Marcia Esders
Keep them coming...

I love Heather, Lorna and Viv and can’t wait for their next adventure...who is this mysterious woman with Julia’s ring? Why did Julia have so many rings? Could this be Julia reincarnated? So many questions...so few answers. Until next time 😘
« previous 1 3 next »

• Suck It Up, Buttercup (First Fangs Club, #2)
  • Hexing with a Chance of Tornadoes (Grimm Cove, #2)
  • On My Way (Midlife Mulligan #2)
  • Spellcasting with a Chance of Spirits (Grimm Cove, #3)
  • Witching For Hope (Premonition Pointe, #2)
  • Brewing Trouble (Crow's Feet Coven Book 2)
  • Witching for Joy (Premonition Pointe, #3)
  • For Whom the Smell Tolls: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel (A Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 2)
  • Sucker Punch (First Fangs Club #3)
  • Halfway There (Midlife Mulligan #1)
  • Who's Midlife Crisis Is It Anyway? (Good To The Last Death, #2)
  • A Most Excellent Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #3)
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Don't Stop Believing (Midlife Mulligan, #3)
  • Sense and Scent Ability (Nora Black Midlife Psychic Mystery Book 1)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Psychic Dreams (Glimmer Lake, #3)
  • Witching For Grace (Premonition Pointe, #1)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author of Romances, Cozy Mysteries, and PWF (Paranormal Women's Fiction)
www.MichellePillow.com

Michelle M. Pillow is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with over one million books sold. She is prolific with works in many genres, but is best known for romance novels.

Printable Booklist: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/42pg25jekx

Michelle loves to travel

Order of Magic (5 books)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Third Time’s a Charm (Order of Magic, #2)
  • The Fifth Sense (Order of Magic #4)
  • The Sixth Spell (Order of Magic, #5)

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...